Forum Jump: 

#1 of 42 Old 02-16-2013, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD 
for February 17 to 24

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

anyalily

Dekan

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

Fern5Fern

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

JustJenny

katiecornflakes

KnitterMama

LilyKay

magoodoggy BFPChart2.gif

mamaBlue

mamacatsbaby

oxford

Renaissance31

samy23 

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

ThePeacefulMama

tinytina

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

countrybound

FEimusicforever

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

jeminijad

librarygirl  BFPChart2.gif

LittleKind

marquess27
sarahl918

skeemama

SparkleMaman

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

summerlake

Tayla

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

bloodofthefae

Lidamama84

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

BeautifulCanvas

Butterflymom

candyshells

dakipode

imbjer

jesepumpkin

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
WildDoula
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

heartbeat.gif February BFP's heartbeat.gif

John16n33

heartbeat.gif January BFP's heartbeat.gif

devilish
SuzieSmiles

heartbeat.gif December BFP's heartbeat.gif

Banana731

bdavis912

CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif

happybunny

Jillgayle

livingsky BFPChart2.gif 

heartbeat.gif November BFP's heartbeat.gif

InLove2009

mirpmama

MyKidKissTrees

Starfish11

heartbeat.gif October BFP's heartbeat.gif

amlikam

Angierae
dayiscoming2006 
BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella  BFPChart2.gif

kitteh

jaxxy

nerissav BFPChart2.gif

SweetMama34

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#2 of 42 Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies,

I just had a mild panic attack because I couldn't figure out how to post: the "reply" box wasn't showing up. I went to three different threads to see if it was just this thread or some other force trying to thwart me.  Turns out I just wasn't signed in.  I'm a little tense, I know.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, I'm ready to join here.  DS3 is 10 months and just night weaned, which, if my body does what it's done before, means AF will be here soon and I can begin TTC.  That puts me somewhere between waiting to be ready and waiting to ovulate.  I'm tempted to just DTD every day until AF shows up, but I'm far to exhausted for that.

DS1 and DS2 are 2 years 3 months apart and DS2 and DS3 are 2 years 7 months apart and each took me 10 months to conceive.  I'd so like to have my next closer than 2 years apart, so while I'm not necessarily ready to be pregnant today, I'd take that over waiting another year.  I'm nursing almost exclusively due to food allergies, but with my nights free, I'm hoping to be Fertile Myrtle soon!

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#3 of 42 Old 02-17-2013, 03:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Welcome.gifJennyV!! Jumping back into this arena can be flustering. I must tell you I love your well behaved women quote, I have it on my car, my coffee/tea mug and in my classroom! And your avatar photo is just beautiful, very powerful. Wishing you much luck. Hope your stay here is short and sweet, mama.

Anya Thank you for the new thread.  Any news? Thinking of you!!

MamaTara I think that actually sounds about right and very promising! I know when we're ready to be pregnant we're ready right now. But that news sounds like it is likely in the very near future. hug.gif to you. Waiting is ever so hard.

Marquess I think your chart looks great! It looks pretty clear to me that your O'd. It is tricky with sleep disruption and times of temps but still looks good. Have you had any labwork done? How do you know you haven't been O'ing before now?

AFM 3 DPO, FF just gave me crosshairs this morning with a "high" probability of conception based on our BD timing. Feeling ridiculously excited and hopeful!! I sure hope I feel this way next weekend. I know I more typically feel like this dizzy.gif by 10 DPO. I will try my best to be flexible and flowing and just roll with what the next two weeks bring.

How is everyone else doing? JustJenny, still feeling pretty good? I have so much hope and such a good feeling for you this month. Sending you oodles of goodvibes.gif and dust.gif and a little bit of om.gif Fx for November babies!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#4 of 42 Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 AM

MamaTara... I have heard that Maca is good for sperm.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#5 of 42 Old 02-17-2013, 08:55 AM

Thank you, SparkleMaman. So true.

JennyV, how exciting! Congratulations to you and I hope the next leg of your journey is smooth and quick.

We're officially in the TWW period. Not holding out much hope for this month, but that's where we are. Working on increasing DH's sperm motility for the next round and shenanigans. smile.gif

41 year old mama to three beautiful girls (19, 16, and 11)

Wildly, passionately, eternally in love with my dear husband.

#6 of 42 Old 02-17-2013, 08:56 AM

Stevi, we have maca too! Getting it off the shelf now. Thank you!

41 year old mama to three beautiful girls (19, 16, and 11)

Wildly, passionately, eternally in love with my dear husband.

#7 of 42 Old 02-17-2013, 10:11 AM

wave.gif Welcome JennyVangy! OMG your avatar is AMAZING. I hope this time it will be easy to conceive for you.

mamatara- I second the maca and/or zinc, folic acid and b vitamin combo for sperm. It can take 3 months for the results to show up in sperm analysis so he has to be consistent. Lots of BDing will help with a faster sperm turn over thumb.gif

marquess- I thought your chart looked good to. Especially considering your poor sleep quality. I would pin your O day on CD15 too. How weird that you didn't get a positive opk that day. Maybe your urine was diluted? Is spotting like that usual for you? To me it seems excessive but everyone is so different. Glad you have the check up on Friday. Let us know how it goes smile.gif

Sparkle- That's sounds great! I'm excited for you too smile.gif  I agree 10dpo is when I start to fall apart. Sending you lots of peaceful calm baby vibes goodvibes.gif goodvibes.gif

AFM-  CD12 and anxiously waiting for my RE appointment tomorrow. If the follicles are ready I will get a trigger shot to force ovulation. I've been O'ing on cd 15 for the last 3 cycles so we'll see if the Doc considers them ready to go. This is my first time doing this so I don't quite know what to expect.....

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#8 of 42 Old 02-17-2013, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all! hola.gif CD8, just hanging out smile.gif .

Thanks so much for the new thread anyalily. How are things on your end?

Welcome Marquees, JennyV, and MamaTara! Hope you're in and out of here!

Sending you some mellow goodvibes.gif for the TWW Sparkle!

JJenny: Hope everything goes well tomorrow; keep us posted! Thanks so much for your input about my chart/thoughts. Looking at everything as a whole has really helped me to chill out. Think I'm good for the TWW thumb.gif . It feels so fantastic to not be so discombobulated about all this right now. The relax, she is good wink1.gif .

Me, I don't know how much more of winter I can take, omg! We're climbing the walls here! dizzy.gif Hope you ladies are all having a great weekend smile.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#9 of 42 Old 02-17-2013, 07:05 PM

We TTC #2 and 3 for 8.5 years. unless its medically forced(clomid, femara, fsh, etc) i dont ovulate. ive had at least 3 HSG tell me I have a beautiful uterus and clear tubes, labs showed normal hormone levels (including testosterone, prolactin, etc) and low FSH. my thyroid functions normally and weight loss was not the magic "fix all" the military docs expected it to be.

i took soy to see if it would work. fingers crossed, it appears i have ovulated. going to ask for labs tomorrow to confirm. cant guarantee my doc will go for it since we are TTC on the down low. Our 8.5 year struggle was all too public so this time, Im playing it close to the vest. Anywho. The spotting has never been an issue before. this is a first for me. and still going. im puzzled. im hopeful, and not really planning to test until my giant box of tests comes later this week. i bought 40 from a lab that was closing. that should be enough, LOL. they are sensitive to 25miU. i will prob not buy a FRER, unless someone does it for me. Those tests have given me more false positives than any other brand. confirmed non ovulatory cycle, got mutiple BFP, took one right in front of my doc. she had no idea why either. so FRER is not my friend. ok, for some reason my enter button isnt working so im going to stop here :/

#10 of 42 Old 02-18-2013, 08:55 AM

lol.gif Yes marquees, 40 sounds like enough, haha. Wow, that's really wrong with the BFP's on the FRER's like that! dizzy.gif I've never tried FRER's but from what I understand some women have great luck with them while they're the devil for others. fingersx.gif that the soy is going to be good to you!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#11 of 42 Old 02-19-2013, 02:10 PM

Early loss :'(

anyalily, can you put me back in waiting to O please?

-Laura

wife of Ben

mommy to DS Dade 10/10/10 & DD Elloree 12/14/11

TTC #3

goorganic.jpg   h20homebirth.gif   saynovax.gif   homeschool.gif   blogging.jpg

#12 of 42 Old 02-19-2013, 04:25 PM

Once again, I'm so very sorry for your loss Renaissance hug2.gif .

#13 of 42 Old 02-19-2013, 07:33 PM

Renaissancegloomy.gif So sorry for your loss. candle.gif

#14 of 42 Old 02-20-2013, 04:41 AM

Renaissance hug2.gif So sorry mama. I hope you are able to take time to heal and process. Much love to you.

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

#15 of 42 Old 02-20-2013, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Renaissance, I am so sorry to hear you had a loss. My heart is with you. I am joining you in waiting to O, having started my AF a few days late with BAD cramps. Prayers and love and light to you. stillheart.gif

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#16 of 42 Old 02-21-2013, 12:14 PM

Well - I'm back after 2.5 years.  Incredibly excited though I can't quite believe we're trying for #2 :)

After ovulating the day after Valentine's Day I'm in the 2 week wait.  Feel much more zen about this process this time around.

Laurie & Dave having baby #1! Our SON is due 8/4/2010
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35* **40
#17 of 42 Old 02-21-2013, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Taylah!

#18 of 42 Old 02-21-2013, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to post an update... I went to a really great talk about hormones last night, given by a local (California) acupuncturist who treats all sorts of imbalances. She did muscle resistence on willing participants at the end, and she identified a thyroid issue in me. I have an appointment with her next week to identify food intolerances, hormone imbalances, etc. and get started on some cleansing and supplements. I am so excited, because I have known intuitively that I am out of whack for some time, but I lack the information to self-diagnose.

I was doing some follow-up research and came across the idea of pregnancy induced thyroid issues and all of my symptoms fit! I had a pregnancy when I was 20 that didn't go to term, and that was when my imbalances really started (allergies, weight gain, depression). They got worse with my pregnancy five years ago (racing heart, anxiety, OCD, mood swings) and have gotten only moderately better with diet changes and CBT. So now I feel so good to have found someone who is ready to treat my whole system! Also, if I do get thyroid imbalance from pregnancy, it will be good to seek treatment right away so I don't get to out of whack with my next and likely last pregnancy.

I am sharing this because some of us are struggling with getting pregnant and while this is not an infertility thread, I think it is good for us to share information when we come across it. 

Here's to healing and thriving!

#19 of 42 Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 PM

Taylahwave.gif Welcome back! How exciting for you! Sending you sticky baby vibes for your TWW goodvibes.gif

Anyalily- Very interesting! I've always wanted to try the muscle testing. I think its absolutely fascinating! I love acupuncture too. I used it several years ago when my body was in crisis and it helped tremendously! I'd love to use it now to help with fertility but we can't afford to do both the RE and the acupuncture. If I were younger I would have chosen acupuncture over the RE for sure! Please keep us updated on how things improve for you.

AFM- I am 3 dpo so you can move me to the TWW. Had my trigger shot on monday and everything seems to be going ok. Fingers crossed that we caught a egg or two and it sticks with me! So now the wait begins whistling.gif  I'm more anxious than what is usual for me at this time in my cycle. Really hoping something works soon!

#20 of 42 Old 02-21-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylah View Post

Well - I'm back after 2.5 years.  Incredibly excited though I can't quite believe we're trying for #2 smile.gif

After ovulating the day after Valentine's Day I'm in the 2 week wait.  Feel much more zen about this process this time around.
Welcome Taylah! hola.gif GL and I hope you're in and out of here dust.gif .

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

Just wanted to post an update... I went to a really great talk about hormones last night, given by a local (California) acupuncturist who treats all sorts of imbalances. She did muscle resistence on willing participants at the end, and she identified a thyroid issue in me. I have an appointment with her next week to identify food intolerances, hormone imbalances, etc. and get started on some cleansing and supplements. I am so excited, because I have known intuitively that I am out of whack for some time, but I lack the information to self-diagnose.

I was doing some follow-up research and came across the idea of pregnancy induced thyroid issues and all of my symptoms fit! I had a pregnancy when I was 20 that didn't go to term, and that was when my imbalances really started (allergies, weight gain, depression). They got worse with my pregnancy five years ago (racing heart, anxiety, OCD, mood swings) and have gotten only moderately better with diet changes and CBT. So now I feel so good to have found someone who is ready to treat my whole system! Also, if I do get thyroid imbalance from pregnancy, it will be good to seek treatment right away so I don't get to out of whack with my next and likely last pregnancy.

I am sharing this because some of us are struggling with getting pregnant and while this is not an infertility thread, I think it is good for us to share information when we come across it. 

Here's to healing and thriving!
Wonderful anyalily! I'm glad you're feeling so great about finding someone that takes a holistic approach to issues that come up with us rather than just trying to banish the symptoms. It's wonderful to feel like we're making progress with our own stories. Keep us posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJenny View Post

Taylahwave.gif
 Welcome back! How exciting for you! Sending you sticky baby vibes for your TWW goodvibes.gif

Anyalily- Very interesting! I've always wanted to try the muscle testing. I think its absolutely fascinating! I love acupuncture too. I used it several years ago when my body was in crisis and it helped tremendously! I'd love to use it now to help with fertility but we can't afford to do both the RE and the acupuncture. If I were younger I would have chosen acupuncture over the RE for sure! Please keep us updated on how things improve for you.

AFM- I am 3 dpo so you can move me to the TWW. Had my trigger shot on monday and everything seems to be going ok. Fingers crossed that we caught a egg or two and it sticks with me! So now the wait begins whistling.gif
  I'm more anxious than what is usual for me at this time in my cycle. Really hoping something works soon!
So excited for you JustJenny! fingersx.gif that this is it goodvibes.gif .

Me, CD12, think I O'd earlier today or tonight sometime. We shall see! There's a thunder and lightening storm happening right now. Maybe that's a good sign?! lol.gif

#21 of 42 Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hello to all the TTC mamas. I hope we all get to graduate soon, although my stay here may be for quite a few cycles.

I'm 10dpo and my body is getting close to O. My body signs are saying I'll be seeing a smiley OPK within the next couple of days. Yay! Hopefully IllI actually O, and not just have a LH surge. I just replaced my basal therm so I'll start temping next cycle, to see where I stand with ovulation. I have regular cycles but I have a long history of infertility. But... DH and I were shocked that after 8 years of zero birth control, I turned up pregnant in Feb 2011. Our son was born in Nov 2011. So that leaves me wondering if I'll be so lucky again. I hope so, but my hopes aren't high. I'm giving myself till May, and then I'm calling my RE.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#22 of 42 Old 02-22-2013, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
CD11. Hello positive OPK smile.gif

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#23 of 42 Old 02-23-2013, 02:56 AM

Anya How cool!! Very interesting and exciting. Sounds like a great talk and so glad you could connect with the presenter.

JustJenny fingersx.gif

Mamacats SO hoping you caught that egg!!

So I have some news, I woke up yesterday morning from a really vivid dream where I POAS and got a positive. I was only 8 DPO but thought, why not? Could be, right? So I POAS and walked away for a bit. When I came back a few minutes later I thought, yeah negative, and was about to throw it away but then looked again and  OMG yikes2.gif it was pos.gif Very faint but clearly there. I tested again this morning and got a darker but still faint line really quickly, I didn't have to search for it. I am so stunned. Was totally not expecting this to actually happen.

jumpers.gif So, so, so ridiculously excited jumpers.gif  Blood work Monday and Wednesday and then to find a Midwife!! OMG!!

Wishing you all much goodvibes.gifand dust.gif

#24 of 42 Old 02-23-2013, 04:09 AM

So very happy for you Sparkle! Hope some of that baby dust gets blown this way! I'll bet you barely slept last night you're so excited joy.gif .

Happy BD'ing mamaBlue!

Me, not much going on here. Feeling fairly "Meh" about this cycle. I'd love it and am hopeful that this is my cycle but I don't think it is. I felt the presence of another child next to me last night though so somebody wants to be here. I mean I physically felt them standing there. No, it wasn't either of my other kids lol.gif . I haven't had a very strong temp shift so shrug.gif , who knows WTH's going on. I'm not as upset this time the way I was with the disappointment of the last two cycles, I'm just ready to be done with the TWW (which I think I'm in but we'll see), get RoseRed, have an ice-cold artisan brew, and get going with a fresh cycle. Watching my kids with my DH this morning made me swell with love and sadness. I think we BD'd and everything at great times but I think the m/c, nursing, and whatever else is screwing with my hormones. Blah, whatever. Getting ready to dive into a new book, very excited about that (yes, I'm a nerd, what?! lol.gif )

#25 of 42 Old 02-23-2013, 05:14 AM

Hi everyone! Can I join in? Me and DH are TTC ## (3rd kid for me, his 1st). I am recently off the pill (1 week now), WTO-if that even happens this month. Sending baby dust and warm thoughts to all.

RN, Tree-huggin, chicken-raisin'chicken3.gif, mountain climbing, yoga attempting namaste.gif Mama to Miss Areading.gif (10) and Miss K joy.gif(8). Newly re-married wife to DHpartners.gif We're pregnant!!belly.gifExpecting our new little addition this November!

#26 of 42 Old 02-23-2013, 05:42 AM

Welcome babibelli! Here's hoping for O for you this month! dust.gif

#27 of 42 Old 02-23-2013, 09:32 AM

Welcome babibelliwave.gif Hoping a  regular cycle comes quickly for you!

CONGRATS SPARKLE!!!! I am sooooo happy for you! jumpers.gifjumpers.gifjoy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifflowersforyou.gif   Wishing you a super sticky baby and an uneventful 9 months!

#28 of 42 Old 02-23-2013, 09:57 AM

Thank you everyone!  smile.gif

RN, Tree-huggin, chicken-raisin'chicken3.gif, mountain climbing, yoga attempting namaste.gif Mama to Miss Areading.gif (10) and Miss K joy.gif(8). Newly re-married wife to DHpartners.gif We're pregnant!!belly.gifExpecting our new little addition this November!

#29 of 42 Old 02-24-2013, 05:43 AM

Good morning ladies! How is everyone's weekend going? DH and I are actually going out alone tonight while GM hangs with the kiddos thumb.gif .

From my end this morning I've got a c/p from the February TWW thread and another thread I post in on the PAL forums with some of my thoughts thus far today. What do you guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby 
Aaaaaalllllllllrighty then! I have no idea ROTFLMAO.gif . Ok, here's my charty-chart from FF. Their software gives me dotted CH's at CD10 but I didn't get a 2/10ths temp shift 'til CD12 which would put O at CD11 according to FAM temp rules but I was still having O pain, EWCF, and lube sensation through CD14 (still having what seems like residual O pain lol). Although CF was some kind of S-C-EW combo that was most abundant in the morning on CD14, it was the lube sensation that was even more prevalent throughout the day. Soooo, CD14 was my PD and IIRC, according to FAM O likely happened around PD, maybe the day before (more evidence supporting this with the second temp shift 3/10ths higher than my previous 6 temps). Um, ok? So possible O days are CD10, 11, or 14 lol.gif . Maybe I'll scan in my paper chart too orngtongue.gif . Fun times, fun times lol...

Also, this time both temp shifts are above the CL on my p/p chart.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

#30 of 42 Old 02-24-2013, 09:31 AM

Mamacats- Ugh charting fun. Its supposed to make things clearer, right? smile.gif  I think FF put your O at cd10 only because you haven't had 3 temps above 97.9. CD10 also seems a little early to me- but-maybe not for you. When stuff like this happens I tend to go with the CM for a more accurate picture. My guess is that FF will eventually change your cross hairs to CD14.  Hope you got that egg! dust.gif

Edited to add: After looking at your last cycle your charts are starting to look similar. So you very well might have O'd CD10. There goes my theory, lol. Clear as mud?

AFM- 6dpo A little cramping going on last night and this morning. Hopefully its implantation! You can move me to to waiting to know.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page