A Saner TTC-The Snow Moon - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 102 Old 03-02-2013, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Lilykay - snap - my first month with opk's too! I got a lighter one, + the next day, then 2fays later a shadow, lol but ff tells me I haven't O'd yet... But it's fascinating, I'm not expecting to temp continuously every month... Just want to get a feel for it ūüėú but I'll probably discover I'm irregular lol and have to keep doing it!
So who is in the tww? I'm assuming I'm a day or so in, lilykay you are at 10dpo?

Mamacats - Susan cooper is ex uk now usa citizen, her dark is rising is a classic good v bad fantasy - I love it... How's your cycle?

Prescott - you seem unusually quiet... All ok?

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Looking good so far
#62 of 102 Old 03-03-2013, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey everybody!! I've been keeping tabs on ya'll a bit from my email. I don't get all the posts for some reason, but I do get many of them. It's been a busy few days w/work and doing things w/DP and then there were so many posts I didn't want to just pop in w/o really reading what's been going on for everyone. I have a quiet evening to myself though so get ready for a marathon reply love.gif

All this talk of books inspired me to pick up the library book I've had checked out for ages and keep forgetting about even though it's a great book. So Thanks! thumb.gif  I super duper love books too. I love how many similar interests we all seem to have. My  spare room is lined w/books. I just can't seem to get enough of them. I can hardly wait to organize them better and finish unpacking the last 4 boxes when I get done laying the floors in my house and remodeling that room, which has turned into the "chuck it" room and the house remodeling storage space plus I still need to use my desk, computer, scanner & printer in there for one of my clients  lol it's packed to say the least, and has been for ohhhhh, about 3 years winky.gif.  Oh & "The Dark is Rising" was one of my favorite series when I was young. I think I read it a couple times, which I never did back then-so many other things to read, but oh it was so good.

LilyKay-we haven't done the microscope experiment yet cuz DP was kind of having issues w/other things in his life and was a little freaked by the idea that we'd look at his swimmers and perhaps find they weren't good enough or whatever so I've held off bringing it up again til he's not so stressed and now it's really time to BD so I don't want to "waste" swimmers for the microscope lol but I'll let ya know how it goes when we get around to it. One of my good friends has hooked up w/an older guy who had a vasectomy w/his 1st wife so they kinda want to check out the microscope action too, cuz V's don't always work 100% lol and she wants kids.

Chuord-sounds like you and I are on similar cycles. I've been peeing on OPK's too, not positive yet....It's CD 10 today for me. 

Mamacat-I too decided long ago that physical discipline wasn't the way I wanted to go w/my kids. My first stepdad was a bit of a bastard in general and especially when it came to disciplining me-lots of spankings for things that made no sense to get spanked for and my mom let him do it. So I grew up resentful and bitter about that. She had her own equally derisive ways of disciplining and now that I'm getting closer to finally having a kid I think about whether I'd trust her enough to leave my young child in her care. So far it's a no, but we'll see how it goes I guess...My grandma is the one I miss...wish she was still around to dote on my babies. She was so wonderful with me.

My list of income streams for the past year or so is something like this: catering, gluten free baking, organizing, child care, nutrition coaching, consulting, book editing, photo scanning, substitute teacher, front office sub, house sitter, etsy store owner, farmer's market vendor... some of these occur more often or on a more regular basis than others. Some have been a one time deal so far, but could perhaps turn into something more regular. There's an "unjobbing" forum here. I think it's in the "finding your tribe" section. It's a great place to go for ideas and support for this type of alternative form of employment. Feel free to PM if you want more info thumb.gif

JustJenny & LilyKay-how ya doin w/the end of the TWW?? Hangin in there?? 

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#63 of 102 Old 03-03-2013, 08:21 PM

Prescott - yay on the long post! Glad to hear you are at O time! I got 3 dpo this morning (ff crosshairs finally) so now I'm in the symptom spotting phase lol.. I'm feeling relaxed we're either on or we're not. The hardest bit is subtley changing my diet to be pg appropriate in case... And keeping dh out of the loop until I get a + as according to my therapy lady he wants the baby out way fast (two weeks) and was the main reason for my early losses - but I love him heaps regardless.
Happy BDing!!!!!

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Looking good so far
#64 of 102 Old 03-03-2013, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post

Prescott - yay on the long post! Glad to hear you are at O time! I got 3 dpo this morning (ff crosshairs finally) so now I'm in the symptom spotting phase lol.. I'm feeling relaxed we're either on or we're not. The hardest bit is subtley changing my diet to be pg appropriate in case... And keeping dh out of the loop until I get a + as according to my therapy lady he wants the baby out way fast (two weeks) and was the main reason for my early losses - but I love him heaps regardless.
Happy BDing!!!!!

chuord, I know exactly what you mean about diet changes.  I can't test until next weekend to have any kind of accuracy, but I'm trying to do things better anyway just in case.  The caffeine is killing me, not so much because I "need" it, but because it's in everything fun. hahaha  And I already miss margaritas.

wife to an AMAZING dude and mommy to an awesome 9 month old boy
#65 of 102 Old 03-03-2013, 10:28 PM

Ultrafighter - totally lol... I have drink probably 5 drinks in the last 7 years, and now I'm craving wine lol - good luck with it!

#66 of 102 Old 03-04-2013, 01:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey everyone!

chuord - 13 DPO here (see my rant below).  I'm drinking wine until 6 or 7 DPO (around when implantation could potentially happen) and by drinking I mean a glass or two at most. I think before then the occasional drink is insignificant. I'm personally not giving up coffee/tea/sushi/rare steak unless I get a BFP because it's hard enough not being pregnant, I don't want to put extra pressure by putting many things in my life on hold.

prescott - wow, I'm amazed at all the things you do! Best of luck for the next few days...

AFM - I am the opposite of sane over here and forgive me for the following symptom spotting... It's now 13 DPO, got a BFN this morning after DP convinced me to take a test. I'm going crazy because my temps have been steadily going up instead of the regular down (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/40b3fd), I think I spotted on Fri/Sat but I'm not sure (was wearing dark underwear). And since then I've been having regular yellow CM. I go to the bathroom every half hour to see if AF arrived or not, and then start analyzing is this spotting or what (gross, sorry I know).

I know there is not much to do other than just wait and see.

But honestly waiting and not knowing suck! bag.gif

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

#67 of 102 Old 03-04-2013, 03:18 AM

Wow lilykay... I'm a newbie at charting but if any business had that increase lol they would be stoked! You're not coming down with anything? Then it's looking good - I agree the waiting sucks... I was thinking of flying next week to see my parents (they just got back from sorting grandma /deceased estate in uk, and mum had breast cancer last year) for mums birthday - BUT it would be a day or two before my tww is up, and I sorta feel a) I don't want to add to my issues with another early loss b) I really should be with dh at a time like that?! So dilemma... Bye still feeling full in the tummy and waves of very mild nausea - not a normal pms for me...
I admire your ability to carry on with the good food, I am overly careful normally after food poisoning, but I was going to continue with deli meats and soft cheeses - out parents must have right? A friend (male doctor with preggo wife) went off at me about not respecting life and being close to a murderer for not refusing anything that could affect blah blah... I know there are things that are taboo, but if people were more supportive of other people's thoughts it would be nicer ūüėú sorry about my rant... He's a great guy really

#68 of 102 Old 03-04-2013, 03:51 AM

chuord - haha I must've put my daughter in grave danger during the last pregnancy. I ate it all, soft cheese, deli meats, ordered steak medium rare, ate Sushi once from a good source and drank a tiny glass of wine in the second trimester (on my birthday). To be fair I had already tested positive on the toxoplasmosis test so I felt more relaxed. I'd say the only true taboo things are drugs which includes smoking. And alcohol. My grandmother ate raw liver during all 9 of her pregnancies because it was considered very healthy at the time. I also eat liver once a week but cooked.. it's nature's vitamin supplement.

The French are not losing babies left and right for eating tons of raw soft cheeses (ever try raw Camembert, so awesome) and steak tartare, and neither are the Japanese for eating Sushi. Major food poisoning problems tend to come from tainted vegetables anyway. I just get angry when people use the scare tactic to police pregnant/nursing women.

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

#69 of 102 Old 03-04-2013, 06:58 AM

Hi again everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome back on page (2?) of this thread. orngbiggrin.gif

I've popped in a couple times to join in but kept getting interrupted before I'd finished catching up.

Congratulations SparkleMaman! thumb.gif Hopefully your next nine months will be sweet and peaceful and uneventful.

Disciplining children is so different these days, isn't it? I think mostly it's because we're all so aware that our style of discipline is a choice--that different cultures have different ways of disciplining. I imagine that's very different than the choice our parents and grandparents had: raise children like their parents did, like their neighbors do, or try not to do what their parents did, not to do what their neighbors are doing. My discipline style is vastly different than it was 8 years ago when my oldest was born. I used to be much more child-led and "modern" but have swung toward being more matter-of-fact and practical. Sounds a little like you, MamaCat. A little healthy neglect is the best thing for kids (emphasis on "little" and "healthy"--don't get me wrong!) Some of the old "you're driving me nuts, go outside and play!" can be a godsend for all parties. I was also spanked and hated it, LilyKay, so that I will never do.

Prescott, how do you determine whether sperm are healthy under a microscope? We have one, and that might be fun... although I can imagine it being too weird for DH. What magnification do you need? What do you look for?

JustJenny, hope all is well with you.

AFM, I'm about 6DPO (not exactly sure, I just go by secondary fertility signs these days), so here is where my zen-ness starts to deteriorate. I can feel my future splitting into two paths. The 9-months-from-now math is automatic and unstoppable, so I can see my babe-in-arms November and my.... what? maybe working more, projects done, exercising religiously (ha!) November... hanging there, waiting.

-Eunoia

#70 of 102 Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 AM

Chourd, Ultrafighter & Eunoia- Good luck in your TWW - I'm thinking of all of you and sending out lots of positive baby vibes goodvibes.gif

Lilykay- Hoping you get a bfp within the next few days. Your chart looks great- hope those temps keep rising for ya!

Prescott- Happy bding! thumb.gif

AFM- Not so great gloomy.gif 14dpo and multiple bfn's. I've known for several days that I'm not pregnant - Not even any symptoms to spot. I'm coming out the other side of the disappointment though and just wanting AF to hurry up. I have my "official" blood test tomorrow to confirm the no. Most likely will be doing IUI for the next cycle.

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#71 of 102 Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Hi ladies! wave.gif I've run out of time lol.gif but I'll BBL. Hope all is well for you guys!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#72 of 102 Old 03-04-2013, 02:06 PM

Lilykay - that's exactly how I feel, except no raw liver ever ūüėĚ you give me hope to stay a little looser about it - on Thursday we are going to a very good Japanese restaurant for dh bday, I may still have fish - just cooked ūüėÄ
Thank you! Btw my fav all time cheese is cambozola - it's a triple cream blue brie, (speciality shop in Aus) it melts in your mouth like a dream! I like Camembert but find Brie creamier for me.
Eunoia - gl with the beginning of the wondering... I'm right with you bar a few days... I'm just sick of the mild nausea I'm getting - i mean 4dpo today so it's not pg related lol
Justjenny - thank you! I hope you either get a nice surprise tomorrow, or AF then starts quickly, for some reason after I get a true bfn my body releases and AF arrives the next day
Mamacats ūüėÉūüėÉūüėÉ

#73 of 102 Old 03-04-2013, 06:03 PM

Alrighty then, backity-back! orngbiggrin.gif
Quote:

Lilykay - snap - my first month with opk's too! I got a lighter one, + the next day, then 2fays later a shadow, lol but ff tells me I haven't O'd yet... But it's fascinating, I'm not expecting to temp continuously every month... Just want to get a feel for it ūüėú but I'll probably discover I'm irregular lol and have to keep doing it!
So who is in the tww? I'm assuming I'm a day or so in, lilykay you are at 10dpo?

Mamacats - Susan cooper is ex uk now usa citizen, her dark is rising is a classic good v bad fantasy - I love it... How's your cycle?

Prescott - you seem unusually quiet... All ok?
I looked her up chourd as I love a great good vs evil yarn. Definitely going in my "To read" list, thanks! I'm in the TWW, 9DPO today, waiting, waiting, waiting lol. Oh, and yeah, people love to try and boss pg ladies around eyesroll.gif . I have no idea why. I guess getting pg automatically means we get stupider?! Absent-minded sure but not stoopid wink1.gif .

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottchels View Post

Hey everybody!! I've been keeping tabs on ya'll a bit from my email. I don't get all the posts for some reason, but I do get many of them. It's been a busy few days w/work and doing things w/DP and then there were so many posts I didn't want to just pop in w/o really reading what's been going on for everyone. I have a quiet evening to myself though so get ready for a marathon reply love.gif

All this talk of books inspired me to pick up the library book I've had checked out for ages and keep forgetting about even though it's a great book. So Thanks! thumb.gif
  I super duper love books too. I love how many similar interests we all seem to have. My  spare room is lined w/books. I just can't seem to get enough of them. I can hardly wait to organize them better and finish unpacking the last 4 boxes when I get done laying the floors in my house and remodeling that room, which has turned into the "chuck it" room and the house remodeling storage space plus I still need to use my desk, computer, scanner & printer in there for one of my clients  lol it's packed to say the least, and has been for ohhhhh, about 3 years winky.gif
.  Oh & "The Dark is Rising" was one of my favorite series when I was young. I think I read it a couple times, which I never did back then-so many other things to read, but oh it was so good.

LilyKay-we haven't done the microscope experiment yet cuz DP was kind of having issues w/other things in his life and was a little freaked by the idea that we'd look at his swimmers and perhaps find they weren't good enough or whatever so I've held off bringing it up again til he's not so stressed and now it's really time to BD so I don't want to "waste" swimmers for the microscope lol but I'll let ya know how it goes when we get around to it. One of my good friends has hooked up w/an older guy who had a vasectomy w/his 1st wife so they kinda want to check out the microscope action too, cuz V's don't always work 100% lol and she wants kids.

Chuord-sounds like you and I are on similar cycles. I've been peeing on OPK's too, not positive yet....It's CD 10 today for me. 

Mamacat-I too decided long ago that physical discipline wasn't the way I wanted to go w/my kids. My first stepdad was a bit of a bastard in general and especially when it came to disciplining me-lots of spankings for things that made no sense to get spanked for and my mom let him do it. So I grew up resentful and bitter about that. She had her own equally derisive ways of disciplining and now that I'm getting closer to finally having a kid I think about whether I'd trust her enough to leave my young child in her care. So far it's a no, but we'll see how it goes I guess...My grandma is the one I miss...wish she was still around to dote on my babies. She was so wonderful with me.
My list of income streams for the past year or so is something like this: catering, gluten free baking, organizing, child care, nutrition coaching, consulting, book editing, photo scanning, substitute teacher, front office sub, house sitter, etsy store owner, farmer's market vendor... some of these occur more often or on a more regular basis than others. Some have been a one time deal so far, but could perhaps turn into something more regular. There's an "unjobbing" forum here. I think it's in the "finding your tribe" section. It's a great place to go for ideas and support for this type of alternative form of employment. Feel free to PM if you want more info thumb.gif

JustJenny & LilyKay-how ya doin w/the end of the TWW?? Hangin in there?? 
I'd never seen that "Unjobbing" tribe before, thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. My step-dad hit my younger brother trying to discipline him once when we were young kids and my sister and I freaked completely out lol.gif . As far as I can remember he never tried to discipline us like that, or any way really, again. He let my mom handle things, and that's the way it should have been IMO. Hope you keep good and busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrafighter View Post

chuord, I know exactly what you mean about diet changes.  I can't test until next weekend to have any kind of accuracy, but I'm trying to do things better anyway just in case.  The caffeine is killing me, not so much because I "need" it, but because it's in everything fun. hahaha  And I already miss margaritas.
Yeah, I love artisan brews and really miss being able to have a good beer in the TWW yummy.gif .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyKay View Post

Hey everyone!

chuord - 13 DPO here (see my rant below).  I'm drinking wine until 6 or 7 DPO (around when implantation could potentially happen) and by drinking I mean a glass or two at most. I think before then the occasional drink is insignificant. I'm personally not giving up coffee/tea/sushi/rare steak unless I get a BFP because it's hard enough not being pregnant, I don't want to put extra pressure by putting many things in my life on hold.

prescott - wow, I'm amazed at all the things you do! Best of luck for the next few days...

AFM - I am the opposite of sane over here and forgive me for the following symptom spotting... It's now 13 DPO, got a BFN this morning after DP convinced me to take a test. I'm going crazy because my temps have been steadily going up instead of the regular down (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/40b3fd), I think I spotted on Fri/Sat but I'm not sure (was wearing dark underwear). And since then I've been having regular yellow CM. I go to the bathroom every half hour to see if AF arrived or not, and then start analyzing is this spotting or what (gross, sorry I know).

I know there is not much to do other than just wait and see.

But honestly waiting and not knowing suck! bag.gif
The waiting does suck as well as blow my dear! Your chart looks great! Hoping that was some implantation spotting fingersx.gif . How much longer 'til you can test? Yeah, everything is fair game as acceptable in TTC/TWW/PG mode so no worries about gross here winky.gif .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunoia View Post

Hi again everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome back on page (2?) of this thread. orngbiggrin.gif

I've popped in a couple times to join in but kept getting interrupted before I'd finished catching up.

Congratulations SparkleMaman! thumb.gif Hopefully your next nine months will be sweet and peaceful and uneventful.

Disciplining children is so different these days, isn't it? I think mostly it's because we're all so aware that our style of discipline is a choice--that different cultures have different ways of disciplining. I imagine that's very different than the choice our parents and grandparents had: raise children like their parents did, like their neighbors do, or try not to do what their parents did, not to do what their neighbors are doing. My discipline style is vastly different than it was 8 years ago when my oldest was born. I used to be much more child-led and "modern" but have swung toward being more matter-of-fact and practical. Sounds a little like you, MamaCat. A little healthy neglect is the best thing for kids (emphasis on "little" and "healthy"--don't get me wrong!) Some of the old "you're driving me nuts, go outside and play!" can be a godsend for all parties. I was also spanked and hated it, LilyKay, so that I will never do.

Prescott, how do you determine whether sperm are healthy under a microscope? We have one, and that might be fun... although I can imagine it being too weird for DH. What magnification do you need? What do you look for?

JustJenny, hope all is well with you.

AFM, I'm about 6DPO (not exactly sure, I just go by secondary fertility signs these days), so here is where my zen-ness starts to deteriorate. I can feel my future splitting into two paths. The 9-months-from-now math is automatic and unstoppable, so I can see my babe-in-arms November and my.... what? maybe working more, projects done, exercising religiously (ha!) November... hanging there, waiting.

-Eunoia
Eunoia I always get interrupted too so I get that nod.gif . When my DS1 was younger I did more of the child-led/GD thing but as he got older I realized those things just weren't working for us any longer. I got more seasoned in this parenting gig, added a second kid (and if that doesn't season you up I don't know what will! lol.gif I did find having two easier than having one though), and have kind of found my groove more or less. Now, I have to switch some things up sometimes as kids keep throwing weird, unforeseen, razor-sharp curve balls and various debris at your head lol.gif but overall I really like how I've grown. And yeah, the waiting is rough! When are you going to test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJenny View Post

Chourd, Ultrafighter & Eunoia- Good luck in your TWW - I'm thinking of all of you and sending out lots of positive baby vibes goodvibes.gif

Lilykay- Hoping you get a bfp within the next few days. Your chart looks great- hope those temps keep rising for ya!

Prescott- Happy bding! thumb.gif

AFM- Not so great gloomy.gif
 14dpo and multiple bfn's. I've known for several days that I'm not pregnant - Not even any symptoms to spot. I'm coming out the other side of the disappointment though and just wanting AF to hurry up. I have my "official" blood test tomorrow to confirm the no. Most likely will be doing IUI for the next cycle.
Ditto what chourd said JustJenny hug.gifhug2.gifhug.gif I have a searing hate for that lonely line. Maybe HPT's were in fact invented as a way to drive us over the edge? I'm glad you're coming out the other side and are ready for your next step. I'm so cheering you on sweets!

Me, I'm ecstatic to be awake right now lol. I've been passing out with the kids and that's just not cool disappointed.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#74 of 102 Old 03-04-2013, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Eunoia-I intend to look at how the sperm are moving-hopefully vigorously, not sluggishly. Also that they're shaped correctly and perhaps take a rough count so we could estimate how many there would be in a whole "shot"... I'm not sure what magnification I'd use til I've got the slide there under the lens. I'd keep adjusting til I got the clarity/view I wanted. You can see pics and videos of them online to see what they're sposed to be like. I've taken a lot of bio, science, anatomy & physiology type courses so it'd be fascinating for me. I hope DP comes around. 

JustJenny big hugs to you!! 

Ultrafighter-I don't remember you from our previous threads...Wanna introduce yourself? Or at least fill us in on where you're at w/your TTC journey? thumb.gif

LilyKay-fingersx.gif

Mamacat-you have a way w/words. Perhaps some freelance writing could be in your future, if it's not already. Seriously. razor-sharp curve balls, searing hate, crapton. I mean really... nod.gif

I'm not feeling very zen. at. all. In fact I'm feeling downright pissy in general. As in perpetual PMS. Super easily frustrated w/everything, which leads to super easy tearfulness, which I hate. DP was surprised to hear that I've been feeling this way prior to today. Apparently, I've been doing great at shielding him from my death rays. thank god.

I kinda feel like this fire guy,   FIREdevil.gif except he should have the face of this guy hopmad.gif . gahhhh.  help.gif

It's CD 11. I haven't gotten a pos OPK yet, and tonight I had a flash of fear..."what if I don't ovulate??" I know I still have several days opportunity for that to happen, but those rascally fears have a way of popping in... My day today was straight from the pages of Judith Viorst's "Alexander & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day". And just for you Chuord, Alexander wants to escape to Australia winky.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#75 of 102 Old 03-05-2013, 01:21 AM

prescott - hug2.gif hope you feel better soon, this does feel like an emotional roller coaster ride, doesn't it...

JustJenny - hug2.gif

Hello to everyone else..

gloomy.gif AF arrived early this morning. You know what I'm going to do, print out my symptom spotting rant from yesterday along with my promising chart and hang it over my dresser for future TWWs.

Action plan for this month is better timed BD and Guaifenesin.

#76 of 102 Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Awww LilyKay-bummer... hug2.gif  I just noticed you and I started TTC about the same time...the roller coaster thing is so hard. My best friend (who has 4 kids 17-23 yrs old) keeps trying to tell me not to let it get to me. I think she's forgotten how hard it is...

#77 of 102 Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:

Eunoia-I intend to look at how the sperm are moving-hopefully vigorously, not sluggishly. Also that they're shaped correctly and perhaps take a rough count so we could estimate how many there would be in a whole "shot"... I'm not sure what magnification I'd use til I've got the slide there under the lens. I'd keep adjusting til I got the clarity/view I wanted. You can see pics and videos of them online to see what they're sposed to be like. I've taken a lot of bio, science, anatomy & physiology type courses so it'd be fascinating for me. I hope DP comes around. 

JustJenny big hugs to you!! 

Ultrafighter-I don't remember you from our previous threads...Wanna introduce yourself? Or at least fill us in on where you're at w/your TTC journey? thumb.gif

LilyKay-fingersx.gif

Mamacat-you have a way w/words. Perhaps some freelance writing could be in your future, if it's not already. Seriously. razor-sharp curve balls, searing hate, crapton. I mean really... nod.gif

I'm not feeling very zen. at. all. In fact I'm feeling downright pissy in general. As in perpetual PMS. Super easily frustrated w/everything, which leads to super easy tearfulness, which I hate. DP was surprised to hear that I've been feeling this way prior to today. Apparently, I've been doing great at shielding him from my death rays. thank god.
I kinda feel like this fire guy,   FIREdevil.gif
 except he should have the face of this guy hopmad.gif
 . gahhhh.  
help.gif

It's CD 11. I haven't gotten a pos OPK yet, and tonight I had a flash of fear..."what if I don't ovulate??" I know I still have several days opportunity for that to happen, but those rascally fears have a way of popping in... My day today was straight from the pages of Judith Viorst's "Alexander & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day". And just for you Chuord, Alexander wants to escape to Australia winky.gif
Aw prescott hug.gifhug2.gifhug.gif . We all get those days. Just when you're starting to think you're on top of things you get a big fat reminder to the face and body that nope, everything is a wee more precarious than we would like. It's very frustrating and pretty difficult to give in to the, just everything. So rant, be pissy, do what you need to do. IMO, the zen doesn't happen by being mellow and unshakeable the majority of the time anyway. You get knocked down way more than you ever dreamed you would be able to deal with, you try and fail, you make plans, you go nuts, you laugh, you cry and on and on. You learn along the way and good gawd are these days and nights rough, WTF is this bull censored.gif anyway?! It can be very overwhelming these journeys we're on. Take some extra deep breaths when you need to and have a good cry, scream, or whatever feels good and right at the time. I hope you're starting to feel better today but even if you don't that's all good too wink1.gif . These emotions of ours can be brutal and it's wonderful that you're trying to keep DP from getting walloped with them. All these things put together, our best and our worst and what we take from those get us closer to "zen" in my eyes. And yes, I would venture to say that your friend has forgotten how emotional this all is. I have some friends like that and it really rubs me the wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyKay View Post

prescott - hug2.gif hope you feel better soon, this does feel like an emotional roller coaster ride, doesn't it...

JustJenny - hug2.gif

Hello to everyone else..

gloomy.gif AF arrived early this morning. You know what I'm going to do, print out my symptom spotting rant from yesterday along with my promising chart and hang it over my dresser for future TWWs.

Action plan for this month is better timed BD and Guaifenesin.
Ugh! Damn her! hug.gif I'm so sorry the witch came and crashed the party LilyKay greensad.gif . I swear, I go back and forth on whether to keep temping after O just b/c it starts to wear ya down after a minute - every temp fluctuation, all the could-be's, it sucks. I'm a sucker for the information or a punishment glutton I guess shake.gif . If this cycle goes belly up I'm throwing the Guaifenesin into the mix too. We'll swap notes winky.gif .

ultrafighter: I thought you intro'd here but I think I'm mixing you up with someone else lol.gif and remembering your intro from the One thread from last week or the TWW thread. Unless I'm losing my mind and am mixing you up again and that's really quite possible nod.gif . So yeah, let us in on your (in)sanity orngbiggrin.gif .

Me, starting to get lightheaded from holding my breath the last few days of this TWW, ugh!

#78 of 102 Old 03-05-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:

Well, sure!  I'm really new to the boards (like just a couple of weeks old) so I haven't been around long for you to see me anywhere.  I live in Texas hoping for behbeh #1.  I have a really hawt husband and two fluffy kitties, and pretty much my whole family lives within a 30 mile radius of us.  DH's family is a bit more spread out, but his parents and brother live about 3 hours away on a farm so it's not as hard to see them as it could be.  I'm really really fortunate because I love my in-laws.  DH and I decided in late January to start trying after AF left in early Feb so it's really been quick quick quick.  No time to even learn about charting, much less actually doing any.  I got online and started reading up on the important conception parts of the reproductive cycle (I did know the basics) so I could try and time things somewhat.  I knew that timing was important, but I didn't realize until I started researching just how miraculous it is that conception even takes place at all.  So many things have to line up just so...  I'm in even more awe at the design of our bodies.  Anyhoo, when I first started doing research I read that ovulation is (on average only) about 14 days before the next period.  Okay, there was some info to work with.  However, I'm not even sure when I ovulated this month because the ache that usually accompanies it was happening off and on since even before my period ended (very unusual for me, but I bet it was my mind doing stuff to me since we were actually trying now).  Fortunately, we made a lot of preemptive strikes, if you know what I mean. thumb.gif  This past Friday night/Saturday I had some serious cramping that felt exactly like menstrual cramps minus a few notches but without any bleeding or spotting whatsoever.  Now I'm feeling fine just waiting for AF to make her appearance this coming weekend or not so I can test with some degree of accuracy.  I don't have a gut feeling one way or the other, oddly enough, but my husband does and feels that I'm pregnant for sure.  We'll see!!

#79 of 102 Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 AM

That's wonderful ultrafighter! Sounds like you and hubby are in a great place thumbsup.gif . Got my fingersx.gif that you guys caught the eggy on the first go around! My DS's were both conceived on the first try which was nothing like this TTC crazy dance we're doing now lol.gif .

#80 of 102 Old 03-05-2013, 11:57 AM

Best wishes for your TTC Mambo (let's get spicy here), mamacats!!

I have to say, your s/n is particularly sweet for me because we had a cat named Garfield (a.k.a. Mamakitty) who just recently passed away at the ripe old age of 18 or something crazy.  I smile everytime I see your name on here.

#81 of 102 Old 03-05-2013, 01:09 PM

Presscott - lol, and really who wouldn't want to live here ūüėú it's amazing! Hugs
Lilykay - hugs, here's to this cycle being the one
Mamacats - lol I too smile everyone I see your name, we've always had cats
Ultra fighter - thanks for the intro, you do sound like you're in a happy place - fx!

#82 of 102 Old 03-05-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrafighter View Post

Best wishes for your TTC Mambo (let's get spicy here), mamacats!!

I have to say, your s/n is particularly sweet for me because we had a cat named Garfield (a.k.a. Mamakitty) who just recently passed away at the ripe old age of 18 or something crazy.  I smile everytime I see your name on here.

Quote:

Presscott - lol, and really who wouldn't want to live here ūüėú it's amazing! Hugs
Lilykay - hugs, here's to this cycle being the one
Mamacats - lol I too smile everyone I see your name, we've always had cats
Ultra fighter - thanks for the intro, you do sound like you're in a happy place - fx!
Ok, this is how ramped up my emotions are, these two posts just about had me bawling bag.gif .

#83 of 102 Old 03-05-2013, 04:46 PM

Mama cats - just enjoy the love ūüėÉ ... But the ramped emotions sound good fx

#84 of 102 Old 03-06-2013, 06:04 AM

heartbeat.gif

#85 of 102 Old 03-06-2013, 07:58 AM

Thanks girls happytears.gif . I actually did cry my eyes out watching this video privateeyes.gif .

#86 of 102 Old 03-06-2013, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Ultrafighter-thanks for the intro. So good to meet you!! joy.gif Welcome.gif to our (trying not to be) craziness winky.gif

Mamacat-Sounds like you got hit by the emotional roller coaster lol  i just realized I sometimes feel like I'm not on the roller coaster but getting run over by it!! The thought/picture of this is really cracking me up right now biglaugh.gif

Last night I told DP I was feeling kind of confused cuz I feel like my libido is dropping off, but my OPK's haven't indicated that ovulation is happening so I wasn't really in the mood to BD, but I felt like I should be in the mood since we weren't in the mood the night before. And he said he thinks it's more about what we want to do and not about what we "should" do and I replied, what I want is to have a baby lol  So he, ahem...started doing things that got me in the mood right quick Sheepish.gif and then joked off and on that we could stop at any point if I wasn't in the mood, when he knew darn well I was love.gif

#87 of 102 Old 03-06-2013, 03:08 PM

Prescott - that is both so sweet of dp and hilarious!

#88 of 102 Old 03-07-2013, 01:29 AM

Hi everyone wave.gif

Ultrafighter - Welcome.gif

mamacats - I've always wanted a cat but my mother was always against it. Now DP is not too excited about it but I don't care. As soon as we move I'd like to adopt a cat! Where are you in your cycle now?

prescott - lol @ DP. But according to mine, if men did not do that, we would be extinct. I try not to avoid the whole I'm not in the mood. He becomes all like "challenge accepted!" eyesroll.gif

AFM - Starting the 6th cycle now (CD 3). I have to  say the last two days I've been in a dark mood, after a lot of introspection, I realized the overwhelming feeling is I feel rejected.  Like my self-esteem took a hit. This was unfortunately amplified by the fact that all 3 moms I am in close contact with are now pregnant. Now when we visit them, DD comes home, puts a teddy under her shirt and say "I have a baby".  The first time she did that, DP laughed his head off while I squeezed out a half-hearted smile. mamacats - I'm thinking of doing what you mentioned, just temping until O is confirmed and stopping after that.

#89 of 102 Old 03-07-2013, 04:00 AM

Thanks, LilyKay, but I think I may need to bow out of this conversation already....... joy.gif

#90 of 102 Old 03-07-2013, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Wow!! Ultrafighter, Really?!! Did you get a BFP?? clap.gif  Let's hope it sticks!! goodvibes.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page