Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 26 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 31Likes

#751 of 755 Old 10-21-2014, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Welcome to the newbies! I'm a recent graduate, having just given birth in August at age 43.
Congrats huny!
Nexxus, I am so sorry for your loss. The first one of the three losses I went through last year had a normal growth and normal heart rate. It was a missed miscarraige, but had to have stopped growing a day or so after that ultrasound, although it wasn't discovered for about a month.
Hugs.

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & dd 8/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#752 of 755 Old 10-21-2014, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
congrats honeybunn!

I unfortunately just had a violent cramping miscarriage 6 hours after seeing a healthy heartbeat, size was just right too, on ultrasound. I was 7 weeks 3 days (126 bpm). She said yolk sac looked great, implanted high, not on cervix and she even saw a cyst that was producing hormones for the pregnancy. I don't get it...any others here have miscarriage of a living healthy embryo? It was just very strange, my uterus just went into labor as I was sitting down. Now one thing wasn't right. I did have a slight brown discharge for the last 9 days which she said was old blood. But I said to her a constant flow of brown means a bleed some where. So she looked on ultrasound a did not see any place where there was an active bleed. The cramps hurt a lot and I remember thinking there's no way the pregnancy will survive these powerful cramps. Well 1 hour after the labor like cramps I see blood and it all came out. My uterus then fills up with blood 4 times (I think because the cramps just sheared the placenta right off the uterine wall), giant uterus size clots. Now I can't be totally sure it was healthy so I asked hospital to test for abnormalities, but I thought abnormal embryos had slow heartbeat and measured small. Has this happened to any one else? miscarriage out of the blue, even though everything looks good? Looks like we're back to try again. Sucks.

oh i found out something called "Welome Womb" that's supposed to stop a cramping threatened miscarriage. gonna have to get it.
nexxus, I am so sorry to read of your miscarriage! Praying for healing for your womb and heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraplayas View Post
I'd like to jump in!
I have three LO's. BF several times a day/night which is why the delay in AF.

Finally, after 27+months PP, I had my first PPAF!

I'm 40 this year so this is my first time TTC in my 40's.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing everyone's stories.

sraplayas
Welcome sraplayas! Sending you baby dust!

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#753 of 755 Old 10-21-2014, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caritasrainbow View Post
Welcome to the newbies! I'm a recent graduate, having just given birth in August at age 43.
Congrats huny!
Nexxus, I am so sorry for your loss. The first one of the three losses I went through last year had a normal growth and normal heart rate. It was a missed miscarraige, but had to have stopped growing a day or so after that ultrasound, although it wasn't discovered for about a month.
Hugs.
Congrats on your baby Rain

Thanks for that info. I'm new to this miscarriage thing. I'm still perplexed though because I thought the embryo is supposed to die before miscarriage. You said yours was healthy and had died right after ultrasound but miscarried a month later. Well I had ultrasound at noon....all looked good. Sudden miscarriage at 8 pm after 1 hour of painful cramps, no signs before then. I'm a little worried ultrasound had something to do with it. So either embryo died in those 8 hours or I miscarried a living embryo? Isn't embryo supposed to be dead first? But it's encouraging that you went on to get a baby after 3 losses. Maybe the time just wasn't right.

Thanks honeybunn...i'm so glad you made it past the first trimester

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln

Last edited by nexxus; 10-21-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: more
#754 of 755 Old 10-22-2014, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Congrats on your baby Rain

Thanks for that info. I'm new to this miscarriage thing. I'm still perplexed though because I thought the embryo is supposed to die before miscarriage. You said yours was healthy and had died right after ultrasound but miscarried a month later. Well I had ultrasound at noon....all looked good. Sudden miscarriage at 8 pm after 1 hour of painful cramps, no signs before then. I'm a little worried ultrasound had something to do with it. So either embryo died in those 8 hours or I miscarried a living embryo? Isn't embryo supposed to be dead first? But it's encouraging that you went on to get a baby after 3 losses. Maybe the time just wasn't right.

Thanks honeybunn...i'm so glad you made it past the first trimester
Maternal age has to be added to the spontaneous miscarriage risk even after a good ultrasound reading (it said 20% chance of miscarriage after a good ultrasound reading). I found this:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/uog.909/full

It has long been recognized that advanced maternal age is a risk factor for early pregnancy loss. The biological explanation includes the fact that meiotic non-disjunction during oogenesis is more frequent in older mothers and their offspring are at increased risk of trisomies 13, 16, 18 and 2112, 13. The incidence of chromosomal abnormalities in spontaneous abortuses during the first trimester has been reported to be as high as 61.5%14. In the current multivariate analysis, increasing maternal age demonstrated a trend towards an increased risk of subsequent miscarriage as expected (OR, 1.14; 95% CI, 1.03–1.27).

Maybe a baby with trisomy or monosomy appears normal in the early weeks, up to week 12? I would think PPQ would help for this and DHEA. So what raises DHEA naturally? Intense exercise. Gonna try it. I was just reading about ladies having babies in their late 40's after doing P90x and intense running. I was not very confident with this last pregnancy because I was sick for 2 weeks exactly 90 days ago, right when the egg was being created.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln

Last edited by nexxus; 10-22-2014 at 08:36 AM.
#755 of 755 Old 10-22-2014, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Maternal age has to be added to the spontaneous miscarriage risk even after a good ultrasound reading (it said 20% chance of miscarriage after a good ultrasound reading). I found this:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/uog.909/full

It has long been recognized that advanced maternal age is a risk factor for early pregnancy loss. The biological explanation includes the fact that meiotic non-disjunction during oogenesis is more frequent in older mothers and their offspring are at increased risk of trisomies 13, 16, 18 and 2112, 13. The incidence of chromosomal abnormalities in spontaneous abortuses during the first trimester has been reported to be as high as 61.5%14. In the current multivariate analysis, increasing maternal age demonstrated a trend towards an increased risk of subsequent miscarriage as expected (OR, 1.14; 95% CI, 1.03–1.27).

Maybe a baby with trisomy or monosomy appears normal in the early weeks, up to week 12? I would think PPQ would help for this and DHEA. So what raises DHEA naturally? Intense exercise. Gonna try it. I was just reading about ladies having babies in their late 40's after doing P90x and intense running. I was not very confident with this last pregnancy because I was sick for 2 weeks exactly 90 days ago, right when the egg was being created.
Interesting. I completed a 10,000 swing kettle bell challenge in December and continued with my kettle bell workouts through conception in early June. Maybe that was a contributing factor for my conception.

Previously, I have had 2 miscarriages. One btwn each live birth. The first was at 38, and was a missed miscarriage. I didn't have a dating u/s with that pregnancy. However, I experienced a single cramp that made me feel like something was wrong so my mw sent me for an u/s. This was around 10 weeks and I learned the baby had died. I ended up having to have am acupuncture treatment to get the expulsion going. I have a retro erred uterus which may have contributed to its failure to expel on its own.

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page