February TWW Thread - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#601 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i have a huge exam this week for A&P. my something special happens on Friday. See, on Friday March 1st at 8:19am, 13 yrs ago I delivered baby girl #1. She lives with my mom because school here is horrid so Im going to drive up and surprise her on her birthday :) I got her a killer present this year (Google HKC tablet) and can't wait to see her open it :) She's never actually asked for it, but I know she said she wanted one. 13 is a special number. more so than 16, IMO. So its a big deal. I just need to get through this exam and then Im good to go.

#602 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 05:36 AM

Oxford, I'm due Oct 8th smile.gif

Katie, so close to testing!! Good luck!!!

Sparkle, glad you got the ticker goin smile.gif it's fun seeing it progress!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#603 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Coming back after taking a week or so off... Just need to clear my head a bit after the suspense of last month's TWW, you know?

Oxford, etc -- I am in the "too much pressure" boat as far as DH goes. It stresses me out, because I feel guilty for "using" him for his baby batter, and then I feel all defensive and unsure... He's very much on board with making a baby (he was ready before me, and had actually been waiting for me to come around). Things just get weird when TTC time comes around, probably because I don't usually initiate things normally.

Anyway, I sent this text today: "I wanna make a baby with you but I feel like a stalker rapist person when it's time to try..." And he said, "Don't. I want your sex." So I said, "I both want and need yours. Every night for the next week or so."

So, message should be out there loud and clear, right?

As you learned in my above text, I will ovulate soon (probably in the next few days), so hopefully DH will get into the spirit of things and we'll have a real try going on this month.

Sparkle -- congrats on your +!

The rest of you, good luck and good vibes as we all try not to go crazy together!!

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#604 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Primal, I love your approach. That is so straight forward and gives DH a choice.
I too don't instigate overtly very often and so he spots when I am pursuing him around the bedroom! With your approach you have been clear with him and put the choice back to him. Let us know how it goes.

I find not saying anything very frustrating as you can sit and watch the important days tick by if work schedules are tough. That makes me feel resentful towards him and he doesn't even know what he has done!!! :-( awful wife!!

Equally saying too much is tmi for men an I so did the right thing this month backing off an letting him make the moves.

Good luck with the full week BD. maybe we could have a new contender for Dahlia's title??
#605 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 11:15 AM

Hahaha there needs to be a championship belt.

Just fyi, I also laid on my back for 15-30mins each day right after sex. You know, to give the swimmers an assist. Lol

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#606 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

dahlia -- I do that, too! Need to make it count. And I don't think I'll ever beat your record. Last night was technically in our "go time" window, but he was so happy playing video games by himself, and it was his birthday, so I let him off the hook.

Oxford -- I don't want to turn something as awesome as sex into a chore, but your perspective changes a little when you're TTC. Right now I am working full time and taking 10 credit hours toward my BSN, and I still muster my BD energy at the end of the night! I'll let you know how this approach goes. If he chooses to avoid me, then at least he has all the relevant info.

You know, I never used to have so much trouble getting men to jump into bed with me! :-)

Going to stop by Dollar Tree to get more OPKs tonight. Last month I O'd at CD11 (I'm a short cycler), which is three days away right now. (GO GO GO! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!)

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#607 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 PM

Just wanted to apologize to everyone who took the time to reply to me, (and a lot of you did, and it was a huge pick-me-up, believe it!) because I have not yet replied to each of you, personally. Had a major nasty migraine for the second time in 3 days, and just wasn't able. But I will.

Marquess, I am so sorry you are in such terrible limbo, but if misery loves company, we should be soul sisters. 

My AF is 6 days late now, and I have darkened nipples and leukorrhea and closed cervix, but no other symptoms (or hard to tell b/c my DD had a nausea/fatigue illness just today and my exhaustion by noon could be illness or anything), and nothing but BFNs as of yesterday (or did I test this morning? I forget, I have done it so many times).

I'm coming to peace with not testing anymore. I started to feel like good ol' Charlie Brown, always falling for Lucy's trick with the ball.

Was driving last night, gazed at the lovely full moon and thought that by the dark of the moon, I will know. And this peace came over me, and the thought "My body is doing just what it is supposed to be doing." (either way)

And then a bit later, felt pretty joyous, and the thought just sort of filled my mind "Life is a gift. Life is magical. Enjoy it!"

And so far, I do feel peaceful, and don't wrestle with the urge to go get some more $ store tests.

Once I accepted that there IS going to be an answer eventually whether I struggle futilely after it or not, I no longer felt the urgency to have that answer immediately. It sort of released me. 

Just shared this in case it's at all helpful. It helped me immensely. 

40ish homeschool.gif trekkie.gif guitar.gifhbac.gifnovaxnocirc.gif raising 3 kids with the help of their loving father.

#608 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I just had to share some good news that a friend just shared with me.

After years of TTC and running the whole gamut of fertility treatments, including IVF with failed transfers, she found out she is pregnant with a surprise baby! She's 12 weeks and still can't believe it. I am so, so happy for her and her husband! It couldn't have happened to a nicer couple. It reminds me that the unexpected can and does happen. smile.gif

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#609 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 05:28 PM

Today's tests :-)

My Wondfo's for the last three days (all FMU) - I love seeing the progression!

hCG yesterday: 7

hCG today: 17

Doubling time = 18.75 hours!  The #s are low (but fall within the normal range for approx 15 DPO) but I'm amazed at how quickly it doubled.  I hope to get another blood draw done again tomorrow morning if the weather cooperates (my doctor wants to follow the #s closely to make sure it's not ectopic because of how low the #s are).

The best part: no spotting, not a single drop (knock on wood, it stays that way!).  I'm having weird cramps, like my uterus is stretching quickly, and they are quite uncomfortable at times.  I'm semi-nauseous and my BBS (not just my nips) are tender.  All good signs, I hope :-)

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#610 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 05:33 PM

Yay AKK!! It sounds like your doctor is really caring and on top of everything! That's great :) I"m soo excited for you! I can't remember if you said it already, but what's your estimated due date?

#611 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 06:46 PM

Holy crap. So much for my testing resolve. I knew something was up. So much for my concentration for my exam tomorrow!!!

D2709AEE-E588-483B-B406-DDF2CB826C79-3672-00000383F76930B9.jpg

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#612 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 06:54 PM

Wow, Kate, that's amazing!!! I'm so excited for you!  Congratulations!!!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#613 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 06:58 PM

Crunchy- that's a great resolve to your TWW stresses smile.gif

AKK- those look great! I hope your doctors appts keep going well!

Katie- AHHHHH!!!!! Congrats!!! So happy for you!

So today my nipples are sore beyond belief. I haven't been taking my mucinex at all and still having copious amounts of CM. it's still so close to when I Od (4 DPO) that I'm sure it's just post O symptoms. Definitely makes symptom spotting so much worse lol
#614 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 06:58 PM

Oh also Katie it is crazy but I can totally see the line more clearly on the wondfos than the FRER!
#615 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 07:02 PM

Thanks girls!! I know, the line is definitely
There on the frer but didn't photograph well and the wondofos are definitely stronger. I feel like these are good for 10dpo. Oh I hope this babe is sticky!!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

#616 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 07:03 PM

i feel like i just need to come to terms with the fact that i am not pregnant.

pregnant people get REAL positive pregnancy tests, not positive then negative then positive and so on. Ive been pregnant before, and I had lots of positive tests...consistent, progressing positives. i am doing this to myself. I dont have to take the tests. No one pees on them for me. There's no gun to my head making me do it. I do it all on my own. And no matter what, I would "know" if I was pregnant. The only time I didn't feel that way was when I found out I was having DD#1. I had no clue, I was totally floored when I found out about her. I had taken 2 hpt the same day, both negative. Hours later I found out I was pregnant. When I went for my first visit I discovered I was already over 10 weeks. But I've been pregnant many times since then, and I knew it from the beginning. I dont care how convincing my symptoms are. Im not feeling it. I have wondfo's coming, they should be here tomorrow or Thursday. I don't want to torture myself anymore though. So no more testing. AF will come or she wont.

Dr text me today. I need a repeat ultrasound next week to monitor my cyst and the fluid in my uterus. I havent had any spotting since Sat, but tonight I had a tiny bit of pink mixed in with the copious amounts of CM I have. 4 days ago, my CM went all wonky. Its EWCM, but thicker. Its so heavy I have to wear a panty liner. Its kinda gross and makes it impossible to conserve TP (Im trying to be funny...but its so true).

Oh, and sad face, I was wrong about my appt. Its not the 4th its the 8th. Ive been so emotionally challenged this week. Angry and sad, disappointed and elated. This has reminded me of why we took so many breaks when we were TTC all those years. Stupid things make me cry. Dance Mom's. Yeah, Dance Mom's. Katy Perry songs. Yeah them too. Hormones suck.

I am going to get a referral to my RE so that my cycles can be followed at least. We wont be doing any treatments beyond meds. I will be lucky to get DH to gie up another sample. I get to do all the hard work again. I also think we need to decide how long we will try this time. I will be 35 in Sept. Once upon a time I said no pregnancies after that. That's the magic # where Dr's label you an "old" pregnant lady. I have enough issues with my Dr's partners the last thing I want is to have another label.

Anywho, thanks for allowing my emotional rant or whatever this was.

Congrats to all the real BFP. Happy 9 mths to you

#617 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 07:23 PM

marquess, hug2.gif  I'm so sorry you're going through all of this.  I hope you get some answers soon.

#618 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquess78 View Post

Anywho, thanks for allowing my emotional rant or whatever this was.
Congrats to all the real BFP. Happy 9 mths to you

I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time! TTC should be a joyous experience but often time the stress overshadows that joy. I hope you get your much needed answers very soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecornflakes View Post

Holy crap. So much for my testing resolve. I knew something was up. So much for my concentration for my exam tomorrow!!!

D2709AEE-E588-483B-B406-DDF2CB826C79-3672-00000383F76930B9.jpg

Awesome news! I am so excited for you!
#619 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 PM

Hugs Marquess. TTC is such a terrible roller coaster.

#620 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 07:37 PM

Also hugs, crunchy. So glad you've found a peaceful place. smile.gif

#621 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 08:18 PM

jjh, I have really good feelings for you this month!  I agree, likely post-O nipple soreness but I think that it's a really good sign that you're hormones are working well :-)

katie, good luck on your exam (what a wonderful distractions!)  Yay, BFP!

dahlia, my EDD is Nov 2nd although my babies seem to arrive early so if this LO sticks around, I'll have to have one foot in the Oct DDC and one foot in the Nov DDC.  Wishing you a H&H 9 months!

mamaBlue, thanks for sharing about your friend's wonderful surprise.  I see your siggy mentions that your DS was a surprise too.  Here is hoping your DS becomes a big brother soon!

crunchy, I love your new found outlook and the connection to the moon!  Sorry to hear about your migraines.  I had two 2 day headaches last week right before my BFP - maybe it's a sign (sorry, I don't mean to symptom spot for you when you've resolved to be more zen).

Primal, I don't LOL very often (and I find that LOL is totally overused online) but I actually LOL with your (GO GO GO! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!) line.  Fx for you!

oxford, wishing you sore boobs, frequent urination and all kinds of other signs to symptom spot!  Keep us updated.

Larski, I hope AF doesn't find you on March 8th; wishing you lots of patience with this 2WW and a BFP of course!

chuord, only 2.5 more days until March arrives!  I hope everything lines up in your favour this month.

Livn, keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that your new lay-low plan with your DH works out for you soon.  Wishing you much patience and persistence.

mamacatsbaby, thanks for the super, uber sticky baby vibes.  I need them!!!  What book did you end up getting at the library?

Sparkle, how are you doing today?

I hope I haven't missed anyone (busy thread!).  Big rain-then-snowstorm here tonight; stay warm and dry for anyone else being affected by the snow.

#622 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Marquess - I'm so sorry this cycle is being rough on you. I hear you about the 35 thing. I'll be 35 in November. But remember mama, we're not old at all. My friend Sarah delivered naturally conceived twins at 45. That's getting up there.

Kate - I see your BFP! OMG! Yay!

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#623 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 10:24 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHH YES, Katie!! I KNEW it!!!!!!!!! jumpers.gifWoo hoo!!!!!!!! jumpers.gif OMG Your tests look Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally see it on all of them.

carrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif

You see, I fall asleep early and this is what I miss!! I cannot even tell you how ecstatic I am. This is just fantastic!! I just knew we'd be DD Buddies biggrinbounce.gif I am so glad you didn't wait. Good luck on your exam tomorrow, I know you'll be flying high! SO, SO, SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKK Those tests look beautiful, love the progression also. And yes, your numbers are completely in range and sound great!! So excited we'll get to continue this journey together. Oh, and I have had a good amount of uncomfortable cramping as well, 7 DPO- today, 12 DPO. And nausea, quite a lot today. All super great signs!!

Jjh I don't know, I had really sore breasts and nipples at 4-5 DPO like I've never had before this cycle!! fingersx.gif

AFM Told DD tonight, though not as planned. I had sent DH a text on Monday when I got my Beta results, "It's confirmed, I'm knocked up!" (Not my usual way of speaking btw) DD saw that message tonight on DH's phone and asked, what's that mean, knocked up? DH and I laughed so hard we were crying and then had to tell her. She started jumping up and down, squealing with delight, and kept asking if we were kidding. She hugged me so tight and said thank you, thank you, thank you!! Now Fx she doesn't spill the beans to absolutely everyone! I know I'm having a hard time not sharing but I'm not ready to tell all my colleagues just yet. OMG, what a great night!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#624 of 654 Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 PM

No more limbo. AF has arrived. The only good thing about this is that now I'm certain the soy helped me ovulate smile.gif So I will be back

If hubs gets extended at his current location we are out this month unless I drive from TN to WI at "O" time, LOL.

I am bummed but look fwd to ripping Church & Dwight a new a** for playing me like that.
Need to order some wondfo OPKs
#625 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 12:48 AM

Mentioned: 148 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Congrats Katie!!!! Wow what a busy week, we now have 3 graduates - who's next? 😜😃
So exciting all around...
Mama blue I agree - 35 is not old 😃 I'm 38 and trying for number one, some people don't get the chance to start early ☺
Sparkle I love the way your dd accidentally found out 😃 and so sweet that she thanked you!

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Looking good so far
#626 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 AM

Katie- yay!!! Congratulations!! That is brilliant news. I am so pleased for you :-)

Marquess- sorry AF came to you. She is a nightmare! I hope you have found some peace and enjoying 2 weeks away from the madness of uncertainty.

AKK- all sounding good! I am watching your story with delight :-)

I hope 35 isn't too old. I am 35 now and 36 in May. It will be my first baby as I have never had the right relationship before now. I have finally found a great man and we got married last year :-)

On the age thing, I have a question....
I seem to be producing less EWCM now, only for 2 days. I read on auntie google that it does decline in your mid thirties, has anyone got any experience if this? And secondly, any tips on getting more CM?? I keep hearing people mention mucinex and vitex? Does that help and how do you take it? Also I saw a tip about robitussin- anyone had any success??

Your advice is really appreciated!
I live in England, but I'm sure I could get some shipped over here!!

Baby dust to you all
Xx
#627 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 AM

Sparkle- your DD sounds wonderful! That's great that he is so excited for you. She will be a good help for you too. Keep us posted on the newly pregnant news, I am living vicariously! Xx
#628 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 07:00 AM

Congrats Katie and Angel! Woohoo! joy.gif

Marquess, I'm glad you're out of limbo. Better luck next month. hug2.gif

Crunchy, I hope you get your answer soon. fingersx.gif

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#629 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 AM

Oxford- the vitex is really for cycle regulation and ovulation support- not for EWCM! If you're regular and ovulating- I would definitely shy away from that. As far as mucinex I had a really good experience with it this month- like tons of EWCM which I never have. So if you can get ahold of it, give it a shot! Make sure it's the one with just gaustefein ( I can't spell the word without seeing it!) and NO cough suppressants (shouldn't say DM)! Good luck!

Sorry I can't respond to everyone right now- ill be back later!
#630 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 08:02 AM

Question for those of you that did the guaifenesin. Did you do the 600 mg? If so did you take 1 or 2 tablets every 12 hours? Or did you do the max strength of 1200 mg (1 tablet every 12 hours)? Also, what about the B vitamin? Do you take B6 or B vitamin Complex? What is the difference/benefits of those?

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page