Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 35 - Mothering Forums

82Likes

#1021 of 1028 Old 12-03-2016, 07:05 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
@BirthFree Sounds like you're O? Could be from BD? Either way not a bad thing if it's just a few drops. FX and GL to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1022 of 1028 Old 12-03-2016, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Does anyone (or has anyone) used the Dollar Tree OPKs?
I had sort of a line yesterday and today looks lighter (at CD11) - but I've never used these before

Thanks @MeanVeggie ... no blood at all today so I won't worry.
I don't know how everyone stays encouraged when they're ttc'ing, I am sucking at it...

Mama to 5 amazing little people, and a surrogate mama to another.
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama
#1023 of 1028 Old 12-03-2016, 07:38 PM

@BirthFree I've never used OPK. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful there.

Here's how I stay encouraged...

1. BD during my fertile time means at least I've got a shot

2. keep taking my temp and using it to make adjustments as needed (using diet, herbs, exercise and prayer)

3. have faith in my body
Xerxella likes this.
#1024 of 1028 Old 12-04-2016, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 508 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC!

Hi guys! @MeanVeggie - Today or tomorrow will be cd 1 for me, so I'm not far behind you.
@BirthFree - It sounds like O spotting or just bumping the cervix too hard. I've used all the cheapie opks. You really want the line to be as dark as the control line. But, then you'll have to be testing 2-3 times per day. I've tested twice a day and have one be + and the next be negative. Your surge can be that fast.

As far as staying encouraged, I've kinda given up. I'll just keep doing all I can but it will be what it'll be. I've just come to a place of acceptance with my family the way it is so another member would just be a bonus not a necessity.

AFM - The appointment went well. We'll be more aggressive this cycle, so we'll see where that gets us.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to AJ 4/07
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

Last edited by Xerxella; 12-04-2016 at 07:31 AM.
#1025 of 1028 Old 12-04-2016, 11:19 PM

I had a + OPK tonight, so, yay!! (Definitely darker line than the control). That's at least step one...

Do you mind me asking what you changed?

I haven't been able to let it be. I can't sell my baby stuff or maternity clothes or change the baby room to my office...

I was spending some time yesterday praying/meditating asking what I need to change or work on to be the best home for another little human. I felt sort of silly but I have a sense that someone has to decide to join us, just as much as we decide to have someone join us. If that doesn't sound super "woohoo"...

Either way, more patience won't kill me to work on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1026 of 1028 Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 508 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
I had a + OPK tonight, so, yay!! (Definitely darker line than the control). That's at least step one...

Do you mind me asking what you changed?

I haven't been able to let it be. I can't sell my baby stuff or maternity clothes or change the baby room to my office...

I was spending some time yesterday praying/meditating asking what I need to change or work on to be the best home for another little human. I felt sort of silly but I have a sense that someone has to decide to join us, just as much as we decide to have someone join us. If that doesn't sound super "woohoo"...

Either way, more patience won't kill me to work on.

Yeah on a +OPK!!!! Get bd'ing lady!

I haven't gotten rid of the baby clothes or maternity clothes. But, we have a big house and lots of storage and I tend to be practical. I wouldn't get rid of any of that until I'm 100% sure I was done. I've just kind of made peace. I guess losing our son at 10 days old just made me realize the fragility and gift that is life. Our kids are great and if another one doesn't come to our family, our family is still great. If someone else does decide to join our family, also great.

So, I totally agree with you. Here's my woo-woo stuff. I feel the spirit of our son that passed. I know he really wants to join our family and has tried a few times, but just couldn't. I feel for him, so I'll, at least, do my part to give him a chance every month. I think it really takes two to make a baby (pun intended). The baby and the mom. The mom has to do her part, but the baby has to do their part, too. As well all sadly know, not every one has what it takes to make it on the outside.

AFM - STILL NO PERIOD!!!!! So frustrating. No, no, no. All BFNs. I took progesterone on Friday and that was my last day. I thought it would hit over the weekend, but still waiting. I had to reschedule my appointment for today for Wednesday. It really should hit by then! Today's 15 dpo. I hate when you want it to show up, it takes it's time. When you don't want it to show up, there it s.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

#1027 of 1028 Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM

@Xerxella Ah, that makes sense. I don't know all the history of your family but that's devastating...

I agree with your "woo woo", and have pursued the Spirit Baby part of moving forward for our family. There's an awesome book I want to buy but it's a bit expensive so I can't yet... the Sacred Birthing by Sunni Karll.

Blah AF is so that way!! I'm sorry, I hope it's asap... waiting blows...

#1028 of 1028 Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM

@Xerxella sorry to hear about losing your previous DS at 10 days old. My heart goes out to you and your family.

FX and GL to you ladies. Santa may bring us a gift of 3 BFP this month!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page