Aviva Method, anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi all, wave.gif

I just learned about the Aviva Method... apparently it's a series of exercises that have a significant impact on hormones and blood flow to the reproductive organs, and can be used to regulate menstruation and help with getting and staying pregnant. The claims of success are pretty intriguing... stories of long-missing periods brought on, cysts and fibroids dissolved, and up to 80% success for women previously struggling with getting pregnant. It's widely practiced in Europe and Israel, but not in the US as far as I can tell. 

Of course, I'm dying to try this! However, I can't find anyone teaching it in the US, nor any videos available for learning it. I did find a downloadable e-book, which I'm thinking about buying.

Have any of you wonderful women tried this? If so, I'd love to hear about your experiences. And, if there's anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area out there who could teach this to me and any other interested women, give me a shout!

Blessings namaste.gif

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#2 of 5 Old 01-31-2013, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi LitMama, 

I learned the Aviva Method exercises many years ago while living in Europe. 

I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and only had a few periods a year since I was 14. When I was doing the exercises it brought on my periods every month. I then went onto have a successful natural pregnancy, even though it's supposed to be difficult for women with PCOS to get pregnant. Anyway, life got busy and I must admit I haven't been doing the exercises frequently but when I do them I can most definitely tell the difference.

I recommended the exercises to a friend who ended up learning it via Skype by one of the instructors in Europe so you could always do that if you can't find it in the US.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

#3 of 5 Old 01-31-2013, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd really like to know what you find out because I am quite interested! If you do end up buying the e book let us know how you like it!
#4 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Vik32,

Thanks for your note! How encouraging and exciting to hear that the Aviva Method seems to have worked out so well for you. Thanks for letting me know how your friend learned it, that's a great idea. I contacted a couple of different instructors to ask them about distance learning via Skype or some other way. I've also emailed the instructor who offers the e-book to ask if it's in English. If so, I'll be downloading it soon.

Hi jjh5351,

I will definitely keep you posted! I'm determined to find a way to learn this. More info to come soon, I hope... stay tuned.

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#5 of 5 Old 03-22-2013, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

I found two sources where you can purchase the books -- one in London and one in Canada -- and the instructors have said they are willing to answer questions and maybe provide coaching via telephone, chat or Skype. Yay!

I plan to purchase the books soon and learn it myself. Will let you all know how it goes! If anyone in the SF Bay Area is interested in learning together, please send me a PM. (I love the idea of a group getting together to learn this in a park or something, but my schedule is super crunchy, so not sure if that would work... but worth exploring anyway).

I asked one of the instructors if it could help with my issues -- low progesterone, early ovulation, a previous ectopic pregnancy (so, keeping the tubes clear), and fertility in general. She said yes, it would help with all of those things, and that I should practice a few times a week for 6 months to see results. I'm all over it.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page