February TWW Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ha, I feel you, Blonhrt!  Things seem promising for you--fingers crossed!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 05:56 PM

good luck Blonhrt!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
Old 02-05-2013, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
amyvincent: Sounds like plan to throw the OPK's into the mix too thumbsup.gif . Maybe your hormones are still fluctuating, trying to figure out what they want to do, since weaning? Did you have any other signs of O leading up to this dip? Hope your LP stays a good length! Or even better, hope you get that BFP dust.gif .

SparkleMaman: Yep! In one ear and out the other was certainly my experience as well eyesroll.gif . But plenty of subconscious terror to keep me company, yay! Yeah, not really lol. And no, I don't think you sounded preachy either! We as women are for sure always putting the wants and needs and feelings and, and, and... of others before our own. What I've noticed is that we give so much of ourselves to others, especially before we've truly gotten to figure out who we are first, then once we're a little older, a little wiser, a lot more sure of who we are, we begin to focus on our wants and needs more. I think that can be a little jarring when the people we love are so used to how much we freely give of who we are and the things we sacrifice, some big, some not so much, w/o asking anything, or much of anything, in return; I think it goes unnoticed quite a bit and gets taken for granted. I don't know why so many of us feel guilty for wanting to take care of our own desires shrug.gif . We should definitely own them and make no apologies for our feelings. It's all such a damn tightrope walking act dizzy.gif .

Livnkades: Marriage is a big old ball of crazy lol.gif . In so many ways marriage is absolutely awesome nod.gif but in quite a few others it'll send you off the deep-end nut.gif . No one can explain what marriage is truly like to someone that hasn't gone there, just like giving birth, having kids, going wingsuit jumping lol, etc. It's really difficult to effectively communicate what we feel a lot of times. It would be soooo much easier if your partner just freaking knew right?! Words do get in the way now don't they? wink1.gif Glad you're going to hang out so we can keep up with how you're doing smile.gif .

Biting my nails here Blonhrt! lurk.gif

Me, I picked up five $ store tests a little bit ago. Haven't had even the slightest urge to pee on any of them lol.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 PM

mamacatsbaby- Nope, my cm had been dry with no other pre-ov symptoms since cd15. Today I had a tiny bit of cm, but I don't think it was ewcm. I also had cravings which is typical for me leading up to ov. I did read into having a post-ovulation dip some and there can be a secondary estrogen surge after ovulation which can cause those two symptoms...who knows! I'll have to just wait for the temps to tell me.

blohnrt- So anxious for you! Fx!

Crunchy, paleo mama to DS (05/11) and #2 & #3 (!) on the way, due Feb 2014!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:27 PM

OMG I have missed so much today!! No way will I be able to remember everything but...

Congrats, Slammerkin!! jumpers.gif Awesome news!!

Sparkle - SO glad you and DH are on the same page. That is so wonderful. Marriage is such an interesting journey. 

amyc - I wouldn't freak out too much about your chart yet. Today's circle is open. How far off was it from your normal temping time? Can you try adjusting it and see what you get? I bet with your other signs that you did ov, but FX!! I hear you on the LPD. I had a horribly short LP when I was TTCing DD. Progesterone was the thing that helped me. Seems even now, 5 mo aft weaning, that I'm still not normal. I know some people can be messed up for a year afterwards. Blech. So aggravating! I forget, have you thought about progesterone?

Blonhrt - Can't wait for results!!!

You too, mamacatsbaby!!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 PM

Thanks Katie! I have thought about progesterone. I called and left a message last week for a Holistic NP in the area who specializes in this sort of thing. I plan to make an appt with her at the end of this cycle so we can start testing hormone levels. I'd prefer to get preg without taking anything but I also don't want to wait too long. 11 months feels long enough! Do you still have short LPs now? How is your cycle messed up?

Old 02-05-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2013 View Post

Well AF arrived this morning, so I'm out greensad.gif Onto our 5th cycle it is. On the bright side I'll get to know you lovely ladies better smile.gif
I missed this before Kelly. So sorry AF found you hug.gif . fingersx.gif for November babies!

amy: Yep, I've read that about the estrogen too. Everything seems to want to point to O; I'll bet you're good to go. Time will give us the whole story now won't it! Getting your hormones checked sounds like a good step to take just to know what you're working with.

katie: I can't believe how quickly this TWW has moved for me lol.gif . Guess fear and loathing are good for TWW madness?!

Me, I'm so sleepy but I can't sleep disappointed.gif . Guess I'll lay down anyway and maybe my day will catch up with me. 'Night all!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

Old 02-06-2013, 07:26 AM

Mamacats, great will power! I'm envious....! I don't have tests in the house or else I'll use them lol

Larski, any sign of AF? None for me, just hanging out.

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycvincent View Post

Thanks Katie! I have thought about progesterone. I called and left a message last week for a Holistic NP in the area who specializes in this sort of thing. I plan to make an appt with her at the end of this cycle so we can start testing hormone levels. I'd prefer to get preg without taking anything but I also don't want to wait too long. 11 months feels long enough! Do you still have short LPs now? How is your cycle messed up?

I stopped nursing in August and was continuing to have short LPs. Same thing happened when I was still nursing DS and TTCing DD. Progesterone worked last time for me so I started it this last cycle and had my first 13 day LP. 11 months is definitely long. Not terribly surprising with nursing but it's definitely long and I'd be frustrated too! You can definitely get your progesterone levels tested but it's a pretty fickle test since the levels fluctuate a lot and so one level doesn't really tell you a whole lot. If you've been nursing and your LP is short I can almost guarantee your progesterone is low. I would imagine your NP will probably prescribe some so you can get a stronger lining and support implantation. FX you don't need that and this is the cycle for you but if not I would definitely make the appt. goodvibes.gif

Hugs, Kelly

FX Larski and Blonhrt! I think I am going to make DH hide all my tests this time around!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 AM

Mama- here's my link http://FertilityFriend.com/home/41dc0b
I'm more optimistic about it now with days of sustained higher temps... 7 DPO and all I can think about is getting myself to 9 or 10 and start testing lol I am a mess!

-Laura

wife of Ben

mommy to DS Dade 10/10/10 & DD Elloree 12/14/11

TTC #3

goorganic.jpg   h20homebirth.gif   saynovax.gif   homeschool.gif   blogging.jpg

Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 AM

Chart looks good! I hear you in going crazy to test!!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 AM

Thanks! At least tomorrow is going to be a busy day so I won't be going crazy then... But today is a long and boring day and every little bubble or twinge or twitch I'm like "oh! Implantation?! Oh! Maybe!"
Lol agggghhhh! It's ridiculous. Cause I know Im not the one who would ever feel such a thing! Lol no pregnancy symptoms early on, when they do hit they are mild, etc etc. sigh. I just have to WAIT and it is so hard today!

-Laura

wife of Ben

TTC #3

Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 AM

Nice looking chart Renaissance! fingersx.gif

Blonhrt: Every time I think of testing my stomach ends up in my throat lol.gif . Good deterrent orngtongue.gif .

Old 02-06-2013, 09:01 AM

Thanks mama!

-Laura

wife of Ben

TTC #3

Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 AM

Renaissance- our charts look crazy similar this month! Your chart looks excellent though. GL with the next couple days...find something to distract you til you can start testing! :)

My temp was up again this morning. 2 more days of high temps and FF will confirm ov for cd15!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
CD22 10dpo. Tested this morning with FMU. BFN. No big surprise. I plan on testing again tomorrow.

I'm discovering that I like testing early. I view it as a gentle reminder that AF is around the corner. What I mean is that I know there is a possibility of a BFP within the next few days, but just seeing a BFN prepares my mind for AF. So there's my wacky logic for the day.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 AM

It would be so much easier if I could get my mind to use that logic mamaBlue! Hey, it's not wacky if it's working for you, roll with it lol.gif .

Old 02-06-2013, 10:02 AM

Just needed to vent!

Sparkle Thanks for sharing your story! I got teary eyed to the part where you mentioned you were crying over missing someone who isnt even there yet. Thats exactly how I feel, I have my daughter and my husband but my family doesnt feel complete and after two years now of trying im so freaking frustrated!!

I feel so super sensitive this morning. Thank god my students have gym right now because im just a basket case. Today is CD29 and 11 DPO. I tested yesterday at 10 DPO but BFN so go figure. I think thats why im so sensitve right now. Ill test again this Friday when im 13 DPO.

I was so cranky with my husband this morning and I felt like I couldnt express to him WHY I was so upset and cranky because I felt like if I did, then I would just break down and Im just trying to hold it together right now. I was emotional last night too watching my daughter, relying on me for entertainment and she has no sibling to have fun with and play with. I have 3 siblings and I could not imagine growing up as an only child.

Im just so frustrated and I just don't have a good feeling about this one at all.....AGAIN!

I think Ill run to the dollar store rt now during my prep and torture myself with POAS knowing it'll be neg again! Ill save my expensive HPTs for this Friday!

Anyways, thanks everyone for sharing your stories, Im just so sensitive today!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 AM

It's taken me a long time to get to this point. My DD1 was a clomid baby, DD2 was my injectables+IUI baby. DD3 joined us by adoption. Then 8 years after my last pregnancy (DD2) I discovered I was pregnant with my DS. So I've experienced TTC two ways - the hard way and the oopsie way. Now here I find myself trying for another - I have no idea how this is going to go. I hoping that a little progesterone is all I need, but no matter what, I'm going to be zen about the whole thing. :)

Old 02-06-2013, 11:11 AM

Mamablue- I totally get that logic and sometimes... Soooometimes It works for me too. Lol the last couple cycles DH really got into the whole "I wanna know everything at the same time you know it" thing and it was exciting at first cause he is such a good dad and so present and excited in the ttc journey and just really cute... Haha, anyway... But something I realized is that I need a moment when I get a BFN. A moment with just me and the sad pee stick where i can just be sad and breathe... And if he is looking at it with me I don't get that and it became really stressful! So for this cycle I need to talk it over with him and let him down gently that I need to process the BFNs by myself before he gets to see. Lol I guess I'll need to be having that conversation here in the next few days since I wanna start testing at 9 or 10dpo and today is 7. o_O

-Laura

wife of Ben

TTC #3

Old 02-06-2013, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

hug.gifDeli The entire TTC process when it doesn't go smoothly and quickly is rotten and the TWW is so, so hard!! The rollercoaster is draining. I feel tired of working so hard at this but every time I think of giving up, I think maybe just one more try! I too feel so very sad imagining DD as an only child. And she asks constantly for a sibling, which is even harder. She has gotten old to enough that I've had to explain when I have AF that I am sad because I'd like a baby and having AF means I am not pregnant. She's been so very sweet. Last week when AF arrived she asked if that was why I looked sad. I said yes and she said, "That's okay. I don't need a baby brother or sister. We'll be okay!" to comfort me. And then began asking again for a baby a few days later. *sigh* Fx for you!! Sending you lots of goodvibes.gif

Blonhrt So anxiously awaiting your testing!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Old 02-06-2013, 01:57 PM

deli21 and sparkle - Hugs for you, mamas. I wish I could ease your anxieties.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycvincent View Post

My temp was up again this morning. 2 more days of high temps and FF will confirm ov for cd15!

Whoo hoo! Bring on the 2WW! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBlue View Post

I'm discovering that I like testing early. I view it as a gentle reminder that AF is around the corner. What I mean is that I know there is a possibility of a BFP within the next few days, but just seeing a BFN prepares my mind for AF. So there's my wacky logic for the day.

I definitely get that logic. A big part of me agrees but then there's the part of me that doesn't believe the BFN and keeps hope alive and somehow then I feel even more let down when AF arrives. Weird as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deli21 View Post

Im just so frustrated and I just don't have a good feeling about this one at all.....AGAIN!

Vent away. That's why we're here! Sorry you're having a tough day. This whole process is just so stressful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleMaman View Post

"That's okay. I don't need a baby brother or sister. We'll be okay!" to comfort me. And then began asking again for a baby a few days later. *sigh* Fx for you!!

Aww. That is just so sweet. It's nice you can be honest with her at this point. My friend gave me a couple of picture baby books in the 2WW a couple of months ago since she just had her baby and said we would need them soon. Then my pg friend was here so we were reading them with the kids, hers included, and now my kids keep asking to read them. One is a Dr. Sears book and is actually really good but it totally makes me sad every time I have to read it. I think I might have to hide them after bedtime tonight. My son keeps talking about when we have another baby and I keep telling him I'm not sure if we will. angry.gif

Doing ok over here. CD5 and AF is exiting the building. Starting a string of nights tonight. Fun times. Did just manage to nap for over 4h, which I often don't manage to do when I'm switching to nights so that should help. I told myself today that it's good I didn't get a BFP last cycle since I bet I'd be feeling crappy and a week of nights at 6 weeks along would be rough. So there. Bring on the positive thinking! LOL. Starting to get that when am I gonna ovulate, let's get the show on the road, feeling and I have a while to go still. Blech. I guess nights will help that time go by. DH hates when I'm on nights since I'm gone at night and then totally useless 90% of the days (he's a SAHD). Poor guy. At least it's just a few days. The wonders of our life, I suppose! 

Hope everyone is having a good day!!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:24 PM

Big hug.gif to you Deli. TTC really wears on women. And the longer it goes on the more intense it seems to become. This is so much more difficult than we've ever been lead to believe it would be and I'm sorry things are so frustrating right now. I'm hoping still that this is your cycle. Biological clock is nowhere near accurate, biological timebomb is inching toward an appropriate description of what this feels like...

Sparkle: That's so sweet about your DD. Really made me smile.

katie: The positive thinking should definitely help with the "Hurry the hell up!" wink1.gif . What's your profession, if you don't mind me asking.

Ahhh ladies, I'm going back and forth about whether or not to keep temping. 11 DPO today and the weekend is just around the bend, eep! I think I'm going to continue but the nailbiting until I see the temp each morning is getting as bad as the fear of testing! faint.gif

Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM

Wow, there is so much going on here. I think I read everything, but I'm having trouble remembering it all!

Where is everyone at in their cycle?

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
CD 5 here. Waiting to O smile.gif

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Old 02-06-2013, 03:27 PM

So sparkle, you think your ovulation is close to v'day wink1.gif ?

Old 02-06-2013, 03:51 PM

CD 22 11 DPO for me.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:53 PM

CD 24, 7DPO... Going crazy wanting to test already. Lol I know I'm gonna breakdown and test on Friday already. I have never tested early before and I am curious to test daily and DH told me to get the big pack of Internet cheapies (he's big on the volume discount thing! Lol) so I figure why not. I mean... Might as well use them since I have them! I just hope I can stay positive thru however many BFNs I end up seeing! I seriously hope this cycle is the one. For so many reasons... But kind of funny... Last night DH and I were looking at my chart and realized if I am not pregnant then AF is due on valentine's day. Yuck! Lol just a silly reason to stack a little more hope on this cycle! But whatever! Lol

-Laura

wife of Ben

TTC #3

Old 02-06-2013, 03:53 PM

Duplicate post. Ugh. Dumb iPad.

-Laura

wife of Ben

TTC #3

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List