Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 24 - Mothering Forums
First ... 14  22  23  24 25  26 
Trying To Conceive > Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC!
nexxus's Avatar nexxus 04:45 PM 07-09-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
Prior to getting pregnant I was just taking prenatal vitamins and working out. Prior to my second child I saw my acupuncturist to prepare my womb for conception. But not for this one. I started going to her again two weeks after I found out I was pregnant.

I am pretty type A, so, I think it helped that I gave up pretty quickly. I went through many tests in March, April and May. Over analyzed every uterine twinge and soreness in my boobs. Then I gave up. Figured it just wasn't meant to be. Which I think relaxed me. I didn't even have any discernible EWCM the cycle I conceived. I am a big believer in the stress factor as inhibitor.
I just gave up too....these last few tries esp. late May with perfect timing...flat nothing and I was VERY stressed about it working...I'm also Type A, I need to be in control...and since it didn't happen fast, I now don't think it will happen at all. My almost 4 year old just started Pre-K, we all caught this horrible illness from the school that lasted 6 weeks, after being sick and tired for so long I no longer have the energy to be stressed about this. Thinking about home school now..I don't want him in school if he's going to end up constantly sick (and us). Some kind of post viral fatigue from this has me too tired to care about anything...so tired I can't even exercise. But I will continue to do the acupuncture and take the stuff, just too tired to care...my new line of thinking is oh well you can always do donor egg. Did you test your FSH? Astrologers say July, Sep, Nov-Dec...could happen...I'll just go through the motions and see.... Thanks for sharing...very happy for you

honeybunmom's Avatar honeybunmom 12:43 PM 07-10-2014
This morning I had a viability ultrasound and am happy to report that it looks like we caught a golden egg!! Everything looked good: gestational sac, yolk sac, etc. were as they should be and we were even able to see the little bean pulsing and hear a strong heartbeat going at 156 bpm! And the bean was measuring exactly in accordance with my dates.

This appointment gave me much needed relief. I know nothing is promised, but at least now I can focus on what is and really connect with this pregnancy. And, fortunately, my partner surprised me and came to the appt (I only had my consultation on Tues and scheduled the u/s without checking with his schedule so I could have some peace of mind as soon as possible) and I think it enabled him to connect more, too.

Yeah!!
nexxus's Avatar nexxus 03:26 PM 07-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
This morning I had a viability ultrasound and am happy to report that it looks like we caught a golden egg!! Everything looked good: gestational sac, yolk sac, etc. were as they should be and we were even able to see the little bean pulsing and hear a strong heartbeat going at 156 bpm! And the bean was measuring exactly in accordance with my dates.

This appointment gave me much needed relief. I know nothing is promised, but at least now I can focus on what is and really connect with this pregnancy. And, fortunately, my partner surprised me and came to the appt (I only had my consultation on Tues and scheduled the u/s without checking with his schedule so I could have some peace of mind as soon as possible) and I think it enabled him to connect more, too.

Yeah!!
Great news...YAY!
zbugmama's Avatar zbugmama 06:27 PM 07-10-2014
YAY, honeybunmom!!!

Hi, ladies,

I joined this thread last year when we got serious about TTC, then had to take a break from thinking so hard about baby #2 when it looked like it wasn't going to happen. Of course, that's when it happened! Having a dating ultrasound next week so I'll really know what's going on, but very excited to be on this journey once again! And so happy to see other mamas on the list got their long-awaited BFP's!
orangemomma's Avatar orangemomma 04:57 AM 07-11-2014
Congrats zbugmama!

Nexxus - feel better soon! 6 weeks is a long time to be sick.

I just had a 28 day cycle after months and months with my cycles being 25-26 days. I am kinda excited by this - maybe it's the B vitamins, and extra folic acid and vitamin D I am taking that is helping me out.

I have been ovulating at CD12-13 which I had read could have something to do with declining egg reserve or egg health? That the later in your cycle you ovulate the better. Someone here on this thread wrote about this, I just don't have the time to go back and find the post.

Being curious, I went back over my old charts. The cycle that I conceived my daughter (at age 41) I ovulated on CD13! She's 3 now. Of course there were other months back then that I ovulated later in my cycle (day 14, day 16 for example)

Now if I could just help my partner to figure out what's up with his ED (meds don't work) - I think that our chances could improve if we could just get more "swimmers" into play each month.
Laurucha's Avatar Laurucha 06:40 PM 07-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemomma View Post
Congrats zbugmama!

I just had a 28 day cycle after months and months with my cycles being 25-26 days. I am kinda excited by this - maybe it's the B vitamins, and extra folic acid and vitamin D I am taking that is helping me out.

I have been ovulating at CD12-13 which I had read could have something to do with declining egg reserve or egg health? That the later in your cycle you ovulate the better. Someone here on this thread wrote about this, I just don't have the time to go back and find the post.

Being curious, I went back over my old charts. The cycle that I conceived my daughter (at age 41) I ovulated on CD13! She's 3 now. Of course there were other months back then that I ovulated later in my cycle (day 14, day 16 for example)

Now if I could just help my partner to figure out what's up with his ED (meds don't work) - I think that our chances could improve if we could just get more "swimmers" into play each month.
Are you still breastfeeding? I had a baby two years ago, and my cycles have averaged 26 days since they resumed a year ago. They used to be around 29 days. I assumed this had something to do with hormonal changes due to pregnancy or breastfeeding, since I don't suspect perimenopause. (I am 40 and my mom didn't reach menopause early.) I did some googling and found that breastfeeding is known to shorten your luteal phase, so I am assuming that's what's going on in my case. I guess it doesn't hurt fertility to have a shortened luteal phase as long as it's not too short (under 10 days). I haven't been charting and just started using a fertility monitor, so I don't know when in my cycle I'm ovulating.

This is the first cycle we've tried to conceive since the baby was born. Our baby was conceived with IVF, so it would be amazing if I got pregnant naturally! I decided not to take a pregnancy test this time unless my period was actually late, because I think I drove myself crazy with all the testing I did last time we tried to conceive. My period is due any day now, and I'm having trouble keeping my mind off it! You can go crazy playing the "pregnancy or PMS" game!
chilee's Avatar chilee 08:28 PM 07-12-2014
I am still breastfeeding. I got pregnant when 1 and 2 were each 18 mos...tandemed. Just feeding one now and he will be three in a few months. But alas did not get the same spacing for a fourth
orangemomma's Avatar orangemomma 06:18 AM 07-14-2014
I am still breastfeeding as well. My DD is 3 but she still really wants that milk. I work outside of the home a lot and I just can't say no when I see that little face! I am 45, trying for #3 .
honeybunmom's Avatar honeybunmom 10:06 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Congrats zbugmama!

My cycles have always been short. 24-26 days is the norm for me. 27-28 day cycles are the rarity. Dd was conceived on a 26 day cycle and ds and this one on 24 day cycles. I can't imagine them getting much shorter as my egg reserves continue to decline!!
caritasrainbow's Avatar caritasrainbow 03:49 PM 07-15-2014
I will be 43 August 4th.
Anyway, I was right, I had it confirmed today, baby girl has turned and is in the perfect birthing position. My other worries, which related to age and parity, have vanished. I feel like I've done everything in my power to fix whatever issues those things may have caused (excessive bleeding postpartum, uterine atony, etc).
Also, while I am still anemic, I am just barely, so I'm comfortable with that.
So I am now looking forward to my 5th unassisted birth in less than a month!!!
zbugmama's Avatar zbugmama 01:37 PM 07-16-2014
Well, just shy of 11 weeks, this little one has decided now is not the time.

I will be taking another break from the list but wish healthy and positive (in all ways) months ahead to you mamas.
caritasrainbow's Avatar caritasrainbow 02:11 PM 07-16-2014
Zbugmama- hugs and healing. So sorry mama.
honeybunmom's Avatar honeybunmom 08:33 PM 07-16-2014
zebugmama, I am so sorry for your loss! I am sending white light your way and praying for peace in your heart.
chilee's Avatar chilee 10:30 AM 07-17-2014
Quote:
I am still breastfeeding as well. My DD is 3 but she still really wants that milk. I work outside of the home a lot and I just can't say no when I see that little face! I am 45, trying for #3 .
mine will be 3 in the fall and starting to realize might not be a fourth
chilee's Avatar chilee 10:32 AM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by caritasrainbow View Post
I will be 43 August 4th.
Anyway, I was right, I had it confirmed today, baby girl has turned and is in the perfect birthing position. My other worries, which related to age and parity, have vanished. I feel like I've done everything in my power to fix whatever issues those things may have caused (excessive bleeding postpartum, uterine atony, etc).
so happy to see this!!!!
chilee's Avatar chilee 10:33 AM 07-17-2014
zbugmama so sorry

please come talk when you want...a lot of losses here and a lot of heart and emcouragement
LitMama's Avatar LitMama 12:45 PM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbugmama View Post
Well, just shy of 11 weeks, this little one has decided now is not the time.

I will be taking another break from the list but wish healthy and positive (in all ways) months ahead to you mamas.
Zbugmama, I am so, so sorry. As Chilee said, a lot of us have been down this road and are here for you. Take good care, sending love and light your way.
LitMama's Avatar LitMama 12:47 PM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by caritasrainbow View Post
I will be 43 August 4th.
Great news, Carita! Yay! So glad baby girl is cooperating and you will get to have the birth you wanted.
LitMama's Avatar LitMama 12:52 PM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilee View Post
mine will be 3 in the fall and starting to realize might not be a fourth
I BF my DD until she was 3 but wasn't TTC at the time. Wish I had tried, even though my marriage was breaking up, at least I could maybe have had another LO (although BF may have been totally suppressing ovulation in my case... I didn't get PP AF until DD was at least 2... by the time my cycle returned, I was single with no potential father for a second LO). 46 now and probably looking at not being able to have another and getting okay with that. Grateful for my one.
orangemomma's Avatar orangemomma 05:34 AM 08-07-2014
This thread is super quiet. How is everyone doing? Rain - did you have that baby yet? Hoping all is well for you honeybunmom - are things going well for you with the pregnancy?

My last cycle was only 25 days long and this menses is very light (CD3) - progesterone issue perhaps? I don't know - feeling discouraged but not completely defeated.

Hugs to all
caritasrainbow's Avatar caritasrainbow 06:53 AM 08-07-2014
Not quite due yet. ;^)
CarolynnMarilynn's Avatar CarolynnMarilynn 06:54 AM 08-07-2014
Good morning!

I am so pleased to find this thread and come back to the Mothering community again.

Let me start with a little intro and about my journey: I am 42, and with a new partner. I have 3 kids (16, 14, 7) and he has twin girls (8). We have been blessed with great kids, and would like to have one together.

I have been diagnosed with DOR. Mr has lowish sperm count, but doesn't look critical. We recently started investigations prior to IVF. I feel like I am running out of time and perhaps IVF is our best option. We have gone to two other clinics on this journey, but it's about fit. It's a heck of a lot of money (all OOP) and we want to have our best chances. So we have started with Create in downtown Toronto, and got all our bloodworm and my US done. Next is full sperm analysis and a HSG. Then we meet again at the end of the month and see what is what.

I've had a couple of AMH tests which showed a really low level. However, the RE said my ovaries looked good in his opinion, with one obviously ovulated egg, and 5 more antral follicles. Not great for someone younger, but at 42 he thought it wasn't too bad. We haven't ruled out donor eggs, and we haven't ruled out going abroad to the Czech Republic for treatment. We really are in the planning and information stage. We don't have enough resources for more than about 2-3 cycles here.

Ultimately if we can't get pregnant I won't be totally devastated, but having another baby has been on my mind for the last 4-5 years, and even with my ex-DH. My reasons for wanting another baby are a little different this time: I'd love to see my partner's features in our little one, I'd love to carry a baby we made out of love together, and I'd love to see our little love baby in our arms. I adore my partner and want to have a baby with him. And I'd love to have a lovely big family!

A little about me: I am a midwife in Ontario and have practiced for more than 11 years. I live in the country just outside of Toronto and feel like I am finally home. I also work in comic book publishing as of more recently, and am editing several projects. I have a special interest in bringing many more comics to girls, with characters they want to read about, with characteristics that make my feminist heart happy to portray. We are part of a really big project right now, but contracts haven't been signed so it's still under wraps. :-)

I like to knit and crochet, sew and do crafts. It seems that I craft a lot more in winter! I can't wait to have a baby to knit and dye for!

The hardest part of this journey is waiting, and not knowing if all these emotional resources and hoping will result in my dream coming true.

I look forward to meeting you all, on this journey too!
caritasrainbow's Avatar caritasrainbow 07:15 AM 08-07-2014
Welcome! I'm rain. I had my first 5 babies at 21 (first husband), 28, 31, 35 & 39. I had my first mmc at 41 last year 5/13, second and third losses at 42- 9/13 & 11/13. The first two were around 11 weeks, the third was a chemical. I got pregnant again 11/13 (two weeks after my last loss) and now, at 43 (birthday was Monday) I am finally nearing the end of my journey as I am just past 39 weeks now. So my babies will range from 21-0.
I am huge and sick of being pregnant as I've been pregnant now for some part of every month for the last 18 with the exception of June '13. I'm also nervous about all the crap I've read about women our age going past 39 weeks, so I'm truly hoping lo comes now. I'm a UC birther, so there will be no dr induction and I must just continue to trust my body. (Gets harder to do!). ;^)
Good luck on your journey, I wish you well!
CarolynnMarilynn's Avatar CarolynnMarilynn 07:21 AM 08-07-2014
Hi rain! Nice to meet you. Thanks for the welcome! Wow you must be so excited to meet your little one. I can't wait to be in your sandals (it's summer, right?) one day! LOL

And Happy Birthday! Hope you got a nice foot massage, or a nap as a present, or something good!
honeybunmom's Avatar honeybunmom 02:35 PM 08-07-2014
orangemomma, all is well here. Thank you for asking! The morning sickness is finally starting to diminish and last night I was able to do housework after 9 pm! I will be 11 weeks on Saturday. I bought a fetal doppler online a few weeks ago to preserve my sanity and occasionally listen to the baby's heart beat. I still haven't told my kids and my 5 year old found the doppler one night, so, we listened to their heartbeats! Tomorrow morning I go in for the MaterniT 21 blood draw.

Also, my partner has really stepped up in the sensitivity department. He surprised me and showed up at the 6 wk ultrasound after telling me he could not get away from the office. I am glad we were able to see the bean for the first time together. And he's been all around greatly improved in the thoughtless comments department. He wrote a beautiful card for me the other day and we have made 2 family trips (for my family) in the past few weeks requiring us to travel. This past Sunday we dropped my kids off 10 hours away at my mom's for their annual summer trip there and he took them and my niece and nephew who also came to the pool for several hours so my mom and I could spend some time together. The kids are 7, 8 and two 5 year olds. I don't want to be alone with the 4 of them for several hours!!

caritas rainbow glad to hear you are still hanging in there! I have been checking this thread periodically to see if there have been any updates from you as I mistakenly thought you were due. Continuing to hold good thoughts for you.

CarolynnMarilynn, welcome! It sounds like you have some really interesting things going on in your life!! I wish you all the best in conceiving your baby. I understand the desire as I, too, had wanted another child when I was still with my ex. I had a m/c with him at 41. I never expected to be out of my marriage and in love with someone new at this point in my life. I had assumed he did not want any more children since his one and only graduated from high school this past spring. But, no, he does with me and we started trying and here we are. I am 44 and will turn 45 4.5 weeks after baby is due. He is 48 and will turn 49 two weeks after baby is due.
CarolynnMarilynn's Avatar CarolynnMarilynn 07:14 PM 08-09-2014
Hi honeybunmom!

Congrats on your lovely addition to your family. Sounds like we have a lot in common!
caritasrainbow's Avatar caritasrainbow 08:03 PM 08-09-2014
Hunybunmom- so glad to hear everything is going well! Yay!
For some reason I stopped getting replies to this thread for a bit and missed your first two posts. I think I'm all caught up now.
Afm- my edd (naegle) is this coming Wednesday...
LitMama's Avatar LitMama 04:37 PM 08-14-2014
Hi everyone! I'm really out of the loop here (not really TTCing anymore), but keep checking back to see if Rain has had her baby yet. Any news??
WaturMama's Avatar WaturMama 12:18 AM 08-15-2014
HI!!! I haven't been here for a long, long time, but just felt the need to post something elsewhere, and thought I'd stop by here...and right there is my one of my 40+ TTC buddies LitMama!! Hi LitMama and everyone, I hope you are very well and that all your dreams come true.
LitMama's Avatar LitMama 03:20 PM 08-15-2014
WaturMama!!!!

What a lovely, lovely surprise to see you here! I just popped in quickly to see if any babies had been born and you could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw your name! Wonderful to see you. I'll send you a PM.
Tags: Trying To Conceive
First ... 14  22  23  24 25  26 

Up