Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 28 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 34Likes
#811 of 828 Old 02-08-2015, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
@tracyamber , yes, thanks for the diet info. What does the increased protein do? I've started acupuncture, and while the acupuncturist suggested weekly, I can't afford that so I'm doing every two weeks for now.

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#812 of 828 Old 02-09-2015, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 452 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Helps produce healthy eggs!!!! If I find a link I'll come back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#813 of 828 Old 02-11-2015, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Just saying hi to everyone! We are getting closer to starting to TTC....I'm excited. Since I last checked in here I got serious about cleaning up my diet. I've been eating more protein and veggies...minimal processed food, hardly any grains, only ocassional sugar. I feel SO much better...more energy, and lost three pounds

I also started taking EPO this month, doing it for the 14 days as recommended, and I got New Chapter multivitamin that has folate instead of folic acid, and a bunch of other good-for-me things.

Can't wait to start trying!

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#814 of 828 Old 02-12-2015, 09:21 AM

@honeybunmom , how are things going?

#815 of 828 Old 02-12-2015, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
@tenzinsmama , thank you so much for asking! I actually birthed my peanut on Tuesday morning at 37+3. We had a precipitous labor. It lasted a whopping 2 hours and, therefore, ended in the car. She weighed 6 lb 11 oz and is 19" long. And is part unicorn. Because she actually was on her way to sleeping through the night last night when I woke her at 4:30 to nurse. And I had to wake her again this afternoon. I have heard of these babies, but never had one!

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels. Expecting my 2nd rainbow baby 2/15!
#816 of 828 Old 02-12-2015, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
@tenzinsmama , thank you so much for asking! I actually birthed my peanut on Tuesday morning at 37+3. We had a precipitous labor. It lasted a whopping 2 hours and, therefore, ended in the car. She weighed 6 lb 11 oz and is 19" long. And is part unicorn. Because she actually was on her way to sleeping through the night last night when I woke her at 4:30 to nurse. And I had to wake her again this afternoon. I have heard of these babies, but never had one!
Oh my goodness, did you say she was born in the car??!!
Congratulations!! And welcome little one!
#817 of 828 Old 02-13-2015, 11:29 PM

@honeybunmom , congratulations! Wow, that is exciting! How are you feeling? And welcome to the world, little sweet girl!

#818 of 828 Old 02-14-2015, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
@honeybunmom : Congratulations! I saw your birth story in your DDC - wow, you do have babies quickly! And she is beautiful, btw!
#819 of 828 Old 02-14-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzinsmama View Post
@honeybunmom , congratulations! Wow, that is exciting! How are you feeling? And welcome to the world, little sweet girl!
Thank you! I am feeling good for the most part. A birth worker (don't know the right word) is in my kitchen right now encapsulating my placenta so I look forward to feeling better soon. Definitely have some baby blues, but I think that is due in part to the hospital and pediatric bureaucracy I had to deal with and DF's support of that authority and not me. Meanwhile, our girl is fine and any pediatrician who is worried about the weight loss of a 3 day old whose mother's milk has not yet come in, and the weight loss is below 10% remains an alarmist in my book. Yes, I will be switching pediatricians.

The afterbirth pains have definitely been stronger with this birth. My uterus seems to be contracting well. Any I am having lower abdominal pain when I get in and out of the car, bed, up from a sitting position, etc. but, my bleeding is light, so, that's good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanspray View Post
@honeybunmom : Congratulations! I saw your birth story in your DDC - wow, you do have babies quickly! And she is beautiful, btw!
Thank you so much!

#820 of 828 Old 02-23-2015, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Congrats on your baby girl honeybunmom! Born in the car, now that will be a fun story to share.

I am preg again and this time I'm age 44.5. Happened on second try after Oct. miscarriage. I did not try until last cycle and this one because that last miscarriage caused so much blood loss and then we were hit by drunk driver going 90 mph. in Nov. Had to deal with some injury from that. My four year old has no injuries.

I just wanted to ask you guys if you have had very strong symptoms and still miscarried? I have been preg many times and never had symptoms this strong this early. My Wondfo test line is super dark. Anybody have pregnancy symptoms indicate viability of pregnancy or not?

My bladder has been super sensitive since conception, like feeling constantly full, breast sensitive, tired. I am taking ubiquinol and PQQ in case this fails. Maybe these supplements are helping the hormones get into my cells? I am 4 weeks 2 days. This time I had implantation bleeding and I could feel it burrow into my upper right uterus (same as with the preg on Jan 2014). The pregnancy on Sept. 2014 I had no implantation spotting. With my four year old I had just one spot of brown on day 10 past ovulation. This pregnancy I had actual implantation bleeding, small bits of red right after the cramping and then brown spotting for several days. (same as with preg in Jan 2014 but I was nursing then which I think caused me to lose it). I know at this age odds are 50% for a miscarriage, but I think it's good to know everything still works!

Also some acu info; been doing acupuncture for one year now. It has pushed my ovulation up to day 12 from what used to be day 17. My 4 year old was conceived from a day 17 ovulation. Instead of just one pang at ovulation time, I'm getting much more activity in the ovary. For some reason it is always the right side. Prior to acupuncture my left was alternately ovulating. My 4 year old came from the right ovary. This time just by luck I had acupuncture the same day as my day 12 ovulation. I suspected pregnancy because the acupuncture felt different like waves instead of a rushing feeling. The second acupuncture was right at implantation, also felt waves instead of rushing. I'm not sure if ovulating on day 12 instead of day 17 is good or not? Overstimulated? The right ovary for sure feels overstimulated at ovulation time. I think my left side is going to be left with tons of eggs since it's being told not to ovulate by the acupuncture LOL.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
#821 of 828 Old 02-23-2015, 10:31 AM

congrats, @nexxus ! Praying for a sticky bean for you. I ovulate early as my cycles are generally only 24 days. We did the deed on day 12. And she is here. I was 44 and 2 months when she was conceived.

#822 of 828 Old 02-23-2015, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Congrats on your baby girl honeybunmom! Born in the car, now that will be a fun story to share.

I am preg again and this time I'm age 44.5. Happened on second try after Oct. miscarriage. I did not try until last cycle and this one because that last miscarriage caused so much blood loss and then we were hit by drunk driver going 90 mph. in Nov. Had to deal with some injury from that. My four year old has no injuries.

I just wanted to ask you guys if you have had very strong symptoms and still miscarried? I have been preg many times and never had symptoms this strong this early. My Wondfo test line is super dark. Anybody have pregnancy symptoms indicate viability of pregnancy or not?

My bladder has been super sensitive since conception, like feeling constantly full, breast sensitive, tired. I am taking ubiquinol and PQQ in case this fails. Maybe these supplements are helping the hormones get into my cells? I am 4 weeks 2 days. This time I had implantation bleeding and I could feel it burrow into my upper right uterus (same as with the preg on Jan 2014). The pregnancy on Sept. 2014 I had no implantation spotting. With my four year old I had just one spot of brown on day 10 past ovulation. This pregnancy I had actual implantation bleeding, small bits of red right after the cramping and then brown spotting for several days. (same as with preg in Jan 2014 but I was nursing then which I think caused me to lose it). I know at this age odds are 50% for a miscarriage, but I think it's good to know everything still works!

Also some acu info; been doing acupuncture for one year now. It has pushed my ovulation up to day 12 from what used to be day 17. My 4 year old was conceived from a day 17 ovulation. Instead of just one pang at ovulation time, I'm getting much more activity in the ovary. For some reason it is always the right side. Prior to acupuncture my left was alternately ovulating. My 4 year old came from the right ovary. This time just by luck I had acupuncture the same day as my day 12 ovulation. I suspected pregnancy because the acupuncture felt different like waves instead of a rushing feeling. The second acupuncture was right at implantation, also felt waves instead of rushing. I'm not sure if ovulating on day 12 instead of day 17 is good or not? Overstimulated? The right ovary for sure feels overstimulated at ovulation time. I think my left side is going to be left with tons of eggs since it's being told not to ovulate by the acupuncture LOL.
yay honey bun and nexxus!

45 1/2 here and nada

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#823 of 828 Old 02-23-2015, 07:42 PM

Thank you guys.

Honeybunmom I didn't know you also had shorter cycles and had success, that's good to know! We had sex on days 8 and 10. I'm getting really good at this fertile mucus stuff and the moment I feel the slippery stuff we have sex and continue every other day until it stops. So the fertile mucus stopped the morning I got the positive OPK on day 11 and we had sex the night prior on day 10. Research shows our best chance of preg is if we have sex exactly 2 days prior to ovulation and this has worked for me for these last 3 pregnancies.

Good luck Saoirse, the way I see it you still have your fertility since you are still in the charts at age 45. All fertility charts include age 45. I think conception after age 46 we are in the realm of the genetics and the mystical but it is still possible.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
#824 of 828 Old 02-23-2015, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
nexxus - Congrats!! Hoping for a sticky bean!

I am 46 - so I guess that puts me in the realm of the mystical? I am not giving up yet :-)

momma to two - a toddler and a teen. 186/2015 items in decluttering challenge (420 items gone last year 2014, 643 gone in 2013) Ramsey's BS1 $337.20
#825 of 828 Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM

congrats, @nexxus ! This is really encouraging to read. Your symptoms seem very strong, I hope this is one little sticky bean burrowed safely into your warm uterine home! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hi to everyone else!

#826 of 828 Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM

Thank you orangemomma and tenzinsmomma. This one does feel really settled there has been no cramping. The pregnancy in Sept. had cramping which I thought was unusual but I looked into it on the internet and it said it was normal but my mom says it is not normal. I'm getting my progesterone tested Friday just in case. I'm sure they will do HCG at the same time, I have a feeling the HCG is really high.
...oh orangemomma I know it sounds crazy but my Great Aunt had a baby at age 58! Change of life baby. He is my moms cousin who had to go live with her family when she died at age 70. She had 12 kids total and he was a complete surprise. So I think there is another bump near the change to menopause where your body goes into overdrive to reproduce. and also genetics, some in their 40's are still in their 30's I'll bet. Well here's hoping for all of us! I'm not going down without a fight.

#827 of 828 Unread Today, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Thank you guys.

Honeybunmom I didn't know you also had shorter cycles and had success, that's good to know! We had sex on days 8 and 10. I'm getting really good at this fertile mucus stuff and the moment I feel the slippery stuff we have sex and continue every other day until it stops. So the fertile mucus stopped the morning I got the positive OPK on day 11 and we had sex the night prior on day 10. Research shows our best chance of preg is if we have sex exactly 2 days prior to ovulation and this has worked for me for these last 3 pregnancies.

Good luck Saoirse, the way I see it you still have your fertility since you are still in the charts at age 45. All fertility charts include age 45. I think conception after age 46 we are in the realm of the genetics and the mystical but it is still possible.
Yup. 26 days when they are running "long". As long as your literal phase is long enough (which you probably know), you are good. And you still have good CM? Definitely holding good thoughts for you. I had progesterone testing with no. 2 since he was conceived 2 cycles after a m/c and ended up using a progesterone supplement with him. But, I didn't think to do it with this baby and she made it!

#828 of 828 Unread Today, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
Yup. 26 days when they are running "long". As long as your literal phase is long enough (which you probably know), you are good. And you still have good CM? Definitely holding good thoughts for you. I had progesterone testing with no. 2 since he was conceived 2 cycles after a m/c and ended up using a progesterone supplement with him. But, I didn't think to do it with this baby and she made it!
Wow thanks honeybunmom, I was going to ask you that. I am using progesterone cream Natpro 1/2 teaspoon twice a day. I wonder if it's what's making me SO tired and relaxed. I've never been this tired and relaxed due to a pregnancy. Yes I have about 3-5 days of cervical mucus it seems. But the early ovulation is weird because my whole life I ovulated from day 17-20. My 4 year old is from a day 17 ovulation. My luteal phase seems to be 12 days from what used to be 10. That is just so exciting that your baby girl is doing great and you had a healthy pregnancy at age 44, no progesterone needed!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page