Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 41 - Mothering Forums

131Likes

#1201 of 1228 Old 03-21-2017, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi ladies! 😁

I'm doing good. 😊 8DPO and FF is saying I had an implementation dip at 6DPO. I had the dip with DS at 6DPO as well, and we DTD 4 days before O so I was shocked when I was indeed pregnant.

This time I'm not KMFX. We BD 2 days before O and not certain DHs swimmers will last that long this time around. I'm at peace with what happens, happens.

Glad you are trying to relax and do what you need to keep stress down @BirthFree !

@Xerxella I've been preggo from a lackluster attempt so....good luck, definitely possible.
BirthFree likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1202 of 1228 Old 03-21-2017, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't realize this group existed. I'm new to this forum and I recently started my own thread looking for advice and opinions. This is what I posted: "I'm almost 40. We cosleep. My son is 13.5 months and still nurse mostly at night. My husband and I are TTC for #2 . The problem is I still have not start my first post postpartum period and I'm not will to wean. I'm feeling pressure because of my age. I'm hoping to catch the first egg. I'm taking supplements and using OPK like a crazy woman. Any other women in the same boat or do you have any advice for me?" Is it OK for me to join this thread? Or is it better to continue with my own thread.
#1203 of 1228 Old 03-22-2017, 06:59 AM

Hi @superseeps and welcome! Happy you found us 😁 please feel free to post anything here.

I don't have much advice for your particular situation, but I'd suggest looking into vitex to help bring AF along.

#1204 of 1228 Old 03-22-2017, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 546 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
@BirthFree - Let us know the results of your blood draw! Thinking about you!

@MeanVeggie - You give me hope! But, I think the fever is super bad for swimmers. And, seriously, with a lackluster effort (and I had to be on top, TMI) would any swimmers that got out have made it to the cervix? It all seems unlikely to have worked.

@superseeps - You're absolutely welcome here and you can keep your new post. I don't have any direct advice for you. My pp periods were always very uneven at first. I'd watch for fertile cm and bd as much as possible overall. I hope you get lucky quickly! I see you're in China. I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you not subject to the one child policy? I heard they relaxed requirements, but I don't know exactly what that means.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to AJ 4/07
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Genevieve 5/09

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

Last edited by Xerxella; 03-22-2017 at 07:40 AM.
#1205 of 1228 Old 03-22-2017, 07:38 AM

I was on top too.
Xerxella likes this.
#1206 of 1228 Old 03-22-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanVeggie View Post
I was on top too.

In the interest in full disclosure, I was on top when we conceived my eldest. And, we got together one time in the fertile period about a day before ovulation +/- 1. But, things seemed to be where they needed to be, IYKWIM. This time, it all barely worked..... TMI?

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

#1207 of 1228 Old 03-22-2017, 08:12 AM

I understand. KMFX for you!
#1208 of 1228 Old 03-22-2017, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
5w0d: 13,347.0
Holy crap that makes me feel sooooooooooooo much better!! Totally worth the doing the draw!!
Xerxella and MeanVeggie like this.

Mama to 5 amazing little people, and a surrogate mama to another.
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama
#1209 of 1228 Old 03-22-2017, 03:31 PM

Yay @BirthFree !!!
BirthFree likes this.
#1210 of 1228 Old 03-22-2017, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post
@BirthFree - Let us know the results of your blood draw! Thinking about you!

@MeanVeggie - You give me hope! But, I think the fever is super bad for swimmers. And, seriously, with a lackluster effort (and I had to be on top, TMI) would any swimmers that got out have made it to the cervix? It all seems unlikely to have worked.

@superseeps - You're absolutely welcome here and you can keep your new post. I don't have any direct advice for you. My pp periods were always very uneven at first. I'd watch for fertile cm and bd as much as possible overall. I hope you get lucky quickly! I see you're in China. I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you not subject to the one child policy? I heard they relaxed requirements, but I don't know exactly what that means.
I'm an American expat living and working in China. Expat are not subject to the one child policy. Yes, it's true they are more relaxed now. You are allowed to have 2 children and if you can afford you can have as many as you want. You just don't receive government help after 2 children.
#1211 of 1228 Old 03-23-2017, 09:58 AM

@BirthFree - Woohoo!!!!!!! Great number!

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

#1212 of 1228 Old 03-24-2017, 03:45 PM

Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC!

Do you ladies know what affects progesterone in pregnancy? Like blood draw to blood draw?

(Numbers were 23,945.0 at 23dpo (5w2d))

Last edited by BirthFree; 03-25-2017 at 06:38 PM.
#1213 of 1228 Old 03-27-2017, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Can I join this thread only being 38?

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama to Junebug
, Sugarbug
, booboo
and TTC
#1214 of 1228 Old 03-27-2017, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTwo View Post
Can I join this thread only being 38?

There's only a few of us over-40-ers here, I don't see why joining would be a problem.

#1215 of 1228 Old 03-28-2017, 12:00 PM

Hello.

I am a almost 38yr old. I have three kids- 11, 7, 2.
I am still pumping at two years. My supply took a dip awhile back, so I started domperidone. I haven't had a period since. I think I'm still ovulating though? CM changes. I just started taking my bbt again. It recently has gone to a higher temp. I don't know if I should stop the dom? My supply will dip but I know that I will start AF again. Could I ovulate with AF?

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama to Junebug
, Sugarbug
, booboo
and TTC
#1216 of 1228 Old 03-28-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTwo View Post
Hello.

I am a almost 38yr old. I have three kids- 11, 7, 2.

I am still pumping at two years. My supply took a dip awhile back, so I started domperidone. I haven't had a period since. I think I'm still ovulating though? CM changes. I just started taking my bbt again. It recently has gone to a higher temp. I don't know if I should stop the dom? My supply will dip but I know that I will start AF again. Could I ovulate with AF?

Well you can have cm changed without ovulating. Are you ttc? If so, and the dom is keeping you from ovulating then maybe? Depends what your priority is (milk production or ttc) more, probably.

#1217 of 1228 Old 03-28-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
Well you can have cm changed without ovulating. Are you ttc? If so, and the dom is keeping you from ovulating then maybe? Depends what your priority is (milk production or ttc) more, probably.
I'm struggling with it :/
I'm thinking weaning off the Dom and just see what happens. I did notice today when I wiped I had faint pink af. I know that AF will return if I stop dom.

, Sugarbug
, booboo
and TTC
#1218 of 1228 Old 03-29-2017, 03:12 PM

Just one baby and one heartbeat measured 6w... so high hcg (23,945 at 5w2d) is either so so outside of normal-random or a sign of something else. Who knows. It is what it is.

The ultrasound director was HORRIBLE, but I'm so upset I don't want to go into why. But I'm filing a complaint.

#1219 of 1228 Old 03-30-2017, 03:59 AM

@onewithtwo - There's so few of us here, another friendly face is definitely welcome. I don't know much about dom so I really can't answer your questions, sorry.
#1220 of 1228 Old 03-30-2017, 04:01 AM

@birthfree - yeah for one heartbeat!!!!! So excited for you. Some people just have high hcg. It might just mean nothing other than a healthy pregnancy. I'm so sorry about the u/s tech. What a f-ing asshat to ruin your beautiful day.
BirthFree likes this.
#1221 of 1228 Old 03-30-2017, 09:34 AM

@Xerxella Oh man I was so mad. I've been waiting for that for 19 months! Grrrr...

I know just high is ok and a variable, it's also the speed of doubling that's way outside of normal. But it's not something I can control either.

I guess I should move to the other board...
Can I still lurk and comment here with you ladies?

#1222 of 1228 Old 03-30-2017, 09:44 AM

@BirthFree you don't have to move to the other boards unless you want. I'd like for us all to remain supportive of whatever happens.

I had a horrible ultrasound tech...no details either, but I wanted to hurt this woman.
In the end I only cried but happy your filed a complaint. I should have also.

Welcome @OneWithTwo 😁
#1223 of 1228 Old 03-31-2017, 01:52 PM

So I've been charting my bbt for a month, I have that down. Also charting CM change.
My issue is I don't have AF because of breastfeeding and domperidone. I've weaned down my domperidone and also to just two pumping sessions a day. My goal is to completely stop the domperidone.
I decided that I'm just going to do ovulation tests daily, at least for now.
I've been taking folic acid prescribed by my Dr, so today I bought other supplements I heard helps.
I bought evening primrose oil, b6, prenatals, children's aspirin, and a girl at the store recommended Femmenessence.
According to my temps and CM, I have 12 days to test for pregnancy. I doubt it will be a pos. Just have to get on track now.

, Sugarbug
, booboo
and TTC
#1224 of 1228 Old 03-31-2017, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
#1225 of 1228 Old 04-06-2017, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 39 and we have been ttc for over a year for our first. We can't afford IVF right now so trying natural conception enhancing methods. Just found this forum.
#1226 of 1228 Old 04-07-2017, 07:11 PM

Hi and welcome @moonsol ! Sorry to hear about your TTC challenges, but there's plenty of time at 39. I had my last at 39.5.
#1227 of 1228 Old 04-22-2017, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Mind if I join?

I used to post here way back when my kids were little. They are now 17, 19, 22, and 24. Now I'm TTC again at 45 after just losing my youngest at 39 weeks.

AnnMarie
45 & 60 and starting over.

I have 3, he has 4, and we had
Aidan 2/9/17

for another
#1228 of 1228 Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM

Hi @AnnMarie 😊

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I hope your family gets the support it needs through this challenging time. I had a late term loss around 28 weeks. My heart goes out to you. 😘😘

We seem to have feast or famine on this forum (as I'm sure you're well aware, as a previous poster), but you are most welcome to join us!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page