DS 22mo still no PPAF starting to worry - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS is 22mo and I have not had my first PPAF yet.  I will be 37 in a couple of weeks and we really want to start trying for #2.  We had unexplained IF while TTC DS.  It took over 2 years and IUI with injectables, sooo I am peobably lloking at a long road TTC#2.  I am starting to worry that AF will not return.  DS still nurses 4-6x a day. 

Can someone reassure me that AF will return.  I do not know anyone who has gone this long without PPAF.

DS 4/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 02:53 PM

I am nursing my almost 20 mo old and no PPAF here either (I'm 38) and no sign of her either!  Previously, I got it back at 18 mos then 19/20 mos with my second. He nursed until almost 4 and I didn't get a regular period until after I totally weaned him--my cycles were 80-90 days long when they did come back.  My surro-babies I nursed/pumped until about 9 mos/6 mos and my period didn't return until 9 mos and 10 mos both times.   In my DDC from here, we still keep in touch and there are a handful of us who have 19-21 mo olds and no PPAF yet! I'd also really love another LO and am feeling 'old' fertility wise, and wishing that PPAF would hurry on up!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

Old 02-20-2013, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

I was hoping to have 2 more but with how long af is taking to return I don't think it will happen.

DS 4/11

Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 PM

If it helps to know this, I had years of infertility before my current marriage, and it was over a year before we got pg. I got my PPAF back when my first was 1, (I was 31), and it took over a year to conceive #2 after PPAF. 

After #2 was born when I was 34, it was a full 27 months (over 2 years!) before I got PPAF, and on the 3rd cycle, I was pg again! At 37.

When #3 was just about 2, that's when I got PPAF again. 

Each time it took so long to get AF back, I wondered if I had menopause or if something was really wrong with me. I'm done wondering, at this point! :)

I'm 39 and waiting to find out if the 3 cycles did it again...AF is late.

Hope this is reassuring.

40ish homeschool.gif trekkie.gif guitar.gifhbac.gifnovaxnocirc.gif raising 3 kids with the help of their loving father.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, your story gives me hope. 

DS 4/11

Old 02-28-2013, 08:49 PM

I am starting to feel this way as well, Stretch. My DD is 17 months today and I still have no PPAF. I'm 33 and also eager to
TTC #2. It took us a year to conceive our daughter. I was hoping to space my babes close together but I'm also feeling a little hopeless about AF's return. Out of my social circle, I'm the only one without PPAF. I have endo, so I've always appreciated long gaps between cycles in the past, but now I just find it depressing.

Mother to a wonderful little girl, born Sept/2011 via h20homebirth.gif and enjoyingbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gif

Currently belly.gif(EDD: February 2014)

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List