Try to make a little us - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, my name is Kim me and my fiancee have been trying to concieve for about four months now, after the third month I went to the doctor for a pep smear exam and he told me I had a scar on my cervix...I wanted to know could this scar on my cervix be the reason I haven't became pregnant yet? I have been pregnant once before in my lifetime but due to that I was in a abusive relationship I had a miscarriage...I wanted to know if this mistake of thinking someone truly loved me caused the scarring and will be the reason me and the love of my life can't make a little us...
#2 of 3 Old 02-06-2013, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I would ask your doctor about that.  It seems like as long as the sperm can get inside your uterus, you should be able to get pregnant as long as everything else beyond there is in good shape.  Hang in there!  According to this website only 50% of healthy couples get pregnant after 4 months.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 3 Old 02-11-2013, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It took me (22 at the time) and my partner of 5 years (38 at time) 8 months. I actually found out after I got my BFP that the plain Robitussin I was taking for a Georgia flu I caught while visiting family in FL was what got me pregnant. Apparently it gives you an extra few days., something about making the cervical mucous (discharge) more "sperm friendly". Just ask a midwife about this trick.

The scar: Have you had any "work" done (biopsy, LEEP, rough pap etc). If so, this is the reason for the scar. An abusive relationship is not going to cause this unless random objects were shoved in you. Abortion will cause scarring, but you had a miscarriage (so sorry, glad to see you've emotionally and physically healed!!)

Here's the thing: If you're under 35 AND your partner is under 45, wait a year and then see a doctor. If you and/or your partner is over this age, wait 6 months and then see a doctor. This is when your fertility starts to drop. Also, start with HIS test since it's cheaper, easier and painfree. His will be a semenalysis. Yours will be HSG and other uterine, fallopian, ovary and cervical tests.

Again, almost all people will conceive in the first year. In the meanwhile, you and your partner should discuss topics such as circumcision, finding a pediatrician or family doctor, get finances in order, etc.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page