Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 33 - Mothering Forums

83Likes

#961 of 1032 Old 10-06-2016, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC!

Hi,

Is anyone still reading this thread? I'm 41 and just started TTC in Sept. I have a 16 year old DD and a 21 month old DS.

I've been reading these stories are I am so grateful for the women that came before me; thank you for helping me learn a lot and hopefully I will have another DS or DD in the future.
Xerxella likes this.

Last edited by MeanVeggie; 10-06-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#962 of 1032 Old 10-06-2016, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
I read along. Im 41 and I'm a frequent miscarrier. But, hopefully we can find a good one. We're under a docs care and when I get my period, we'll do some meds and planned cycle to get more follicles to get more chances of finding a good one.

Are you doing anything to up your odds? Good luck!
MeanVeggie likes this.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to AJ 4/07
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

#963 of 1032 Old 10-07-2016, 06:37 AM

Hi Xerxella,

I've read every single post and I've been elated at times and almost teary-eyed at others hearing the stories of these women. I am happy to receive a response! 😃

To make a long story short, the only things I do to "up" my fertility (and life expectancy?) is to cook from scratch daily, eat 4 RAW eggs about 4x a week from my backyard chickens and supplement with herbs & whole foods when needed and exercise. Currently taking 1 TBSP of maca root powder with 2 TBSP of wheatgrass powder in the am.

I've never experienced challenges getting pregnant. I did have a loss at 28 weeks in 2013, at 38 years old, got pregnant 12 weeks later and had my DS (21 months) at 39.

I hope to have one more DC. This would be the second DH and I will have together. I have a 16 year old DD from a previous relationship. She is the best help I could have asked for and a charming young lady.

I don't know much about follicles except in the stories I've read from those women. I do temp to pinpoint ovulation and check my CM.

I'm sorry to hear about your recurrent miscarriages. Hopefully 40's are just what you need to carry to full term. I'm 41 too, so I'll be on this 40-something journey with you!
#964 of 1032 Old 10-07-2016, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Xerxella and Mean Veggie,

Nice to see people here--I feel so strange on other boards where I swear the average age seems to be 27 and the 35 year olds are the old ones...We're still trucking along over here. I went off my mini-pill at the end of my August cycle, so I'm just now at the beginning of cycle 2. Honestly, I'm just relieved to see that I ovulated and to see my cycle lengthen from the 22 or so days it was on the pill to 28 with a 14 day luteal phase this past month. I have no clue whether I'll have trouble getting pregnant--I have an 8 year old from a previous marriage who was conceived easily, but aside from the time it took to get pregnant and give birth to him, I've used some form of birth control or another up until last month. So I suppose it's all wait and see for a while.
#965 of 1032 Old 10-07-2016, 05:50 PM

Hi Qtwerpy,

I agree that it feels strange on the other boards. I don't feel "at home" like I do here.

I've read so much on this thread, but I don't recall your age? I'm 41 and TTC #2 with DH, but #3 in total.

Happy you're ovulating! We will see how long it takes for us all?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#966 of 1032 Old 10-11-2016, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MeanVeggie, I'm 40. I have one son from a previous marriage who will be 9 in a couple of months.
#967 of 1032 Old 10-11-2016, 01:34 PM

Hi all! CD 1 was yesterday. I'll be under a doctor's care this cycle. We'll see what my body's doing and hopefully catch a good egg.

How's everyone else?

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#968 of 1032 Old 10-11-2016, 02:45 PM

It's CD6 for me. I've been having some insomnia that's causing me to temp late or without 3 hours of sleep before my wake up time. It's frustrating, but I hope to sleep good tonight.

I'm pretty sure my thyroid is acting up a little and causing some of these issues. Hopefully it'll be corrected soon with some herbs.

Good luck to you ladies.
#969 of 1032 Old 10-11-2016, 03:33 PM

Hi @MeanVeggie ! I've recently started melatonin at night. It's supposed to be good for egg quality and thyroid health. It's certainly helped me get a restful night's sleep.

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#970 of 1032 Old 10-11-2016, 03:36 PM

Thank you Xerxella. I've used melatonin in the past and it did work. I didn't know it help your thyroid as well? That's great! 😃 I will look into in this weekend. What dosage are using?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
#971 of 1032 Old 10-11-2016, 08:48 PM

3mg at night. Here's an article about it: https://www.verywell.com/melatonin-y...rmones-3232753

It's kinda long but good.

It's not without controversy, so see how it works for you. This study was on rats with huge amounts of melatonin 3mg per kg ! (So 110 lb person would be taking 150mg of melatonin a day bs the recommended 3mg.) (if I did my math right...) But, it depressed the rats thyroid. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/14698569/

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

Last edited by Xerxella; 10-11-2016 at 08:56 PM.
#972 of 1032 Old 10-12-2016, 06:09 AM

I'll read the article. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
#973 of 1032 Old 10-14-2016, 08:19 PM

Hi ladies (double posting this),

On CD7 & CD8 I had slight, but noticeable cramping and two brown spots when I wiped. I thought I was seeing things, because there was also a slight amount on thin CM present both times. Well, today is CD9 and I had a ton of EWCM. I was able to stretch it at least 6 inches (tmi...sorry). My temp was still low this morning so I don't think I ovulated. If I did CD9 is super early for me.

I have gotten pregnant once on an early ovulation (CD10). Anyone else get a BFP ovulating early?

Thanks 😁
#974 of 1032 Old 10-14-2016, 10:32 PM

I think it doesn't matter when you ovulate as long as you're ovulating. It sounds like you should bd though for sure!

As we get older we put off more fsh which is what stimulates the follicles to grow. High fsh can cause the follicles to grow faster.

Good luck!!!

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#975 of 1032 Old 10-15-2016, 06:30 AM

Thanks Xerella,

I agree that early or late ovulation isn't an issue, as long as you're O. Based off my low temps this morning I'm still preO. Brown spotting this early is unusual for me, but maybe it's because of the maca power or O is around the corner? CD7 & 8 seem too early for O spotting since my temps remain low today at CD10. I guess I'll never know. We did BD last night just to be safe.

How are you?
#976 of 1032 Old 10-15-2016, 07:56 AM

Are you using opks? I always liked them for some confirmation. You can get them super cheap on Amazon or at the dollar store.

As for me, today is cd 6. The doc will do a check in on cd 10. We do blood and u/s to see how everything is progressing. We're doing some gentle meds to see if we can't get more targets in hopes of getting a good one.

(My problem seems to be we get pregnant too easily. We uterus just takes all comers including ones that have no chance and then we miscarry. Hopefully we'll get at least one to implant that can be a thb.)

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#977 of 1032 Old 10-15-2016, 01:46 PM

I'm not using opks. I just temp and it works well for me (at least it's worked in the past). My temp jumps a significant amount to confirm ovulation. I also use FF.

Sorry about the losses and I hope your u/s goes well. Please keep me posted.
#978 of 1032 Old 11-07-2016, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
rain's return

Hoping to jump back in after many years. I think if you went back far enough you would find me way back there. I lost three and finally had my last a little over two years ago at 43.
After not having dtd since my last conception, I did last month and found myself with a faint bfp at 15 dpo. At 16 dpo my beta was 40.
I'm not actively ttc this moment as I'm waiting to mc. I'm approximately 18 dpo currently hoping this will not be a long drawn out process.
I was unhappy when I first thought of the possibility of another, but of course now I'm sad. And dh was actually trying for that one, so wants to try for another as soon as I am able.
All that said, I am looking at ordering some supplements and was hoping for input. So far I'm thinking progesterone cream, Coq 10, dhea, prenatals and maca. I already take iron separately, when I remember- guess I'll remember twice a day now.
I'm 45, thought I was done with three boys and three girls, but dh feels since his son makes 4 boys, we need another girl. The kids are his son- 25 (we have zero contact), my son- 23, and our two boys and three girls 16, 14, 9, 5 & 2.
I fear expressing our desire for another lest people see us as being greedy and/or selfish as most feel I have too many already and should be happy as I am. And I am, but would welcome another before the door is permanently closed. And I must have, we absolutely support our children ourselves, no outside "help".
I am hoping to find the kindness and support I found three years ago when I first joined this thread.
Waiting to mc...

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & dd 8/14
#979 of 1032 Old 11-07-2016, 03:13 PM

Hi Caritasrainbow,

I read every page on this thread and I remember seeing numerous posts from you. Happy you are back but very sorry for the circumstances.

I had at late loss at 28 weeks and it's rough to say the least. I wish you healing and a speedy recovery to conceive another rainbow baby!

I take 1 TBS of maca daily (keep my temps up instead of using progesterone cream). Additionally, I take about 180 mg of Ginkgo Biloba to keep my platelets low and my blood from clotting (problems in my past pregnancies). I just ordered licorice root (help my insulin levels so I don't develop diabetes during pregnancy) and ashwagandha or Indian Ginseng (helps the body maintain homeostasis).

I order lots of my herbs through eBay or from Asian or Middle Eastern grocery stores. I don't know if any of this has helped you. I hope so!

Glad someone else still uses this thread. Keep in touch! Good luck to us both! 😃
#980 of 1032 Old 11-07-2016, 10:42 PM

Oh how I loathe the mind tricks played while waiting for what can only end badly. I pretend there's a chance, while knowing there is not. Stupid dr at the urgent care tried to bring up the results after the nurse had given them to me, while I was asking about next steps for my nonresponsive bronchial infection. I said, yes I heard the number and am aware there is no hope so blah blah blah. And the dr says, oh no that number is within range, please come in for another so we can see rising.
I want to scream. This game is not new to me. Sure, the numbers could go up from here, and up and up, but all research points to a negative ending, if not a few weeks off. This getting older thing is most cruel in this arena.
I have my online baskets full of supplements, but have this teensy bit of hope keeping me from pressing buy it.
Sorry, I'm in a bad place. No other board has been as understanding as this one. Even the mc boards, usually the moms are much younger there...
Thanks for being here.

#981 of 1032 Old 11-08-2016, 02:45 PM

Hi @caritasrainbow ! Sorry to hear about your current situation. Waiting to miscarry is the worst. Like you, I'm a realist. If I know it's a loss, I just want to get it over with and move on. I now have a great RE who is willing to help me through these losses. We just always wait until 6 weeks, look for a heartbeat and go from there. So, find a good doc as you're moving ahead on ttc. They can really be a godsend. (((Hugs))))

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#982 of 1032 Old 11-08-2016, 04:18 PM

Why does this pregnancy have to end in a mc? I understand being a realist but if your numbers are still going up then it's all good. Right?

What if you just purchased some wild yam (natural progesterone) or progesterone cream and let the other items just sit in the shopping cart for awhile longer? This way you have the progesterone and you can use it until...you stop using it. Just in case. Ok?
Xerxella and caritasrainbow like this.
#983 of 1032 Old 11-09-2016, 12:29 AM

Yes I am obsessive and wordy, sorry

I am conflicted about using wild yam just now. Had thought I should wait until I mc? You iw, to assist with next round? Then I thought maybe I need it asap to save the pg? I can not find enough information out there to make an informed decision.
I was certain that I had to have conceived on October 20, because my last af started October 5 or 6. Pretty sure it was the 5th. Also the 19th is the only day I noticed ewcm. Dh reminds me that we dtd the 20, 21 & 22. Several times. So if I'm wrong and I didn't conceive until the 22/23, that would change things a bit.
My whole adult life I have conceived exactly 14 days after af begins. But I have also always had 28 day cycles, always. I remember last cycle af was 2 or 3 days early. And I it was only the fourth I've had since I gave birth over two years ago, plus I wasn't having sex at all ever, so I wasn't paying super close attention. Which would mean that my cycles are off. Perimenopause I guess?
I am ridiculous and started testing on October 24. So before Halloween I considered myself out. I've always gotten extremely dark bfps very early on. But this time I thought I got what was a very faint one, at what I thought was 14/15 dpo. Maybe I am just insane and my body is just not working like clockwork like it once did? I vaguely remember that with ds2 I missed af, think I got a bfn, went about my way and a week later realized I hadn't seen af and retested, getting a blaring bfp. Maybe memory is foggy.
So I thought my tests were too light and my beta was too low, but if my numbers were even a couple days off and if I implanted later than usual, then I guess maybe there's a possibility...
And it's 2:30am and I can't sleep at all...
So I think these thoughts, yes, I am 100% obsessing, and then I think, nah, I'm just trying to talk myself into something that isn't possible. Am I grasping at straws?
Omg the mind games we go through after a loss, or several...
On the upside, I am beginning to feel somewhat physically better- sinus feels cleared and cough is maybe subsiding?
Guess I should go for the second beta after all. Probably will crack and buy some more Walmart cheapies to see if the lines are darker or lighter while I wait for those numbers. Let's face it, I'm going to obsess either way. That second beta would probably be helpful though.
So the wild yam, yay or nay?
If I do mc, I will get some for sure.
??????????????????????????????????
Living in the land of limbo sucks.
Xerxella likes this.

#984 of 1032 Old 11-09-2016, 12:45 AM

Total Twilight Zone

Omg, if you go back to page 11 you will see me having almost this same exact conversation, same exact dates and everything, only it was exactly 3 years ago. Very eery and strange. I had to keep rereading to see if I was going crazy. Same freaking dates exactly. Af was October 5, thought I o'd on the 20th, tests were lighter than I thought they should be... Very very weird to see myself three years ago doing the same exact thing. That one was a chemical. Maybe that's why I hold no hope this time. Or very little. I am feeling crampy...

Last edited by caritasrainbow; 11-09-2016 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Typo
#985 of 1032 Old 11-09-2016, 01:09 PM

Not pregnant on a CBD this morning. So levels are dropping, no need for a second beta draw.
At least my hopes can no longer flicker this go round. Just waiting to expel. It would be nice if it reset on a weekend.
And now maybe I'll order those supplements. Even if not ttc, if I did get pregnant again, I would rather not go through this again. Also I've read they are good for regulation and fatigue and memory loss and all the other symptoms I've been complaining of lately but didn't realize we're just due to age.
So I'm thinking:
progesterone cream (or wild yam),
Ubiquinol,
Dhea &
Maca
Hoping things move along on their own because I do not have a dr that can prescribe me cytotec.

#986 of 1032 Old 11-09-2016, 01:54 PM

So sorry for the news caritasrainbow. 😥 I know you were expecting it, but I also know that doesn't make things any easier.

Vitamin C flush will help move "things along." Take 1000 mg every hour until you have loose stools (tmi I know). It helps bring on AF or mc. I'd start taking as soon as you wake because it make take 7,000 mg or more for you to go to the bathroom. You don't want to be up all night running to the toilet.

Take care of yourself and hugs 😚
Xerxella likes this.
#987 of 1032 Old 11-09-2016, 09:15 PM

Thank you. Just as I was pondering what to do, I started having a lot of lower back pain and dark dark red, well you know. Stupidly I did not get any pads, so all I have are ob tampons. I just put one in loosely and hope it'll not be too bad for tonight.
I ordered some progesterone/wild yam cream. I also ordered myself a Silhouette Cameo, lol. Figured I deserved my Christmas present early.

#988 of 1032 Old 11-10-2016, 06:36 AM

(((Hugs))) @caritasrainbow I hope things move quickly for you.

I'm on ubiquinol and dhea. They seem good to me.

AFM: BFFN this month. Today is cd 4. We'll do another monitored cycle. I DO like knowing what's going on exactly and insurance pays for it.

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

Last edited by Xerxella; 11-10-2016 at 09:52 AM. Reason: "ubiquinol" Although ubiquinous is funnier andmore apripos.
#989 of 1032 Old 11-10-2016, 06:47 AM

Sorry Xerxella 😢 Hugs for you too! Glad you'll get the info you need!

You definitely deserve an early Christmas present Caritasrainbow. If you're out of pads, just use a red towel in a pinch. Take care honey! Will you keep TTC? 4 of each still sounds like a good idea. 😊

AFM - CD9, temping but not overly worried about catching the egg this month. I'm conflicted...I'm exercising and thought it'd be great to get in good shape over the winter and get preggo in the Spring; but can't help thinking I'm 41 and need to hurry. I guess this will play itself out either way.
Xerxella likes this.
#990 of 1032 Old 11-10-2016, 09:44 AM

I got rid if a huge trash bag of various sized pads over the summer. Had saved them for weeks to find a shelter something to give them to, but eventually got sick of carrying them about and tossed the whole mess in the trash. I should go to the store and mpbuy pads, but I can't force myself to get up out of bed and get dressed. Still in pajamas at nearly noon. I hope the tampon isn't hurting me. I'll get up soon.
I cancelled the order I placed. I'm returning the progesterone cream, it was too late to cancel. It freaks me out. Maybe I'll try vitex?
I'm not sure if I'll ttc or not. Dh said he wanted another, but now says he's relieved. Shitty timing to say today. Men are so insensitive.
I'm beyond hormonal, emotional and crabby.
I look terrible, hair a mess and just don't care. Haven't even brushed my teeth today. Lol.
I do think I may try the vitex, will get back on the fish oils. Even if not actively ttc, we do not use bc. I'd rather an oops be healthy and not do this to my mind and body, so figure I should have my body prepared. A subcontious way of ttc? Idk.
Crappy day, I'm sore, in pain, wish I had pads, somehow feeling everything flow out is more comforting than this plug.
Sorry for my lame post.
Xerxella likes this.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page