Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 27Likes

#61 of 741 Old 05-04-2013, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hello, Im 41 , I have a 2 yr old that took 16 yrs to conserve after 6 miscarriages. We are currently ttc using vitex and meca. Have to say this stuff is amazing . I feel great after 2 days. Iv been on vitex for 2 months got my cycles back to wt Is considered text book perfect. Also got hubby on Meca and DAA for mail factor. Im hoping with in next 3 mo to be pregnant.

jsustanley likes this.
#62 of 741 Old 05-04-2013, 02:54 PM

have you tried vitex and meca? Its flipping amazing!!!!

#63 of 741 Old 05-04-2013, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Litmama, when I did my first Whole 30, I actually continued to drink tea with milk in it, and needless to say, that Whole 30 wasn't  a success eyesroll.gif So when I embarked on a Whole 30 last year, I decided I'd do it properly (I had read the book, It Starts With Food, which really helped me understand the importance of giving up dairy completely). At first I found drinking black tea really difficult. But now I find it is no bother at all. I actually prefer it, and I have been exploring many new and different teas as a result, which is fun. I also drink it weaker, which helps.

After doing the Whole 30, I just felt so much better and when I reintroduced dairy, I felt awful, so I've stayed away from it, though I still have treats occasionally - nice cheeses or cream. I started doing the Paleo way of eating, and then the Whole 30, all because I'd gotten that raised ANA blood result, and I wanted to dampen any inflammation I had in my body, as I worried it might be causing the miscarriages. I still think that my miscarriages were probably all due to older egg and sperm, but if I can have my body in excellent condition, it may help.

My DH is starting the Whole 30 on Monday, and I'm really excited about that, I think it will help him too, and who knows, perhaps his swimmers will be healthier too?

Hello 41Mommymaybe - I have tried both Maca and vitex. Honestly, I didn't feel very different on the Maca, and I don't feel I need the Vitex as I have regular periods and ovulate each month.

Hello to everyone else flowersforyou.gif

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#64 of 741 Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hi, can I join this thread? I'm 43.  I'll be 44 in about a month!  I had my DS when I was 40, after a couple years of ttc (turned out to have some thyroid problems).  DH and I have been sorta, kinda TTC for a while now, but the fall semester was extremely stressful and so timing was often off.  Then, just when things should have been improving stress and timing wise, my up till then regular cycles went haywire.  I'm not sure I've Od yet this year.  Had a 44 day cycle, then a 28 day cycle that I still think was anovulatory, and now am on CD 52!  Man my body's timing sucks.  I have had my thyroid levels tested and that doesn't seem to be the problem this time.  I'm supposed to have my hormone levels tested, but in order for that to happen I have to have a day 5 of my cycle . . . I was out of the country for the last two day 5s, and now 52 days in, I'm waiting.  Yes, I've been travelling, and I cling to the hope that that could be the cause for the crazy cycles, though the first 44 day one wouldn't be explained by that.  I just started Vitex on May 1 and I've ordered some Maca that should arrive tomorrowish.  Maybe those will help.  I'm also still BFing DS a bit (on average 2 x/day -- a.m. and p.m.), but some days he forgets about one of the other (like this a.m., he was distracted by an intriguing toy and never asked to nurse).  I realize that BFing at all could be lowering my chances, but then at 43 (going on 44), and with crazy cycles, my chances may be slim, anyway, and I hate to stop nursing what could be my only baby in order to maybe have another or maybe find out that I can't.  YKWIM? I think he is in the slow process of self weaning, and I don't want to rush him.  I like the closeness it still gives us and the ability to comfort him when he's upset, and selfishly, nursing still makes me feel feminine when it seems like my body is otherwise changing -- before i'm really ready for it to. 

Anyway, that's my story. I hope to hear your stories and see some BFPs soon.

#65 of 741 Old 05-11-2013, 11:37 AM

Well, there goes that. I'm done. I am not pregnant and I cannot keep going along this path of heartache.

I want to thank all of the people who have supported me on this site over the years. Most of whom got their BFPs, and so, are no longer here.

Think Fertile Thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#66 of 741 Old 05-11-2013, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Stevi, I am so sorry this month didn't work out for you. I wish you peace and happiness. To have tried for so long shows amazing commitment and tenacity, so I know you would make a wonderful mother. Will you try adoption? I am sorry to see you go, but I really do understand. So many people have come and gone on this thread,and watching the continuous stream of bfp's and babies, when yours (and mine) is elusive, is difficult. ((hugs))hug2.gif

MamadeRumi, welcome to the thread. I know how you feel re: weaning your DS. I felt the same way when my DS was still breastfeeding and I was impatiently waiting to ttc (I don't ovulate when my babies are nursing too much). Eventually when DS was 18 months (I think?) my fertility returned, and I did get pregnant whilst feeding him, but after I miscarried I weaned him as I was worried that his feeding contributed to the miscarriage. Of course that wasn't the case at all, but at the time I was desperate for answers and wanted to get pregnant so badly that I weaned him. In some ways it was a bad decision, because I've since had two more miscarriages,and I regret cutting our nursing relationship short, however, when I was pregnant and breastfeeding my nipples were so tender I found it excrutiating and I didn't want to keep nursing if I was pregnant (IYSWIM?)

It is a very personal decision and I think, ultimately, your fertility probably isn't compromised by the nursing unless your are nursing a baby around the clock. It is more likely that your hormone imbalances are cause by age. I think many women have found that Vitex helps regulate cycles, and maca is good too.

Have you thought about acupuncture? I think it is wonderful. I have it regularly and love it, but I can't credit it for getting a Take Home Baby, as although I have been pregnant 4 times in my forties, I've only one THB at 41. However, acupuncture helps me relax about it all,and I've had easy,painless periods since starting acupuncture 5 years ago.

As for me, I think I may have ovulated in the last couple of days, but I am not as sure as I usually am. I did have a + opk Friday morning, but I didn't have the usual Ovulation pain I have, so I don't feel sure (despite having a temperature rise). We shall see...

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#67 of 741 Old 05-14-2013, 09:50 AM

Stevi, though I didn't get a chance to know you, I too am sorry to see you go, and so, so sorry that this didn't work out for you.  As the aunt of three beautiful, adopted children, I can tell you that adoption can be a beautiful journey.  Whatever you decide, I wish you peace.

Gumblossom, thank you for your reply.  I will definitely consider acupuncture.  I'm also going to continue with the maca and vitex; however, I am thinking about cutting out the green smoothies I have been drinking since Christmas as I've just read a few references to women who start eating lots of raw veggies losing their periods, at least for a while.  I haven't read enough to know what I really think yet, but since starting the smoothies and my cycles going haywire happened at about the same time, they could be connected.  I'll miss the smoothies, and my husband will really miss having me make them for us each a.m., but until I have time to do some more research on the matter, I think I'll let them go. 

And, for the past few days I've managed to distract my son from nursing in the a.m., and then we nurse at night when he goes to bed.  I think I'll continue that for a bit -- a little nudge towards weaning, but not a big push.  I already kind of miss the morning cuddle sessions, but it does make it a bit easier to get him out the door to preschool.

And . .. happy mother's day to me, on Sunday AF finally showed -- after a 53 day cycle.  I never knew I could be so happy to see the old gal.  So now I can get some FSH tests done and maybe have a little better idea what I'm dealing with. 

#68 of 741 Old 05-24-2013, 08:26 AM

Well, some happy news -- I got the results of my FSH test and it is normal, not elevated.  So, I don't know if this is a result of the maca or the vitex or eliminating the green smoothies or none of that, but it is good news.  Now if I could just talk my body into ovulating!  And I've been spotting quite a bit this month, so that is something odd and new -- maybe maca related?  I've read that that can happen as one starts taking maca, and that it suggests the hormones are balancing out.  But enough already.  I was thrilled to see AF when she finally showed, but now her visit is dragging on a bit.  I might try cutting my maca down a bit as I have read various, conflicting opinions on how much is good, but maybe I'm taking too much.  sorry for tmi.

#69 of 741 Old 06-04-2013, 03:41 PM

Hello again all...glad there is a new thread! 

I see a lot of new names and quite a few gone.

I am open to the possibility of a 4th baby and I will be 44 if it happens (will be my 3rd on the over 40 ttc board).

much love and luck to all

eta: still nursing 19month old and off and on my almost 4 year old

tww now

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#70 of 741 Old 06-05-2013, 10:46 AM

Hi Saoirse2007, I'm glad to see you on the thread. (I was beginning to feel like I was talking to myself). 

Fingers crossed for your tww. 

I'm waiting to O, but hopeful since my cycles seemed to have normalized a bit on vitex and maca. (so crossing fingers for myself, too). 

#71 of 741 Old 06-05-2013, 11:30 AM

I've been lurking so I'm finally introducing myself.  I'm 46, have one dd, age 7, and ttc #2 off and on for 4 yrs.   I did conceive last yr. and had a blighted ovum and mc at 10 wks.  Somehow, that was more hopeful than discouraging for me.  I am now seeing an acupuncturist who I really like and doing lots for my health.  I'm very busy bc I have three foster kids, so sometimes it feels that I am too busy/stressed to conceive, but I'm not giving up hope!

Glad you all are out there - it's nice to know I'm not alone.

#72 of 741 Old 06-07-2013, 08:13 PM

Hi all,

I read upthread just and see that several of you have the same concerns that I do--nursing my 20 month old while trying to conceive. I'm 39 and recently got pregnant after trying for the first time since my cycle returned a few months ago. But I lost the pregnancy a week later. I felt like it was probably a natural chromosomal occurrence, but then I started to worry that perhaps it had something to do with the nursing. I'm feeling pretty down about it, so here I am, hoping to get some support and advice from others in my situation. (I know I'm not yet 40, but to the medical world I may as well be. I feel like I have the same concerns, too.)

When I went in to see the nurse practitioner, she was simply horrible. She was skeptical whether I was even pregnant at all (I tested five times with three different tests, so I know I was), was brusque and didn't explain anything that she was doing, and kept emphasizing how unlikely it was that I could still have a baby.

I'll read the rest of the posts in a little bit. I just wanted to join and ask if any of you had advice or could point me to threads relevant to my situation. Specifically, I'm wondering if there's anything I could do to support a pregnancy. During the miscarriage, I bled heavily the first day but not that much the following days. It was like AF but heavier the first day. That makes me wonder if perhaps my lining isn't building up enough. Any thoughts would be very appreciated.

#73 of 741 Old 06-08-2013, 08:12 AM

Well, this is discouraging, still no O.  Things were looking good.  I had no OPK (dollar store didn't have them and mail order hadn't arrived yet), but two nights ago all other signs pointed to impending O -- some EWCM (not as much as I'd have liked, but something), cervical position seemed good, and I'd just had a dip in my temps, which often preceeds ovulation for me.  So, we BDd, and then the next day no temp rise, but the OPKs arrived in the mail.  I took one and the test line was lighter than the control line, but not by that much, so I thought maybe I was going to O that night.  I was thinking maybe we'd BD again just to increase our chances.  But then that afternoon and evening I took two more OPKs and each time got a very faint test line.  So, I thought maybe I had Od and I would see the temp rise today.  Nope.  And this a.m. the OPK shows a very, very faint line.  So, it seems like my body was gearing up to O and then decided, no, not yet, let's wait a little longer.  But really, do we have to?  I haven't ovulated since December.  My cycles seem to be improving on the vitex and maca, but bring on the O already!

#74 of 741 Old 06-09-2013, 12:51 PM

Hi, everyone,

I am 41 and ttc #2.  We've been trying not very scientifically for a year.  The difference between 40 and 41 felt kind of big so we're getting serious.  It's about that time, so keeping my fingers crossed for this cycle.

peace and baby blessings to everyone!

#75 of 741 Old 06-13-2013, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Hello. New here. I am 41 and have five kids '93, '00, '02, '07, & '11. My pp cycle came back early this year and after one visit from AF I found myself with 8 BFPs. Okay, so one would probably have sufficed, but I really had a hard time believing it. Had an US to confirm and saw the HB at 7w. At just about 11w started spotting and discovered a MMC May 5th with pg having ended just after 7w. I was devestated. After 5 I did not think it could happen to me. I did the pill thing and after a solid week of mc went on to regular bleeding for another week. My hcg levels stayed high for a month and then AF came June 6, so I didn't go back for another level check. My pg was a complete surprise, but nearing the end of my first trimester the whole famy had accepted it and gotten very excited. The only thing that got me through that horrible time was my Dh saying we could ttc for another. So here I am on your board. Don't need to add me to the list just yet. I just wanted to say hi. I realize I'm quite blessed with my kids and never ever thought I'd have as many as I do, much less another, but my heart yearns for it the same as anyone else. So hi! Pleased to meet you!

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & cautiously expecting baby girl 8/14
#76 of 741 Old 06-15-2013, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

caritasrainbow - did you participate in the forums over on lotsofkids?? I thought that I recognized your user name.

I used to participate over there but the site seems to have disappeared.

Welcome and good luck!

orangemomma

Breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling momma to two. 231/2014 items in decluttering challenge (643 items gone last year 2013, 625 gone in 2012) Ramsey's BS1 $468.31
#77 of 741 Old 06-18-2013, 06:46 AM

Hello ladies,

well, I am not officially 44, and officially int he tww (yay!).  Actually, I'm a little over a week into it, so I guess it is a oww at this point.  If I can believe the temps of the past few days (and I'm not sure I can), I've got a triphasic chart and an implantation dip.  I know neither of those are a guarantee of pregnancy, but the only time I've ever had them before is when I was pregnant with my son, so if I could believe the temps I would be over the moon.  But, there are reasons I'm suspicious.  This a.m., for instance, my ds, who was sleeping next to me, was really restless and kept wanting to nurse and/or to climb over me, so I did wake up about 90 minutes before I took my temp, rolled him back over, and then went back to sleep, and then took my temp at the regular time, so I'm not sure if I can trust it.  The day before I had woken up when my dh got up to use the bathroom, about an hour before my wakeup time.  So, I took my temp, squinted at it in the light from the alarm clock, and was discouraged to see that it was the exact same temp as the day before, when I'd had a dip in my temp (possible implantation dip),  Then I went back to sleep and when I woke up I temped again and it was significantly higher.  From 97.56 to 98.06.  Seems like a big difference for an hour, and in the past when I've occasionally temped twice I've never noticed such a big difference and I've never noticed waking but not getting out of bed or moving much to have an effect on my temps.  But such a big jump in an hour makes me think I did something wrong on one of those temps.  So, I may or may not be triphasic.  Crossing my fingers but trying not to get my hopes too high.  At any rate, I did finally ovulate, so there is that.  In a few more days I'll allow myself to test.  Hope, hope, hope, hope. 

Baby dust and fertile thoughts to all!

#78 of 741 Old 06-19-2013, 06:28 AM

Well, my temp is back down today -- still above the coverline, but there goes my triphasic chart. 

But at least I did ovulate this month, and my sweet ds gets sweeter by the day, so I take comfort in his snuggles and affection.

I had my progesterone tested a couple of days ago, so soon I should know the results. 

on another note, gumblossom, I was reading back through some old posts and I think you mentioned something about a study showing women who drank black tea got pregnant sooner?  I can't find the post now.  Can you give me more info?  I would dearly love an excuse for some caffeine.  Yesterday I took an online Pregnancy symptom quiz, and of course I already realized that half of the "pregnancy symptoms" can also be symptoms of AF coming, but not I realize that a good chunk of the others may be symptoms of parenthood.  Am I more tired than usual?  Hell yeah, I'm the mother of a 3 year old!  Is my chart triphasic, yep, but could be because ds keeps waking me up in the middle of the night, screwing up that 4 consecutive hours thing. 

anyway, caffeine would be nice.  I've told myself that I want one more baby, and I want it enough to give up caffeine, but once I have that baby I'm going back to black coffee and I'll never torture myself with giving it up again!

#79 of 741 Old 06-19-2013, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

HI everyone, sorry I have been away from the thread a lot. I am trying to get my head around giving up ttc.

Every month I am hopeful, have a tonne of symptoms and then AF comes. I have been ttc this baby for 4 years and I am starting to believe it is too late and won't happen for me. And I think I am starting to accept that.

I had my progesterone levels checked last week (day 21) and they were 33, which my doctor says are "pretty good" (whatever that means?), I had a look at my progesterone results from 2 years ago, and the result was 35 and I was told it was great and my ovaries were definately working, so I am happy with 33. I have worrited on and off that my progesterone was low and may have been an issue, but clearly it isn't. I think I just have old eggs, and if I am ever to have a baby, it will be because there is one good egg left. I am coming to terms with the fact that there may not be one good one left.

My Fertility friend VIP membership  expires in a few days and I am not renewing. I am not going to keep on charting after this month (I've just started AF). ANd I won't be using opk's or timing intercourse anymore. So I guess I am going to be open to a baby, but not actually ttc.

MamadeRumi I think it was someone else that mentioned that study about black tea, it might have been Litmama, but I don't recall. Sorry I can't steer you towards the study.

#80 of 741 Old 06-19-2013, 04:03 PM

gumblossom, you are right, it was litmama, and once you reminded me of that I found the post, thanks.

As for your decision, I will miss you if you leave the list, but I do understand.  This ttc business is so exhausting, and sometimes keeps us from enjoying the rest of our lives (and it sounds like you have much to enjoy).  I am personally going to continue trying to TTC, especially now that my cycles have evened out, but I'm also trying to make myself consciously aware of how blessed I am to have my son and many other joys in my life, and I'm trying to remember to enjoy and appreciate him and them and not get so caught up in ttc that I can't be grateful for what I've got. 

I wish you peace and joy, whatever your decision is. 

#81 of 741 Old 06-19-2013, 04:24 PM

Yes, I have frequented Lotsofkids. Probably spent more time on cbirth or any other unassisted birthing site than any other. This is my first time really actually trying ttc.
I'm on cd14, abdomen sore, cm watery?, haven't bd'd since between cd11/12. OPK negative for three days now and Dh suddenly says no to another. Hoping that last bd did it for me anyway as he is oot. He can be persuaded. So I waiting for o, hoping for strong sperm and just waiting in general. I'm afraid to bd tonight anywy even if he does show up, cuz I really want another girl.
I'm confused about the negative OPK and all the lower abdominal soreness. It's not sharp o pain, it just hurts.
Anyway, if anyone has any advice or anything that'd be great. I'm so new to trying. Think there's any chance that bd on cd 11/12 could do it?

#82 of 741 Old 06-23-2013, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi Gumblossom and MamadeRumi!

I've been in a larger orbit as well, but check in from time to time. Still working on my immunology issues and also just trying to live again.

I wanted to respond to the black tea question! I know a lot of mamas embrace the caffeine-free lifestyle, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I was miserable being 100% caffeine- and alcohol-free for two years (I am a foodie and grew up in the wine country, where moderate wine consumption is just part of a beautiful life). Bringing both back into my life in moderation has helped me feel alive again.

My acupuncturist said that 1 glass of red wine a week is actually beneficial to my circulation and bloodflow to the uterus and ovaries. So now I drink in a light- to moderate way, mostly at social events. And I read a Kaiser study from 2008 about caffeine that was encouraging -- it concluded that moderate coffee consumption has no effect at all, but that drinking 1/2 cup of either green or black tea has a positive effect on fertility. I'm sorry I can't find that citation right now, but will try to look for it later.

And now, Boston University has done another study that is really well-designed and has basically overturned the earlier studies that said caffeine was bad. The Boston study says that 2 cups of black or green tea per day increases fertility by 27%, and that drinking moderate amounts of coffee has no effect either way. They attribute the positive impact of the black tea to the antioxidants in the tea.

So I am now vindicated in drinking 1 or 2 cups of black tea per day, and I do also have an occasional cup of coffee (maybe once every 2 or 3 months).

For what it's worth, on the subject of other dietary restrictions, my reproductive immunologist also feels that being 100% gluten-free and dairy-free isn't as important as consuming both in moderation. 

Babydust!
-LitMama

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#83 of 741 Old 06-26-2013, 06:29 AM

Thanks Litmama.  I was going to reply as soon as I read this, but have had a crazy couple of days.  But I have thought of you for the past couple of days as I enjoyed a cup of organic black tea.  smile.gif  I have read lots of studies in the past that said that coffee in moderation was fine and that it was only in super large quantities that it posed a problem.  However, during the 20 months that I was TTC my DS, I tried lots of variations of coffee intake -- 1 or 2 cups daily, occasional coffee, no coffee, etc, and found that even small amounts of coffee seemed to affect my luteal phase.  Then I tried to start green tea, but then I read a study (can't find it now) that suggested that Green tea interferes with the body's absorption of folic acid.  So, I scrapped that.  So this time around I was back to trying to eliminate caffeine entirely.  But like you, I am pretty miserable without some caffeine.  I'm less productive too, especially now that I am balancing two more-than-full-time jobs (being a professor and being a mom.  This is a job for caffeinated woman). Plus, after a month on vitex and maca I have just finally had a regular, ovulatory cycle, with the longest luteal phase I've ever had.  So, I'm going to try drinking tea this month and see how I do. 

As for other matters, the TWW is over, and AF is here, but considering how crazy my cycles have been, I'm still feeling pretty good about this.  This has been a crazy year.  After an intensely stressful semester in which my cycles were regular but we could seldom manage the timing of our TTC very well, I then had a 44 day cycle that I think was finally ovulatory (but I'm not sure), a 28 day cycle that was anovulatory, a 53 day cycle that was anovulatory, and then sort of a false start with a really heavy AF. then finally, a 29 day cycle with a good FSH and Progesterone levels, a clear thermal shift, and a nice, long luteal phase (AF arrived at 10 p.m. on 14dpo, and in the past I've had a lps as short as 9 days and, when I was being a good girl and not drinking coffee, as long as 12 or occasionally 13 days) .  So, I'm going to call that success.  Not as successful as a BFP would have been, but success.

And on a completely unrelated note, Litmama, I've gathered from your username and your posts that you're a literature prof.  Me too.  We should talk. 

#84 of 741 Old 07-17-2013, 01:59 PM

I miss litmama

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#85 of 741 Old 07-17-2013, 02:01 PM

I think you should go back to the old thread and add a few more babies born...it doesnt happen often enough for us and I was always happy to celebrate them and very encouraged looking at the list grow :)

#86 of 741 Old 07-18-2013, 01:59 PM

I agree that it is encouraging to hear about babies born!  My midwife recently told me that she assisted at a birth in which the mom conceived naturally and was 48 when she gave birth.  It is possible!

#87 of 741 Old 07-29-2013, 02:39 PM

I got a faint positive yesterday at 11 dpo. I will be 44 in September. I had a blighted ovum in May/June 2012, so I'm cautiously excited.
Fingers crossed!
#88 of 741 Old 07-30-2013, 11:51 AM

dust.gifSending good wishes your way!

#89 of 741 Old 07-30-2013, 01:39 PM

Crossing my fingers for you (and for all of us, but you especially) Chichimama.  Hope it sticks like gorilla glue. dust.gif

chichimamma likes this.
#90 of 741 Old 07-30-2013, 01:49 PM

I too had a bfp yesterday!  June I missed the window with dh on strike and then oot.  July we just didn't talk about it and there was more bd than usual, so I kept my mouth shut and figured after all these kids he must know where babies come from!  I am thinking that not discussing and yet more bd was his manly way of consent.  He did, afterall, promise me back when I had the mmc in May.  

However, this morning I was diagnosed with pneumonia!  My four youngest kids (i have 5) have all recently been sick.  13yo had bronchitis beginning of the month, then 2yo got pneumonia (hospital was invloved), then 10yo got bronchitis, sinusitus, and strep, then yesterday 6yo diagnosed with pneumonia after xray.  UGH!  Fortunately I got another bfp this morning and took it to the dr with me so he could be cautious about treating me.

At any rate, if someone could point me to the board we can meet on after ttc successfully, I'd appreciate it.  I will be 42 Sunday.  I am beside myself with joy, but scared to death to share my secret, not only because of my age and current number of children, but also because that mmc back in May was horrific.  

Babydust to you all.  Mine was natural, two natural pregnancies late in my 42nd year, so it is possible.

Feeling all gushy and wish i could just hug each of you.  lol!  Maybe that's the illness...  

Oh, one final question- Do I stop with the Maca Root and Fish Oil now?  Obviously I'll continue the prenatals and since I'm sick the c, need to get some probiotics to ward off yeast from the Augmenten too I guess.  How is it that I remembered to get those for the kids, but not myself?!  

Currently family physician and his nurse are the only ones who know my secret!  Af isn't due until Saturday, so I am VERY early.

Wishing for stickiness like E6000!  or gorilla glue ;^)  Sorry, the crafter in me couldn't resist!

chichimamma likes this.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page