Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 26 - Mothering Forums
Welcome, suzywan. You last visited: Yesterday at 07:13 PM Your Notifications: 6

Forum Jump: 
 32Likes
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
#751 of 768 Old 10-21-2014, 09:47 PM
caritasrainbow
 
caritasrainbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Welcome to the newbies! I'm a recent graduate, having just given birth in August at age 43.
Congrats huny!
Nexxus, I am so sorry for your loss. The first one of the three losses I went through last year had a normal growth and normal heart rate. It was a missed miscarraige, but had to have stopped growing a day or so after that ultrasound, although it wasn't discovered for about a month.
Hugs.

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & dd 8/14
caritasrainbow is offline Report Post  
#752 of 768 Old 10-21-2014, 11:09 PM
honeybunmom
 
honeybunmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,750
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
congrats honeybunn!

I unfortunately just had a violent cramping miscarriage 6 hours after seeing a healthy heartbeat, size was just right too, on ultrasound. I was 7 weeks 3 days (126 bpm). She said yolk sac looked great, implanted high, not on cervix and she even saw a cyst that was producing hormones for the pregnancy. I don't get it...any others here have miscarriage of a living healthy embryo? It was just very strange, my uterus just went into labor as I was sitting down. Now one thing wasn't right. I did have a slight brown discharge for the last 9 days which she said was old blood. But I said to her a constant flow of brown means a bleed some where. So she looked on ultrasound a did not see any place where there was an active bleed. The cramps hurt a lot and I remember thinking there's no way the pregnancy will survive these powerful cramps. Well 1 hour after the labor like cramps I see blood and it all came out. My uterus then fills up with blood 4 times (I think because the cramps just sheared the placenta right off the uterine wall), giant uterus size clots. Now I can't be totally sure it was healthy so I asked hospital to test for abnormalities, but I thought abnormal embryos had slow heartbeat and measured small. Has this happened to any one else? miscarriage out of the blue, even though everything looks good? Looks like we're back to try again. Sucks.

oh i found out something called "Welome Womb" that's supposed to stop a cramping threatened miscarriage. gonna have to get it.
nexxus, I am so sorry to read of your miscarriage! Praying for healing for your womb and heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraplayas View Post
I'd like to jump in!
I have three LO's. BF several times a day/night which is why the delay in AF.

Finally, after 27+months PP, I had my first PPAF!

I'm 40 this year so this is my first time TTC in my 40's.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing everyone's stories.

sraplayas
Welcome sraplayas! Sending you baby dust!

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
honeybunmom is offline Report Post  
#753 of 768 Old 10-21-2014, 11:22 PM
nexxus
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caritasrainbow View Post
Welcome to the newbies! I'm a recent graduate, having just given birth in August at age 43.
Congrats huny!
Nexxus, I am so sorry for your loss. The first one of the three losses I went through last year had a normal growth and normal heart rate. It was a missed miscarraige, but had to have stopped growing a day or so after that ultrasound, although it wasn't discovered for about a month.
Hugs.
Congrats on your baby Rain

Thanks for that info. I'm new to this miscarriage thing. I'm still perplexed though because I thought the embryo is supposed to die before miscarriage. You said yours was healthy and had died right after ultrasound but miscarried a month later. Well I had ultrasound at noon....all looked good. Sudden miscarriage at 8 pm after 1 hour of painful cramps, no signs before then. I'm a little worried ultrasound had something to do with it. So either embryo died in those 8 hours or I miscarried a living embryo? Isn't embryo supposed to be dead first? But it's encouraging that you went on to get a baby after 3 losses. Maybe the time just wasn't right.

Thanks honeybunn...i'm so glad you made it past the first trimester

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln

Last edited by nexxus; 10-22-2014 at 04:38 AM. Reason: more
nexxus is online now Report Post  
#754 of 768 Old 10-22-2014, 05:10 PM
nexxus
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Congrats on your baby Rain

Thanks for that info. I'm new to this miscarriage thing. I'm still perplexed though because I thought the embryo is supposed to die before miscarriage. You said yours was healthy and had died right after ultrasound but miscarried a month later. Well I had ultrasound at noon....all looked good. Sudden miscarriage at 8 pm after 1 hour of painful cramps, no signs before then. I'm a little worried ultrasound had something to do with it. So either embryo died in those 8 hours or I miscarried a living embryo? Isn't embryo supposed to be dead first? But it's encouraging that you went on to get a baby after 3 losses. Maybe the time just wasn't right.

Thanks honeybunn...i'm so glad you made it past the first trimester
Maternal age has to be added to the spontaneous miscarriage risk even after a good ultrasound reading (it said 20% chance of miscarriage after a good ultrasound reading). I found this:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/uog.909/full

It has long been recognized that advanced maternal age is a risk factor for early pregnancy loss. The biological explanation includes the fact that meiotic non-disjunction during oogenesis is more frequent in older mothers and their offspring are at increased risk of trisomies 13, 16, 18 and 2112, 13. The incidence of chromosomal abnormalities in spontaneous abortuses during the first trimester has been reported to be as high as 61.5%14. In the current multivariate analysis, increasing maternal age demonstrated a trend towards an increased risk of subsequent miscarriage as expected (OR, 1.14; 95% CI, 1.03–1.27).

Maybe a baby with trisomy or monosomy appears normal in the early weeks, up to week 12? I would think PPQ would help for this and DHEA. So what raises DHEA naturally? Intense exercise. Gonna try it. I was just reading about ladies having babies in their late 40's after doing P90x and intense running. I was not very confident with this last pregnancy because I was sick for 2 weeks exactly 90 days ago, right when the egg was being created.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln

Last edited by nexxus; 10-22-2014 at 05:36 PM.
nexxus is online now Report Post  
#755 of 768 Old 10-23-2014, 03:52 AM
honeybunmom
 
honeybunmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,750
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Maternal age has to be added to the spontaneous miscarriage risk even after a good ultrasound reading (it said 20% chance of miscarriage after a good ultrasound reading). I found this:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/uog.909/full

It has long been recognized that advanced maternal age is a risk factor for early pregnancy loss. The biological explanation includes the fact that meiotic non-disjunction during oogenesis is more frequent in older mothers and their offspring are at increased risk of trisomies 13, 16, 18 and 2112, 13. The incidence of chromosomal abnormalities in spontaneous abortuses during the first trimester has been reported to be as high as 61.5%14. In the current multivariate analysis, increasing maternal age demonstrated a trend towards an increased risk of subsequent miscarriage as expected (OR, 1.14; 95% CI, 1.03–1.27).

Maybe a baby with trisomy or monosomy appears normal in the early weeks, up to week 12? I would think PPQ would help for this and DHEA. So what raises DHEA naturally? Intense exercise. Gonna try it. I was just reading about ladies having babies in their late 40's after doing P90x and intense running. I was not very confident with this last pregnancy because I was sick for 2 weeks exactly 90 days ago, right when the egg was being created.
Interesting. I completed a 10,000 swing kettle bell challenge in December and continued with my kettle bell workouts through conception in early June. Maybe that was a contributing factor for my conception.

Previously, I have had 2 miscarriages. One btwn each live birth. The first was at 38, and was a missed miscarriage. I didn't have a dating u/s with that pregnancy. However, I experienced a single cramp that made me feel like something was wrong so my mw sent me for an u/s. This was around 10 weeks and I learned the baby had died. I ended up having to have am acupuncture treatment to get the expulsion going. I have a retro erred uterus which may have contributed to its failure to expel on its own.

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
honeybunmom is offline Report Post  
#756 of 768 Old 10-25-2014, 06:46 PM
Staylucid
 
Staylucid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nexxus, I am so sorry My heart really hurts for you. Sending you love and light through this difficult time.

At each one of my consultations with the various fertility clinics they made it clear that there is a less than 10% chance of me getting pregnant and if I do in fact get pregnant that there is a 60% miscarriage rate. The statistics are abysmal! Right now I would like to try until March when I turn 45 and then reassess.

I signed on with New Hope in NYC due to there mini ivf procedures coupled with the ability to remote monitor in NJ at RMA. I am on Provera progesterone, Apri birth control and clomid. The only change after my first blood work/ultrasound last Thursday was they cut my clomid to a 1/4 tablet. I went back this morning and await further instructions. They saw two follicles on my left ovary so fingers crossed they are viable.

Anybody on here undergo mini IVF? Also, being a newbie to this forum, is there a cheat sheet for the various acronyms I have seen being thrown around. Some I can figure out but others ??? Lol

Hope the sun is shining everywhere you guys are. The last week in the New York metropolitan area it has been dark and rainy.
Staylucid is offline Report Post  
#757 of 768 Old 10-29-2014, 12:07 AM
orangemomma
 
orangemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: East Coast United States
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
oh Nexxus, I am so so sorry......... Wishing you healing.

 Breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling momma to two. 420/2014 items in decluttering challenge (643 items gone last year 2013, 625 gone in 2012) Ramsey's BS1 $86.88
orangemomma is online now Report Post  
#758 of 768 Old 10-30-2014, 02:15 AM
nexxus
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemomma View Post
oh Nexxus, I am so so sorry......... Wishing you healing.
thanks for that info about the kettle ball workouts homeybunn! i've been so weak from the blood loss but when i get strong again i'm going to start jogging & working out again. Thanks staylucid and orangemamma...i'm still very determined and really not set back by this, even though it was scary to see that much blood come out. my god i had no idea that was possible. 60% miscarriage rate doesn't seem like a big deal to me. That means almost half of the conceptions will not miscarry. I'm going to start 400-600 Ubiquinol and PPQ, can't hurt I figure...all the eggs need is good oogenesis in that 90 day emergence. Plus we just got his sperm count up to above 40 million. Maybe the DHEA too. Good luck to everyone Susan Sarandon had last baby at almost age 46 (before supplements and IVF).

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is online now Report Post  
#759 of 768 Old 11-02-2014, 10:47 PM
nexxus
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Testing came back from miscarriage. They ran a fell spectrum genetic tests looking for even minor genetic issues and there was none so the embryo was healthy, female. All results on blood test looked good too, just high B12. Has any one had this happen to them? I thought maybe a clotting issue, but no family history and I all ready have a healthy baby plus I was eating raw garlic, a blood thinner. I wish it made sense. I could swear my uterus just decided to start going into contractions out of no where and pushed out a living (according to tests) viable pregnancy.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is online now Report Post  
#760 of 768 Old 11-11-2014, 03:58 PM
nexxus
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Testing came back from miscarriage. They ran a fell spectrum genetic tests looking for even minor genetic issues and there was none so the embryo was healthy, female. All results on blood test looked good too, just high B12. Has any one had this happen to them? I thought maybe a clotting issue, but no family history and I all ready have a healthy baby plus I was eating raw garlic, a blood thinner. I wish it made sense. I could swear my uterus just decided to start going into contractions out of no where and pushed out a living (according to tests) viable pregnancy.
If this info helps any one I just found a little known reason you can have a miscarriage with a chromosomally normal baby:

Abnormal Physical Development: Even if the chromosomes are normal, a fetus may not develop normally. Many things have to occur for normal development to occur. A message has to be created. The message has to be sent and received. Finally, the message has to be acted on. A mistake at any point can lead to abnormal development. We usually do not know if the fetus developed abnormally, because the fetus is too tiny. We do know that this stage of development is beyond our control in the vast majority of cases. There is rarely anything a person does that causes abnormal development and there is nothing a person can do to prevent abnormal development.

This was hard to find! http://www.ferrellduncan.com/fdc_body.cfm?id=5096

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is online now Report Post  
#761 of 768 Old 11-11-2014, 07:24 PM
bluemommy
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello I have been lurking for quite some time now. I am 45 soon to be 46 years old in December. I am not really sure how I feel anymore about wanting a baby. Maybe that is why I have been lurking for so long. When I was married to my first husband we tried for over twenty years to get pregnant. I did become pregnant once after IUI in January 2011, but it was a tubal. My RE advised that we do another cycle, because the odds were very good that we may conceive again. But DH did not want to try anymore. We divorced in 2013. He remarried and now his new wife is pregnant. So that mad me feel some kind of way.

I also recently remarried and my new husband who is five years younger than me already has 5 children and a granddaughter, so he has the attitude, if we have one great and if not great too. He is not willing to have any medical intervention. So that is where I am, not really sure if I even should try. I have PCOS and type II diabetes. Both are not fertility friendly. So I am a little discourage because the yearning for your own child just never seems to go away, no matter how hard I try to suppress it.

I still have regular periods every month. And I ovulate every month. I do not chart or anything. I know I ovulate because I get ovulation pain the same time every month. I guess in the back of my mind I am still hoping that it can still happen. I am just really torn.

What keeps a little hope for me is a friend of mine got pregnant naturally at the age of 49. She gave birth to a health baby boy, She put the baby up for adoption, because it was a surprise baby and she already had an 11 year old and a 25 year old and she was just not in a financial position to care for the newborn. Now she is 52 years old and 28 weeks pregnant with twins. Naturally again, and she wasn't even trying. She is going to keep the twins.
Unfortunately most of us are not fertile past 40.
bluemommy is online now Report Post  
#762 of 768 Old 11-12-2014, 04:24 AM
nexxus
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemommy View Post
Hello I have been lurking for quite some time now. I am 45 soon to be 46 years old in December. I am not really sure how I feel anymore about wanting a baby. Maybe that is why I have been lurking for so long. When I was married to my first husband we tried for over twenty years to get pregnant. I did become pregnant once after IUI in January 2011, but it was a tubal. My RE advised that we do another cycle, because the odds were very good that we may conceive again. But DH did not want to try anymore. We divorced in 2013. He remarried and now his new wife is pregnant. So that mad me feel some kind of way.

I also recently remarried and my new husband who is five years younger than me already has 5 children and a granddaughter, so he has the attitude, if we have one great and if not great too. He is not willing to have any medical intervention. So that is where I am, not really sure if I even should try. I have PCOS and type II diabetes. Both are not fertility friendly. So I am a little discourage because the yearning for your own child just never seems to go away, no matter how hard I try to suppress it.

I still have regular periods every month. And I ovulate every month. I do not chart or anything. I know I ovulate because I get ovulation pain the same time every month. I guess in the back of my mind I am still hoping that it can still happen. I am just really torn.

What keeps a little hope for me is a friend of mine got pregnant naturally at the age of 49. She gave birth to a health baby boy, She put the baby up for adoption, because it was a surprise baby and she already had an 11 year old and a 25 year old and she was just not in a financial position to care for the newborn. Now she is 52 years old and 28 weeks pregnant with twins. Naturally again, and she wasn't even trying. She is going to keep the twins.
Unfortunately most of us are not fertile past 40.
Hi bluemommy just wanted to mention that with PCOS you should have tons of eggs, you just need help getting them to mature so you may need medical help with fertility drugs. I think they use metformin and myoinositol. It's strange that you had only a tubal. There's some one else here who had the same thing happen and she believes it is because her immune system is attacking the embryo in the uterus but not in the tube (few antibodies in the tube). Well your RE probably told you that but just in case. From what I know one treatment for immune issues is enzymes called Wobezyme.

That's amazing about your friend. What is her ethnic background? I hope mine is the same! Best of luck to you.

I just started PQQ and Ubiquinol to give my 44 year old eggs a boost and jogging 1 mile a day. Also starting Chinese herbs for hormones and continuing acupuncture.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is online now Report Post  
#763 of 768 Old 11-12-2014, 04:02 PM
bluemommy
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Nexxus, Yes I have been taking 1500 mg of Metformin for over 4 years now. There was one point that I was using infertility injections while I was doing the IUI. Now If I were to fall pregnant, it has to be all natural because my husband does not want medical intervention.

I was wondering about changing our lifestyle to Vegan. How difficult was it? I believe it may be beneficial in so many ways.
bluemommy is online now Report Post  
#764 of 768 Old 11-12-2014, 06:11 PM
nexxus
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemommy View Post
Nexxus, Yes I have been taking 1500 mg of Metformin for over 4 years now. There was one point that I was using infertility injections while I was doing the IUI. Now If I were to fall pregnant, it has to be all natural because my husband does not want medical intervention.

I was wondering about changing our lifestyle to Vegan. How difficult was it? I believe it may be beneficial in so many ways.
Bluemommy, I am so sorry that you have been going through trying to conceive (ttc) for so long. I totally understand your longing. Maybe you can continue with the meds for your PCOS. I would imagine if your insurance pays for it your husband would have no objections. Because from what I have studied, PCOS ladies really need fertility meds to get a baby (or you could do big diet change and exercise). Another possibility is donor eggs, it's sad, but for those who are impatient and want the baby ASAP, that's another way to do it. Your AFC must be great. Is your FSH and AMH good too?

The vegan diet is awesome. The transition was easy for me because I was always into healthy food and I always cared about animals. I was veg for 20 years and now vegan for 15 years. Your body is intelligent and it WILL start to crave healthy foods once you give it a taste for them. So you won't need much willpower once the ball gets rolling. It becomes effortless. We eat mostly raw fruits and veggies, tofu. Green smoothie for breakfast, I eat oranges, a head of romaine, and kale each day so my folate level is really high (came in at 20 on my pregnancy blood test in Oct!) You feel really good when your vitamin C levels are always high too (not from pills, but from food). It will help with fertility since we're eating food the way it was meant to be eaten, unprocessed and uncooked. We don't eat breads or pastas because they are processed. Beans are okay. Everything organic. I do it for the animals, but the health benefits come with it. Since you have PCOS, insulin levels are critical and raw vegan food causes no insulin spikes whatsover. Just stay away from dried fruits and you're good. This person has PCOS and got her baby with her vegan diet: http://kindofahippiemommy.blogspot.c...fertility.html
http://natural-fertility-prescriptio...nt-vegan-diet/
http://happyherbivore.com/2013/05/he...th-vegan-pcos/

One thing that has helped me a lot is using astrology to see if and when for a baby. For some, you won't see any indicator of a baby in the future and for some you will and you will see when it looks really strong. So if you are starting to think you don't want a baby any more it could give you some peace if indeed it shows no likelihood for a baby at this time in your life or it could show it in the future! I used it for my 1st and clearly showed a baby being born for both myself and husband when I was 40. Of course I was dumb then and had no idea that female fertility is poor over 35 (or so they say). So I expected to get a baby easily and I did on the 2nd try at age 39. No meds, no vitamins, nothing. One thing that helps me stay sane is realizing there is a right time for everything and we have to wait for it. I know ladies who have had 10 years of miscarriages to finally get a baby naturally and by surprise when they were over 40. I see another strong baby indicator through astrology when I am 46. How insane is that? Why the gap? I have no idea. Hally Barry was asking the same thing. She doesn't know "why god made her wait so long".

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is online now Report Post  
#765 of 768 Old 11-12-2014, 08:03 PM
bluemommy
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Nexxus, my latest FSH was 11.4. My RE said that was excellent for my age. I can't remember the number for my AMH test but I think it was a 5 or 6, I just remember my doctor telling me that I had eggs of a 32 year old. Sounds good, but still never resulted in pregnancy! I have some weight issues that may also hinder my fertility. Although I did lose 55lbs and still losing. So I hope with the weight loss that it may increase my chances.

Thanks for the information about Vegan. I have been doing some research for quite sometime now. I think we are going to start at the beginning of the year. I am so inspired that you were able to you stick the lifestyle of a vegan.

I hope and pray that you get you baby before the age of 46. Baby wishes to all of us!
bluemommy is online now Report Post  
#766 of 768 Old 11-13-2014, 08:05 PM
nexxus
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemommy View Post
Nexxus, my latest FSH was 11.4. My RE said that was excellent for my age. I can't remember the number for my AMH test but I think it was a 5 or 6, I just remember my doctor telling me that I had eggs of a 32 year old. Sounds good, but still never resulted in pregnancy! I have some weight issues that may also hinder my fertility. Although I did lose 55lbs and still losing. So I hope with the weight loss that it may increase my chances.

Thanks for the information about Vegan. I have been doing some research for quite sometime now. I think we are going to start at the beginning of the year. I am so inspired that you were able to you stick the lifestyle of a vegan.

I hope and pray that you get you baby before the age of 46. Baby wishes to all of us!
Wow your numbers look good bluemommy and you can get your FSH even lower with diet and acupuncture. You probably have till age 50 or more with those eggs! Yes your weight will cause insulin issues for the developing egg, but looks like you're on the road to fixing that with weight loss. Myo_Inositol is supposed to work great for PCOS insulin issues.

You'll love eating veg, so many people are switching to it. Eventually when you focus on whole raw foods, nothing processed, you'll get the most benefits. It's a gradual process. Most people start with veggie burgers, veggie lasagna and such, and they end up over the years as raw food vegans.

Thank you and I hope you finally get your baby, you sure waited long enough

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is online now Report Post  
#767 of 768 Unread Today, 07:37 PM
sraplayas
 
sraplayas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: land of tomorrow
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good Morning~
Just wanted to update that I'm onto the 2WW, I think. This is the first, as I had my first PPAF 1 month ago. So far, so good!
Have a great week.

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

sraplayas is offline Report Post  
#768 of 768 Unread Today, 09:11 PM
contactmaya
 
contactmaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemommy View Post
Hello I have been lurking for quite some time now. I am 45 soon to be 46 years old in December. I am not really sure how I feel anymore about wanting a baby. Maybe that is why I have been lurking for so long. When I was married to my first husband we tried for over twenty years to get pregnant. I did become pregnant once after IUI in January 2011, but it was a tubal. My RE advised that we do another cycle, because the odds were very good that we may conceive again. But DH did not want to try anymore. We divorced in 2013. He remarried and now his new wife is pregnant. So that mad me feel some kind of way.

I also recently remarried and my new husband who is five years younger than me already has 5 children and a granddaughter, so he has the attitude, if we have one great and if not great too. He is not willing to have any medical intervention. So that is where I am, not really sure if I even should try. I have PCOS and type II diabetes. Both are not fertility friendly. So I am a little discourage because the yearning for your own child just never seems to go away, no matter how hard I try to suppress it.

I still have regular periods every month. And I ovulate every month. I do not chart or anything. I know I ovulate because I get ovulation pain the same time every month. I guess in the back of my mind I am still hoping that it can still happen. I am just really torn.

What keeps a little hope for me is a friend of mine got pregnant naturally at the age of 49. She gave birth to a health baby boy, She put the baby up for adoption, because it was a surprise baby and she already had an 11 year old and a 25 year old and she was just not in a financial position to care for the newborn. Now she is 52 years old and 28 weeks pregnant with twins. Naturally again, and she wasn't even trying. She is going to keep the twins.
Unfortunately most of us are not fertile past 40.
Lots of babydust to you! I know that feeling, ovulating every month, and wondering if you are still fertile. Im 47 now, but was 43/44 back when i was ttc, and posting alot on this thread.

After trying for over 12mths, i finally got pregnant at 44, naturally (other than the fact that it was an iui, I am a single mother by choice), and gave birth a week shy of 45. It was a homebirth, and the midwife arrived 10minutes before the baby came out, so it was almost unassisted ( i would have preferred assisted to be honest). The baby was super healthy,and post partum recovery and nursing was pretty easy. (I just nursed her to sleep. She will be 3 in January.)


I appreciate your sharing your story of your friend. I love hearing stories of older women having babies naturally. And wish luck to those who need assistance as well.

I dont plan on having anymore. 3 is a great number for me! But i still observe my fertlity signals and wonder the state of things are at my age....I also think about what it will be like not having another baby, and watching as my kids grow and grow....

Life is an incredible journey, and i feel so blessed to have had my third baby at an older age. I wasnt exactly young when i had my first two either, at 38, and 41.

Baby dust to everyone here, and a big hello to others that know me from a few years ago :-)
Maya




Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemommy View Post
Hello I have been lurking for quite some time now. I am 45 soon to be 46 years old in December. I am not really sure how I feel anymore about wanting a baby. Maybe that is why I have been lurking for so long. When I was married to my first husband we tried for over twenty years to get pregnant. I did become pregnant once after IUI in January 2011, but it was a tubal. My RE advised that we do another cycle, because the odds were very good that we may conceive again. But DH did not want to try anymore. We divorced in 2013. He remarried and now his new wife is pregnant. So that mad me feel some kind of way.

I also recently remarried and my new husband who is five years younger than me already has 5 children and a granddaughter, so he has the attitude, if we have one great and if not great too. He is not willing to have any medical intervention. So that is where I am, not really sure if I even should try. I have PCOS and type II diabetes. Both are not fertility friendly. So I am a little discourage because the yearning for your own child just never seems to go away, no matter how hard I try to suppress it.

I still have regular periods every month. And I ovulate every month. I do not chart or anything. I know I ovulate because I get ovulation pain the same time every month. I guess in the back of my mind I am still hoping that it can still happen. I am just really torn.

What keeps a little hope for me is a friend of mine got pregnant naturally at the age of 49. She gave birth to a health baby boy, She put the baby up for adoption, because it was a surprise baby and she already had an 11 year old and a 25 year old and she was just not in a financial position to care for the newborn. Now she is 52 years old and 28 weeks pregnant with twins. Naturally again, and she wasn't even trying. She is going to keep the twins.
Unfortunately most of us are not fertile past 40.
contactmaya is online now Report Post  
Reply

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting

Cut
Copy
Paste
Undo
Redo
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Bold
Italic
Underline
Align Left
Align Center
Align Right
Ordered List
Unordered List
Decrease Indent
Increase Indent
Insert Email Link
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
Wrap [CODE] tags around selected text
Wrap [HTML] tags around selected text
Wrap [PHP] tags around selected text
Wrap [MENTION] tags around selected text
Wrap [SPOILER] tags around selected text
Smilies [More]
:x :grin: :wink: :crying: >:D :laugh: :serious: :eek: 0:) :frown: :nerd: :smile: :) :thumb :love
Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

User Tag List



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off