I'm new - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My name is Leah. I just joined. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost two years now. We have decided to start trying for a baby. I went off birth control at the end of December. When I first stop taking birth control I got my period. And then I got another one at the end of last month. So I'm hoping this means my body is going back to normal and we will get pregnant soon. I'm taking pre-natal vitamins, eating lots of fruits and vegetables and walking to work every day. I'm really hoping it doesn't take to long since my boyfriend and I really want a baby. But I have a feeling it might since my boyfriend works out of town and is only home for a week at a time. So he won't always be home when I am ovulating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome!! :)

Old 02-12-2013, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Track your periods. I used MyMonthlyCycle.com and didn't realize I was late till it sent me an email saying "You're 6 days late".

Start taking prenatals NOW since it takes 3 months for the eggs to become healthy.

Start eating based on the food pyramid and start eating as if you're already pregnant (300 calories on top of what you're already consuming). 

Be patient!! If you are under 35 and your partner is under 45, it'll take up to a year, though most get pregnant before.

Don't use anything but water-based lubes if you need any. Keep sex FUN! If you make it a chore, it'll never happen. (I gave up after TTC 7 months and got my bpf at month 8! I was 22 and my partner was 38) 

I've heard to knock out all nicotine, alcohol, etc. I was drinking and using my ecig until I got my bfp.

Take the time to get finances in order, talk things through (for or against circumcision? I didn't allow it on my son), etc.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List