Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 30 - Mothering Forums

 41Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#871 of 900 Old 05-01-2015, 09:51 AM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Oh LitMama, here's a new test to check for sperm issues which can cause so many miscarriages too.

http://www.spermcomet.com/healthcare...ermcomet-test/

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#872 of 900 Old 05-04-2015, 02:47 PM
 
saoirse2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Litmama good genes!

we are super broke...no financial freedom here...lol
misplaced my youth traveling and indulging in all sorts.

i had a hsg dye test today...blocked right tube. i was surprised.

1 tube, 12.5 fsh and 46 in a few months..
i would not gamble with those odds, but i will have sex with them

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

saoirse2007 is offline  
#873 of 900 Old 05-04-2015, 08:47 PM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post
Litmama good genes!

we are super broke...no financial freedom here...lol
misplaced my youth traveling and indulging in all sorts.

i had a hsg dye test today...blocked right tube. i was surprised.

1 tube, 12.5 fsh and 46 in a few months..
i would not gamble with those odds, but i will have sex with them
good luck saoirse, you just never know what might happen when you're having fun

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is offline  
#874 of 900 Old 05-09-2015, 04:48 PM
 
orangemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: East Coast United States
Posts: 403
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Thanks Litmama for your encouraging words! I know there are meds out there with no sexual side effects or ones with less sexual side effects - but convincing my partner to talk to his doctor and ask for a switch - that's no easy task.

nexxus -if ONLY I could get some sperm in a cup - that would be fantastic! You see, he just can't finish the deed if you know what I mean - with me or without me.

At this point, our only chance would be a pregnancy from pre-ejaculatory fluid from a 47 year old man and my 46 year old egg. THAT would be a miracle I think. I don't see how it could happen


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
momma to two - a toddler and a teen. 467/2015 items in decluttering challenge (420 items gone last year 2014, 643 gone in 2013) Ramsey's BS1 $111.88
orangemomma is online now  
#875 of 900 Old 05-10-2015, 10:27 AM
 
tenzinsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 833
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hi all,

Nexxus, how are you doing? I think you are the only active one here on the thread that is pregnant at the moment...? Hope all is going well.

AF just came on Friday, and I'm trying not to be in a foul mood over it. We did an HMG IUI cycle and it clearly did not work... not sure why. I just keep asking 'why'. I mean, we had 4 follicles in the running the day of the IUI, my lining looked perfect, estrogen was measuring good and I was on progesterone supplements as per the protocol-- and nothing. I don't know if it's poor quality eggs (at age 45, the docs were so surprised at what I was producing in terms of numbers, but, the quality can't be assessed, so...) or if I have some scarring from the D&C they did in December...but I heard scarring is quite rare, and I had a really experienced doc who was aware of my fertility concerns so he said he would be extra careful. My husband says it's because I'm 45.5 and he's 43 and we are just 'old'... gawd, I wish he knew just how much that hurts to hear that). So this was three HMG IUI's since October... it just makes my heart hurt so much, knowing that the first one worked in that I at least got pregnant, even though it wasn't viable... and then nothing. This third attempt is the last one with treatments, so now I guess we are back to trying naturally... but what are my chances with that... I couldn't conceive with 4, now I'm going to be back to hoping I have a chance with 1. Still getting regular cycles, just like clockwork... although I do notice them getting a bit shorter which my RE says is normal as we age-- it's the body's way of getting 'one more kick at the can' before it's too late. Well, i guess it means that we try to have fun during sex and take the pressure off of.

But seriously... I really feel like my family is incomplete, and I so wanted one more... I just need to make peace with things, right? What do I do with the yearnings? I never did think that the last time I nursed my youngest, that it would be the last time I would ever hold a baby to my breast... so I never recognized the occasion when she weaned, I never said 'good-bye'. I realize I never honored the ''lasts', in the same way that I did the 'firsts', you know? I always thought I would be able to experience those special things again...

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
tenzinsmama is offline  
#876 of 900 Old 05-11-2015, 01:13 PM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzinsmama View Post
Hi all,

Nexxus, how are you doing? I think you are the only active one here on the thread that is pregnant at the moment...? Hope all is going well.

AF just came on Friday, and I'm trying not to be in a foul mood over it. We did an HMG IUI cycle and it clearly did not work... not sure why. I just keep asking 'why'. I mean, we had 4 follicles in the running the day of the IUI, my lining looked perfect, estrogen was measuring good and I was on progesterone supplements as per the protocol-- and nothing. I don't know if it's poor quality eggs (at age 45, the docs were so surprised at what I was producing in terms of numbers, but, the quality can't be assessed, so...) or if I have some scarring from the D&C they did in December...but I heard scarring is quite rare, and I had a really experienced doc who was aware of my fertility concerns so he said he would be extra careful. My husband says it's because I'm 45.5 and he's 43 and we are just 'old'... gawd, I wish he knew just how much that hurts to hear that). So this was three HMG IUI's since October... it just makes my heart hurt so much, knowing that the first one worked in that I at least got pregnant, even though it wasn't viable... and then nothing. This third attempt is the last one with treatments, so now I guess we are back to trying naturally... but what are my chances with that... I couldn't conceive with 4, now I'm going to be back to hoping I have a chance with 1. Still getting regular cycles, just like clockwork... although I do notice them getting a bit shorter which my RE says is normal as we age-- it's the body's way of getting 'one more kick at the can' before it's too late. Well, i guess it means that we try to have fun during sex and take the pressure off of.

But seriously... I really feel like my family is incomplete, and I so wanted one more... I just need to make peace with things, right? What do I do with the yearnings? I never did think that the last time I nursed my youngest, that it would be the last time I would ever hold a baby to my breast... so I never recognized the occasion when she weaned, I never said 'good-bye'. I realize I never honored the ''lasts', in the same way that I did the 'firsts', you know? I always thought I would be able to experience those special things again...
Hi tenzinsmama, yes i am still preggo, now almost 15.5 weeks. My 18 week Level 1 ultrasound will be on June 4. I think your best chance is the old fashioned way. Those who got pregnant at age 48 with own eggs did it naturally, also for us it was natural, me 44.5 and him 46.5 at conception. IMO it comes down to the timing, I knew we had a chance of it working in Feb. based on the astrology (position of Jupiter and outer planets). I think it happened on the second try for us because the timing was right. They say you only get 1-3 chances each year based on the astrology. Some years you only get one chance and some years are so bad you get zero chances which would make some feel like they losing hope but really it is just the timing of things. I think this explains why some people have multiple IVF's and IUI, only to get pregnant naturally later (timing was right). It's like catching a wave of energy in the universe that makes a baby possible. Also some people are born with far better fertility than others and some born with lousy fertility which can all be seen in the natal chart. Some people are destined to only have a child later in life after a huge delay. I think the best way to deal with the yearning for that baby is to keep trying and catch the next wave! Best of luck to you

Sorry to hear that orangemomma , He may be okay with you using donor sperm? If he has a brother, you could get donor sperm that way. Also there is ISCI.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is offline  
#877 of 900 Old 05-28-2015, 05:35 AM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hey good story here for older females and having babies. It says you have the same chances as a 20 year old if you time it right!

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...a-baby/309374/

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is offline  
#878 of 900 Old 06-06-2015, 01:49 PM
 
tenzinsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 833
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks for posting that article. How are things going?

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
tenzinsmama is offline  
#879 of 900 Old 06-11-2015, 07:00 AM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzinsmama View Post
Thanks for posting that article. How are things going?
Hi tenzinsmama, I'll be 20 weeks on Saturday and I feel lots of movement since 17 weeks. Nausea is gone as of 13-14 weeks and I can eat healthy again... YAY. My 20 week scan got moved to next week. I'm taking "Baby and Me" by MegaFood vitamins. I just turned 45 on June 3

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is offline  
#880 of 900 Old 06-15-2015, 09:56 AM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Holy crap guys what do we have to be worried about...this lady got pregnant at age 52 with twins naturally:
http://www.parents.com/getting-pregn...regnant-at-50/

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is offline  
#881 of 900 Old 06-23-2015, 03:05 PM
 
Laurucha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post
Litmama good genes!

we are super broke...no financial freedom here...lol
misplaced my youth traveling and indulging in all sorts.

i had a hsg dye test today...blocked right tube. i was surprised.

1 tube, 12.5 fsh and 46 in a few months..
i would not gamble with those odds, but i will have sex with them
My HSG showed both my tubes were blocked. I had laparoscopic surgery to remove them in preparation for IVF, but it turned out they were totally fine. My situation is actually not that uncommon. The HSG is not that accurate of a test. I wish the doctors wouldn't present the results as definitive.
Laurucha is offline  
#882 of 900 Old 06-23-2015, 06:12 PM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurucha View Post
My HSG showed both my tubes were blocked. I had laparoscopic surgery to remove them in preparation for IVF, but it turned out they were totally fine. My situation is actually not that uncommon. The HSG is not that accurate of a test. I wish the doctors wouldn't present the results as definitive.
Also, don't forget you can actually feel the egg going down the tube. At first you feel the egg burst from the follicle, then you'll feel it go down the tube, it takes 12 hours. And if you do feel this...you'll know the hsg test they did was BS. I only get pregnant from my right side ovary, because for some strange reason I mostly ovulate from this side, but the left side WORKS too because i can feel it (could feel it before I got pregnant)

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is offline  
#883 of 900 Old 07-11-2015, 07:27 PM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'm 24 weeks now with baby boy just to give you guys hope! age 45!

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln

Last edited by nexxus; 07-13-2015 at 11:57 AM.
nexxus is offline  
#884 of 900 Old 07-12-2015, 08:08 AM
 
orangemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: East Coast United States
Posts: 403
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Thanks for checking in nexxus, I had been wondering how things were going for you! :-) yay!!
Nothing to report for me- we havent had sex in a few months- relationship issues surrounding DP's ED and other stuff. Sigh
orangemomma is online now  
#885 of 900 Old 07-13-2015, 12:05 PM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemomma View Post
Thanks for checking in nexxus, I had been wondering how things were going for you! :-) yay!!
Nothing to report for me- we havent had sex in a few months- relationship issues surrounding DP's ED and other stuff. Sigh
Thanks orangemomma! I hope you are able to give it a try soon that's just so unfair...my younger sister (43) is on the other end of the spectrum ...afraid to have sex because she doesn't want another baby and her cut off age is 43, anything over that is too old. Her son is 6 and she thinks one is enough for her. I told her I think I'm one of those females who can have a baby in the late 40's (because my mom was preggo at age 48 and my Great Aunt at 58) and if it happens again I'd be happy...she thinks I'm crazy and so does my mom (who had 5 kids and thinks she should have stopped at 2!)

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is offline  
#886 of 900 Old 07-31-2015, 12:58 PM
 
sunshynbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,245
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 39, can I join? Close enough? I'm at the end of my third 2ww since we decided to go for it again. My period is due Sunday, and everything is becoming a "sign." I feel crazy!
sunshynbaby is offline  
#887 of 900 Old 08-02-2015, 06:37 AM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
absolutely! i was just turned 40 when I had my first baby I am now 45 with my second baby...all natural. good luck and baby dust to you!

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is offline  
#888 of 900 Old 08-19-2015, 10:23 AM
 
Nonie's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm so happy to find this group! I'm just about 41 (October) and we have been ttc for 18 months. A little background ...dh and I have 3 little ones and had a 25 week loss for our 4th and that was 18 months ago. I got pregnant easy for all 4 but this time I have not wanted to wait.

I actually think I should have been more patient because my cycle lengthened this month to 36 days which is closer to normal for me. And in looking back, my fertility seems to come back around 18 months pp. Now I'm just babbling. Anyway, I'm on my period right now so maybe this is the magic month! This past 1 1/2 years was hard without a baby to hold. I worried my loss effected my fertility. That and my age and I thought I was doomed. My family does not feel complete. Oh and dh is 46 and has MS. I'm not sure if that effects fertility but I think it might.

Oh and I'm fascinated by astrology having an effect on fertility. How do you figure that out?
Nonie's mom is online now  
#889 of 900 Old 08-19-2015, 12:29 PM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi Nonie, I'm sorry to hear of your loss I used astrology to calculate for my current pregnancy, age 45 almost 30 weeks preggo. It's complicated, I used position of transiting jupiter and midpoints as well as uranian planets. I hired astrologers who were very good, first pregnancy she predicted in Jan 2014 which I screwed it up and miscarried because I was still nursing, she warned me of hormone problems and sure enough my body couldn't handle being pregnant and nursing. The current pregnancy was predicted by vedic astrologer who gave me a 4 month time frame when it would happen and I narrowed it down with my own calculations, I've been studying for over 20 years to do these calculations myself with a program but a medical astrologer as well as vedic astrologers could really help you calculate the likely times ahead and ease your mind. There are zero to 3 opportunities each year. I think that at age 41 you have excellent chances as long as the stars are saying,.. yes this is the right time. Good luck!

oh also, I had a 7 week loss 3 months prior to my current pregnancy so it seems it has no effect on fertility. I did acupuncture for a whole year and ate a great healthy vegan diet, drink pure water...maybe that helped too? the only thing i know for sure is the astrology is the one part I know works.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln

Last edited by nexxus; 08-19-2015 at 12:34 PM.
nexxus is offline  
#890 of 900 Old 08-19-2015, 06:11 PM
 
Nonie's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Hi Nonie, I'm sorry to hear of your loss I used astrology to calculate for my current pregnancy, age 45 almost 30 weeks preggo. It's complicated, I used position of transiting jupiter and midpoints as well as uranian planets. I hired astrologers who were very good, first pregnancy she predicted in Jan 2014 which I screwed it up and miscarried because I was still nursing, she warned me of hormone problems and sure enough my body couldn't handle being pregnant and nursing. The current pregnancy was predicted by vedic astrologer who gave me a 4 month time frame when it would happen and I narrowed it down with my own calculations, I've been studying for over 20 years to do these calculations myself with a program but a medical astrologer as well as vedic astrologers could really help you calculate the likely times ahead and ease your mind. There are zero to 3 opportunities each year. I think that at age 41 you have excellent chances as long as the stars are saying,.. yes this is the right time. Good luck!

oh also, I had a 7 week loss 3 months prior to my current pregnancy so it seems it has no effect on fertility. I did acupuncture for a whole year and ate a great healthy vegan diet, drink pure water...maybe that helped too? the only thing i know for sure is the astrology is the one part I know works.

Wow that is way out of my realm of knowledge! So fascinating! ! I figure ill just do it a lot and hope for the best, LOL. Its good that I still like that part...giggle.....even at my age. I'm so happy for you and your baby!! So exciting!
nexxus likes this.
Nonie's mom is online now  
#891 of 900 Old 08-19-2015, 07:09 PM
 
BlissfulMoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi. Just shy of my 41st bday here. I removed the Mirena IUD a few weeks back. Technically we are NTNP...I do tend to get PG easy so just taking that step feels like TTC...but being over 40 now I want to have reasonable expectations that might not be the case this time. I have six children, three littles and three teens. My baby is 21 mos. My oldest is 19 and going off to college. I was really active on the boards here years back but I can't remember my old log in...it's ok, fresh starts are good!
BlissfulMoM is offline  
#892 of 900 Old 08-24-2015, 11:08 AM
 
Nonie's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfulMoM View Post
Hi. Just shy of my 41st bday here. I removed the Mirena IUD a few weeks back. Technically we are NTNP...I do tend to get PG easy so just taking that step feels like TTC...but being over 40 now I want to have reasonable expectations that might not be the case this time. I have six children, three littles and three teens. My baby is 21 mos. My oldest is 19 and going off to college. I was really active on the boards here years back but I can't remember my old log in...it's ok, fresh starts are good!
I was pregnant within 3 months of removing my IUD. I only had it in a year or so though. It took me a while to figure out my password and stuff too!! I was very active back in 2006. Good luck!!! Oh when is your birthday? I'm the beginning of October
Nonie's mom is online now  
#893 of 900 Old 08-26-2015, 08:30 AM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I got pregnant on first try when I was 39 and had 1st baby at age 40. I think you guys have excellent chances, especially because you have prior babies.

I just had my Level 2 Ultrasound and got to see his face, he has the cutest mouth and nose, I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow. Also just did my hemoglobin and gestational diabetes test, passed both. I have a high posterior placenta, so no placenta previa either though they say at age 45 I should have all those problems!

I'm doing a natural birth at the same birth center I had my first baby at age 40 and this time I'm using the new technology they have...nitrous oxide! I used no pain killers with baby #1 ...but they did give me some bach flower remedies to relax me which were nice.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is offline  
#894 of 900 Old 08-28-2015, 11:42 AM
 
Nonie's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
I got pregnant on first try when I was 39 and had 1st baby at age 40. I think you guys have excellent chances, especially because you have prior babies.

I just had my Level 2 Ultrasound and got to see his face, he has the cutest mouth and nose, I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow. Also just did my hemoglobin and gestational diabetes test, passed both. I have a high posterior placenta, so no placenta previa either though they say at age 45 I should have all those problems!

I'm doing a natural birth at the same birth center I had my first baby at age 40 and this time I'm using the new technology they have...nitrous oxide! I used no pain killers with baby #1 ...but they did give me some bach flower remedies to relax me which were nice.
Congrats on the awesome ultrasound! ! How exciting! !
Nonie's mom is online now  
#895 of 900 Old 08-28-2015, 12:54 PM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie's mom View Post
Congrats on the awesome ultrasound! ! How exciting! !
Thanks, I couldn't believe how cute his face was. I've never had an ultrasound this late in pregnancy to be able to see the face like that, but it turns out my 20 week Level 2 was not a level 2, so I ended up doing the Level 2 in the 3rd trimester just now at 31 weeks.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is offline  
#896 of 900 Old 09-01-2015, 12:57 PM
 
contactmaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,319
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Hi Nexxus, i just wanted to say , congratulations on your pregnancy at age 45! Its very encouraging. 30weeks, ...almost there...best of luck for the rest. Wishing you an easy labor and healthy mom and baby.
Maya
(who was on this board a few years ago, and finally got pregnant at 44, giving birth one week shy of my 45th birthday)
nexxus likes this.
contactmaya is offline  
#897 of 900 Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Thanks maya.... congrats on your baby at 45! these stories are probably very inspirational for people on this thread It seems to me the fertility clinics who say you have a 1% chance over age 44 are wrong and are just trying to scare people, and yeah they had me scared. I personally mostly believed the chinese gender calendar which goes all the way to and including age 45 as being a normal part of fertility. Then give or take a few years because some peoples health will be very good at age 45 which may give them even more years beyond 45.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is offline  
#898 of 900 Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM
 
Gokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey, ladies. I've been keeping up with your posts over the past year but haven't posted since my chemical pregnancy last fall. I find myself pregnant again (naturally, at 42) for the second month in a row (chemical pregnancy in august).

I had a
Positive text exactly 4 weeks ago today. By Friday, I was spotting and my hcg was 8. I passed tissue on Saturday. My hcg was 3 on Sunday 4 weeks ago. After a month of thinking g I'd lost my last chance at pregnancy, I started to have symptoms again and I got a positive pregnancy test this morning. Got a blood test that shows my hcg is only 17.

Depending on when my cycle began, this could be either pretty low or ok. Going back on Friday to see if it doubles, but wanted to ask for your collective wisdom.


I have no idea how to figure out when my last cycle began this month because I had a chemical pregnancy last month. Can I judge by my hcg levels falling? Do I start counting from The day I started spotting? Or the day I passed the sack?

So confused and not feeling too hopeful with that 17.

Thanks!
Gokey is offline  
#899 of 900 Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi Gokey, my HCG was 6000 or 7000 both times I was pregnant at 15 days after implantation (5 weeks 1 day pregnant). I never checked for doubling because the number was so high at 5 weeks. There's such a huge variation in HCG per person, I'm pretty sure the ONLY thing that matters is doubling. That will be the key. Very sorry about your losses. Any body else start out at 17 on the HCG? There was one person who posted here her HCG numbers and doubling numbers and she was not quite doubling which led to a miscarriage. She was also age 42.

Another thing you can do is keep taking the pregnancy tests (strips that you dunk in pee in a cup) every two days and watch the test stick get darker each time. I did this every two days and it was amazing to see how dark it got 6 days later. It was so dark 6 days after implantation that I was more convinced this pregnancy was going to work. I knew when I implanted because I got 3 days of implantation bleeding. Did you get implantation bleeding? That will help you know where you are in the pregnancy.

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
nexxus is offline  
#900 of 900 Old Today, 11:03 AM
 
Nonie's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokey View Post
Hey, ladies. I've been keeping up with your posts over the past year but haven't posted since my chemical pregnancy last fall. I find myself pregnant again (naturally, at 42) for the second month in a row (chemical pregnancy in august).

I had a
Positive text exactly 4 weeks ago today. By Friday, I was spotting and my hcg was 8. I passed tissue on Saturday. My hcg was 3 on Sunday 4 weeks ago. After a month of thinking g I'd lost my last chance at pregnancy, I started to have symptoms again and I got a positive pregnancy test this morning. Got a blood test that shows my hcg is only 17.

Depending on when my cycle began, this could be either pretty low or ok. Going back on Friday to see if it doubles, but wanted to ask for your collective wisdom.


I have no idea how to figure out when my last cycle began this month because I had a chemical pregnancy last month. Can I judge by my hcg levels falling? Do I start counting from The day I started spotting? Or the day I passed the sack?

So confused and not feeling too hopeful with that 17.

Thanks!
Oh I sure hope you get a sticky baby this time!!! I second the testing every few days thing. The line should be darker. Can I give you an early congratulations anyway?!!!!
Nonie's mom is online now  
Reply

Tags
Trying To Conceive


User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 18,620

148 members and 18,472 guests
a-sorta-fairytale , AddressOurMess , agentofchaos , agilesheltie , Aillidh , Ajbaby , alada , allirue , AMG , apeydef , APGoddess83 , ashleyo , AuntNi , azohri , bannerd , BarefootBrooke , bluefaery , brusselsmama , bubbagirl , BushMama83 , CarrieCo , catladymeow , Celestical , chickabiddy , chknlovr , cini , Crimson8 , Dakotacakes , Dream Catcher , DungeonQueen , elliha , emmy526 , EMRguy , Erica13 , ess3 , Ethelpea , firmfoot , floss&ferd , fruitfulmomma , gooseberry , greenemami , happyhats , healthy momma , here we are , hillymum , ian'smommaya , Incubator , IsaFrench , Ivymom , JadePlant , japonica , jazzd1 , jsnv , K703 , katelove , kathymuggle , Kellyim , kitchensqueen , Krc , KYTNAOC , lalalovely , lilmissgiggles , LiLStar , llwr , LTurtle , LuckyCharms , maggdons , mama24-7 , mamabear0314 , mamabear81 , MamaCandace , MamaChick , mamamargo , mariamadly , Marumi , Marylandbirth , mblack , MCatLvrMom2A&X , mckenke5 , MDoc , MeepyCat , mhoie , Milk8shake , Mirzam , missmason , MissMuffet , MN BabyDust , moominmamma , Mummoth , MylittleTiger , NaturallyKait , NDelaney , newmamalizzy , nomadmom , Nonie's mom , oaksie68 , oasis84 , oldsmom , orangemomma , pers , pisces.girl , pokeyac , pranava , primalmom , profe , prosciencemum , rainydaywoman , RollerCoasterMama , Rosehip , rubelin , SandiMae , sarafl , Serafina33 , shantimama , Shmootzi , siennaflower , sillysapling , smiller , Snydley , sofreshsoclean , spewie , Springshowers , stellanyc , StepGirlfriend , t2009 , TheQueen16 , thtr4me , Tigerle , TourmalineMama , TrishWSU , typebug , Veritas Vitae , whoami , Wild Lupine , Wild Rose , Xerxella , Zirconia
Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.