A Saner TTC-The Snow Moon - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hi Everybody! Snow Moon it is! Snowy all day today, here in AZ!  cold.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for taking over the thread Prescott!

I'm Currently on CD5. I had a RE appt. thursday. AF finally came the same day. Had another small cyst that possibly delayed AF's Visit.  For this cycle They doubled the amounts of clomid and progesterone and we will be doing a injectable med to jump start ovulation on day 13. Seemed a little over kill to me on the ovulation part since I keep having chemical pregnancies. Glad they upped the progesterone though.  I guess more eggies can't hurt!  smile.gif

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
Old 02-10-2013, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

I sure hope it works!! I'll be rootin for ya!! joy.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:46 AM

prescottchels - Thanks for putting up the new thread! It's been snowing here all weekend too cold.gif Spent most of the weekend inside, some of it with good friends of ours planning our summer vacation in Spain. Right now this vacation is what keeps me going during these cold and dark days..

JustJenny - Best of luck!  goodvibes.gifwho knows, more eggs might mean twins?

AFM - nothing really to update, CD 7 and just waiting to ovulate.  DP has also been saying more often that he'd really like another baby. He's head over heels for DD and wants a "playmate" for her. I really feel she'd really appreciate a sibling to play with. I just hope it is in the cards for us! This is now the fifth cycle and to be honest I did not imagine it will take this long. This has been a lesson in humility and patience... We talked about it and I'm quite happy that he has no problem getting his sperm checked.

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

Old 02-12-2013, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

I've been wondering if we should have a look at DP's sperm too, just to make sure...my friend has a microscope so we could just do it at home.

I'm feeling pretty blah about this cycle. It's CD 18, and there just hasn't really been any excitement or extra twinges/different energy/symptoms to get the hopes up. Perhaps we'll be surprised since we're not really anticipating anything...? shrug.gif

This week I'm babysitting for a friend whose regular sitter bailed...the baby is 2 1/2 months old and he and I had a talk today about him being good baby ju-ju for me. He smiled and said agoo, so I'm taking it that he's on board winky.gif

Old 02-13-2013, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all! hola.gif Will be back to check in and see how everyone is doing. Hope you're all having a great day!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Old 02-13-2013, 08:40 AM

Oh, I forgot to add a big thanks to you for the new thread prescott!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

Old 02-13-2013, 06:46 PM

Hope this is the cycle for you JustJenny fingersx.gif .

LilyKay: Ooh, a vacation to Spain sounds heavenly! You can make it through! And yeah, my perceptions of what TTC was have definitely been rocked.

Haha! How cute about the baby prescott. I really hope this is your cycle fingersx.gif . I know, who knew babymaking was so damn difficult right?

Me, CD 4 and hanging out, feeling good actually. DH and I are going to cuddle up, have a beer, and watch the rest of the movie we started last night (a remake of Total Recall and it's excellent!)

I've got some thoughts on what may be up with me so I think I'm going to x-post them in the One thread. Hope you ladies have had a lovely day!

Old 02-14-2013, 12:36 AM

mamacatsbaby - Thanks! If only by then we would all be pregnant sitting around in the sun with our big bellies! praying.gif

prescott - symptoms don't mean anything really... but I've also tried to interpret lack of symptoms as a symptom itself, so much for sane orngbiggrin.gif

AFM - So just had some news yesterday. DP will be gone on a business trip for 3 days, and because my brain now uses CD instead of the regular calendar, he will be gone on CD 13, 14 and 15. banghead.gif   I usually O on any day from 14 to 18, so here's to hoping it happens a little bit late.

Hope you ladies have a great day!

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 AM

Hi, I'd like to join your thread. I've been TTC for just over a year now, and I've been through the insane symptom-spotting and obsessing and I'm feeling ready to come out the other side with more peace and balance about the whole thing. I have two children who were conceived on the first try, so this is new to me (and on the other hand, after a year, not new any more!)

I'm currently on CD4. Here we go again. wink1.gif

-Eunoia

Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

LilyKay-yeah maybe lack of symptoms is my path to a sane positive hpt winky.gif. Perhaps my body and the Universe are conspiring for my sanity?! I like that idea...We shall see.... 

Bummer about DP's biz trip. I hope your body & the Universe conspire to help you! thumb.gif

Eunoia-wave.gif Welcome to our group!!

I think we're gonna work at DP's this weekend to get some projects going again over there. His roomer is moving out today, which we're both so happy about. She was SO needy and kinda had a crush on DP, who of course wasn't interested and then she got kinda weird energy wise around him when he and I hooked up-blessings to her on the next leg of her journey through this wild and crazy life. I kinda have a countdown in my head for the end of this cycle, but it's not making me crazy yet. I think spending the week with sweet baby William has helped-keeping busy w/everyday things. Yesterday for Valentines DP came over to my friend's house that I'm babysitting for and he helped me get hand & foot prints of the baby that I framed for his mama. It was sooooo sweet to see him holding a tiny baby, and it didn't seem to phase him at all when the baby was sleepy & getting fussy. He just sat down in the rocker and talked to him and patted his back and William conked out in no time and DP just sat there enjoying the snuggles. Be still my heart love.gif

Old 02-16-2013, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

I just finished installing a cat door for my Willoughby. Now to get him trained...I've got it propped all the way open w/a piece of chicken heart just inside. He was pretty excited to run thru the opening before I got it all installed properly so I'm hoping it goes well. I'm so tired of being a revolving door opener/closer. It was the quite the project and not something I want to do again anytime soon! What projects have you all been up to this holiday weekend to keep from thinking about TTC & TWW?

Old 02-17-2013, 01:41 PM

Aw man LilyKay, that's not cool! Hope you O a bit later too! Maybe BD on CD12 JIC it's earlier?

Welcome Eunoia! Our two boys were also conceived on the first try and now sticky baby three is proving elusive thus far. This is only cycle 3 TTC for us and that's not long but I was going insane nod.gif . I too have recently found some peace in all of this, at least for now wink1.gif . Hope we get some sticky, BFP's that end with fat, healthy babies soon!

Aww, very sweet about your DP prescott love.gif . Been spring cleaning around here, that's been keeping me pretty busy. Did some art projects with the kids today nut.gif . What a mess! lol.gif But they had fun so it's cool.

Hope you ladies are having a beautiful weekend!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:11 AM

Eunoia Welcome.gifI also conceived DD by mistake so it kind of confirmed the whole myth "oh one time unsafe sex and you're knocked up!" We're learning other wise!

prescott -

Quote:
He just sat down in the rocker and talked to him and patted his back and William conked out in no time and DP just sat there enjoying the snuggles.

love.gif Swooooon...

So what luck we have this month! I tried the OPKs for the first time and for days i got nothing, not even a faint line. The last two days it appeared all of a sudden and it's gotten quite dark so ovulation looks near. Ah well, DP is gone today. i hope I either O today or on Thursday (but doubt that). I'm feeling not too bad about this, if it happens it happens. If not, then maybe next month. I will be dancing a happy dance if my temps go up tomorrow...

We're keeping quite busy with our move in two months. Spent the whole weekend going through more boxes from the  basement and putting stuff on Ebay. Sorted through most of the bills/documents (finally!) but still have a few things to go through. Some times I can not believe how much stuff we accumulated in this tiny place of ours. We're determined, before our move, to get rid of everything we don't love or use. This is much easier said than done though...

Here's to a great week!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mamacatsbaby-I got ok w/kids making messes when I realized how long it kept them happy & occupied winky.gif  One of my favorite things to do w/my nanny kids was to put them in the shower w/a can of cheap shaving cream! They love "painting" with it and then you just hose 'em down! And your shower might get a little cleaner in the process... It's the perfect mess thumb.gif

Lilykay-If we weren't on like opposite sides of the planet I'd totally come help you organize. That's my favorite!! You're on the right track intending to get rid of everything you don't love and/or use. Keep at it!!  If you get stuck on something or a grouping of things-PM me!

Hey to anyone else that's reading! wave.gif

Tomorrow is CD 25. I'm thinking about starting to test purely out of scientific curiosity lol I really don't think I'm gonna get a BFP this cycle, but you never know with these things...

Old 02-18-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottchels View Post

Mamacatsbaby-I got ok w/kids making messes when I realized how long it kept them happy & occupied winky.gif
  One of my favorite things to do w/my nanny kids was to put them in the shower w/a can of cheap shaving cream! They love "painting" with it and then you just hose 'em down! And your shower might get a little cleaner in the process... It's the perfect mess thumb.gif

Lilykay-If we weren't on like opposite sides of the planet I'd totally come help you organize. That's my favorite!! You're on the right track intending to get rid of everything you don't love and/or use. Keep at it!!  If you get stuck on something or a grouping of things-PM me!

Hey to anyone else that's reading! wave.gif

Tomorrow is CD 25. I'm thinking about starting to test purely out of scientific curiosity lol I really don't think I'm gonna get a BFP this cycle, but you never know with these things...
What a great idea with the shaving cream! Stealing it, thanks!

I understand the curiosity wink1.gif . Hey, if you're good either way then see what happens smile.gif . How long are your cycles usually?

LilyKay: Have fun with the decluttering! We've been working on this as well and it feels sooooo good nod.gif . Hubby is a pack-rat though and it's a bit difficult to keep things from piling up eyesroll.gif . It's funny, I used to be the pack-rat and he used to be the if-it's-not-in-use-toss-it person, now we have completely switched places lol.gif .

Old 02-18-2013, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mamacat-my cycles are usually 28-30 days 

Old 02-18-2013, 11:46 AM

Well CD25 seems like a reasonable time to start the scientificos winky.gif . I can't remember (blame my kids lol.gif ), are you temping/charting?

Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

I did OPK's for the first time. I'm not charting cuz I'm self employed and my schedule varies too much. I'm never up at the same time from day to day. 

Old 02-19-2013, 04:32 AM

prescott - I'm so curious if you had the chance to test! And such a cool idea with the shaving cream. One thing that once kept DD busy for almost two hours are scissors. she snipped and snipped at everything we had in our paper basket. You guys won't believe how the place looked (imagine a big bag of tiny shredded paper exploded), but worth the peace and quiet I got smile.gif

mamacatsbaby - It really does feel so good every time I get a box of things out the door, almost therapeutic. BTW You'd laugh if you see the size of our place I have to sort/organize, it's only 600 square feet! We still managed to stuff every corner of it. Most of it are DD's things. I sometimes read some minimalists blogs to get me motivated about decluttering and I need extra help with those "But what if i need this..." moments.

AFM - I got a "sort-of" positive on my OPK yesterday but no temp rise. Hold on little egg for one more day! 

Old 02-19-2013, 04:58 AM

Prescott I'm curious too!! Is that still zen? winky.gif And thank you for the new thread!!

Lilykay OMG, I totally hear you on small space and decluttering. When DD was very small, our entire space was less than 500 sq. ft. It seemed like every nook, cranny and surface was filled with her things. I had to get very creative with storage and rotating toys. We expanded, nearly doubling the living space, with an addition (including her own bedroom) when she was almost 5 and decided she wanted her own big girl bed. It has made life much calmer, especially in the winter months when we spend so much more time indoors. We've used the shaving cream fiesta idea too, love it and DD adores anything messy. We also like to make blue goo http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/kids/littlekids/science-experiments/blue-goo/ We tried this first during the winter, using a garbage bag on the kitchen floor to contain the mess. It was worth the clean up (which wasn't really bad) and DD had such a great time. We now do this in the summer when we have friends over, using big bowls outside in the grass. Cheap good messy fun!! And the remnants fade away with a good rain. Yeah for the sort of positive OPK! Is your DP back soon? Sort of positive makes me think you've got a few days yet. Fx!!

wave.gifMamacatsbaby!!

Welcome.gifEunoia!!

AFM 5 DPO and trying (not especially successfully) to remain calm and not get sucked into symptom spotting om.gif Trying!!

Wishing you all a fabulous day!! flowersforyou.gif

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Old 02-19-2013, 07:30 AM

LilyKay: I came across this link in the home management section here. I love it! Can't wait to implement some of these ideas in our home. I look around our place and go just a bit more nut.gif everyday b/c if I had my way just about everything would be gone lol.gif . I've definitely become a minimalist. I used to have those "But I might need this!" moments all the time too. IDK, something happened one day where I just let go. I know my holding on to things had a lot to do with where I was emotionally and spiritually. Once I started really digging in with my work there the progress I was making began manifesting in my physical surroundings as well. I love watching how everything is connected like that love.gif .

Ahh, ok, I get the varied schedule then prescott. I've had to really work around DS2 who likes to wake up at the butt-crack of dawn a lot of times.

hola.gif Hey Sparkle! You can do it, keep your mellow going lady! My DS and the book club he goes to made the blue goo. They loved it! I think I will use that recipe you linked to do it here too, thanks!

*yawn* So tired! My boys are really taking it out of me! lol Plus, the gray and cold and rain are driving me over the edge, bah!

Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

LilyKay-Oh yes! Snipping, snipping, snipping! Is so fun winky.gif I remember a fascination w/hole punching colored construction paper too at a young age. All those colorful dots! Glorious!

A couple days ago I needed a mortar & pestle, which I had previously owned and then given away cuz I never used it and lo & behold 10 yrs later (or more...) I needed it lol so I went out and bought one. Thankfully it was only $6. So it was probably good and fine that I didn't schlepp it around with me all the times I've moved. And I could have just taken what I needed to grind w/me to work and done it there, but for $6 I was willing to spend that to have it at home...

Hi Sparkle! Yeah I don't think zen and curiosity have to be mutually exclusive orngtongue.gif

Hang in there!!

Mamacat-I feel ya on the blah weather... It's been fantastically springy here-60 sunny blue skies for several days and tomorrow the high is slated to be 30 and we're supposed to get several inches of snow cold.gif. Not really looking forward to more snow. I've been really enjoying the warm temps. We hiked to the waterfall yesterday and got some great pics and scouted swimming holes for this summer, and I've been feeling really motivated to work on outside projects. sigh. Silly cold front. Hopefully our cold front will bring you a warm front? thumb.gif

Soooo...I tested this morning...it was negative...I wasn't surprised, but there are still several days to go, yet...so, ya never know with these things. I could have a super stealth baby in there. DP laughed when I said that last night. We're kinda not talking about whether or not there's a baby happening in there, which is completely different from the past 2 months. It's interesting to just kinda be playing it cool...  kewl.gif

Old 02-20-2013, 04:06 AM

Sparklemaman  wave.gifNice to see you again! And cool link about the blue goo. Too bad I can't pin from the website but I just sent the link to myself to try this afternoon. We're getting a bit fidgety staying indoors all afternoon... 

i have no good advice about staying sane but at least some empathy, waiting sucks!

mamascat - I've been craving lately a simpler life and reading up on minimalism and families who shed a lot of belongings. And you're right, it really has to do with where one is emotionally.  When I sit down and think about it, right now I'm drawn to a simpler life and I just want our space to reflect that. The hardest part is enjoying what we have and not be so focused on the "next thing". Something much easier said than done (hello sane TTC wink1.gif).

Oooh and I already pinned a few ideas from that link. I love the one for the cutting boards ... they always topple over when I reach for one!

prescott - Yup you're right about warm front, we're actually having "relatively" warm weather here (as in not freezing temps) though it's going downhill again at the end of this week.  Sorry about the negative but it is still too early. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

AFM - I'm a bit confused. I had a negative OPK yesterday and today a slight temp rise (not enough to indicate ovulation). I'm guessing I ovulated yesterday late or today. In anyway all I can hope for is that those little swimmers stuck it out for two days..  DP comes back home today at midnight. He actually asked me to SMS him if he should wake me up to BD in case I didn't O yet bigeyes.gif ... to which I responded "how romantic! loveeyes.gif".

One thing I've been wondering about is before the pregnancy I used to have a lot of CM, especially EWCM. Now not so much. I breastfed for 2 years and weaned last October. Since I've had a regular period since DD was 6 months old, I thought everything was back to normal, but perhaps I'm mistaken. I'll probably call the doctor today and make an appointment for four weeks from now, if I'm pregnant then it's good timing anyway @6 weeks. If I'm not, then it's probably good to get checked up during the fertile time..

Old 02-20-2013, 05:18 AM

Lilykay Ah, living in the moment is so much harder than it sounds, right? We too strive for a simple life. We built our home entirely ourselves, literally everything, and also built the addition I mentioned. It is simple and lovely, currently about 1100 sq. ft., nothing at all extravagant. We own 17 acres of wooded area around us as well. Our little homestead has offered us so many fantastic opportunities and DD has always enjoyed frolicking outdoors doing things I thought were typical (playing in the mud, catching tadpoles, caring for our chickens, snow shoeing, observing caterpillars and butterflies, etc) but that I now realize most children no longer experience. And that is such a gift. But at times it is hard to reconcile how many of my students are driving vehicles (their own, not the family car) that cost more than twice my annual salary and we're struggling to get by. I remind myself that it is these experiences that make make us rich. The time we spend together is a blessing. As you said, at times easier said than done though!! My DD and I really liked that childrens magazine where the blue goo recipe came from. It always had great pictures, stories and science experiments. We also liked Ladybug and Ask Magazine. All of them were Ad free and educational.

As for your OPK dilemma, from what I understand, BD 2 days before O is actually more likely to result in conception than day of O. In terms of best day or day, -2 and -1 offer the best chance, with -2 odds slightly higher. I was also wondering about my own CM. I had a recent workup to assess hormone levels and everything checked out fine. But this past cycle I decided to try out Guafenesin (the active ingredient in some cold congestion medicines). I was stunned by how much in increased my CM! I thought I usually had a good amount of EWCM but with the Guafenesin, it was nearly pouring out (apologies for the TMI). I'm thinking that will increase our chances of having been successful. I took a 12 hour extended release formula of only Guafenesin, not a multi-drug medicine, beginning 3 days before O, when I saw an almost + OPK, through a temp rise confirming O. I am usually anti meds but my research indicated it is very safe and many women here on the Mothering boards have had success with it. GL!!

AFM I have mostly maintained a calm. I'm still counting down but not yet getting consumed and wacky. om.gif Stay warm mamas!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Sparkle-Thanks for mentioning the guaifenesin. I've heard lots of mamas talk about using it too. I may give that a whirl next cycle if this one isn't successful. I've been taking Maca capsules so hopefully we'll land on the perfect combo of things soon!

Have you all heard about this site "My Fertility Awareness"? http://www.amandabears.com/index.html#.UST9eKU4uyc  They have some great articles on herbs and supplements to help increase fertility. I've only just started perusing, and I was searching for info about Red Raspberry Leaf Tea cuz I've heard so many different things about it...apparently it's great for every phase of pre-preg, during preg, post-preg lol 

Happy Snowy Day from Northern Arizona! 

Old 02-20-2013, 12:00 PM

Prescott I'll certainly keep you in the loop and let you all know if it worked! As I said, feeling pretty optimistic but after 10 months at this TTC business, I've learned not get get too invested in the outcome. Just trying to focus on taking good care of myself and becoming more flexible. That said, I am sure next week I will be far less calm and zen - and much more consumed with, OMG I think I am, maybe I am, am I? and symptom spotting.

Ugh. I really should know better nono02.gif But it is one of those instances where intellectual awareness is overwhelmed by feelings/emotions that cannot be quelled. I am who I am and that's that. Respecting that is just as important as trying to be more mellow. I'm just going to roll with it!

blowkiss.gifHappy Day Mamas!!

Old 02-21-2013, 02:42 AM

Sparklemaman, thank you for all the great tips! The magazines are a great idea, I was just checking the digital versions since I don't want to have them shipped to Germany. And it'll give me a chance to expose DD to more English.  She only speaks German but understands a bit of English seeing DP and I speak only English with each other (he's German but I'm originally from the Middle-east and grew up with English).

YAY for small places! We decided to get a place that will fit our needs with no excess, it's 950 square meters with a huge roof top terrace. We're staying in the city to keep commute costs down (we don't own a car and walk everywhere).  I sometimes wonder how much DD is missing out on nature but we try to go often to the woods, parks and the petting zoo nearby.

Thanks a lot also for the tip about Guafenesin.. I'll try it next month because I really feel the CM is too scant.

Prescott - Interesting site, I've been going through it for the last 10 minutes... particularly the gluten-infertility article. I've been Gluten-free for the last 10 days and it's been great for my skin/energy levels. I've known for ages that my skin is sensitive towards gluten but always seem to slip back into eating bread and pasta.

AFM - So I ovulated but with a weak temp rise. When I'm not sure. I know this is not zen but if you guys care to venture a guess here's my chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/40b3fd) I think it's CD 14 only because of hopeful thinking (then we have a good shot this month).

Yesterday I found out a friend of mine is pregnant and I feel so conflicted. On the one hand I'm truly happy for her because she went through IVF for her first and now it just happened naturally. On the other hand all my "Mommy" friends are pregnant with their second babies and I just feel left out. Now I feel bad about feeling bad greensad.gif. Thank God I have you guys! I have no where else to talk about this..

Old 02-21-2013, 07:35 AM

Lilykay I'm so glad you liked the magazines!! My DD and I loved anticipating the issues and something new to check out. We have the bigger kid versions (Spider and Appleseeds) now in digital versions. We always spent a lot of time reading (we routinely checked out 50 books per week from the library) and doing science experiments. It kept us both busy, learning and having fun.

I'd say assuming your temp remains up tomorrow, you O'd on CD 14 and have a great chance at conceiving this month!! I know it is always hard for me when friends and family members announce a pregnancy. One of my DDs teachers announced she's 12 weeks pregnant on Valentine's Day. She's 36, like me, and has little boy who will turn 2 when she's due. And a cousin just delivered her second baby, her daughter is almost 5. This cousin actually contacted me just before the birth to share that she was panicked about having 2 kiddos and feeling awful that while this pregnancy had been well thought out and planned, she thought she'd made a huge mistake and wondered how she was going to do it with 2. I listened and comforted her all the while feeling like the Universe was once again showing me what a sense of humor he/she/it has!! While I always feel happy for whoever is announcing their pregnancy, I also feel conflicted as I usually feel sad that I am not pregnant and then a bit jealous. I think that's normal and pretending you don't feel that way is certainly not healthy. I can relate to what you describe in feeling left out. I often get comments along the lines of, "Oh, you only have 1?" As though that's not mom-enough I guess? Really?! I think I am also just feeling emotional about the subject which clouds my interpretation.  hug.gif and Fx that you caught that egg.

Prescott Thanks for the link! I will check that out. Sounds very cool!

JustJenny Any news from your RE appointment? It was last Thursday, right? Thinking of you and sending you lots of goodvibes.gif

namaste.gif Wishing you all a peaceful day.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

LilyKay-I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I'm gluten free love.gif Have been for almost 6 years and I coach others how to make that transition more smoothly. So if I can support you, offer substitutions or recipes please let me know! There are great GF bread & Pasta subs here in the US, which I'm sure you can get online if none are available in stores nearby. From what I've heard though Europe is way ahead of the curve w/the whole GF thing compared to the US...

I hear ya'll about feeling conflicted about other mamas being pregnant and having babies... I feel that way too. There are 3 new babies in my circle of friends and one of them was not planned or really  wanted and his mama loves him to death, but still feels ambivalent about having him and it just kills me that I've wanted a baby for so long and would have gladly adopted him from her, and still would if she would commit to it (she talked about offering him to me when she was pregnant and to another couple that we're friends with and then her family kind of talked her into keeping him). His dad is out of the picture and she really struggles with the concept of being a single mama, and has no prior infant experience so is lacking confidence in her ability to parent him well. greensad.gif 

And here I am bumming out that it looks like AF is on her way. It's CD 27 and I'm having my typical pre-period spotting for the past couple days, and my HPTs have been clearly negative. Booo.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List