shettles talk (acidity, girls) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

the pro-girl acidic low ph diet is so counterintuitive to me--basically grains and dairy?! anybody here have success keeping proper levels by eating this way and tracking consistantly via ph paper? i'm thinking about how realistic this next step would be for me. (currently only doing the timing portion)

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Elora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Eilish Neve Isebeul, 6/12/14!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Bumping up for more input!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

or any! lol.

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Elora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Eilish Neve Isebeul, 6/12/14!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I did not become pregnant usuing the Shettles method because of my fertility issues and a surprise pregnancy, but I did try it and I did a lot of reading about it. My MIL and SIL's have used this method to choose the sex of their babies. (I think I had mentioned that in a different thread.) Anyway, it's been several years, but here is what I remember:

It is my understanding that the general American population tends to lean towards being more acidic than is healthy. I did and do try eat foods that counteract acids for my overall well-being. That said, after reading Dr. Shettles' book and talking with my SIL's, I was willing to do everything he suggested, with the exception of my diet. My feeling was that additional fiddling with my ph could mess with my overall fertility, and I wasn't about to do that. His other recommendations I followed, namely, timing, position and I did use plain Robitussin (the one that had Guaifenesin as its only active ingredient) to improve my CM.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List