Implantation Dip vs. Monthly Dip - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-14-2013, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, I'm new at learning to read bbt charts. I've been charting for 3 months now so I have somewhat of an idea what normal is for me. I always get a dip 7-10 after days ovulation , and usually by .5 degrees. I know that women who are not pregnant have dips after ovulation as well, but I'm wondering if there is a difference between their normal dip and an implantation dip? I'm 9dpo today, my temperature dipped yesterday but is working it's way back up. I'm wondering if I'm already out this cycle since I'm following my usual not pregnant pattern. I hope this makes sense, if you need more information let me know.

#2 of 4 Old 02-14-2013, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi CLplus1. Yeah, I don't think you can really tell a difference, not that I'm aware of. From what I understand "implantation dip" is kind of a misleading phrase. Hope this is your cycle though!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#3 of 4 Old 02-14-2013, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah I think you're right, everything I've read about it is confusing. I'm telling myself I'm out so I won't be disappointed lol. I wish I was a magical woman with an implantation dip that indicated pregnancy days before a test would tell me.

#4 of 4 Old 02-15-2013, 03:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
From what I've read, about 10% of women who are not pregnant have an "implantation dip" while 25% of women who are pregnant do. I don't think there is a difference in what the dip looks like, unfortunately. Fx for you!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page