Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 42 - Mothering Forums

137Likes

#1231 of 1241 Old 04-26-2017, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Ah @Xerxella I'm sorry... That would feel so frustrating!! Do you have anything you feel like you want or need to add to what you are doing or are you good with what you have? Honestly the "do all the things" really can just be insane stressful with ttc...

I don't have any new pictures really... I had hcg numbers drawn last week expecting that they had maybe leveled out now that the second empty sack was probably absorbing, but they're still really elevated outside of normal. I have had to pull up my big girl undies and just focus on what I DO know right now... which is I'm still pg (10w this week) and there's no sense in panicking about something I don't know yet (abnormalities).

I have my NIPT genetic/gender screen bloodwork taken tomorrow, and in two weeks, a super good maternal-fetal-medicine ultrasound.

What I really really really want in my heart of hearts is the twin sack to have a magical growing baby in it along with the peanut we saw last time, for this upcoming scan, but if I can't have that, I'll take one very healthy baby, of course!
(I'm a twin).

I am grateful, and hopeful. I'll let you know if the genetic screen is ok and share a picture... I think I won't get results back for at least a week, maybe longer...
Xerxella likes this.

Mama to 5 amazing little people, and a surrogate mama to another.
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1232 of 1241 Old 04-26-2017, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi ladies. I'm in the same boat, no positive since we started TTC. So....I stopped temping and taking HPT. Not sure if it's worth still trying. I go through the motions, but don't expect much at this point. I've made peace with it, but don't think DH has/will. 😟 I'll be 42 in a few short months so, what will be will be.

I keeping my fingers crossed for you though @Xerxella ! 😜

@BirthFree do keep us updated! I pray that your scan will reveal 2 healthy beans. ❤💙❤💙 Be good to yourself.

Last edited by MeanVeggie; 04-26-2017 at 01:49 PM.
#1233 of 1241 Old 05-05-2017, 03:56 PM

Our genetic screen was totally normal and... it's a girl!!!

We cried big huge happy tears together.
Nazsmum and Xerxella like this.

#1234 of 1241 Old 05-11-2017, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanVeggie View Post
Hi @superseeps and welcome! Happy you found us 😁 please feel free to post anything here.

I don't have much advice for your particular situation, but I'd suggest looking into vitex to help bring AF along.
I'm new here also @superseeps ...very early in the process of TTC. I'm 39 and he's 36, but still feel a bit of pressure. Just stopped taking the pill and all seems normal so far. Tried this past ovulation, so fingers crossed!!! Excited and nervous all at the same time.
#1235 of 1241 Old 05-12-2017, 05:48 AM

Hi @lizzabeth . Welcome and good luck.

Last edited by MeanVeggie; 05-12-2017 at 05:52 AM.
#1236 of 1241 Old 05-13-2017, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thank you.

I'm on CD 58 and getting very frustrated. I've ordered my own blood work and I'm having my hormones tested on Monday. Depending on what I find I'll decide then if I need to involve my doctor or not. I hate going unless it's absolutely necessary.

PS- How do you get it to link to a person's name? Do you use the @ and it'll do it by itself?

AnnMarie
45 & 60 and starting over.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have 3, he has 4, and we had
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aidan 2/9/17

for another
#1237 of 1241 Old 05-13-2017, 10:30 PM

@AnnMarie - you have to type it (the name) yourself

#1238 of 1241 Old 05-15-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
@AnnMarie - you have to type it (the name) yourself

@BirthFree <-- I meant would what I just did tag you? I think it's this though.... @BirthFree Or maybe that's not right either?

AnnMarie

Aidan 2/9/17

for another
#1239 of 1241 Old 05-15-2017, 08:31 AM

I guess they both work. lol
BirthFree likes this.

AnnMarie

Aidan 2/9/17

for another
#1240 of 1241 Old 05-18-2017, 05:50 AM

Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
@BirthFree - Awesome news!!!! Wow! A little girl. How wonderful. Do you have a mix of boys and girls now? I think you've had the u/s by now. Hopefully, everything comes out ok.

Hi @AnnMarie and @lizzabeth - Hopefully you are both successful quickly.

@MeanVeggie - How's it going for you?

@superseeps - How are you doing?

AFM - I threw everything at this cycle and I'm 2 dpo today, so we'll see how it goes. Next cycle, we'll just try on our own and then the cycle after that I think we'll put back our last frozen embryo. It's a genetically normal boy. (But, we put back a genetically normal girl nine months ago and just got a chemical pregnancy.) After that we're done. It'll be time to hang up the old uterus and move on.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

#1241 of 1241 Old 05-19-2017, 08:39 AM

@Xerxella sorry to hear about your chemical. I hope this cycle is better for you. How are you emotionally?

I'm not focused on TTC most of the month, but I am 10 dpo and had a bfn. Why I tested? I think it's habit. I have about 5 tests and figured I'll just use them up. Maybe 41.5 is just too late for me to get pregnant again. I still have mixed emotions...but what will be, will be.

I laughed 🤣at the "old uterus" comment. About time to hang my old one up too?

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page