Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

#631 of 730 Old 05-24-2014, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Hi all, I just thought I'd jump in. Maybe I can join in?? I guess you could say I am TTC and have crossed the 40 line smile.gif we are having IVF and in fact just went straight to donor eggs because I got my miracle baby in 2011 but since had 3 failed attempts with my own eggs. I guess I had no reservations about it but thought I'd rather we spend our money on this rather than testing. Me and doing another round of IVF when it is highly likely my eggs are old. So next week is our big attempt to get pregnant. I do too worry about the age thing. It's funny how some of us worry and ponder it a lot and other women don't give a care. I have a friend in France who had her second child at 42 and she didn't not even blink an eye about her age. I admire that.
#632 of 730 Old 05-24-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezykids View Post

Litmama, thank you for your kind words. Many hugs and love to you also smile.gif
How are you feeling mama? I just read through some older posts and was motivated to write you something. What a journey you have been through. Hugs
#633 of 730 Old 05-29-2014, 09:03 PM

Just wanted to say hi and I guess this thread is pretty quiet and not much activity. Hope you all are staying strong and I think I'll just stay on the fertility challenged thread. Thank you anyway!!!
#634 of 730 Old 05-30-2014, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
cheers...pop in once in a hike and let us know how you are doing

after years of 27 day cycles i had a few 25 day ones recently.
i am now on cd30.
after chemical i had, i am too chicken to test.
#635 of 730 Old 05-31-2014, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Congrats to 3surfboys!

chilee - did you test??

Breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling momma to two. 231/2014 items in decluttering challenge (643 items gone last year 2013, 625 gone in 2012) Ramsey's BS1 $468.31
#636 of 730 Old 06-04-2014, 01:22 PM

How's everyone doing? I haven't posted much recently - we missed our window of opportunity for this month so I am hanging tight for next cycle.

Hope everyone is well and not working too hard!

Breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling momma to two. 231/2014 items in decluttering challenge (643 items gone last year 2013, 625 gone in 2012) Ramsey's BS1 $468.31
#637 of 730 Old 06-08-2014, 05:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Hello ladies! I keep up with your posts but remain a lurker as in general I feel inappropriate posting here often at this stage.
I just wanted to add some light. After my three losses last year I felt very unhopeful.
I am just about 31 weeks now and stopped seeing the OB back in April. I have plans to see a midwife just once prior to the birth, and will be having my 6th baby unassisted, like my previous 4. (first was an unmedicated hospital birth). Seeing the midwife so she will agree to check baby and I after the birth.
I continue to wish you all the best and have high hopes for you each to catch your golden egg, just as I did.

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & cautiously expecting baby girl 8/14
#638 of 730 Old 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caritasrainbow View Post
Hello ladies! I keep up with your posts but remain a lurker as in general I feel inappropriate posting here often at this stage.
I just wanted to add some light. After my three losses last year I felt very unhopeful.
I am just about 31 weeks now and stopped seeing the OB back in April. I have plans to see a midwife just once prior to the birth, and will be having my 6th baby unassisted, like my previous 4. (first was an unmedicated hospital birth). Seeing the midwife so she will agree to check baby and I after the birth.
I continue to wish you all the best and have high hopes for you each to catch your golden egg, just as I did.

please keep us posted! if i ever have another i will uc. no midwives here and i do not think i can deal with hospital at all..no
#639 of 730 Old 06-12-2014, 04:35 PM

After one UC, I could never go to a hospital without a real medical reason. However, I have to add that after my first kid I became a Bradley instructor, doula, breastfeeding counselor and La Leche League leader, and I am (like so many of us here) a very avid reader. Way back then I became online friends with a very active UC group and was able to gather information easily. These days there does not seem to be a big active online group, which sucks. I could use the support.
Family and friends never have chilled and still think I'm just dangerous and stupid. Seriously, I've btdt 4x. I still get nervous, I mean, who wouldn't? But I can not imagine birthing any other way.
#640 of 730 Old 06-13-2014, 05:53 AM

CD28, no signs of AF who was due yesterday, no irritability. However, my temps are a bit too low to "bake a baby". I am thinking chemical. Will post more later- on my phone now
#641 of 730 Old 06-14-2014, 04:34 AM

Well AF showed this morning, 2 days late. Sigh
#642 of 730 Old 06-16-2014, 04:45 AM

sorry orange...same thing happened here
#643 of 730 Old 06-17-2014, 06:48 PM

Orange mama and chile, I am so sorry. My pregnancy before this one was a chemical. Kinda just felt like a stupid mean joke.
Well, I saw a midwife today just so she would agree to do an afterbirth check. Now I'm freaking out. I'm anemic, which I thought. I actually asked her to do the hematocrit because I suspected it. Nbd, add iron and I'll be fine I'm sure. (Up the Floridix, add chlorophyll, and add alfalfa to my tea mixture).
The real issue is that baby girl is transverse. Not even a controversial breech. At this point she could stay the same or go either way. Not sure of my confidence with breech, oh, have none, and even if she turns head down, chances of cord issues have gone way up.
I know this is a ttc forum, just feel like y'all know me best. I no longer have an OB, and this late in the game there is no way I could come up with the money to pay a midwife up front. (And no, they aren't legal here). The one I saw was across the border. I have names of two, but not the $$.
Transverse. Seriously? Five natural births, four unassisted. Wth?

#644 of 730 Old 06-18-2014, 05:44 PM

i hope babe gets head down asap!
my second was trans and turned just before version..whew.

afm...Dh announced today that he wants to try for another
#645 of 730 Old 06-18-2014, 05:55 PM

Congratulations chilee! That's awesome! Lots of bd in your near future, I'm sure, lol!

I saw a chiro today and will again Friday and twice next week. Dh will make me a slant board this weekend. Tried the ironing board, LMAO!! Epic fail.

I'm feeling slightly better about my near future. Not wonderful, but better.

Kmfx for all of you ladies.

#646 of 730 Old 06-18-2014, 06:42 PM

ba ha ha. i am so laughing at the ironing board! spinning babies strikes again
#647 of 730 Old 06-20-2014, 03:45 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
hey CaritasRainbow -
gosh, I'm sorry you don't have acess to a home birth midwife. I'm in neighboring VA and have a wonderful midwife who works with families who can't afford her services. 2 of my 4 were breech fairly late in the pregnancy and went on to be turned and delivered vaginally. I'll be sending you positive vibes!
#648 of 730 Old 06-20-2014, 07:19 AM

no midwives here at all
#649 of 730 Old 06-21-2014, 06:29 AM

Just saying that we are in the running this month! With my partner's ED (even with meds) we only usually get one opportunity each month. It's CD10 - perhaps a bit early but it's good

#650 of 730 Old 06-23-2014, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I wanted to say hello to everyone. I have not been on MDC regularly in a few years. And a lot has changed. I am dating someone from my past. Things are serious. And, surprisingly, he wants to start a family together. I say surprisingly because his only child just graduated from high school. I am tentatively hopeful even though I am 44. My grandmother had her last 2 of 8 eighteen months apart at ages 43 and 44. Number 7 is my 71 year mom.

I am currently just 4 weeks pregnant. My period was due last Monday (I was having 24 day cycles) when I realized I hadn't had any of my normal PMS symptoms. We had been trying since late February. And I had already given up. Which is probably why it worked this cycle. No anticipation stress. I had pretty much no EWC whereas the last cycle I had quite a bit. So, I had counted us out and didn't even test early.

Hopefully, this will be a success story. I do have 2 losses, though. The last one was in 2011 when I was 41. I seem to have success every other pregnancy. Hoping the trend continues, in which case, this one should stick.

No real nausea symptoms yet, but plenty of sore boobage.

Baby dust to all!

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#651 of 730 Old 06-24-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
I wanted to say hello to everyone. I have not been on MDC regularly in a few years. And a lot has changed. I am dating someone from my past. Things are serious. And, surprisingly, he wants to start a family together. I say surprisingly because his only child just graduated from high school. I am tentatively hopeful even though I am 44. My grandmother had her last 2 of 8 eighteen months apart at ages 43 and 44. Number 7 is my 71 year mom.

I am currently just 4 weeks pregnant. My period was due last Monday (I was having 24 day cycles) when I realized I hadn't had any of my normal PMS symptoms. We had been trying since late February. And I had already given up. Which is probably why it worked this cycle. No anticipation stress. I had pretty much no EWC whereas the last cycle I had quite a bit. So, I had counted us out and didn't even test early.

Hopefully, this will be a success story. I do have 2 losses, though. The last one was in 2011 when I was 41. I seem to have success every other pregnancy. Hoping the trend continues, in which case, this one should stick.

No real nausea symptoms yet, but plenty of sore boobage.

Baby dust to all!
Right on! I am 44 also...love that you came here to include us <3

solid sticky pregnancy
#652 of 730 Old 06-24-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilee View Post
Right on! I am 44 also...love that you came here to include us <3

solid sticky pregnancy
Thank you, chilee!!

#653 of 730 Old 06-25-2014, 11:46 AM

Welcome honeybunmom! Kmfx orangemomma!
Well I found an underground MW, but she wants $2400 paid by 36 weeks, plus $75 for the first visit and $40 for each subsequent prenatal. I am 33 weeks today, so this is not gonna happen. She's scheduled to visit me this Friday and I'm scared to cancel, but I know I can't actually hire her.
I am feeling much better since I upped my iron, so I'm not super worried about the anemia anymore. Still seeing the chiropractor, but not sure of position. I think we are breech now.
New- my right calf hurts a great deal when I walk, and feels very stiff. There is also some minor swelling in my right ankle. The OB I was seeing sent a certified letter stating she will not see me again. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking ER for the leg? Seems like a clot. My BFF is a dr and he's thinking deep vein thrombosis.
I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps my age and parity are catching up with me and I should give up on my having my fifth UC and start looking for a new OB.
Being new in town still I have no one to turn to and my soul searching is really just stressing me out. Anyone have an opinion?
After three consecutive losses and knowing I won't do this again, and making it this far, I don't want to do anything to jeopardize this baby. My biggest issues with hospital birth are, stupid hospital position for birthing, cutting the cord before placenta is out, stupid eye drops and all those unnecessary shots. That said, I also know they won't kill the baby and I'm beginning to wonder if my way of birthing might.
Sorry, I'm freaking out...

#654 of 730 Old 06-25-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Welcome honeybunmom! Kmfx orangemomma!
Well I found an underground MW, but she wants $2400 paid by 36 weeks, plus $75 for the first visit and $40 for each subsequent prenatal. I am 33 weeks today, so this is not gonna happen. She's scheduled to visit me this Friday and I'm scared to cancel, but I know I can't actually hire her.
I am feeling much better since I upped my iron, so I'm not super worried about the anemia anymore. Still seeing the chiropractor, but not sure of position. I think we are breech now.
New- my right calf hurts a great deal when I walk, and feels very stiff. There is also some minor swelling in my right ankle. The OB I was seeing sent a certified letter stating she will not see me again. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking ER for the leg? Seems like a clot. My BFF is a dr and he's thinking deep vein thrombosis.
I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps my age and parity are catching up with me and I should give up on my having my fifth UC and start looking for a new OB.
Being new in town still I have no one to turn to and my soul searching is really just stressing me out. Anyone have an opinion?
After three consecutive losses and knowing I won't do this again, and making it this far, I don't want to do anything to jeopardize this baby. My biggest issues with hospital birth are, stupid hospital position for birthing, cutting the cord before placenta is out, stupid eye drops and all those unnecessary shots. That said, I also know they won't kill the baby and I'm beginning to wonder if my way of birthing might.
Sorry, I'm freaking out...
Find an OB...it will take a ton of stress off of you <3 You can have a "homebirth" in the hospital...My serious opinion.... and you can make it beautiful. You will both be safe and happy.
sherryvhkb likes this.
#655 of 730 Old 06-25-2014, 10:31 PM

Hi everyone! Sorry to be AWOL lately... I kinda took a step back from TTC and have also been insanely busy with work and life (lots of monkey wrenches).

I just wanted to pop in and send quick hugs to Chilee and Carita and Orangemomma and 3Surfboys and I am sure I'm forgetting many other mamas! (and welcome to the new folks, too!) So sorry about that. I'll have to catch up for real when things settle down.

Carita, sending you some serious ((( hugs )))... I agree with Chilee... find yourself a sympathetic, supportive new OB and have a beautiful hospital birth that will free you from this stress and offer whatever backup medical support you might need. I had an absolutely wonderful hospital birth, it was like a homebirth, really. I brought a birth plan and My OB let me labor in whatever position I wanted for as long as I wanted (never once uttered the C word, even after 36 hours of labor), I had music and candles, no drugs, etc. You might even be able to do a UC in a hospital... the OBs don't come in until the last minute unless they are needed earlier.

And please take care of your leg! Yes, you could always go to ER and get it looked at. I forget, do you have health insurance? If not, you could go to a community clinic. That sounds uncomfortable and like it needs attention.

Hang in there, mama! You are so close! Sending love to everyone else, too...

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#656 of 730 Old 06-26-2014, 06:18 AM

this cycle was 26 days...man all signs are really pointing at peri.
@LitMama man, I am glad you checked in...nice to see a familiar face
@car nitasrainbow take it easy, let go just this once
#657 of 730 Old 06-26-2014, 07:55 PM

I did go to the ER and they did not find a clot. So no idea why the pain and swelling. The ER dr did ask me if I was currently taking birth control, so my true feelings on the adeptness of the staff was um, well less than ideal. The US machine kept shutting down, so the tech listened for a clot rather than relying on a picture. Can you just picture the ridiculousness of th situation?
I do have insurance. And with co payments and so forth, it's expensive, but likely the same as most pay.
Midwife visit tomorrow late afternoon. I'd like her to check position again as it is my chief concern at this point. I think it is the main thing that will sway my decision about what to do.
I just got attacked on the UC board and so unsubbed. I'm wondering if anyone over there has ever had a UC or if they all just hope to. They are super supportive of c-sections... Lol!
Kmfx and sending over oodles of fairy dust and gorilla glue for this cycle for all of you!! Hugs mamas, thank you so much for being so nonjudgmental and supportive!

#658 of 730 Old 06-27-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I did go to the ER and they did not find a clot. So no idea why the pain and swelling. The ER dr did ask me if I was currently taking birth control, so my true feelings on the adeptness of the staff was um, well less than ideal. The US machine kept shutting down, so the tech listened for a clot rather than relying on a picture. Can you just picture the ridiculousness of th situation?
I do have insurance. And with co payments and so forth, it's expensive, but likely the same as most pay.
Midwife visit tomorrow late afternoon. I'd like her to check position again as it is my chief concern at this point. I think it is the main thing that will sway my decision about what to do.
I just got attacked on the UC board and so unsubbed. I'm wondering if anyone over there has ever had a UC or if they all just hope to. They are super supportive of c-sections... Lol!
Kmfx and sending over oodles of fairy dust and gorilla glue for this cycle for all of you!! Hugs mamas, thank you so much for being so nonjudgmental and supportive!
I am sorry to read about what you are going through. I think you mentioned that you have a doctor friend. I have only birthed at home, but have visited obs early on with my last two pregnancies. The last was the absolute worst. A woman who treated me as though I had no right to even think I could have a healthy pregnancy after 40 - despite there being 3 of them in my family history, 2 of them by my grandmother and 1 of those pregnancies resulting in my own mother! All that to say this time around I have asked a doctor friend of mine for referrals for AMA friendly obs so as to spare myself that emotional stress. Can you get your friend to ask around for referrals for doctors sympathetic to your situation? I realize that you are in a new locale and this friend may be from your old local, but, the ask may still be worth it.

I am holding good thoughts for you and your baby!

#659 of 730 Old 06-27-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
I am sorry to read about what you are going through. I think you mentioned that you have a doctor friend. I have only birthed at home, but have visited obs early on with my last two pregnancies. The last was the absolute worst. A woman who treated me as though I had no right to even think I could have a healthy pregnancy after 40 - despite there being 3 of them in my family history, 2 of them by my grandmother and 1 of those pregnancies resulting in my own mother! All that to say this time around I have asked a doctor friend of mine for referrals for AMA friendly obs so as to spare myself that emotional stress. Can you get your friend to ask around for referrals for doctors sympathetic to your situation? I realize that you are in a new locale and this friend may be from your old local, but, the ask may still be worth it.

I am holding good thoughts for you and your baby!
Lol! No, my BFF has been my BFF throughout all five of my UCs, but he thinks I'm crazy. He is also anti cosleeping, thinks all kids should be vaxed, and even now thinks I should have my boys circumcised. (They are 21, almost 12 & 7, can you imagine?!). He also lives halfway across the country from me. It's pretty insane that we have been best friends for nearly 20 years really. He's also a HUGE Rush fan, and that is the band i hate more than any other. Sounds like scratches on a chalkboard. We are a very unlikely pair. Somehow though we remain very close, and he remains respectful of my decisions. (And occasionally I'll even go to a stupid Rush concert with him).
#660 of 730 Old 06-27-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Lol! No, my BFF has been my BFF throughout all five of my UCs, but he thinks I'm crazy. He is also anti cosleeping, thinks all kids should be vaxed, and even now thinks I should have my boys circumcised. (They are 21, almost 12 & 7, can you imagine?!). He also lives halfway across the country from me. It's pretty insane that we have been best friends for nearly 20 years really. He's also a HUGE Rush fan, and that is the band i hate more than any other. Sounds like scratches on a chalkboard. We are a very unlikely pair. Somehow though we remain very close, and he remains respectful of my decisions. (And occasionally I'll even go to a stupid Rush concert with him).
Oh, well, sorry there's no option there. I am in the Midwest and did get an LA referral for a California friend from a therapist I was once seeing . . . But if you're at philosophical odds, I can see how that might not be realistic. And I am sure that no ob is sympathetic to unassisted birth, but, I thought that maybe aspects of your care until you get to the end could be addressed. Still holding good thoughts for you. :-)

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page