Very faint pink BFP (or possible evap) last night, and BFN the next day. both First Response tests. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OK so last night I took a test and got the above result, it wasn't right away but this was at about 10-13 mins after I took the test. Well now the line is a lot darker and clearly pink. So I took another test this morning with FMU and this is it below (the light in my bathroom is more yellow).

So now im really confused...maybe the first is an evap. my cycles are from 31-36 days and today is day 36...no AF. been having cramping for about a week, sore bbs, bad lower back ache and very hormonal. But this is just what I would expect with AF coming (except sore bbs). One thing thats different is I haven't slept properly in a week, waking up multiple times, vivid traumatizing nightmares, loads of dreams, wake up with a full bladder half way through the night.

any one have anything similar?

#2 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 02:42 PM

I have seen something similar, not for myself.  Just recently someone was PG and their afternoon test was really faint, their next day FMU test was white.  But the next time they tested was a slightly darker BFP.

Although FMU is supposed to be more concentrated I have heard several times of afternoon urine resulting in darker tests.  Try again tomorrow, I think.  Or give it an extra day or two if it'll make it seem more certain that it'll show.

I think your first test is a clear positive, not an evap.

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#3 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 03:11 PM

Hi Melissa, if you go read the January 2013 TWW thread, you can see this is EXACTLY what happened to Dahlia over there a few days ago--after a faint BFP she got BFN.  And she is getting clear BFPs now       jumpers.gif 

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1371188/january-2013-tww-thread/860

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#4 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 05:20 PM

I've found that I get better result with SMU (second morning urine) as long as I don't drink anything. 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#5 of 5 Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 AM

I don't think the first is evap because it definitely looks pink to me! I am on my phone so it could be distorted but I agree that maybe the SMU is better for you!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page