Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 35 - Mothering Forums

153Likes

#1021 of 1253 Old 12-03-2016, 06:05 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
@BirthFree Sounds like you're O? Could be from BD? Either way not a bad thing if it's just a few drops. FX and GL to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1022 of 1253 Old 12-03-2016, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Does anyone (or has anyone) used the Dollar Tree OPKs?
I had sort of a line yesterday and today looks lighter (at CD11) - but I've never used these before

Thanks @MeanVeggie ... no blood at all today so I won't worry.
I don't know how everyone stays encouraged when they're ttc'ing, I am sucking at it...

Mama to 5 amazing little people, and a surrogate mama to another.
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama
#1023 of 1253 Old 12-03-2016, 06:38 PM

@BirthFree I've never used OPK. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful there.

Here's how I stay encouraged...

1. BD during my fertile time means at least I've got a shot

2. keep taking my temp and using it to make adjustments as needed (using diet, herbs, exercise and prayer)

3. have faith in my body
Xerxella likes this.

#1024 of 1253 Old 12-04-2016, 06:25 AM

Mentioned: 551 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC!

Hi guys! @MeanVeggie - Today or tomorrow will be cd 1 for me, so I'm not far behind you.
@BirthFree - It sounds like O spotting or just bumping the cervix too hard. I've used all the cheapie opks. You really want the line to be as dark as the control line. But, then you'll have to be testing 2-3 times per day. I've tested twice a day and have one be + and the next be negative. Your surge can be that fast.

As far as staying encouraged, I've kinda given up. I'll just keep doing all I can but it will be what it'll be. I've just come to a place of acceptance with my family the way it is so another member would just be a bonus not a necessity.

AFM - The appointment went well. We'll be more aggressive this cycle, so we'll see where that gets us.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to AJ 4/07
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Genevieve 5/09

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

Last edited by Xerxella; 12-04-2016 at 06:31 AM.
#1025 of 1253 Old 12-04-2016, 10:19 PM

I had a + OPK tonight, so, yay!! (Definitely darker line than the control). That's at least step one...

Do you mind me asking what you changed?

I haven't been able to let it be. I can't sell my baby stuff or maternity clothes or change the baby room to my office...

I was spending some time yesterday praying/meditating asking what I need to change or work on to be the best home for another little human. I felt sort of silly but I have a sense that someone has to decide to join us, just as much as we decide to have someone join us. If that doesn't sound super "woohoo"...

Either way, more patience won't kill me to work on

Last edited by BirthFree; 12-08-2016 at 02:03 PM.
#1026 of 1253 Old 12-05-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
I had a + OPK tonight, so, yay!! (Definitely darker line than the control). That's at least step one...

Do you mind me asking what you changed?

I haven't been able to let it be. I can't sell my baby stuff or maternity clothes or change the baby room to my office...

I was spending some time yesterday praying/meditating asking what I need to change or work on to be the best home for another little human. I felt sort of silly but I have a sense that someone has to decide to join us, just as much as we decide to have someone join us. If that doesn't sound super "woohoo"...

Either way, more patience won't kill me to work on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah on a +OPK!!!! Get bd'ing lady!

I haven't gotten rid of the baby clothes or maternity clothes. But, we have a big house and lots of storage and I tend to be practical. I wouldn't get rid of any of that until I'm 100% sure I was done. I've just kind of made peace. I guess losing our son at 10 days old just made me realize the fragility and gift that is life. Our kids are great and if another one doesn't come to our family, our family is still great. If someone else does decide to join our family, also great.

So, I totally agree with you. Here's my woo-woo stuff. I feel the spirit of our son that passed. I know he really wants to join our family and has tried a few times, but just couldn't. I feel for him, so I'll, at least, do my part to give him a chance every month. I think it really takes two to make a baby (pun intended). The baby and the mom. The mom has to do her part, but the baby has to do their part, too. As well all sadly know, not every one has what it takes to make it on the outside.

AFM - STILL NO PERIOD!!!!! So frustrating. No, no, no. All BFNs. I took progesterone on Friday and that was my last day. I thought it would hit over the weekend, but still waiting. I had to reschedule my appointment for today for Wednesday. It really should hit by then! Today's 15 dpo. I hate when you want it to show up, it takes it's time. When you don't want it to show up, there it s.

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

#1027 of 1253 Old 12-05-2016, 03:16 PM

@Xerxella Ah, that makes sense. I don't know all the history of your family but that's devastating...

I agree with your "woo woo", and have pursued the Spirit Baby part of moving forward for our family. There's an awesome book I want to buy but it's a bit expensive so I can't yet... the Sacred Birthing by Sunni Karll.

Blah AF is so that way!! I'm sorry, I hope it's asap... waiting blows...

Last edited by BirthFree; 12-08-2016 at 02:03 PM.
#1028 of 1253 Old 12-05-2016, 03:43 PM

@Xerxella sorry to hear about losing your previous DS at 10 days old. My heart goes out to you and your family.

FX and GL to you ladies. Santa may bring us a gift of 3 BFP this month!
Xerxella likes this.
#1029 of 1253 Old 12-06-2016, 07:43 AM

Period, of course, hit right after I wrote this so, yeah?

Anyways, suddenly my docs office is being a PITA. They are insisting on a mammogram before going any further. I'm not getting a traditional mammogram. I think the radiation causes more harm than good at our age. But, I'll find someone who'll do an ultrasound mammogram. What a PITA.

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

#1030 of 1253 Old 12-06-2016, 11:45 AM

@Xerxella , I agree with you. I do thermography.
That seems like a very strange request... ugh.
And I'm sorry about AF, but yay for a new cycle and opportunity.

Yes @MeanVeggie ! Bring it...

#1031 of 1253 Old 12-06-2016, 01:41 PM

@BirthFree What's thermography? And, can they call it thermography mammogram on the paperwork so my docs office will accept it?

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

Last edited by Xerxella; 12-06-2016 at 01:44 PM.
#1032 of 1253 Old 12-06-2016, 02:22 PM

@Xerxella
http://www.breastthermography.com/br...ography_mf.htm

If there's a local place to you, I'm sure it would be acceptable. It's superior to mammograms, and don't have radiation.

#1033 of 1253 Old 12-07-2016, 11:38 AM

I agree but I don't think the REs office will think so. They're standard medicine. They're concerned about any added hormones exacerbating a previously unknown breast tumor. I guess this happened to some star and now they're all nervous. Anyways, we'll just keep trying on our own and see how that goes us.

I have an appointment with a university hospital that does breast u/s, so I'm hoping that will be acceptable since it's from a traditional hospital.

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

Last edited by Xerxella; 12-07-2016 at 11:40 AM.
#1034 of 1253 Old 12-08-2016, 06:19 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Question

I'll have to check out tap a talk. I did not get any notifications about all of these messages to catch up on!
I've never used an OPK. Maybe I will go to Dollar Tree and get some.
So two cycles ago AF showed up on a Wednesday but wasn't due until Friday. So early. I just figured since it was only my 4th cycle since it returned, my body was still adjusting. Got pregnant 14 days later, as I always have- always exactly 14 days later from day 1. Ended in a chemical a week after AF was due. We dtd cd13 and cd15, so I did to hold out much hope since not on cd14. Now AF was due yesterday and no sign of it. All Wondfos since cd 9 BFN. Stark white not even questionable. I am totally bloated, breasts are giant and full. We stopped breastfeeding over a month ago and the nursing bras that were saggy are all full again. I tried to see if they were full of milk, but it hurt to try to squeeze it out (tmi) and barely a drip, the amount I would expect for having quit a month ago.
I have never been late- ever. Is this early menopause?
I have been taking liquid fish oil (for eye issues as much as for more cm), folic acid, and N-Acetyl Cysteine. The latter because I read a very convincing study about how it can help with early mc, and when I went to get it I also discovered it's great for liver health and lungs.
Most confusing is AF not showing up, huge breasts, and I'm so bloated I can't even fit into my jeans. Wth?
I guess I need to add something to help regulate my cycle. I got Maca, as I've taken it before and did get pregnant at 42, but I got powder this time since it was more up and easily absorbable, but I still haven't figured out what to do with it, lol. I looked into Vitex and can't remember why I didn't get it. Guess I'll look it up again.
Not sure if I still want to ttc, or if I want to tta, but I'm super confused by my cycle and would defintiely like to know what's going on. My mother and grandmother don't discuss these things, no way would I admit to ttc to them anyway.
Advice?

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & dd 8/14
#1035 of 1253 Old 12-08-2016, 07:56 AM

I don't have any menopause advice but I take 2 T of maca powder a day, mixed in my wheatgrass almost every morning. I don't mind the taste. Alternatively you could put the maca in capsules. I have a capsule machine I purchased from eBay for under $20.
#1036 of 1253 Old 12-08-2016, 02:02 PM

I agree with encapsulating it, @caritasrainbow . I like the vitex I linked above (it's the phytocaps, it's a liquid that works better/faster than dry herbs). I like Woman Heath Support from Herb Pharm too, it's a tincture.

If you didn't ovulate it can throw your cycle off... I started temping to be able to tell. My PMS symptoms are so much like early pg symptoms it sucks...

Interesting about the early miscarriage reduction by the N-acetyl cysteine... if you think of it, I'd like to read that.

I'm in the TWW and so impatient. Ugh.

#1037 of 1253 Old 12-08-2016, 02:17 PM

GL @BirthFree . Hope your 2WW goes quickly & ends in a BFP!
BirthFree likes this.
#1038 of 1253 Old 12-13-2016, 09:16 AM

How's everyone doing? Any good news from you TWW-ers?

So, I'm cd 9 today. Things seem to be progressing along normally and this morning I get red tinged EWCM ! I checked and the last 3 cycles I've had spotting on cd 9 or 10. I'm really bummed about this. Do any of you know what this means? I assume it's a change in hormone levels, but good or bad? I assume it's bad since it's not normal for me. And, I didn't conceive the last 2 cycles, so.... Any thought? I'm really not expecting to ovulate before this weekend or early next week sometime. So, I doubt it's O spotting.

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

#1039 of 1253 Old 12-13-2016, 10:07 AM

Hi @Xerxella . Sorry to hear about the spotting. My understanding is spotting anytime other than during AF is a sign of low progesterone; of course barring implantation and ovulation spotting.

I had spotting last month for 4 days prior to AF so I upped my maca powder to 2 TBS and I'll know towards the end of the month if this change has helped.

My BBT temps seem to increase and I think its getting corrected with the maca powder. I also take 1 Raw Thyroid capsule per day and/or eat a little beef liver (gag!!!) once a week and it too seems to be helping my low progesterone/ slightly sluggish thyroid.

Maybe you should consider getting your thyroid checked? My results came back normal but I know mine has slowed based of my inability to lose weight and low energy levels. The Raw Thyroid gives me plenty of energy and keeps my body feeling nice & warm! Good luck to you!
Xerxella likes this.
#1040 of 1253 Old 12-13-2016, 10:12 AM

@Xerxella have you ever done a saliva hormone panel? I did one through DiagnosTechs and it was a tad expensive ($200) and I had to save up to do it, but the information was astounding. It graphs your hormone fluxes and levels through your cycle.

On day 10 your estrogen should be rising preparing the egg and your uterus, perhaps you have low estradiol?

I don't know if you're able to do a saliva panel or not, but it absolutely changed my approach to my health this winter - clearly pointed out some trends that were affecting depression all related to hormone balance levels. Kind of crazy but super cool and well worth the money. I can message you my results so you can see what a report offers, if you'd like.

Anyways... I hope you can find something that helps.

#1041 of 1253 Old 12-13-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanVeggie View Post
Hi @Xerxella . Sorry to hear about the spotting. My understanding is spotting anytime other than during AF is a sign of low progesterone; of course barring implantation and ovulation spotting.

I had spotting last month for 4 days prior to AF so I upped my maca powder to 2 TBS and I'll know towards the end of the month if this change has helped.

My BBT temps seem to increase and I think its getting corrected with the maca powder. I also take 1 Raw Thyroid capsule per day and/or eat a little beef liver (gag!!!) once a week and it too seems to be helping my low progesterone/ slightly sluggish thyroid.

Maybe you should consider getting your thyroid checked? My results came back normal but I know mine has slowed based of my inability to lose weight and low energy levels. The Raw Thyroid gives me plenty of energy and keeps my body feeling nice & warm! Good luck to you!
Thanks. But, I haven't ovulated yet. I'm still in the follicular phase so my progesterone should be very low. I've had all my thyroid levels checked a few times (since it seems so common) and they're always perfect. I'll have to look into maca powder. I think I did it before and saw no difference. I just started on B6 which I recently remembered I started on the cycle I conceived my DD. So, hopefully that helps. I tend to have good luteal phases, but B6 is supposed to help regulate that anyways. What does the raw thyroid do? What's in it?

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

#1042 of 1253 Old 12-13-2016, 10:42 AM

Here's a link with helpful information.

http://www.herbalhealer.com/glandulars.html
#1043 of 1253 Old 12-13-2016, 05:10 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18983759

I am interested in your experience with UC. I've had five unassisted and have not found many others in recent years.

Hope your tww goes by swiftly and ends positively.

#1044 of 1253 Old 12-13-2016, 11:20 PM

@caritasrainbow , do you mean my UCs?

#1045 of 1253 Old 12-15-2016, 02:28 PM

Your tag line says unassisted mama, as one who has had five unassisted births, I was asking about your experience. How many unassisted births have you had? Were you alone or with your husband? What led you to birth unassisted? Just always curious at others who make this choice. In real life most people find my choice frightening and weird, lol.

#1046 of 1253 Old 12-15-2016, 10:46 PM

@caritasrainbow Haha! Ah yes I understand. One of my husband's favorite things is to say he caught our daughter. The look on people's faces are so funny.

We had two UCs, we felt led to (or I did and my husband trusts me). Their births were both straight forward, both extremely fast (our daughter was 40 min from contraction 1 to her being out, it was 16 contractions total and I remember where I was for every one of them).

My two UCs were listed here under the birth stories ages ago, but I don't know if they have been recycled by now or not. Would have been 2006 and 2008.

#1047 of 1253 Old 12-16-2016, 04:06 PM

@BirthFree that's superb! I always wished/wanted to try UC. My last was at home with 2 midwives and it was great. I'm not comfortable enough with my own abilities to try UC, but would definitely home birth again.
#1048 of 1253 Old 12-17-2016, 02:49 PM

I had five UCs. I always wanted to solo, but have ended up with my husband there each time. My first was 19 hours I think, cord in a knot and baby pulled herself out with her hand. Lol. Next was born blue and not breathing, shorter labor. Third was a three day labor, which sucked. Next was maybe 16 hours, born with meconium everywhere, and placenta took several hours to come out. Last one I was 43, labor started with bleeding and lasted five days. I did, at one point, have a midwife come check to be sure baby was okay and bleeding was okay. I'd never had a midwife anywhere near me in labor before. So mine were some eventful, but I can not imagine birthing any other way. Last baby was transverse most of my pregnancy and I was distraught over the possibility of having to have help.
Anyway, thanks for sharing! How's the tww going?

#1049 of 1253 Old 12-17-2016, 03:49 PM

My TWW was negative.

I never minded having my husband there. And most of the time he just helped get the pool ready or helped with kids anyways and that enabled me to do my thing with less logistical worrying. When I labor I want that to be my focus.

I have had a homebirth transport, a homebirth, a UC (he was born in water but the pool wasn't ready besides to push him out into the water), another UC, and a homebirth. Surrogate baby was born in the hospital. THAT was tough for me to make peace with, but I had the best doula ever and I was only there for 1/2 hour before she was born (thankfully).

#1050 of 1253 Old 12-17-2016, 04:20 PM

I'm 4DPO and my temps are holding steady the last couple of days at 98.1 F. So I'm just hoping this means I've corrected my low progesterone issue. Just monitoring things going forward and happy to finally temps above 98 F. Also, trying not to symptom spot. 😱

That sucks that your 2WW was negative @BirthFree

Anybody else in the 2WW?

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page