Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

#691 of 709 Old 07-09-2014, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
Prior to getting pregnant I was just taking prenatal vitamins and working out. Prior to my second child I saw my acupuncturist to prepare my womb for conception. But not for this one. I started going to her again two weeks after I found out I was pregnant.

I am pretty type A, so, I think it helped that I gave up pretty quickly. I went through many tests in March, April and May. Over analyzed every uterine twinge and soreness in my boobs. Then I gave up. Figured it just wasn't meant to be. Which I think relaxed me. I didn't even have any discernible EWCM the cycle I conceived. I am a big believer in the stress factor as inhibitor.
I just gave up too....these last few tries esp. late May with perfect timing...flat nothing and I was VERY stressed about it working...I'm also Type A, I need to be in control...and since it didn't happen fast, I now don't think it will happen at all. My almost 4 year old just started Pre-K, we all caught this horrible illness from the school that lasted 6 weeks, after being sick and tired for so long I no longer have the energy to be stressed about this. Thinking about home school now..I don't want him in school if he's going to end up constantly sick (and us). Some kind of post viral fatigue from this has me too tired to care about anything...so tired I can't even exercise. But I will continue to do the acupuncture and take the stuff, just too tired to care...my new line of thinking is oh well you can always do donor egg. Did you test your FSH? Astrologers say July, Sep, Nov-Dec...could happen...I'll just go through the motions and see.... Thanks for sharing...very happy for you

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center, still nursing.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
#692 of 709 Old 07-10-2014, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
This morning I had a viability ultrasound and am happy to report that it looks like we caught a golden egg!! Everything looked good: gestational sac, yolk sac, etc. were as they should be and we were even able to see the little bean pulsing and hear a strong heartbeat going at 156 bpm! And the bean was measuring exactly in accordance with my dates.

This appointment gave me much needed relief. I know nothing is promised, but at least now I can focus on what is and really connect with this pregnancy. And, fortunately, my partner surprised me and came to the appt (I only had my consultation on Tues and scheduled the u/s without checking with his schedule so I could have some peace of mind as soon as possible) and I think it enabled him to connect more, too.

Yeah!!
tenzinsmama, chilee and PrimalJoy like this.

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#693 of 709 Old 07-10-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
This morning I had a viability ultrasound and am happy to report that it looks like we caught a golden egg!! Everything looked good: gestational sac, yolk sac, etc. were as they should be and we were even able to see the little bean pulsing and hear a strong heartbeat going at 156 bpm! And the bean was measuring exactly in accordance with my dates.

This appointment gave me much needed relief. I know nothing is promised, but at least now I can focus on what is and really connect with this pregnancy. And, fortunately, my partner surprised me and came to the appt (I only had my consultation on Tues and scheduled the u/s without checking with his schedule so I could have some peace of mind as soon as possible) and I think it enabled him to connect more, too.

Yeah!!
Great news...YAY!
honeybunmom likes this.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center, still nursing.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
#694 of 709 Old 07-10-2014, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
YAY, honeybunmom!!!

Hi, ladies,

I joined this thread last year when we got serious about TTC, then had to take a break from thinking so hard about baby #2 when it looked like it wasn't going to happen. Of course, that's when it happened! Having a dating ultrasound next week so I'll really know what's going on, but very excited to be on this journey once again! And so happy to see other mamas on the list got their long-awaited BFP's!
honeybunmom and tenzinsmama like this.
#695 of 709 Old 07-11-2014, 03:57 AM

Congrats zbugmama!

Nexxus - feel better soon! 6 weeks is a long time to be sick.

I just had a 28 day cycle after months and months with my cycles being 25-26 days. I am kinda excited by this - maybe it's the B vitamins, and extra folic acid and vitamin D I am taking that is helping me out.

I have been ovulating at CD12-13 which I had read could have something to do with declining egg reserve or egg health? That the later in your cycle you ovulate the better. Someone here on this thread wrote about this, I just don't have the time to go back and find the post.

Being curious, I went back over my old charts. The cycle that I conceived my daughter (at age 41) I ovulated on CD13! She's 3 now. Of course there were other months back then that I ovulated later in my cycle (day 14, day 16 for example)

Now if I could just help my partner to figure out what's up with his ED (meds don't work) - I think that our chances could improve if we could just get more "swimmers" into play each month.

Breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling momma to two. 181/2014 items in decluttering challenge (643 items gone last year 2013, 625 gone in 2012)
#696 of 709 Old 07-12-2014, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemomma View Post
Congrats zbugmama!

I just had a 28 day cycle after months and months with my cycles being 25-26 days. I am kinda excited by this - maybe it's the B vitamins, and extra folic acid and vitamin D I am taking that is helping me out.

I have been ovulating at CD12-13 which I had read could have something to do with declining egg reserve or egg health? That the later in your cycle you ovulate the better. Someone here on this thread wrote about this, I just don't have the time to go back and find the post.

Being curious, I went back over my old charts. The cycle that I conceived my daughter (at age 41) I ovulated on CD13! She's 3 now. Of course there were other months back then that I ovulated later in my cycle (day 14, day 16 for example)

Now if I could just help my partner to figure out what's up with his ED (meds don't work) - I think that our chances could improve if we could just get more "swimmers" into play each month.
Are you still breastfeeding? I had a baby two years ago, and my cycles have averaged 26 days since they resumed a year ago. They used to be around 29 days. I assumed this had something to do with hormonal changes due to pregnancy or breastfeeding, since I don't suspect perimenopause. (I am 40 and my mom didn't reach menopause early.) I did some googling and found that breastfeeding is known to shorten your luteal phase, so I am assuming that's what's going on in my case. I guess it doesn't hurt fertility to have a shortened luteal phase as long as it's not too short (under 10 days). I haven't been charting and just started using a fertility monitor, so I don't know when in my cycle I'm ovulating.

This is the first cycle we've tried to conceive since the baby was born. Our baby was conceived with IVF, so it would be amazing if I got pregnant naturally! I decided not to take a pregnancy test this time unless my period was actually late, because I think I drove myself crazy with all the testing I did last time we tried to conceive. My period is due any day now, and I'm having trouble keeping my mind off it! You can go crazy playing the "pregnancy or PMS" game!
sherryvhkb likes this.
#697 of 709 Old 07-12-2014, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I am still breastfeeding. I got pregnant when 1 and 2 were each 18 mos...tandemed. Just feeding one now and he will be three in a few months. But alas did not get the same spacing for a fourth
#698 of 709 Old 07-14-2014, 05:18 AM

I am still breastfeeding as well. My DD is 3 but she still really wants that milk. I work outside of the home a lot and I just can't say no when I see that little face! I am 45, trying for #3 .
#699 of 709 Old 07-14-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Congrats zbugmama!

My cycles have always been short. 24-26 days is the norm for me. 27-28 day cycles are the rarity. Dd was conceived on a 26 day cycle and ds and this one on 24 day cycles. I can't imagine them getting much shorter as my egg reserves continue to decline!!

#700 of 709 Old 07-15-2014, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I will be 43 August 4th.
Anyway, I was right, I had it confirmed today, baby girl has turned and is in the perfect birthing position. My other worries, which related to age and parity, have vanished. I feel like I've done everything in my power to fix whatever issues those things may have caused (excessive bleeding postpartum, uterine atony, etc).
Also, while I am still anemic, I am just barely, so I'm comfortable with that.
So I am now looking forward to my 5th unassisted birth in less than a month!!!
honeybunmom likes this.

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & cautiously expecting baby girl 8/14
#701 of 709 Old 07-16-2014, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Well, just shy of 11 weeks, this little one has decided now is not the time.

I will be taking another break from the list but wish healthy and positive (in all ways) months ahead to you mamas.
#702 of 709 Old 07-16-2014, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Zbugmama- hugs and healing. So sorry mama.

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & cautiously expecting baby girl 8/14
#703 of 709 Old 07-16-2014, 07:33 PM

zebugmama, I am so sorry for your loss! I am sending white light your way and praying for peace in your heart.

#704 of 709 Old 07-17-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
I am still breastfeeding as well. My DD is 3 but she still really wants that milk. I work outside of the home a lot and I just can't say no when I see that little face! I am 45, trying for #3 .
mine will be 3 in the fall and starting to realize might not be a fourth
#705 of 709 Old 07-17-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caritasrainbow View Post
I will be 43 August 4th.
Anyway, I was right, I had it confirmed today, baby girl has turned and is in the perfect birthing position. My other worries, which related to age and parity, have vanished. I feel like I've done everything in my power to fix whatever issues those things may have caused (excessive bleeding postpartum, uterine atony, etc).
so happy to see this!!!!
#706 of 709 Old 07-17-2014, 09:33 AM

zbugmama so sorry

please come talk when you want...a lot of losses here and a lot of heart and emcouragement
#707 of 709 Old 07-17-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbugmama View Post
Well, just shy of 11 weeks, this little one has decided now is not the time.

I will be taking another break from the list but wish healthy and positive (in all ways) months ahead to you mamas.
Zbugmama, I am so, so sorry. As Chilee said, a lot of us have been down this road and are here for you. Take good care, sending love and light your way.

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#708 of 709 Old 07-17-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caritasrainbow View Post
I will be 43 August 4th.
Great news, Carita! Yay! So glad baby girl is cooperating and you will get to have the birth you wanted.

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#709 of 709 Old 07-17-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilee View Post
mine will be 3 in the fall and starting to realize might not be a fourth
I BF my DD until she was 3 but wasn't TTC at the time. Wish I had tried, even though my marriage was breaking up, at least I could maybe have had another LO (although BF may have been totally suppressing ovulation in my case... I didn't get PP AF until DD was at least 2... by the time my cycle returned, I was single with no potential father for a second LO). 46 now and probably looking at not being able to have another and getting okay with that. Grateful for my one.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page