Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 37 - Mothering Forums

108Likes

#1081 of 1163 Old 12-28-2016, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Ok @Xerxella I'll try not to worry. I'm feeling like my body is going the wrong direction when it's been fine before I was wanting it to do something...

'Early' (or earlier) eggs have a hard time, don't they? Not being ready and such?

Mama to 5 amazing little people, and a surrogate mama to another.
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1082 of 1163 Old 12-28-2016, 03:46 PM

Me too @MeanVeggie !

#1083 of 1163 Old 12-29-2016, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 538 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
Ok @Xerxella I'll try not to worry. I'm feeling like my body is going the wrong direction when it's been fine before I was wanting it to do something...

'Early' (or earlier) eggs have a hard time, don't they? Not being ready and such?

I don't know. I think with older eggs they're just more likely to be chromosomally abnormal. I don't think I've ever seen if they're speed to maturity has any impact on their ability to turn into a healthy baby. Like in IVF, if someone needs fewer days to mature the eggs are they less likely to have success than someone who takes longer? I would think there's a range and outside that range is where there are problems. The biggest problems I've heard of are of women who take significantly longer to mature the eggs. It shows that the follicles are resistant to the meds (and the body's natural fsh). I haven't heard any problems from less stimulation needed. Less stimulation needed is generally considered a good thing, so I wouldn't think you'd have any problems, but, that's just my general guess.

AFM : BFFN this morning at 9 dpo. I'll test again tomorrow and at 11 dpo, but if it doesn't go + by 11 dpo, I'll know I'm out.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to AJ 4/07
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

#1084 of 1163 Old 12-29-2016, 12:52 PM

Thank you @Xerxella !
I really hope you get great news tomorrow.
I hate the cusp of too early-maybe... good luck!

#1085 of 1163 Old 12-30-2016, 06:48 AM

Nah. Still negative this morning. Seriously disappointing. It felt like such a good cycle.

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#1086 of 1163 Old 12-30-2016, 08:38 AM

Oh that's so disappointing, I'm sorry.

#1087 of 1163 Old 12-30-2016, 08:41 AM

@BirthFree - Did you get a + opk yet?

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#1088 of 1163 Old 12-30-2016, 09:22 AM

@Xerxella My OPK cheapie sticks sort of suck... so no... they are lighter than a few days ago? No more O pain? I'm weirding out. Last cycle I got it CD12 which will be tomorrow, so I'm still sort of waiting but praying to the gods of egg release that I didn't miss it or something.

#1089 of 1163 Old 01-01-2017, 09:52 AM

Dark + OPK yesterday evening and this am (yay!). I was only able to lay still 15 min after sex, is that long enough?

#1090 of 1163 Old 01-01-2017, 07:26 PM

Hogging this post, sorry...
Top line is test line, bottom is control line - OPK ovulation sticks... darkest yet.

#1091 of 1163 Old 01-02-2017, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Looking good @BirthFree ! Fx for you.
#1092 of 1163 Old 01-03-2017, 07:26 AM

@BirthFree - Those are definitely +! Good luck bd'ing. I think laying on your back as long as possible doesn't hurt anything. Or, just get together at night and then go to sleep.

Where are you at @MeanVeggie ? I'm just waiting for AF to show.

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#1093 of 1163 Old 01-03-2017, 08:03 AM

That's good advice @Xerxella . Sorry AF is on her way. You sure? How many DPO are you?

Good luck @BirthFree .

CD 7 for me. Not much else going on. 😊
#1094 of 1163 Old 01-03-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanVeggie View Post
That's good advice @Xerxella . Sorry AF is on her way. You sure? How many DPO are you?

Good luck @BirthFree .

CD 7 for me. Not much else going on. 😊

Oh, I'm sure. I've been doing this along time. 14 dpo today and I'll stop the progesterone supplements. I tend to have long luteal phases, probably from the progesterone so it'll be a couple more days yet.

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#1095 of 1163 Old 01-03-2017, 11:11 AM

I'm sorry @Xerxella ,

I wish there wasn't so much waiting in TTC... makes me sort of nuts. I hope it's a quick week-ish for you @MeanVeggie
Xerxella likes this.

#1096 of 1163 Old 01-06-2017, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Just checking in. Waiting for AF to arrive sometime today. No signs whatsoever, so possibly another messed up cycle. We did dtd on what I think was o day, but not to completion, dh was tired. I felt slightly disappointed, but strangely slightly relieved as well. I'd really like to lose 27 lbs before i gain a zillion.
As for mature eggs- biggest issue I've had since turning 40 is miscarriage. I never had any fertility issues until my 40s. Then early 40s, no problems getting pregnant, but 2 MMC, and 2 chemicals. Now at 45 I'm finding my cycle all over the place. I guess I'm not actively ttc, and often feel like maybe it's best I just quit. But then I continue my folic acid and n-acetyl just in case I should get pregnant and it might help to keep the pregnancy.
I did get a Ninja blender for Christmas from my mom, so maybe I'll finally start using that maca powder and maybe that'll help regulate my cycles. Also still taking the liquid fish oil as my cm is very little. If I see no change in the next month or so I guess I'll try the Vitex. I realize beggars can't be choosers, but I'd rather give birth late spring, summer, so I feel like I've got some wiggle room to figure things out.
Off topic- we don't vax here, except my 14 yo is currently getting some, very few, in order to not have to get a zillion at once when he joins the military after highschool. So anyway, we've had illness in the house since the weekend thanksgiving and my youngest tested positive for both HPIV and HIB over break. Scary stuff that HIB. She's on the mend finally, now my 16 yo is ill, debating whether to head to the dr or...
So ttc/tta I'm out until possible O around the 20th. I'm really just watching cm and o pains, have not yet gone the route of opks.
Which would be right around the end of your tww birthfree, I believe? Best wishes!

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & dd 8/14
#1097 of 1163 Old 01-06-2017, 09:13 AM

Hi @caritasrainbow - We're on the same cycle about. Today is CD1 for me. We don't vax at this time either. I'm sure we'll get some at some point. HIB is scary stuff, but I understand that it lives in most of our respiratory tracts without causing any problems. It's only when it becomes invasive that it causes problems. I had to just look it up. I think after 4 years old, the vax isn't even recommended. So, it doesn't sound like it's a risk for your 16 year old, if she's generally healthy otherwise. (((Hugs))) Striking out on your own isn't easy. We had a bout of pertussis run through the house a couple years back (vaccinated me included) and it was scary stuff especially for the baby.

Anyways, I'm looking to O around the same time, so we'll see how the cycle goes.

@BirthFree - I think you would've ovulated around 1/2/17, so about 4 dpo-ish today? When will you test? (I'm a POAS-pusher. So, watch out.)

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#1098 of 1163 Old 01-06-2017, 11:26 AM

Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC!

Yeah 3-4dpo @Xerxella . I am a pee stick person too! Next Thurs...
Xerxella likes this.

#1099 of 1163 Old 01-09-2017, 07:40 AM

So, what does a short and very heavy period mean? Anything? It seems different this month. It was crazy heavy, clotty, a mess on Friday and Saturday and then yesterday and today, just a little spotting. I'll call it light, but it's barely that. Any thoughts on that?

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#1100 of 1163 Old 01-09-2017, 08:39 AM

Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC!

https://www.floliving.com/guide-interpreting-period/
@Xerxella

Could be elevated estrogen or just your liver needing some support. I would do the milk thistle herb and acupuncture if you have the option/choice, but that's my guess...

That's never fun, I'm sorry.

#1101 of 1163 Old 01-09-2017, 08:53 AM

I started adding Vitex (1000mg) before bedtime and I've noticed almost no clotting and an additional day of flow. I did have more cramping than usual but still, just about 4 small clots in 4 days of AF. Otherwise, still about 28 ~ 30 days between AF and LP has remained consistent at 14 days. My moods are better as well. Spotting has also stopped completely. I noticed a difference on the herb almost immediately. This may help you as well @Xerxella . Good luck!

AFM - I'm going to O anyday now. Still going back & forth between wanting (mostly not wanting) another LO. . . but, that's been my norm.

How's everyone else?
BirthFree likes this.
#1102 of 1163 Old 01-09-2017, 09:36 AM

I'm in the 2ww. : so boring :
I will take the next 2m off if we don't have a + this month. So fingers crossed.

Thinking of you ladies.

#1103 of 1163 Old 01-09-2017, 09:50 AM

2WW is super boring @BirthFree . Hopefully you'll get a + early so you won't have to be bored the entire wait. 😊 KMFX!!
#1104 of 1163 Old 01-09-2017, 10:25 AM

Thanks all. It's weird. It's like my body just condensed the whole 4 days into 2. So, it's not a heavier period, per se. Odd. But, it was a good chance to talk to my dd about menstrual cycles as I'm cleaning up..... I like it when those natural opportunities happen. I'd be glad if it's higher estrogen. My E2 tends to run lower than it should. Since I did IVF it was monitored repeatedly throughout a bunch of cycles. Low E2 also correlates with poor quality eggs (which was certainly true for me.)

@MeanVeggie - So, will you try this month?

@BirthFree - Why will you take the next 2 months off, if you don't mind me asking?

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#1105 of 1163 Old 01-10-2017, 10:02 AM

@Xerxella Because of potential birthday/schedule issues for our family. And I might take that time to soul search and see if I can just let it go...

#1106 of 1163 Old 01-10-2017, 01:10 PM

I'll try because I promised myself that I would do what I could to make sure DS (just turned 2) has a sibiling to play with. Trying to take myself out of the equation and do what I hope is best for the family in the long run. In the event we do get preggo, this will have to be the last LO. Good luck ladies!
#1107 of 1163 Old 01-11-2017, 06:46 AM

Omg there is a faint colored line on my test today! I'm shaking!!
Nazsmum and Xerxella like this.

#1108 of 1163 Old 01-11-2017, 09:10 AM

I see it @BirthFree ! Congratulations!!!!!!
BirthFree likes this.
#1109 of 1163 Old 01-11-2017, 10:00 AM

Oh. Am. Gee. @BirthFree - I totally see it. What dpo are you? I remember you're an early tester.

Eeek! So exciting!
BirthFree likes this.

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

#1110 of 1163 Old 01-11-2017, 10:18 AM

@MeanVeggie Thank you!
@Xerxella Thank you! Yeah I do tend to test early. I'm 8-9dpo. My chart says 8dpo but I was sick one of the days and literally slept in 45 minute chunks so my temperature didn't show a real rise until the next day - but I think I ovulated that day... so I think I'm the morning of 9dpo.

I am in a bit of disbelief, I admit...
Xerxella likes this.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page