February TWW Thread - Page 22 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#631 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow! This thread is moving! I know I'm going to miss someone but here goes!

katie: Woohoo!!!! I'm so happy for you! joy.gif Looks like it paid to just pull the trigger lol.gif . Super sticky baby goodvibes.gif to you my dear! Oh, and the book I ended up getting at the library was The Day of the Triffids. It's excellent! The last book I got completely sucked into before this one was Nightfall and DH and DS are at the library picking up more books now carrot.gif . Also on my agenda to read are Cocaine: An Unauthorized Biography and One Nation Under Sex. I read a lot of everything lol.gif . Congratulations once again doll!!! A healthy, happy nine and beyond to you! And GL on your exam. Concentrate! reading.gif

Welcome back to the crazy Larski lol.gif . I'll be testing somewhere b/w March 7-10. fingersx.gif for more BFP's!

hug.gifmarquess I'm glad you at least have some answers now. Time to start with a nice, fresh cycle. Hope AF isn't being too rough on you. Certainly took her long enough to be known so she shouldn't get to play the cramping and such hand! Oh, and what wonderful news about your friend! Congratulations to her! Great surprise smile.gif .

PrimalJoy: It's renewing to take a step bak for sure. Yep, your message sounds nice and clear so there should be no drill confusion lol.gif . GL this cycle! dust.gif

crunchynerd: I'm so glad you found some peace! Nothing like it with this whole TTC business that's for sure. Ugh, so sorry about the migraines, I hope they keep their distance!

Those tests are looking fantastic AngelKissed! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif I'm so happy for you!!! Hoping the spotting continues to stay away praying.gif . Keep us posted! Oh, and I gave a small rundown of what I'm reading right now up-post if you're interested smile.gif . It's definitely better to return to my book obsession than all this TTC crazy lol.gif .

Me, just the usual going on with the kiddos, house, etc. 4DPO tea6.gif . Hope you're all keeping toasty as winter keeps trying to hold on just a bit longer!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#632 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Katie!!! YAY!! Congrats mama!!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#633 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Just got my 2nd Beta results, 238 at 13 DPO!! Doubling time of ~33 hours. joy.gifSo happy for a strong little bean.

Livnkades I used the 600mg tablets, just one tablet, twice a day ~12 hours apart. As for supplements, I use a Vegetarian phytonutrient based B Complex. I prefer this as the B Vitamins work better when consumed together, it's a synergystic effect. I had heard that B6 helped lengthen LP, it actually seemed to lengthen both LP and FP for me! I suppose it also depends on what other supplements you take.

Mamacats Yeah for great books and distractions!! So, so hopeful for you!

Oxford Thank you, my DD is such a spirited, wonderful girl, a real firecracker!! You must have something there in England with the same active ingredient. Could you ask at the pharmacy? I spent a semester in college abroad in London and recall many over the counter meds had different names but the pharmacist could look it up and help. The drug here is sold as Robitussin or Mucinex and the active ingredient (and ONLY ingredient you want) is Guafenesin. Any other cold/allergy med with dry up CM, you want only Guafensesin. I used 600 mg tablets twice a day from ~3 days before O (my first close to positive OPK) through my temp shift confirming O. It was amazing the copious amounts of EWCM. GL!! Oh, and I'm 36, btw. Not at ALL too old!! winky.gif

Marquess So sorry AF found you but glad you finally have some answers and closure!!

Jjh I am now waiting on pins and needles waiting for you to test next week!! Sending you goodvibes.gif

Katie and AKK Just wanted to let you know the November DDC opened up today. See you over there too!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#634 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Livnkades - I took the 1200mg time release Mucinex for the fist time this cycle. It improved things, but didn't make things copious by any means. But I've noticed that my CM has been really scant the past couple of months, so any improvement is welcome. I also take a B complex with extra B6 to try to extend my luteal phase. Also I take vitex to help with regularity of cycles. My cycles are nice and predictable now, so I think it's working. I've been on it 3 months.

AFM - I'm 3dpo. Nothing interesting to report. I did switch to taking my prometrium vaginally this time around. I spotted a few days early when I took it orally last month. I'm also making a point to reinstate my forgotten habit of taking a good run/jog on the treadmill daily. As my husband said, "Maybe it'll help pop an egg loose." I dunno about that, but can only help, right? Bikini season is just around the corner.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#635 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Congrats, AKK and Katie!!

I'm reading everything, but I have the memory of a goldfish so I don't remember who I want to reply to by the time I get to the end.

Waiting to O, predictably negative OPK last night (only CD9). Successful ravishing of the husband, though!

I'm determined to stay sane this cycle, so I'm focusing on our trip next month, which will certainly be more fun if I'm not sober and nauseated (because, really, while on vacation you should really only have to be one or the other).

Good luck to all my fellow would-be procreators!

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#636 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 02:50 PM

I started a B complex vitamin today. My luteal phase is 11 days, which was when I got preggo with DS, but I would like to see it a little longer. I also take a prenatal and folic acid tablet daily. My last thyroid check was 2.68, which is MUCH improved but I told her that since I was TTC I would like to get it between 1 and 2. She increased my dosage and I start that tomorrow so we shall see. Feeling much better about things though!
#637 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 04:46 PM

Gosh I'm just so happy that everyone seems to be happy or at peace right now for the most part! You ladies make me smile! Random thought for the day smile.gif

Anywho- for all the ladies getting beta testing done EVERYONE'S numbers are looking good so far!! Yay yay! AKK I'm thinking about you and anxious to hear the numbers!
I had to fight the urge to test this morning and I did it by telling myself that I am sick of peeing in a cup LOL. how sad.
#638 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM

Hang in there jjh! I have a great feeling for you!!!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#639 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 07:40 PM

So far AF has been ok. Not horrible like last time. Hubby did get extended so I am only temping this month as there will be zero chance of conception. Which is fine because I didnt want a Dec baby. too much happens in Dec (finals, xmas, travelling, etc). I wouldnt mind another March baby. Or even a summer baby. Of course it really doesnt matter when he/she/them comes. Hubs wont be back until AF is due again so I will keep taking the soy exactly how I did last time. I could get used to having a normal cycle. even if normal is somewhat induced by outside means, LOL.

#640 of 654 Old 02-27-2013, 07:50 PM

Marquess- don't worry...I will probably be hanging out with you for the long run. I have yet to get DH 100% on board with TTC. He really wants to wait until this summer. He has a point about timing. I am a teacher and maternity leave in April or May would be great but I just don't want to wait. I would like to get a jump start on the trying in case it takes a little while. I keep hoping it will just happen.
#641 of 654 Old 02-28-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquess78 View Post

No more limbo. AF has arrived. The only good thing about this is that now I'm certain the soy helped me ovulate smile.gif So I will be back

If hubs gets extended at his current location we are out this month unless I drive from TN to WI at "O" time, LOL.

I am bummed but look fwd to ripping Church & Dwight a new a** for playing me like that.
Need to order some wondfo OPKs

I am so sorry, Marquess, but again we seem to be in parallel universes. Not sure if I'll see you again, but if I do, I'll remember you! Sorry it didn't work out this time, but I'll be cheering for your future success!

40ish homeschool.gif trekkie.gif guitar.gifhbac.gifnovaxnocirc.gif raising 3 kids with the help of their loving father.

#642 of 654 Old 02-28-2013, 07:31 AM

I have a vitamin question. I am taking an OTC prenatal vitamin and additional folic acid. I started a B complex yesterday. My question is, is that too much? I don't want to overdose myself on b vitamins. 😳Has anyone ever talked to a doctor about supplements?
#643 of 654 Old 02-28-2013, 07:44 AM

Thanks, Angelkissed, and everyone, for your encouraging words all along.

But, I'm out.

I have found resolution after all...tan cm (never had that color before!) went to tan/streaked, and then this morning, brown spotting, that quit, then came back with a real period, exactly one week late.

It's going to be ok. Life wobbled, careened, and then gently set down again in its original course, for now. I'm actually grateful I went through the roller coaster this time, because I think I needed to gain some insight, learn to appreciate the now, and invest fully in the present even when uncertain about some future outcome.

I hope, that if at some point in the near future, I get back on the ride, it will be with more serenity. I do feel in my gut, that this was a near-miss, that we conceived, but it just wasn't to be. Never had brown spotting start a period before. But it's ok.om.gif

Wishing everyone here much success in their efforts to bring forth a new life, and to the ones who have gone on to successful pregnancies, happy congratulations! flowersforyou.gifnamaste.gif

40ish homeschool.gif trekkie.gif guitar.gifhbac.gifnovaxnocirc.gif raising 3 kids with the help of their loving father.

#644 of 654 Old 02-28-2013, 09:16 AM

hug.gifcrunchynerd, I'm sorry AF found you. Rough lessons this life can throw our way for sure but it's wonderful when we're able to learn what we need to from them. I'm glad you're ok and I hope the right baby at the right time comes for you soon.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#645 of 654 Old 02-28-2013, 10:07 AM

I think I'm out too. No AF yet, but a negative test and no symptoms.

I'm hoping this next month to not test at all and just let things be until AF comes. I got so excited for the symptoms I thought meant I was pregnant, and it's just sad feeling the let down. I'd like to come to terms with the fact that this may take a while!!

Excited to move on to the next cycle with those who aren't graduating, and very excited for those who are graduating!!!! Congratulations smile.gifsmile.gif
#646 of 654 Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby View Post

hug.gifcrunchynerd, I'm sorry AF found you. Rough lessons this life can throw our way for sure but it's wonderful when we're able to learn what we need to from them. I'm glad you're ok and I hope the right baby at the right time comes for you soon.

Thanks, Mamacatsbaby. I can't pity myself or anything; I already have children. But thank you for the kind thoughts, and I wish you much joy.gif also!

#647 of 654 Old 02-28-2013, 01:29 PM

Crunchy and khughe- I'm sorry AF found you. greensad.gif
#648 of 654 Old 02-28-2013, 03:53 PM

Sorry to hear about AF, Crunchy and KHughe.  

Livnkadesmom, I don't know about the B12, but I asked about folic acid one time and I think the only risk of getting too much folic acid is that it can hide a B12 deficiency.  But if you are taking a prenatal, then you're probably getting enough B12.  However, I thought that there was no need to take more folic acid than what was in the prenatal--may I ask what your logic is behind taking more?  Maybe I should, too...

7 DPO here and nothing interesting to report.  Just waiting.

#649 of 654 Old 02-28-2013, 05:57 PM

Aww, I'm sorry the witch got you KHughe. Glad you're feeling good about a new cycle though! (even though you're not technically out yet wink1.gif ) Once I started processing a few things and also realized and came to terms with the fact that this wasn't going to happen like it did with my DS1 and DS2 (conceived first try with no real TTC; hell, I didn't even know what TTC truly meant!) I really got to a peaceful place with this. Of course I'll be disappointed each cycle that goes by with no BFP but after I wallow for a bit I'll be good overall. I like this place smile.gif .

Larski: I take an extra 400 mcg of methyl folate in addition to the folic acid in my prenatal just b/c some people's bodies couldn't care less about the synthetic form that's in prenatals and won't use it so it won't do the babies of pg women who find themselves in this category any good (holy run--on sentence!). I don't know for sure that I'm one of those people but since there's no harm found in taking a bit more I'm doing so to cover my bases.

Me, 5DPO, taking it easy reading.gif . Can't believe my kids actually went to bed reasonably quickly tonight! Yes! carrot.gif

#650 of 654 Old 02-28-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larski View Post

Sorry to hear about AF, Crunchy and KHughe.  

Livnkadesmom, I don't know about the B12, but I asked about folic acid one time and I think the only risk of getting too much folic acid is that it can hide a B12 deficiency.  But if you are taking a prenatal, then you're probably getting enough B12.  However, I thought that there was no need to take more folic acid than what was in the prenatal--may I ask what your logic is behind taking more?  Maybe I should, too...

7 DPO here and nothing interesting to report.  Just waiting.

My OB/GYN told me that there is not enough folic acid in OTC prenatals and wanted me to supplement with more. My LP is 11 days, which it was when I got preggo with DS, but I start spotting like 9 DPO. I would really like to get my LP a little longer and several have commented and research shows that B-6 will lengthen LP. I have also read that B vitamins work better when used together in the form of a complex so that is why I started taking B Complex. It contains as much folic acid as the supplement I was using so I decided to just take the prenatal and the B complex. We shall see.
#651 of 654 Old 03-01-2013, 05:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Folic acid supplementation... Hmmm... May have to pick some up. I take Trader Joe's women's one-a-day now, plus extra Vit D (because I never have enough vitamin D, for whatever reason). What's one more pill?

AFM, I think I O'd yesterday, or it may happen today. I got a positive-ish OPK test last night, but because I always have to test in the evening because of my schedule rather than "prime" afternoon time, I'm not confident that I caught the surge. In any case, we BD'd two days ago and last night, so I think our timing will be good as far as that goes.

In other news, my insomnia is killing me! I've been awake until 2 or later almost every night this week, and that's just not okay. I work early in the morning, and I'm just exhausted. I'm taking melatonin and neurontin (under my doctor's supervision; I know it's class C but I really can't function without medication to help me sleep and we agreed that the benefit/risk thing leaned in favor of me using it while TTC and pregnant), but it's just not doing it lately. Anyone out there have a great sleep remedy?

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#652 of 654 Old 03-01-2013, 07:57 AM

PrimalJoy: I read somewhere else about another woman's experience with melatonin and she came across information that it leads/could lead to infertility issues. I have not researched this in depth so I don't have any idea the level of debate on the subject but a quick search seems to pull up a divide on the issue. Hmm, sleep help. Meditation might be good to get into to start getting the mind to calm down. Any other ideas I might have about how to improve the insomnia you've probably already thought of but I'll keep a lookout for anything I haven't come across before!

#653 of 654 Old 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM

I"m currently in the TWW.. I o'ed on 2/19 on CD 19 and today 3/1 I'm on CD 29 10DPO. I cave in and tested and got a bfn, maybe It's just to early yet but i'm kinda of a poas addict lol... I'm leaving for vacation on Sunday and would luv to know if I"m pregnant by then so I can tell the hubby and my parents.. Can't wait..

Oh I had a MC on 11/22/12 :(

Hoping for BFP in the next couple of days..

All I have so far is just cramping and just being very tired..

When I was pregnant the first time I didn't have any symptoms. just sore boobs and tiredness ..

Lost my angel on 11/22/12.. got my BFP on 3/29/13...Expecting the love of my life <3 on 12/13

#654 of 654 Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

The March thread is up!  Come on over!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1375681/march-tww-thread

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page