caught fırst PP egg!
Jules09
2PPAF DD 25mos

Please put all changes in bold!
#2 of 40 Old 02-02-2013, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all! Congrats to all the January success stories! Lets hope Feb is good to us, lots of baby dust to everyone! 

A quick update from me... Taking over the thread for Feb (I'm a newb so go easy on me, I don't know all the lingo).

DH and I are still "trying", well not trying as much as not preventing. Not charting, still no PPAF, I've noticed some breast tenderness and nipple sensitivity the last few days, and breasts seem a bit bigger than usual but I think I've gained a few pounds in the last week or two.. Also DD is teething and having more solids lately, so I'm attributing that to nipple soreness... I'm not getting my hopes up. I've been feeling a bit off in the mornings as well, but I think this might be all in my head. I want to be pregnant so badly that I'm imagining things. DH wants me to test but I think I'll wait a week or so and see if these symptoms persist. Maybe AF is coming? Did any of you have PMS signs before PPAF arrived? I was kind of hoping I would have a few warning signs, like maybe a bit of my sex drive would return. So far no dice in that department. 

#3 of 40 Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaMac View Post

Did any of you have PMS signs before PPAF arrived? 

I did. I was crazy grumpy. My first 3 postpartum periods were almost 50 days apart. I had wicked PMS and I experienced confusing body signs. Now I've settled into regular cycle pattern. I'm so much more pleasant to be around, lol. This past month I used an OPK and I had a great LH surge as well as other physical ovulatory symptoms, so I'm pretty certain I'm back to normal again.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#4 of 40 Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 AM

Am I the only one who thinks it would make more sense to give the month and year of our child's birth rather than their age? That way we don't have to keep updating their age. 

Nothing new to report with me. I think I need a mental break from being he11-bent for babies. 

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#5 of 40 Old 02-03-2013, 01:44 PM

erigeron, I second your suggestion about stating our kids' b-days instead of current age.  When I was hosting in December, I also thought that the new year might be a good time to overhaul the whole list - delete everyone and add back in only those who are currently participating in the thread.  I'd even go so far as to suggest that maybe it would be easier for the person hosting to not categorize everyone according to waiting to o or waiting to know, etc. since us nursing moms seem to be too busy to regularly update our status but maybe that's just me feeling lazy? shrug.gif 

How long have you been TTC, erigeron?  I'm feeling totally blah about TTC this month after our early loss last month.  I could use a mental break too.  Hopefully everyone else is feeling more excited this month!  Wishing everyone lots of Valentine's month babydust.

I'm waiting to O, DD 22mos (or 3/11), 6PPAF, TTC 5mos

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#6 of 40 Old 02-03-2013, 01:46 PM

P.S. Thanks for hosting this month, ChristinaMac!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#7 of 40 Old 02-03-2013, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Excellent ideas erigeron and AngelKissedKids! I will erase the list. I'll keep a few months of success stories. I like the idea of keeping the list in sections of waiting to know, waiting to o etc. It's neat to be able to see whats happening with who. BUT it would be WAY easier not to have to move people around constantly, especially for me, since I'm usually posting from my phone and to edit my post I have to go on to my computer which is kind of a chore since DD wants to go everywhere I go and insists on "helping me type" if I'm anywhere near the keyboard. So unless anyone has a big issue with me changing the format I will do so tomorrow when I refresh the list. So ladies, please post DC's bday and any other TTC info you'd like me to include as I update the list, such as how long you've been TTC and how many PPAFs.
#8 of 40 Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 PM

I'm still Waiting To Be Ready, DD born 6/11

AngelKissedKids, long story! We were trying for a couple of cycles back in July/August 2012, then my husband bagged on it because he was worried about the timing of a baby being born in juxtaposition with when he's going to submit for tenure. I got really mad that he unilaterally changed his mind on me and we spent several months dealing with the fallout of that. Ultimately he concluded it wasn't as big a deal as he thought and we could try after all, but now I'm the one who's having second thoughts. DD is finally getting to an age where she's really fun and starting to be more independent and better at communicating and sleep better, and I think partly because I am enjoying her so much and am also starting to have more time for myself I no longer feel such a strong drive to go ahead and have another one right, right now. Infant is not my favorite age and I'm not in a big hurry to start over with constant nursing, a zillion poops a day, etc. I think we will probably wait another few months to start trying again. 

Early summer 2014 would really be the perfect time for us to have a baby. DH is an instructor at the college level and taking much time off in the middle of a term is not really feasible for him, but if our baby is born in summer he can take summer term off without penalty (other than not getting paid for the time he isn't teaching). That would put our kids 3 years apart, which I think would be okay, and hopefully DD would be potty trained by then (she's so darn smart I'm sure she can figure it out.) I don't know if I'm really going to want to wait until this fall to try again though. 

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#9 of 40 Old 02-03-2013, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm in my 2ww, DS born 11/11, PPAF returned 4/12, TTC since 11/12

Hoping there's lots of BFPs this month (and that one of them is mine)!

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#10 of 40 Old 02-04-2013, 06:29 AM

Waiting to catch the first PP egg.   DS - 4/11

Nothing new here.

DS 4/11

#11 of 40 Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM

Waiting to catch the first egg. DD is 16 months. She was born Sept/2011.

Mother to a wonderful little girl, born Sept/2011 via h20homebirth.gif and enjoyingbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gif

Currently belly.gif(EDD: February 2014)

#12 of 40 Old 02-04-2013, 04:54 PM

I got my BFP! Due 2nd week of October! joy.gif

Babydust! 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#13 of 40 Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Waiting to ovulate, DD born 05/2012, 4th PPAF

Congrats, Serenyd!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#14 of 40 Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Serenyd! Thanks mamaBlue, good to know... I'm still feeling really weird, I thought for sure these were preg symptoms. Tested today and BFN. It was over three weeks ago DH and I tried so I can't say it's too early. DH and I are kind of bummed but I had a feeling it was too good to be true! Anyway, onward and upward I guess!

#15 of 40 Old 02-05-2013, 10:50 AM

Hellobmy name is Kim. Me and my Fiance are trying to concieve...I am new on here so I really have no clue as to what I can get help on but I have soo many questions and need someone anyone to please have answers...I have no idea when my ovulation days are but from what I read from surfing the internet it should be the week before my cycle...is this true.? We thought that a week ago I was pregnant but I heard the stress of wanting to get pregnant can give you the symptoms...needless to say it REALLY hurt to see not pregnant pop up... I would like to join this group I feel I will learn alot from the everyone else...we have been together 5 years now and will be 6 june 26.2013 our wedding date is june 26 of 2014 we want to have our child before then if able we both are working toward a masters in computer science...I just thought I should include a little about us
#16 of 40 Old 02-06-2013, 04:02 AM

I'm Waiting to O, 3rd pp cycle, DS2 born 4-12.

Congrats Serenyd!

FutureMommy the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" is a great place to start to learn about your cycle and how to optimize your chance of getting pregnant.  I also use the site fertilityfriend to chart my cycles, the tutorials on there have a lot of good info as well.

Doesn't look like I'll O on time this month, I was hoping to O by CD15, which is my "normal" breastfeeding cycle, but here it is CD14 and I haven't had my typical pre ovulation cramps and not much EWCM yet.  Then I got thinking about it, and since my LP was only 7 days last month maybe I won't O till CD17-18, which would make O days 24-25 days apart (my normal cycle length)? does that make sense?  It seems my body takes a while figuring out this pp fertility thing.  My degree is in science although I don't use it at all, I think I'm obsesse with charting because it is so scientific lol. I've been taking B6 this month, hoping it will stretch out my LP.  Anyone else who has taken it seen a drastic change in just one cycle?  My 3 pp lps have been 7 days, 8 days and 7 days, so I really need to add at least 2-3 days.  This is the best month in the whole year for me to get pregnant in terms of the logistics of our family, we own a seasonal business and or crazy season is summer, and I'd LOVE to be over the puking part and happily in second trimester during it. Here's to hoping.

#17 of 40 Old 02-06-2013, 06:55 AM

hello all, cd3 here. waiting to O and gearing up to try again on cd8 and 9. this will be our 3rd cycle trying. i'm feeling a bit apprehensive w/ continuing towards a winter baby and have considered holding out for a few months. i had ppd for the first time my last birth and those winter months were harrowing.

my last 2 cycles were perfect--o'ed on cd13, followed by a 14day lp. wondering if it's safe to assume my cycles are unaffected by nursing. makes sense to me, other than the fact that we're still here in the TTC boat! *shrug*

good luck, all!

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#18 of 40 Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelms View Post

hello all, cd3 here. waiting to O and gearing up to try again on cd8 and 9. this will be our 3rd cycle trying. i'm feeling a bit apprehensive w/ continuing towards a winter baby and have considered holding out for a few months. i had ppd for the first time my last birth and those winter months were harrowing.

my last 2 cycles were perfect--o'ed on cd13, followed by a 14day lp. wondering if it's safe to assume my cycles are unaffected by nursing. makes sense to me, other than the fact that we're still here in the TTC boat! *shrug*

good luck, all!

Have you looked into placenta pills? I've heard those can help a lot. 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#19 of 40 Old 02-07-2013, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

I just started charting and I've noticed my cervix is moving. It's higher and a lot softer since yesterday. Does this mean my body's gearing up to O? Will we be BDing tonight just in case!
#20 of 40 Old 02-11-2013, 04:51 AM

Christina a high soft open cervix is a sign of fertility, usually accompanied by egg white or wet cm. Good luck!

Ff gave me crosshairs this morning, really strange past few days, I got a great temp shift ( I'm usually a slow riser) but no positive opk, and I was resting twice a day. I also didn't feel any stabbing o pains like I normally do, although I had plenty of my normal cramping. But I'll take it! Glad I did o nearly on time cd 16, testing Saturday!
#21 of 40 Old 02-14-2013, 04:29 AM

For about a week now, I've had severe cramps on and off. I have endo, so I always have severe cramps with af (not before) but I've yet to get my ppaf. I'm not pregnant (sadly). Is af coming and when? Anyone else experience this?

Mother to a wonderful little girl, born Sept/2011 via h20homebirth.gif and enjoyingbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gif

Currently belly.gif(EDD: February 2014)

#22 of 40 Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 PM

Please add me to the "Waiting to ovulate" section.

After what seems like forever ( but was actually 19.5 months) I finally got my moon today! bow.gif  So, SO happy to finally have my cycle back. joy.gif

#23 of 40 Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 PM

Hi, ladies. I'm new here. I've been ttc #2 since Dec 2012. DS was born April 2011 and is still nursing 2 - 3 times per day. Looking for some company and support through the journey!

I started feeling nausea and hot flashes today so am somewhat optimistic. 1week left til I can test. Anybody else feeling any pg signs?
#24 of 40 Old 02-15-2013, 06:23 AM

That's exciting alisondarling!  I waited for my 1st PPAF for 14 months after my first was born and for 17 months after my second was born; 19.5 months must have felt like such a long time when you're wanting to grow your family more.

Welcome writeonyogamama - wishing you a very short stay with us!  My LO was born 3/11 and still nurses more than a dozen times a day.  Hopefully the fact your LO is only nursing 2-3 times a day will mean you're fertile again.

AFM, please move me to waiting to know.  I will probably start POASing on Feb 20th so I've got a while to wait and agonize over my symptoms!

#25 of 40 Old 02-15-2013, 09:15 AM

I'll POAS on Monday or Tuesday. AF isn't due until next Fri. Meanwhile DS has turned into a nursing monster! It's making me nauseous and crampy plus sore nipples. I got over ambitious last week with trying to reduce his feedings and it has officially backfired.
#26 of 40 Old 02-15-2013, 12:33 PM

hey, all. i'm officially in the TWW. i might have O'ed too early this cycle, cd11, and am pretty certain i can link it to my 2yo nursling pulling an all-night nursing session a few nights ago. not feeling optimistic as a result, but am eager to see. gl to all!

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#27 of 40 Old 02-15-2013, 03:18 PM

Sukhada, I'm not sure about the cramping-- is it still happening?

Please move me to Waiting to Know. I believe I O'ed yesterday, CD20, because of having a + OPK the night before and now this morning I am seeing that I no longer have EWCM. My OPK instructions say that ovulation will likely happen 24 -36 hours after the surge is detected, so we went with that in deciding when/how often to BD. DH has no sperm issues, but the last week has been really busy and just the idea of BD'ing several days in a row was making us exhausted!  I hope we got the timing good, and that my calculations of yesterday being my peak day are accurate. I had 6 straight days of EWCM, which is the longest ever for me-- it kind of threw me off, because I wasn't really sure when I was finally going to O! So in a nutshell, it turned out to be this: We ended up BD'ing the one night, then the next night I detected the surge (no BD that night), then BD last night. I don't really enjoy trying to pinpoint things like this, but I really want to optimize our chances... I guess if you don't feel like BD'ing every day that EWCM is happening, it's better to do it every other day and hope that there is nice fresh swimmers for peak day-- thoughts?

#28 of 40 Old 02-16-2013, 06:47 AM

so, i'm beginning to determine that i'm having anovulatory cycles while still bf'ing my 2yo, even though i am menstruating and having obvious follicular and luteal phases. does anyone know if opk's will ultimately determine for me whether i am or am not ovulating? in other words, will an opk show positive even if no egg is being released? thx.

#29 of 40 Old 02-16-2013, 06:53 AM

My understanding about OPKs is that they only detect the LH surge, but having a surge does not guarantee that one will end up ovulating.How is it that you suspect you are having anovaluatory cycles?

#30 of 40 Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 AM

thx, tenzin'smama, that was my guess. this is my 3rd cycle ttc, so i'm really just considering any reasonable idea that may be preventing conception. i do see a connection w/ how often dd nurses (especially throughout the night) and my cycle "acting up". some months it seems to respond by O'ing too early; i'm beginning to wonder if i might not even be O'ing altogether.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page