February TWW Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have decided to quit thinking about maybes and just assume AF is on her way, due for her tomorrow.

I get nothing but BFNs that even I have to admit would need imaginoscopes to see a second line on.

I can see the manufactured line, by tilting the test, but that line shows up even with water and it's not colored.

But my nipples actually have changed back to normal. They really were darkened and larger, but are now perfectly normal, and all sensitivity and swelling has gone away.

Question for those checking CM: (TMI alert) it was all gelatinous and white-streaked and made me wonder if a yeast infection were coming on (I almost never get them, maybe a few times in my life) but it wasn't the feta cheese texture that real yeast infections are...maybe it was just getting started ? I cleaned all of it out, then hit it with straight rice vinegar (stung a little but has worked for me in the past) and it's gone today. 

What I have today is a firm, tightly closed cervix (which I have had while pg) and very very dry sticky white scanty CM.

Alas, it looks like CM tells us nothing at all about whether we are pg. And I am still getting total BFNs, so I am telling myself, that if AF is significantly late, I'll test again then.

Was amazed that Blonhrt88 got nothing but BFNs for so long, and then BFP 2.5 weeks after AF was due! WOW. But trying not to even go there because that's pretty rare, isn't it?

Congrats to all the newly expecting mamas, and Fx to all doing the BD, and still in the 2WW. 

I think I'm out, but the show isn't over til the Aunt shows up, right?

40ish homeschool.gif trekkie.gif guitar.gifhbac.gifnovaxnocirc.gif raising 3 kids with the help of their loving father.

#422 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 AM

Well Im out, m/c last night after spotting all day yesterday. Would have been 6 weeks today so still early but incredibly disappointed after two years of TTC. I have blood tests to do today and friday. Much love and baby dust to everyone. We'll see about next month :( :( :(.

#423 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 AM

deli21, I'm so very, very sorry about your loss.  It must be so heartbreaking after trying for so long.  My thoughts are with you; wishing you love and peace.

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#424 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh no, I'm so very sorry for your loss deli.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#425 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 10:10 AM

Deli, I'm so sorry for your loss. Big hugs and love to you

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#426 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 AM

Very sorry, Deli. It is especially hard for those who have been working at it for so long. Hoping you'll be there next cycle with good news.

40ish homeschool.gif trekkie.gif guitar.gifhbac.gifnovaxnocirc.gif raising 3 kids with the help of their loving father.

#427 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Deli Big hug2.gif to you. I am so, so sorry. Please take time to rest, process and grieve this loss. Wishing you much peace and comfort.

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#428 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 AM

Thanks for the love and support Mamamash!! Feeling really good about our chances this cycle. I had a full Ob/Gyn workup at the start of this cycle which showed everything was aok and normal. Managed to BD in 4 of the 5 days of my fertile window (far more than in previous cycles). And I tried out Guafenesin, to thin and increase my CM. It certainly did just that. OMG, my EWCM was quite, uh,  abundant! Sorry, I know that really is TMI, but it was such a surprise! I thought I had more than adequate EWCM but with the Guafenesin, it was truly an amazing amount. So, I am 6 DPO and waiting, waiting, waiting... I doubt I'll be able to hold out past Sunday, when I'll be 10 DPO. I am so glad to hear you are well (yeah for 12 weeks!!) and that the morning sickness is easing up. That and the exhaustion are draining but I am glad you already know there's a light ahead. I so thoroughly enjoyed both my second and third trimesters!! I loved getting big and round and obviously pregnant. I felt like a big, ripe peach!

Thanks for hanging out to cheer me on!  hug.gif I hope to have great news to share very soon joy.gif

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

#429 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 11:15 AM

Primal, wishing you good chocolate and good success when the time comes!

#430 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 11:48 AM

Im so sad to see all the losses here greensad.gif life is def cruel sometimes. Wishing you all the very best. Speedy recoveries and sticky bfp very soon
#431 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 11:53 AM

So sorry Renaissance and Deli. greensad.gif

You're in our stillheart.gif's. Wishing you peace and healing. 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#432 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 11:54 AM

Yay Blonhrt! Come join us in the October DDC! joy.gif

That must have been so frustrating! 

Glad you finally got your confirmation. 

Originally Posted by Blonhrt88 View Post

Thanks everybody, sorry again for no updates. I still can't BELEIVE it took two and a half weeks to get a bfp after AF was due, just horrible, lol.

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#433 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hugs deli - as the ladies have said please take time to nurture and heal yourself - whichever way is best for you.

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#434 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Mama mash- wow 12 weeks already! I've only been on here since nov/dec but I'm sure you were one of the first bfp's I saw.... Sparkle I'm sure yours is in the water, and you'll be joining them soon.
Blonhart does that make you around 6.5 weeks? So you and dahlia are really quite close timing wise 😃 lol it seems so right that you are both pg in the same cycle after all... Here's to all those wonderful babies that are coming from this thread!
Hugs to those in limbo, and the tww... I feel inspired - if blonhart can make a 4.5+ wait the tww can't be that bad for the rest of us can it?

Afm - dh and I are getting over the flu now and ready to get started! I'm just hoping that it didn't delay things too much 😜

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#435 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 01:42 PM

Deli- I am so so sorry for your loss. That's absolutely devastating- especially after 6 weeks. I hope your heart is healing.

Sparkle- I've had a sinus infection so I've been taking mucinex and OMG so much EWCM here too and I'm not even scheduled to O until probably next Weds. I'm heading home today and in my fertile window so I am going to try for a whole week of BD lol! I suppose being sick gave me a bit of help this time... Who would have thunk!
#436 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Deli - I'm so sorry. greensad.gif

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#437 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 PM

Good luck Chuord!! I'm rooting for you mama!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#438 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquess78 View Post

So i bought a pack of Answers...and got none, lol. Same as frer. Pink line within 2 min. Its drying now and looks like a big false positive :/ makes me angry. I took pics at the time limit and just a sec ago

I can really see the line in this one, I couldn't in your other pics. I know sometimes it's harder to see it in pics, I couldn't get my first faint line to show up at all. I hope you find something out soon :)

#439 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM

Thanks :) I really hope I find something out soon too. Even though I dont expect to find out Im pregnant when I go to the dr, it will still be heartbreaking. I want to be pg. I want to trust the tests ive taken. I want to walk into the dr on friday and ask them to do a test and be confident that it will be positive. BUT the only tests that are positive are FRER and Answer, which i have a sordid past with.  Im just not there. I want to see an obvious line in the morning. a big fat, not questionable line. surely if the test is getting darker that could mean something. surely. IDK. Well, back to my English paper.......

#440 of 654 Old 02-20-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleMaman View Post

Thanks for the love and support Mamamash!! Feeling really good about our chances this cycle. I had a full Ob/Gyn workup at the start of this cycle which showed everything was aok and normal. Managed to BD in 4 of the 5 days of my fertile window (far more than in previous cycles). And I tried out Guafenesin, to thin and increase my CM. It certainly did just that. OMG, my EWCM was quite, uh,  abundant! Sorry, I know that really is TMI, but it was such a surprise! I thought I had more than adequate EWCM but with the Guafenesin, it was truly an amazing amount. So, I am 6 DPO and waiting, waiting, waiting... I doubt I'll be able to hold out past Sunday, when I'll be 10 DPO. I am so glad to hear you are well (yeah for 12 weeks!!) and that the morning sickness is easing up. That and the exhaustion are draining but I am glad you already know there's a light ahead. I so thoroughly enjoyed both my second and third trimesters!! I loved getting big and round and obviously pregnant. I felt like a big, ripe peach!

Thanks for hanging out to cheer me on!  hug.gif I hope to have great news to share very soon joy.gif

can you share how you're taking Guafenesin?

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#441 of 654 Old 02-21-2013, 12:54 AM

Marquess I see it in the last one too. Fx that it's for real this time!!

Ladyelms I took 12 hour extended release tabs of 400mg Guafenesin. I chose a generic brand, "Mucus Relief Chest," from Walmart with ONLY Guafenesin as an active ingredient (Mucinex is a brand name but be careful about the various formulations). That is the only real caution, do NOT use mutli-symptom cold/allergy medicines, as most other meds dry up CM. Guafenesin thins nasal and chest secretions, making it easier to bring them up. Does the same for CM. I used it twice a day when I got an almost positive OPK, which ended up being 3 days before O, through my temp rise confirming O. You can use it longer. The idea is it increases the amount and quality of CM, making it easier for sperm to survive until O. I've heard such good things about it and so many mamas on here who have had great success. I will let you know exactly what I think in about a week winky.gif But seriously, it increased my EWCM a ton. GL!

#442 of 654 Old 02-21-2013, 05:12 AM

took my last FRER. this is the first time I have ever been relieved to see a BFN. at least now I know the others were bogus and I wont go into my appt tomorrow with any false expectations.

#443 of 654 Old 02-21-2013, 05:35 AM

Really sorry Marquess, but I'm glad you got an answer at least! Hugs to you!

#444 of 654 Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 AM

Me too, Marquess. greensad.gif Perhaps your provider will have some insight tomorrow hug2.gif

wave.gifDahlia!! Thinking of you and sending lots of goodvibes.gifand om.gif to you today for your appointment. I did not get an ultrasound until ~17 weeks, anatomical scan. My provider group only did earlier scans for dates (if unsure) or any suspected complications. I did however work in Labor & Delivery and also in an OB office at the time and had 2 unofficial checks, for my own reassurance before then. I do wonder if you ask, explaining that you're anxious and why (previous loss), if they might go ahead and do a quick scan for peace of mind. I do know how much that eased my own anxieties (I know I have shared that I am indeed a worrier). And some unsolicited advice, you might want to write down any questions you have before heading to your appointment. I know I always forget what I wanted to know as soon as I walk in the door! I am positive everything will check out great and be reassuring hug.gif Please let us know later about it!!

Chourd Sending lots of dust.gif your way. Happy BDing!!

How are you doing, Katie? You've been very quiet. Hoping that means you've got your mellow on and are not obsessing like some of us 2whistle.gif

AFM 7 DPO. Feeling pretty calm, cool and collected. I've only spent a little time googling symptoms, such an obsessive, time sucking past time during the TWW!! I cannot believe how every month things feel so different. WTH? I mostly feel nothing special, but then I'll notice something... creamy CM (not too unusual, though more quantity-wise), some mild, dull cramping which started yesterday and my breasts have been really sore since 4 DPO (yesterday they were really painful actually, which is odd).  shrug.gif  As always, nothing conclusive either way. The up side, only 7 more days to go!! I don't think I'd do too well with a 4 1/2 week wait like you, Blonhrt lol.gif

#445 of 654 Old 02-21-2013, 07:03 AM

Morning ladies!

Huge hugs, deli.  I'm so, so sorry. 

Also hugs to you, marquess. I had a nasty evap last cycle and it really bummed me out. Hope your appt is good today.

Dahlia, hope your appt is good and you get to have an US. It usually doesn't take much convincing for them to order one.

Blonhrt, wow!!! Congrats!!  That's a crazy story! So do you think you just ov'd later than you thought? Seems like the only reasonable explanation. So glad you got your BFP, even if it was late! Must have been a torturous couple of weeks. But with a great reward! 

Chourd - I hope this is your cycle!

Sparkle - I hope those symptoms turn into your BFP! FX. I have really good feelings for you this cycle! 

AFM - Just hanging out. I've been reading along on my phone but it's just so annoying to write on it. Not too much to add as well! 5 DPO and just chilling. Having my waves of thinking maybe we should just wait a year and try then but then we get a bigger gap and who knows how long it will take us anyhow since I'm not getting any younger and this doesn't seem to happen for us now like it did the first time so I just don't know. Life just feels so settled sometimes and thinking about rocking the boat with a pregnancy and infant is tough. But for this cycle it is what it is and we will see! I will certainly be elated if we get our BFP. Sometimes it just feels like there's never a good time. I've been doing my progesterone for the past couple of days and we definitely BD'd enough so I feel like we have the best possible chances this cycle. We shall see! Too early for symptom spotting and I feel like the ambivalence has tempered my insanity pretty well. I think I'll make it until March to test. 

Phew. Hope everyone has a great day! 

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#446 of 654 Old 02-21-2013, 07:08 AM

Thanks for the advice, sparkle smile.gif I plan to ask her to try the Doppler to see if we can hear the heartbeat.

#447 of 654 Old 02-21-2013, 10:38 AM

Still waiting for AF, no sign of her (weird for me, as I usually cramp a week or so before AF), but nothing but BFN. 

Blonhrt, did you have symptoms up until you got your BFP, or none?

I would have no belief that I can be expecting anything but a late AF, except I have (gross alert!) yellow/white globs of springy CM and a really tightly sealed cervix (which I have only ever felt like this before, when I was pg). 

It's messing with my head, and I just want to have a drink or two and watch a movie with the hubby and stop wondering and waiting despite completely negative test results.

#448 of 654 Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 AM

Dahlia, don't be surprised if she doesn't get the doppler out. This early it's incredibly unlikely you'll hear anything and it will probably just serve to make you nervous!

Hugs, crunchy. That is so tough!! Hopefully you have a shy bean in there. FX. 

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

#449 of 654 Old 02-21-2013, 11:18 AM

Mind if I join you all?  You all seem to be tight knit, and I may be TTC long-hauler.  DH had a vasectomy reversal on 01/25/13, and this is our first month TTC in 5 years (when we got pregnant with our 3rd child).  I'm 6 DPO and have been cramping since 1 DPO and have had a rough backache the last 2 days. I know it's too early for PG symptoms, but the cramping and backaches are making it hard for me to distract myself.  :)

We are a family of Jesus loving urban-nesters living the granola life in a not-so-crunchy city.  Our kids (DS 8, DS 7, DD 4) are home birthed and educated, and we just found out that a new Little will be added to our roost mid-April '14!

#450 of 654 Old 02-21-2013, 11:56 AM

Welcome, truelife! Hopefully your stay will be short! 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page