New with wonky cycles - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there, I'm new to this forum but have been lurking for a bit and you all seem quite nice so I figured I would introduce myself :)I'm 25, dh and I decided to kick the bc (nuvaring) last June. Since then my cycles have been SUPER short...I'm talking 16, 17, 18 MAYBE 20 days (one crazy one that was 32 days, but that was the one and only). Awful right?? We have a re appt next week to try to figure this nonsense out, but I figured I would reach out to see if anyone has ever experienced this. I don't chart anything other than my period because I have been hoping and waiting for my cycle to lengthen out a bit. Initial blood work from my Obgyn indicates that nothing's wrong, (she initially thought thyroid, but tested "all" of my hormones) so I'm wondering if anyone had gone through this if they might tell me what the re would do? I'm stressing a little over here!!

Thank you for your input smile.gif
#2 of 9 Old 02-24-2013, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi CLS182. Haven't been through anything like this but I hope you can get things figured out soon! While you're working on isolating what's going on I'd definitely recommend charting your temps, CF, etc. and maybe this could be another tool to help you narrow down what's up. Good luck to you! Let us know how your appointment goes smile.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#3 of 9 Old 02-24-2013, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply! I certainly will keep you posted smile.gif you seem like a great group here!!
#4 of 9 Old 02-28-2013, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Hi there, so I met with the re today and she thinks what's going on is that I'm ovulating super early...and lucky or us we definitely hit my window this month!! Fingers crossed!! If I get my pd (which should be in a couple of days) she wants me to go for more bloodwork but so far pretty good news I guess!!
#5 of 9 Old 03-01-2013, 03:24 AM

I'd second mamacats recommendation to chart for at least one cycle to confirm if you're ovulating. Last month I had a 20 day cycle but from charting i know it was anovulatory. 16 or 17 is very short, that would mean you'd have to be ovulating during or just after your period. Or you have a short luteal phase..

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

#6 of 9 Old 03-01-2013, 03:25 AM

Oh and welcome to the boards wave.gif!

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

#7 of 9 Old 03-01-2013, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!! I am going to so an opk, she wants me to go in on day three ok bleeding for bw and then start opk testing on day 5. She is convinced I'm and early ovulator because I went for bw on feb 1st that showed I was ovulating, (af ended on 1/30) and af arrived again just in time for valentines day (yay! Right?) and given that I am pretty regular, she just looking to confirm with the opk.

I've decided that this is a good thing, because it actually means we have two chances every month! So we are going to try to keep this positive outlook and try to nail down when "go time" is!!
#8 of 9 Old 03-01-2013, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter

Wow terrible typos!! Sorry it's pretty early and I'm on my phone greensad.gif
#9 of 9 Old 03-01-2013, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds like you and your RE are working toward figuring things out, fantastic! Definitely keep us posted!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page