Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

#481 of 729 Old 02-27-2014, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilee View Post

A friend has.a 5 year age gap and loves it. I had 2 while breastfeeding at 39 and 42

wow thanks Chilee! I was so worried about the age gap. Are they able to play and relate to each other? The astrologer gave me the green light and says I will get pregnant again between March and June, this next time will be the real deal and I have got to get myself prepared. Says he sees a birth in Jan or Feb 2015 IF I make it past Sept 15th with the pregnancy. I think I need thyroid, adrenal help or maybe progesterone. I'll find out in a few weeks after the tests.

Orangemomma, breastfeeding did affect my fertility, I was only ovulating 75% of the time.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center, still nursing.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
#482 of 729 Old 02-27-2014, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemomma View Post

I am still breastfeeding my 2.5 year old. I wonder if that is effecting my fertility? I know I am ovulating- at least some months(I dont know what went on this month tho')

I was looking at it lowering your progesterone and interfering with proper implantation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemomma View Post

Oh, and I am 45
I am 44..and brain dead spparently
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post

wow thanks Chilee! I was so worried about the age gap. Are they able to play and relate to each other? The astrologer gave me the green light and says I will get pregnant again between March and June, this next time will be the real deal and I have got to get myself prepared. Says he sees a birth in Jan or Feb 2015 IF I make it past Sept 15th with the pregnancy. I think I need thyroid, adrenal help or maybe progesterone. I'll find out in a few weeks after the tests.

Orangemomma, breastfeeding did affect my fertility, I was only ovulating 75% of the time.
He looks out for him. I have 5 year between my oldest and youngest. They play together a bit, but big brother is a great help
#483 of 729 Old 02-27-2014, 06:46 PM

glad to hear that about the age gap and when they get older it should get even better...interesting about the breastfeeding lowering progesterone, I implanted just fine but I wonder if the breastfeeding lowered the progesterone to the point of miscarriage.... I'm weaning now, he's 3 1/2 and I can't take it anymore, he's kicking me now and using me as a pacifier LOL. I also wonder if a side effect of low progesterone is anxiety-depression, because it was bad like psychosis almost. I was freaking out, lost 8 lbs. stopped eating...couldn't do anything.

Right after the miscarriage I gained my sanity back. I went to the hospital during the miscarriage just to find out why I miscarried and they said my HCG was 3300, did ultrasound my uterus and ovaries...everything looked good, I could see lots of follicles on both sides and also uterus looked good, no abnormalities. (I thought over 40 they say you have few follicles left? I had plenty from what I had seen). You could even see the right follicle that had matured and supported the pregnancy, and I know I ovulated on the right side because I always feel my ovulations.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
#484 of 729 Old 02-28-2014, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Orange momma: I had many friends who got pregnant while breastfeeding in their late 30's, and it sounds like a number of people on this list also got pregnant while nursing in their 40's. For me, I think nursing + my age was a one-two punch to my fertility. It is hard to tell since I went on Clomid during the same cycle I weaned, but that was also the month I got pregnant. As far as I understand it, both age and nursing cause decrease in progesterone production, which can result in lack of ovulation or miscarriage if fertilization happens.

Even though I was having regular periods and getting positive ovulation tests, ultrasounds indicated that I did not necessarily ovulate. Perhaps that was the problem during the whole year I was trying. My doctor explained that, due to what he observed of my uterus, my estrogen was behaving as expected, but my progesterone was not. Apparently, the progesterone is necessary for the egg to complete development and ovulate.

I am very supportive of extended breastfeeding (or what I like to refer to as normal breastfeeding!), and I know that research indicates that only very few women cannot get pregnant while breastfeeding. However, now that more of us are having babies later in life, I think some attention needs to be paid to whether the contraceptive effects of breastfeeding change as we age. I suspect they do, but there have just not, historically, been enough instances of both longer-term breastfeeding and later-in-life conception.

Please, if anyone has more information on this, I would be interested to hear! Please correct me if I am wrong!
#485 of 729 Old 02-28-2014, 05:01 PM

I do not think I will wean him...don't have the heart.

I have used distraction because I have been nursing for over seven years non stop and well sometimes it is just not fun.
#486 of 729 Old 02-28-2014, 05:27 PM

i was the same way chilee, I didn't have the heart to stop...how long have you been nursing him? wow 7 years!

#487 of 729 Old 02-28-2014, 07:57 PM

i tandem nursed and youngest is 2.5 . 4 year old weaned in the fall
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post

i was the same way chilee, I didn't have the heart to stop...how long have you been nursing him? wow 7 years!
#488 of 729 Old 03-03-2014, 05:29 AM

So i am wondering if i should have beem tsking vitex to lower prolactin sinve i am nursing.ugh
#489 of 729 Old 03-04-2014, 07:01 PM

I have 3 children DS is 21, DD is 9 and a 1 year old DD. We are TTC and I am 41. I am breastfeeding but I ovulate regularly.

#490 of 729 Old 03-05-2014, 05:29 PM

Sooo. I got a positive test today. I'm 11 dpo. I had a missed mc last September at 9 weeks, so I'm super nervous. (And nauseated already? Wth?)
I'm 44, will be 45 in September.
#491 of 729 Old 03-05-2014, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Welcome Leslie!
And wow chichi!!! Omigish! I am so excited for you!! With this one I also was icky nauseated right from the first. On the up side it vanished at 8 weeks...
SOOO very happy for you! Gallons of gorilla glue headed your way! Stick baby stick!!
HUGS!

joy.gif
Leslie2girlsmom likes this.

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & cautiously expecting baby girl 8/14
#492 of 729 Old 03-05-2014, 06:36 PM

Thank you, and congratulations!

#493 of 729 Old 03-06-2014, 09:32 AM

Yay!
I will be 45 in september too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chichimamma View Post

Sooo. I got a positive test today. I'm 11 dpo. I had a missed mc last September at 9 weeks, so I'm super nervous. (And nauseated already? Wth?)
I'm 44, will be 45 in September.
#494 of 729 Old 03-06-2014, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Me, I'm 45 in December! I don't feel my age, I hope my eggies are on board!
Leslie2girlsmom likes this.

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#495 of 729 Old 03-06-2014, 10:47 AM

yay! Tenzin...i love how your babies are so close together! I wanted them close too!

#496 of 729 Old 03-09-2014, 09:17 PM

congrats chichimamma, i'm cheering for you! :)

#497 of 729 Old 03-10-2014, 09:13 PM

Chichi, that is wonderful news! Hoping all is more than well for you.

#498 of 729 Old 03-10-2014, 09:16 PM

Chilee, how many dpo are you?

#499 of 729 Old 03-11-2014, 05:18 PM

i dk af is due thursday after a 10 day LP, but I am not pregnant. tested. so just waiting. cervix is low and hard and all my pregnancies has had it high and soft day be fore af at least :)

#500 of 729 Old 03-11-2014, 10:44 PM

How about you smile.gif
Someone in another thread made me think of something.
How do you think mdc has changes over the past few years?
I think I might try to find all of my old ttc and ddc posts so I can copy them to a word doc.
I wonder how disjointed and out of context they will be. I guess I can full in some blanks.
What ever happened to the traveling fertility goddess that we had in this thread a few years ago?
Tenzin are you the only one still here and litmama if you are lurking...miss ya buddy smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenzinsMama View Post

Chilee, how many dpo are you?
#501 of 729 Old 03-12-2014, 08:21 AM

update: af came one day early at cd 27 but LP was extended by one day for 11 days. that was maca and b6. good luck all. this was our last go so we are done :)

#502 of 729 Old 03-12-2014, 03:15 PM

Hugs and peace mama! Peace.gif

#503 of 729 Old 03-12-2014, 08:42 PM

((HUGS)) chilee. 

#504 of 729 Old 03-13-2014, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just looked up my original post to this thread - it's been 13 months for me posting here. Feeling kind of discouraged but I know that fertility rates are low for 45 year olds, my partner also has ED so our "successful" BD-ing is quite limited each month. I/we will keep trying for a bit longer.

I will ovulate some time in the next 24-48 hours based on my current fertility signs. Have had one opportunity this month - hoping for one more.

Breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling momma to two. 228/2014 items in decluttering challenge (643 items gone last year 2013, 625 gone in 2012) Ramsey's BS1 $455.31
#505 of 729 Old 03-13-2014, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Chilee, missing you too, my friend! I'm sorry AF came ((( hugs ))). Are you really, really done? That's hard to imagine. I have been lurking occasionally but I have so little time right now (crazy work schedule at the moment) that I always feel like my replies will be pathetically inadequate, so I don't bother. Like... I know there are mamas on here who have had BFPs but I don't have time to read through the thread and catch up!

I'm maybe 10dpo right now (not tracking super closely this cycle). It's my first normal cycle since my 7-weeks miscarriage in January. I'm finally feeling hormonally and emotionally balanced again. But... big but... DH is possibly done with any major TTC. He is willing to continue to DTD at the right time in my cycle, but that's about it. He is burned out from the quest and from our losses, and says that the heartbreak of trying has now become heavier than the heartbreak of life without a biological child of his own (he is a wonderful stepdad to my bio DD). I'm sad about it... especially about my sweet DH not ever getting to hold his own baby in his arms (I got to do that once already and I know that makes me lucky). But I'm also burned out, so I get it. Maybe we just need a little break... to exhale and live our lives without being constantly pushed and pulled by desire and longing for something we don't have.

I have begun drinking coffee again in earnest, too! Ha! I blame you, Chilee (just kidding). :bgbounce I blame my insane work schedule. 

Hope all of you mamas are doing well, my apologies for my lack of personals, and I do look forward to catching up for real sometime soon. Once midterms are over.

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#506 of 729 Old 03-13-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilee View Post

How about you smile.gif
Someone in another thread made me think of something.
How do you think mdc has changes over the past few years?
I think I might try to find all of my old ttc and ddc posts so I can copy them to a word doc.
I wonder how disjointed and out of context they will be. I guess I can full in some blanks.
What ever happened to the traveling fertility goddess that we had in this thread a few years ago?
Tenzin are you the only one still here and litmama if you are lurking...miss ya buddy smile.gif

I'm waiting for PPAF to show up yet. I was 5.5 months with DS, and then 5 months with DD. I hope this time around is similar, so I have as many chances as possible left.  I've been thinking about how MDC has changed, I joined in 2010... One thing I noticed with the TTC while nursing thread, there seemed to be more of a foundation to it. I don't know how to articulate it-- but kind of like, the people in it the first time I was there, they really seemed to rally around one another and follow one's progress, and offer really specific and helpful information (if that was what was being asked)... and then the last time I was on it seemed to be less deep, or something like that... I don't know if that is what you are asking, or if you are more interested in hearing my thoughts about some other aspect?  Oh... and the DDC I joined for #2, I found it to be quite clique-y. Luck of the draw I guess. 

#507 of 729 Old 03-13-2014, 07:19 PM

Hi Litmama!  I'm glad to hear that you have been healing. What a rough go. I think we are in the same boat, in terms of our DH not being keen to try but then still being willing to DTD at the right time. (Well, in our case we don't even know when the chance will be since I am waiting for my 1st PPAF.)  I'm just happy right now that he has moved on to the point that he can make jokes about trying for another, instead of getting stern and saying 'no way'. I was really upset when he told me that when he took our LO to the family doctor just after Christmas for follow up for a bad cold she had, that the doc had asked him if we were done with adding to our family. DH had apparently said 'yes', so when he came home he showed me the referral he had been given for the V. I was livid!  It felt like a betrayal, that he had been talking about our future without me being present. I've got more to say, but right now my kids are needing to get to bed... At any rate, it brings forth an interesting discussion about what happens when two people have different thoughts/feelings/beliefs about having children...

And I, too, apologize for the lack of personals to everyone else. I've been following along and cheering everyone one on, but in my sleep deprived state it's been hard to keep everything straight and I'm feeling like I need to go back several pages before I do that.

#508 of 729 Old 03-13-2014, 08:06 PM

I think I must just be... I don't know the word. I would just keep my mouth shut about the possibility of pregnancy and figured that dh should know I'm fertile myrtle and if he didn't want a pregnancy, he should do something about it. Since he knew I did want one, even more so after each loss last year.
Maybe that makes me wrong, immoral? I don't know. What I did know was that if it worked out, eventually dh would get used to the idea and he could never not adore a child of ours.
So I avoided the conversation altogether...

#509 of 729 Old 03-13-2014, 08:12 PM

Carita, I think that is how I will be. :)  It will be interesting once I do get AF back. 

#510 of 729 Old 03-14-2014, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Carita that is how it is for me. DH made it pretty clear after my second loss that he didn't want to ttc, so I didn't even tell him about the last pregnancy (which I lost at 6 weeks). He has been using the "you're too old to get pregnant" method of contraception :eyesroll And I've kind of taken advantage of that. However, I have come to agree that I am probably too old.

Having said that, I got a BFP pos.gifthis month! I wasn't really ttc anymore, and I stopped temping, but I did have an idea of when I was ovulating. A couple of days after ovulation I woke in the night with a sharp burning pain in my right breast, and it was then that I thought there might actually be a chance of a bfp, either that or I had gallstones!

However, I am not feeling confident. I got a bfp at 12 dpo on a FRER ( 2nd morning urine). That day I bought a new box of FRER and did a test when I got home - it was fainter than the morning one. Then the following two mornings I used the other two FRER and they were fainter than the one at 12 dpo. I don't know if it is that they are from another box? The thing is, I have done IC tests and they are negative. I did an IC today at 15 dpo, and it is negative. Normally I get AF at 13 or 14 dpo.

I also don't have strong symptoms like I have in the past. I had very tender breasts, which in a normal cycle will stop hurting around 12 dpo, then I get af 14 dpo. This month the tenderness lessened around 12 dpo, but they haven't gone away entirely, they just feel heavier and kinda different. I do have a strong metallic taste in my mouth which hasn't waned,and I am very hungry. I had a horrible sinus headache all day yesterday, and found things were very smelly.

I am lurching from, "Oh my gosh, I am pregnant, how exciting, I'll have a new one month old baby at Christmas time. Why shouldn't it work out?"baby.gif to "Why am I being so foolish to believe that it is even a possibility. I am 47 years old, I'd be 48 at delivery, it's unheard of. I am stupid to hope, I should just pretend it isn't happening because AF will turn up soon".

If my tests were really dark and getting darker I'd feel a whole lot better.

I saw my doctor on Thursday, so I was just 13 dpo. I was there with DD, but when she went out for a blood test I told him I was pregnant and asked about progesterone and aspirin. First he was really thrilled and excited for me, and kept telling me how incredible it was to fall pregnant at 47 - that I am clearly very fertile. I told him I was being very cautious because I've had three miscarriages, and he said that I shouldn't worry, that it was no more likely than when I had my DS 5 years ago, and that I should prepare myself for a baby. I kept telling him I couldn't be that optimistic, but he seem so optomistic it was a bit contagious. He wrote out the requests for blood tests at 10 weeks and nuchal fold test at 12 weeks, which I thought was a bit premature, but he felt he might as well do it now. He kept say, "wow, it's so exciting!" Bless him. Wish I could get excited, but I have to be realistic. There's such a terribly long road to journey on. I feel my first milestone is 6 weeks, then I'll set the next milestone.

Anyway, the doctor felt that both progesterone and aspirin were unnecessary, but I will be taking the aspirin anyway. He was much more concerned about the chance of a trisomy because of my age, but that's not even something I have considered. Perhaps it is naive of me, but it just isn't something I have thought about. I guess when you've been ttc as long as I have, you just want a pregnancy, everything after that is secondary.

I am trying positive visualisation, it is all I can do really, and I will try to keep busy and stay away from maternity clothing websites :eyesroll I am incurable! :wink 

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page