TTC While Nursing February - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 02-16-2013, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ladyelms, I think the only way to know for sure that you are ovulating is through temping consistently which it sounds like you are doing (or by ultrasound).  Do you have any post-O symptoms?  Once I started experiencing post-O nipple pain while nursing, I was confident I was indeed O'ing (and I did end up pregnant with an early loss last month so I must have O'd).  This month my post-O nipple pain is really mild so I'm not as confident about this cycle.  Three cycles isn't that long to be TTC (although it sure can feel that way!) and because you're trying for a girl it may require even more patience.  Good luck!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#32 of 40 Old 02-16-2013, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Why do you think you're having anovulatory cycles? Could it just be that you haven't gotten lucky yet? My understanding is that it's not recommended to seek help unless you have been charting and having sex at the right time for 6 months. 

#33 of 40 Old 02-16-2013, 05:05 PM

Ladyelms, is your temp rising and staying up? If it is, you are ovulating, since the increased temp is from the progesterone from what's left of the follicle after you o.

As for the every day bding or every other day question, as I've read it seems everyday is fine if there isnt a known sperm count issue. I had a long drawn out fertile phase this month and 5 of 7 days felt like a lot though.

Afm I'm pretty sure I'm 4dpp, although there is a chance I'm 8 dpo, my chart was sooo weird this month. I tested this morning cause I had such a good temp but I'll probably hold off a few days before I test again. Hopefully the b6 will do it's job and I won't end up with AF too soon.
#34 of 40 Old 02-17-2013, 12:04 AM

Hey there.  Joining in on the fun this month.  DS3 was born 4/12 and I'm trying to catch the first PP egg.  I'm hoping this checking out these forums will help increase my energy and sex drive enough to try! DS just night weaned, which has previously meant I will start ovulating soon.  I'm not charting or anything, just waiting for good old AF.  DS nurses almost exclusively. We're trying to work through some food allergies, so I'm not sure how my fertility will be until he's more on solids.  I nursed my first through my second's pregnancy and tandem nursed until the month I got pregnant with my third.  My second weaned while I was pregnant with #3.  I'm hoping, if I manage to get pregnant soon, that DS will not wean and that I can tandem again.  I'm also in the process of adopting my 7 year old foster niece, so if getting pregnant works soon I will increase my family by 2 this year!

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#35 of 40 Old 02-18-2013, 06:37 AM

Welcome, jennyvangy!

Ladyelms, I'm in the same boat as you. DS is almost 2 and was nursing about 2 times a day until I tried to nudge him towards weaning. He is back in full force now. Just got another BFN this morning. It's our 3rd cycle of trying. With DS we lucked out on our first ttc attempt. I suppose it's time for me to move to the waiting to O list. I'm trying to be patient, but I'll be 33 this summer and that worries me.
#36 of 40 Old 02-19-2013, 11:58 AM

Hi, I'm Brittany, DH and I are TTC #2

I was wondering if anyone knows what fever does to fertility/ovulation?

I had a fever of 104.8 yesterday, and am scheduled to ovulate tomorrow, does anyone know of the fever will interfere/inhibit the ovulation? 

#37 of 40 Old 02-22-2013, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Is anyone able to be thread keeper in march? I'm starting back at work (and really not looking forward to it!)
#38 of 40 Old 02-27-2013, 03:55 PM

Can i be added to waiting to catch 1st pp egg   http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/SoCaliMommy

ChristinaMac~  I can take over the thread if no one else offers. I did it a while back before getting pregnant with my rainbow baby.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#39 of 40 Old 02-27-2013, 10:05 PM

I just finished AF but we are still Waiting To Be Ready. I think I am sitting out this cycle and probably the next one. I would rather wait to try again until after my next well-woman exam, just in case something is amiss, and I couldn't get in until the first week in April, which is not actually that long from now. I'm okay with waiting. DD is still nursing a zillion times a day so I'm probably not even fertile anyway. If she hits 2 and is still nursing like this and I haven't gotten pregnant I may have to start cutting her back some more. 

#40 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 08:10 AM

Here is the new thread for March 

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1375661/nursing-mamas-ttc-march

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page