February TWW Thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
And Wondfos, am on bottom, pm on top.

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wheee!!! I see it if I tilt my phone just right sparkle!! I had such good feelings for you this cycle. So exciting! Can't wait to see more tests! I so hope we are November DD buddies!

jjh - don't worry! I'm still here! Hopefully not for too long but you never know. wink1.gif

Yay for baby dust in the air!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#483 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 01:21 PM

We posted at the same time. Totally see it on the ICs too!!!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

#484 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

You have great eyes Katie!! It is really hard to see in photos but totally there on all three, faintly and pink, IRL. And I have searched and searched on every stick I've peed on for the past 10 months and NEVER seen a thing before. My OB convinced me of the same, Katie; that I'd just get a low number and I'd completely freak out. She also convinced me that the HPT is accurate and correct. Still feeling cautious but the FRER makes me feel safer and like this is real. I cannot believe I am finally pregnant!!!

And I am counting on us being Due Date Buddies joy.gif

Dahlia you are so awesome!! Thank you for reminding me of your numbers. I will keep that in mind while I worry and fret on Monday waiting for results and then mulling them over in my head when I hear them.

Thank you all so, so much for the congratulations, I feel amazingly blessed and I am so grateful for all of you!!! grouphug.gif I truly am not planning to leave you, I'd like to stay here and hang out if that's okay. I feel so connected to this space and so many of you mamas here.

Many more pics to come!! Can't wait to see more BFPs!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#485 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleMaman View Post

And Wondfos, am on bottom, pm on top.

I SEE THEM!!!! 😃
#486 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh5351 View Post

Oh EVERYONE is leaving me greensad.gif I suppose if we don't conceive in a few months ill probably be joining an infertility thread unfortunately! I'm happy for you all though smile.gif

I am still here JJH...CD 2... On to the March TWW!
#487 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Livnkadesmom -- I did the same thing to my DH last month, and definitely reduced our baby making potential. This month I have been trying to gently prepare him for the fact that we would have to take care of business for several days in a row if we were going to try to make a baby. Men are so funny sometimes!

Sparkle -- Good luck to you!!

AFM, CD5, AF pretty much gone. With my short cycles, I expect to ovulate in 5 or 6 days, so we'll start actively BD'ing on Sunday.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#488 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnkadesmom View Post

I am still here JJH...CD 2... On to the March TWW!
I keep forgetting who all is here! Hopefully you won't be here for long and maybe my vitex and weight loss goals will help me ASAP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecornflakes View Post

Wheee!!! I see it if I tilt my phone just right sparkle!! I had such good feelings for you this cycle. So exciting! Can't wait to see more tests! I so hope we are November DD buddies!

jjh - don't worry! I'm still here! Hopefully not for too long but you never know. wink1.gif

Yay for baby dust in the air!
I hope you're not here for much longer either- vitex seems to be working! I'm seeing darker and darker lines on my O tests! Question Katie- did vitex shorten the length of AF for you? It seems like mine is only 3 days now when it used to be 4... And the bleeding is very light.
#489 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 02:06 PM

Sparkle on see them! Especially on the wondfos probably because those lines are thicker than on a frer. I am so excited for you!!

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif
#490 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Jjh - I'll be doing the 2ww in a couple days. Got my smiley opk today.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#491 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 02:30 PM

jjh - I actually did find that with vitex! Basically exactly the same thing. Hopefully it gets both of us our bfps soon!!

#492 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sparkle, I can totally see the lines on both the FRER and the Wondfos!!!  Congratulations!  You have been such an amazingly supportive member of the TWW thread for so long now, we'd love to have you hang out with us for as long as you want and yet I'm also thrilled that you're about to graduate from the thread.

jjh, I'm still here too :-)  AF is due to arrive tomorrow or Sunday but no sign of her yet.  I'm oddly hopeful, probably because of the spotting (IB?!?) I had on ~7DPO, and yet I'm also feeling blah because I'm not looking forward to experiencing the emotional roller coaster that I went through last month.  It's hard to be excited when I know there will be so much worrying, even if I do get a BFP.  Welcome to all the newbies and good luck to everyone else still here!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#493 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 02:46 PM

Wow, big congrats sparkle!!!

Crunchy, paleo mama to DS (05/11) and #2 & #3 (!) on the way, due Feb 2014!
#494 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Woohoo sparkle!!!!! 🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈
I had a very good feeling after looking at your chart... I can totally see the lines on the wondfos - and I'm on my phone lol! Woohoo so excited for you 😃

Jjh - lol I'm here too 😃 hopefully not for too much longer lol...
We are so lucky here to make such good supportive friends, who would have thought you'd get that connection with typed words lol!
Welcome to all the newbies (I may have missed some)... And yay for the 'regulars' and the graduates who care too much to leave!
Afm - we are recovered and now I just have to get the train back on track 😃😜

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12******20***24***28***32***
36***40
#495 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 PM

Im pretty sure that Im not pregnant. It makes me sad (and then angry when i think about how much i spent on stupid FRER tests...i will never see that money back and I have nothing to show for it).

I had my ultrasound this morning. My right ovary looks fine, no cysts. My left ovary had a cyst that was about 17mm. no way to know if its "just" a cyst or a corpus luteum cyst related to a possible pg. I also had a small amt of fluid in the lower uterine segment right by my cervix, which explains the enormous amt of  CM i have been having. My lining was 7.8mm, which is good I guess. tech said he couldnt tell if i ovulated based on what he saw. he was nice and let me ask questions and showed me all the images. it was a crappy machine though, nothing like ive been scanned with before.

No bloodwork, doc wants to wait it out and see if i get AF. I just want to confirm I ovulated. Guess if i want to know that I will need a new referral for local RE to follow my cycles :/

i took one of the strips i bought online before i left, and for fun, when i came home from my appt (it was only an hour), there it was, smirking up at me just as positive as it could be. i had forgotten to throw it out before i left. so i tossed it.

i guess i need to discuss with DH where to go from here. Im pretty sure I dont want to do IVF again(DH has already said he wont go for that again, that next baby(s) would have to be naturally conceived). it was devestating for me to find out that after all that work, my RE didnt harvest the eggs on my left ovary. So not only did I lose half my eggs(there were 6), I got OHSS too. i got my beautiful twins out of it, but the rest of my embryos did not make it. so we are at squre one again.

im not a dr, but Im pretty sure that with fluid in the uterus, pregnancy is not possible :( im having difficulties coming to terms with that because i want very much to be pregnant(we all do, thats why we are here:). my due date would have been our anniversary(11/5).  i am not ever buying FRER again. this time i mean it. what a waste of money and energy only to have them toy with my emotions and lie to me. i got better results from a blue dye.

please excuse my pity party, i just needed to vent

congrats sparkle, i see your bfp too :)

#496 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 03:56 PM

Congratulations, Sparkle! So exciting! AF found me today as expected after my BFN. Feeling optimistic about the start of a new cycle though. We're cutting down on BFing with my 2 year old and I'm starting vitex and B6. Here we go again!
#497 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 04:08 PM

Marquess78 I'm so sorry. The possibility of fertility challenges scares the heck out of me. And it's challenging enough to get my DH to cooperate with conceiving naturally--putting our sex life on somewhat of a schedule. If money were involved I can't imagine how much more stressful it would be.
#498 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 04:27 PM

Sparkle!!! I see them all!!!!!!! This is FANTASTIC! big, huge congrats to you mama!!!! You have noo idea how happy I really truly am for you! <3

JJ, don't worry, even those who get pregnant can't seem to detach from this group :) I'm still lurking faithfully haha, and rooting for you big time!!! My fingers and toes are crossed for you :) Sending baby dust your way!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#499 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 04:29 PM

Marquess, I'm so sorry you're going through such a tough time right now :( I really feel for you, and am sending you tons of positive energy and prayers for this all to work out, and that you'll get your little one. Hugs, lady.

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#500 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBlue View Post

Jjh - I'll be doing the 2ww in a couple days. Got my smiley opk today.
Yay for pos OPK! I know I still have lots of you here I feel like we have seen SOO many BFPs though! So exciting for the other ladies smile.gif
Quote:

jjh - I actually did find that with vitex! Basically exactly the same thing. Hopefully it gets both of us our bfps soon!!
Ok that definitely makes me feel better. I know it is supposed to help with horrible PMS and AF symptoms but I wasn't expecting it to be like this! I am on cycle 3 of it so it should be working full force now! Last time you took it- how/when did you stop taking it when you got your BFP? Did you wean or just completely stop? That's my biggest concern with vitex- and it's such a fuzzy topic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelKissedKids View Post

Sparkle, I can totally see the lines on both the FRER and the Wondfos!!!  Congratulations!  You have been such an amazingly supportive member of the TWW thread for so long now, we'd love to have you hang out with us for as long as you want and yet I'm also thrilled that you're about to graduate from the thread.

jjh, I'm still here too :-)  AF is due to arrive tomorrow or Sunday but no sign of her yet.  I'm oddly hopeful, probably because of the spotting (IB?!?) I had on ~7DPO, and yet I'm also feeling blah because I'm not looking forward to experiencing the emotional roller coaster that I went through last month.  It's hard to be excited when I know there will be so much worrying, even if I do get a BFP.  Welcome to all the newbies and good luck to everyone else still here!
I have such a good feeling for you here soon. I know last month was horrible for you, but dahlia had such great results after a loss I'm crossing my fingers for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post

Woohoo sparkle!!!!! 🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈
I had a very good feeling after looking at your chart... I can totally see the lines on the wondfos - and I'm on my phone lol! Woohoo so excited for you 😃

Jjh - lol I'm here too 😃 hopefully not for too much longer lol...
We are so lucky here to make such good supportive friends, who would have thought you'd get that connection with typed words lol!
Welcome to all the newbies (I may have missed some)... And yay for the 'regulars' and the graduates who care too much to leave!
Afm - we are recovered and now I just have to get the train back on track 😃😜
I agree I feel like this is the only place where anyone understands me. People don't say hurtful things like "it'll happen when it happens" or "you're worrying too much" because we're all feeling the same way. And significant others just don't understand the way you all do lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marquess78 View Post

Im pretty sure that Im not pregnant. It makes me sad (and then angry when i think about how much i spent on stupid FRER tests...i will never see that money back and I have nothing to show for it).

I had my ultrasound this morning. My right ovary looks fine, no cysts. My left ovary had a cyst that was about 17mm. no way to know if its "just" a cyst or a corpus luteum cyst related to a possible pg. I also had a small amt of fluid in the lower uterine segment right by my cervix, which explains the enormous amt of  CM i have been having. My lining was 7.8mm, which is good I guess. tech said he couldnt tell if i ovulated based on what he saw. he was nice and let me ask questions and showed me all the images. it was a crappy machine though, nothing like ive been scanned with before.

No bloodwork, doc wants to wait it out and see if i get AF. I just want to confirm I ovulated. Guess if i want to know that I will need a new referral for local RE to follow my cycles :/

i took one of the strips i bought online before i left, and for fun, when i came home from my appt (it was only an hour), there it was, smirking up at me just as positive as it could be. i had forgotten to throw it out before i left. so i tossed it.

i guess i need to discuss with DH where to go from here. Im pretty sure I dont want to do IVF again(DH has already said he wont go for that again, that next baby(s) would have to be naturally conceived). it was devestating for me to find out that after all that work, my RE didnt harvest the eggs on my left ovary. So not only did I lose half my eggs(there were 6), I got OHSS too. i got my beautiful twins out of it, but the rest of my embryos did not make it. so we are at squre one again.

im not a dr, but Im pretty sure that with fluid in the uterus, pregnancy is not possible greensad.gif im having difficulties coming to terms with that because i want very much to be pregnant(we all do, thats why we are here:). my due date would have been our anniversary(11/5).  i am not ever buying FRER again. this time i mean it. what a waste of money and energy only to have them toy with my emotions and lie to me. i got better results from a blue dye.

please excuse my pity party, i just needed to vent

congrats sparkle, i see your bfp too smile.gif
You're so far from being out, dear! Keep on waiting, no stressing!! We're all rooting so hard for you! But I agree- I will not waste my money on FRERs either. I got a false positive/possible early loss with them a couple of months ago and I just would have rather not known than experience that pain again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by writeonyogamama View Post

Congratulations, Sparkle! So exciting! AF found me today as expected after my BFN. Feeling optimistic about the start of a new cycle though. We're cutting down on BFing with my 2 year old and I'm starting vitex and B6. Here we go again!
Yeah another vitex buddy!! You'll definitely have to keep me posted on how it is working for you. I'm in my 3rd cycle with it so I am feeling really positive about it possibly working this time around! What is the B6 for? Excuse me for sounding ignorant- I've just never known/asked. I take stress b complex for my mood issues and energy issues but maybe I should just take B6? Let me know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlia810 View Post

Sparkle!!! I see them all!!!!!!! This is FANTASTIC! big, huge congrats to you mama!!!! You have noo idea how happy I really truly am for you! <3

JJ, don't worry, even those who get pregnant can't seem to detach from this group smile.gif I'm still lurking faithfully haha, and rooting for you big time!!! My fingers and toes are crossed for you smile.gif Sending baby dust your way!
I can't wait until you get further into your pregnancy and you get to tell us all of the fun stuff!! I'm totally living vicariously through you!

Sorry about my depressing infertility post earlier- I have had a workout and the endorphins have got me positive again! I'm back to work tomorrow after my week long break and SOO not looking forward to it. Buuuut my week long BD marathon will start and even though it is tiring I'm excited for this month!
#501 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 05:25 PM

there are days i feel greedy for wanting more kids. im not greedy. everyone has a picture of what their family will be like. Mine includes 4 children. to spin my tale...our oldest was an honest oops. a BCP "failure". Best failure ever :) so i didnt think anything of trying to get pg on purpose. never in a million yrs would i have imagined the journey i would be taken on. while on that journey(if you do the math, our oldest will be 13 in a week adn the twins are 2y3m, so there is 11ish years total), ive helped 2 other families have children as a gestational surrogate. also one of the best things ive ever done. month after month of disappointment, i know how that feels. during those years(8.5 of active ttc), my 3 sisters had 5 children between them. you cant be mad at family for having kids, you just grin and bear it even though your heart is breaking. It took alot to get hubs on board for IVF #1. the process was stressful. we tried to make it fun. we even took  our oldest along to PA for the duration of the cycle. we went to DC, Baltimore, NYC, Philidelphia. Made an educational family fun trip out of it. I dont regret a minute of it. I dont think i would do it again, it was stressful and insane! but we didnt want our daughter to feel left out and it made sense for her to be there. and we did get pregnant after all. we did have 2 gorgeous babies (boy/girl) who make me crazy but who i couldnt love more. i see my children and think, look at my miracles. look what we made. how could i not want more of that? 

so here we are. hubs says no IVF (but for some reason IUI isnt as big a deal...riddle me that). we can go through the testing again, but not anything drastic. he's an oddball. so here i am. i took soy this cycle to see if it would make me ovulate. im pretty sure it did. but without a progesterone level, i have no confirmation. limbo is not my fav place to  be. i wont take clomid again, it was harder to deal with those side effects than from the follistim i took for IVF. i can handle femara(thats a wonderful drug) and soy isnt horrible i suppose. as long as it doesnt make the rest of my cycles as crazy as this one. we wont prob do injectibles again either. thats spendy and with hubs poor swimmers(motility is horrible) its not going to do much. i can make eggs, i can even make healthy eggs. but there isnt much we can do for his issues.

ok, i really need to finish my english paper! thanks for being so supportive

#502 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 05:28 PM

jjh - I know, there's no clear answer abut vitex. Some stop at o, some stop at a BFP, some go through the first trimester. With DS I think I stopped at o. I had had an a ovulation cycle due to stress and it brought on o very nicely and then I got pg. Things were so simple then. Ha. With DD we tried for 7 months so I think I tried a few different things. The cycle I got my BFP I weaned during the TWW. This time I had been stopping at o but I'm worried I need it to support implantation. So this cycle I've been taking my two pills so far in the 2WW. In the next few days, implantation time, I'll wean to one and then if I get a BFP I'll wean off. I totally made that up but it's what I'm trying now! We will see in a week if it works! I honestly think the progesterone is a lot more important for my body but the vitex certainly doesn't hurt.

#503 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 05:33 PM

Marquess - wow, what a journey! It's amazing your were a surrogate. Sometimes I think I would love to do that since I really love being pregnant - mostly - but it must be so hard at the same time. I don't think it's greedy to want more kids. I often think people will roll their eyes at us if I get pg again. Especially since most of our friends don't have kids or are just starting so the idea of 3 is nuts to them. But I know there's someone out there who belongs in rue family so I'm going to try to bring him or her here. It's none of their business! Anyhow, I hope that your TTC journey is shorter this time and you won't need IVF. Did you do IUI last time? Sounds like that might be a reasonable compromise if motility is the only issue. Hugs.

#504 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquess78 View Post

there are days i feel greedy for wanting more kids. im not greedy. everyone has a picture of what their family will be like. Mine includes 4 children. to spin my tale...our oldest was an honest oops. a BCP "failure". Best failure ever smile.gif so i didnt think anything of trying to get pg on purpose. never in a million yrs would i have imagined the journey i would be taken on. while on that journey(if you do the math, our oldest will be 13 in a week adn the twins are 2y3m, so there is 11ish years total), ive helped 2 other families have children as a gestational surrogate. also one of the best things ive ever done. month after month of disappointment, i know how that feels. during those years(8.5 of active ttc), my 3 sisters had 5 children between them. you cant be mad at family for having kids, you just grin and bear it even though your heart is breaking. It took alot to get hubs on board for IVF #1. the process was stressful. we tried to make it fun. we even took  our oldest along to PA for the duration of the cycle. we went to DC, Baltimore, NYC, Philidelphia. Made an educational family fun trip out of it. I dont regret a minute of it. I dont think i would do it again, it was stressful and insane! but we didnt want our daughter to feel left out and it made sense for her to be there. and we did get pregnant after all. we did have 2 gorgeous babies (boy/girl) who make me crazy but who i couldnt love more. i see my children and think, look at my miracles. look what we made. how could i not want more of that? 

so here we are. hubs says no IVF (but for some reason IUI isnt as big a deal...riddle me that). we can go through the testing again, but not anything drastic. he's an oddball. so here i am. i took soy this cycle to see if it would make me ovulate. im pretty sure it did. but without a progesterone level, i have no confirmation. limbo is not my fav place to  be. i wont take clomid again, it was harder to deal with those side effects than from the follistim i took for IVF. i can handle femara(thats a wonderful drug) and soy isnt horrible i suppose. as long as it doesnt make the rest of my cycles as crazy as this one. we wont prob do injectibles again either. thats spendy and with hubs poor swimmers(motility is horrible) its not going to do much. i can make eggs, i can even make healthy eggs. but there isnt much we can do for his issues.

ok, i really need to finish my english paper! thanks for being so supportive
Oh my heavens! That's a really incredible journey! Have you tried L-arganine (I think that's what it's called) for hubby's motility issues? I read somewhere that it's supposed to help, I believe there are other supplements as well. I have wondered if any of our issues are due to my husbands swimmers! Since we've been TTC less than a year I am not going to pursue testing on that until may probably. But I truly do want you to know that we're all rooting for you!
Quote:

jjh - I know, there's no clear answer abut vitex. Some stop at o, some stop at a BFP, some go through the first trimester. With DS I think I stopped at o. I had had an a ovulation cycle due to stress and it brought on o very nicely and then I got pg. Things were so simple then. Ha. With DD we tried for 7 months so I think I tried a few different things. The cycle I got my BFP I weaned during the TWW. This time I had been stopping at o but I'm worried I need it to support implantation. So this cycle I've been taking my two pills so far in the 2WW. In the next few days, implantation time, I'll wean to one and then if I get a BFP I'll wean off. I totally made that up but it's what I'm trying now! We will see in a week if it works! I honestly think the progesterone is a lot more important for my body but the vitex certainly doesn't hurt.
Good to know- I have been planning on doing a version of that. I don't know that I have implanted except maybe once when I got a false positive. I'm really hoping this month is our month because then I wouldn't feel pressured to quit my job. I work at Walgreens so we work during the holidays and being 700 miles away from my family I didn't see them at all. This way my family could come visit us and I would be off work the whole time.. Yeah November babies for us!
#505 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 06:19 PM

Oh I'm never sure about implantation either but the average is 8-10 DPO so I just go off of that. It definitely sounds like a November baby would be great for you! I think it would work as well as any time for us and would definitely be nice with the holidays. I really can't have a tiny baby much past February or maybe early march of next year so I feel like things are ticking by. Probably 3 more tries after this one until we hold off for about a year. I will get a new job in July 2013 and having started this one with DD being 9 weeks I know I just can't do that again. It was just too hard. Transitions are always hard for me and that made it nearly impossible. Anyhow, all that to say that November would be great here, too! Early December would be fine as well, I'm telling myself. wink1.gif

Getting into the tough part of the TWW over here. Distract me! What are you obsessing about besides TTC? Anything? I have an important exam on Wednesday so I can't wait to get through that. It's one of the few objective measures of our progress and last year with a teething nursling who needed mama all the time I didn't do very well! Whoops. Oh well. So this time I'm trying to show them I'm trying. We shall see how that goes!

#506 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 07:32 PM

JJH- I am working on some weight lose goals too. Just joined weight watchers and hoping I can focus on getting healthy until DH is 100% on board with TTC...hopefully in a couple of months. HOWEVER, if it happens before then I would be totally excited. I am EAT up with baby fever. All these BFPs just add fuel to my inferno!!
#507 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

marquess, that's an amazing thing you have done being a surrogate.  If anyone deserves another baby, it's certainly you, after you have been so selfless.  I definitely don't think you're selfish for wanting a 4th child.  I'm sorry that you weren't able to get the bloodwork you wanted and that the ultrasound results didn't provide a lot of answers, that must be frustrating.

livnkadesmom, that must be so tough to be wanting another baby and not being able to actively TTC.  Wishing you patience and peace as you wait for your partner to be ready.

katiecornflakes, good luck on your exam!  I'm in midwifery school part-time and have been trying to work on a major paper all week (it is reading week, after all!) but this 2WW has me totally distracted and I haven't been able to accomplish as much as I would have liked.  Not to mention, it's hard to get much done with 2 kids at home vying for my attention.

jjh, thanks for your vote of confidence this month.  Dahlia's success is definitely my inspiration!  And please don't apologize for your need to vent, that's what we're here for.  I would guess that all of us have worries about not being able to conceive, whether we're trying for our 1st or our 4th!  Have fun with your upcoming week of BDing... although I agree, it's fun but also very tiring!

writeonyogamama, sorry AF found you.  Fx that the supplements will bring you your BFP next month!

chuord, I have such a good feeling about you this cycle!  I hope the mood strikes at the right time for you this month now that you're on the mend ;-)

mamaBlue, yay for smiley OPKs!  Wishing you much patience this 2WW and a BFP soon!

PrimalJoy, wishing you much success this upcoming month too!

I hope I haven't missed anyone.  My own little rant - I think I'm feeling extra apprehensive about this cycle because not only am I dealing with fear of another early loss, but if I do get preggo and stay preggo, my EDD will be Nov 2nd.  The last time I had an early Nov EDD, my baby was born unexpectedly in Sept at 33.5 weeks.  I worry about history repeating itself.  If I consider it all with more optimism, I can see how it would be healing for me to actually make it past Sept and go on to have this baby full-term in late Oct or early Nov, just the same as it was healing to have DD2 at 38.5 weeks, but I know from experience how anxious I'll be!  Still no signs of AF - despite my ambivalence, I hope she stays away.  I'll POAS again tomorrow (so far, only BFNs but I usually get late BFPs), FX I might get a squinter at least!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#508 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 PM

Katie- good luck on your exam! I have nothing to obsess over because I lead a very boring life. DHs job moved us far from home and I work about 30 hours a week while he works 60, so I am always by myself lol I went from school full time with about 5 extra curriculars that I was very involved in plus 30 hours of work a week to just working. Haha woe is me. If we don't conceive by the time we move again I am planning on putting TTC on hold and going back to school for special Ed. Maybe that is an obsession, thinking about the future... Bah!

Livn- I do WW as well! It's really a fantastic program- I lost 30 lbs on it last summer and I have gained that back plus about 10 more lbs because of stress. I am not paying the fee, I've just downloaded a great app that helps a lot. If you haven't done it before, try to get as involved with the message boards as you can just like you do here. I found them so helpful as a way to meet people who had similar goals. Some people there are definitely not as friendly as everyone here though smile.gif are you doing meetings or just online?

AKK- I don't blame you for being apprehensive. That's definitely a big fear of mine when TTC #1. I worry about all of the things that can go wrong but all we can do is try to stay positive and hope that, just like anything in life, everything goes great. Which in all likelihood it will smile.gif
#509 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 09:51 PM

Marquess,

I know what you mean, sort of, about the idea that you might be seen by some as "greedy" for wanting another.

That thought is never far from my mind...having my 1st was a bit of a miracle to me, as I had had years of thinking I might never be a mother.

And now I have 3. Having a 4th puts a person squarely into weirdsville in some circles (heck, even 3 does that, some places!) so I feel you.

Your story was inspiring and impressive to read.

40ish homeschool.gif trekkie.gif guitar.gifhbac.gifnovaxnocirc.gif raising 3 kids with the help of their loving father.

#510 of 654 Old 02-22-2013, 09:53 PM

Angelkissed,

I'm so sorry for what you have gone through, and are going through. 

If you don't mind my asking, how late a BFP have you had before, and did you have symptoms of being pg when you finally got it?

40ish homeschool.gif trekkie.gif guitar.gifhbac.gifnovaxnocirc.gif raising 3 kids with the help of their loving father.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page