DPO 15, no sign of AF, neg HPT, high temperature of 100 degrees for nearly a week now - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-28-2013, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone (: I'm new here.

A little back story: I'm currently 25 and a mother to a 6-month-old baby girl. When I was 20, I began having issues with my period. It slowly disappeared. I started seeing my husband then and I kept thinking I was pregnant. I went through soooo many tests! We were young and stupid and didn't use protection. I would go 3-6 months without a period. He had been told by doctors that he would likely never conceive due to unresolved Hypospadias. At the time I was okay with that because I wasn't interested in becoming a mother. I was still wild and crazy. Well, after a couple of years of no protection and seriously absent periods, I changed my mind and knew I wanted a baby eventually. I saw a doctor and I was diagnosed with PCOS. I cried and cried because I had been researching my symptoms and assumed PCOS was likely. So now we had two serious fertility issues. After 3 years of dating, we got married. Then, after nearly four years of not preventing pregnancy, I assumed all hope was lost and we would just never become parents. I also decided to get on the fast track of being healthy. I went to the gym and started eating right and soon enough, I lost 30 pounds. My periods came back and I was so excited. However, after a couple of months of regular periods, they disappeared again. I was used to this so I just shrugged it off. After a few weeks, my breasts became heavy (not painful, though) and I became super fatigued. We spent Christmas out of state with family and I felt so rude for being so tired. I brought tampons with me because I was sure AF was around the corner. She never showed and  my breasts went back down to normal size. I shrugged it off, assumed it was yet another missed period, and went on about my business. Shortly after New Years, however, the smell of meat cooking at my job made me nauseous. Looking at a toilet made me nauseous, even if it was clean. I had to pee every 5-10 minutes and assumed I had a bladder infection. I took a pregnancy test just to rule out pregnancy. Since I had taken so many and had never seen a BFP, when I saw it, I nearly fainted. My husband did too. When I went to my doctor's appointment a week later, I had an internal ultrasound done and discovered I was 7 weeks pregnant. I gave birth to a happy, healthy baby girl in August 2012 at 39 weeks, 4 days. It was the happiest day of our lives.

^ Want the short version? Here you go: 25/f, mother to 6mo DD. Hubby has fertility issues, I have PCOS. Periods would come 1-2 x per year. Lost weight, periods came back, got pregnant unexpectedly, didn't know until 6 weeks pregnant. Had baby 6 months ago.

Now hubby and I are trying for baby number two (we want them close in age). I never took my temperature before or charted. I just use an app called Pink Pad. Basically, every month since giving birth, I have had a period every 28 days. It's been amazing! After having 1-2 periods a YEAR, having one on time each month has been awesome. I have my period each month on the 1st and I feel sharp stabby pains in my ovaries around the 14th of each month. According to my app, this is when I should be ovulating. I know it's not 100% accurate of course, but I don't want the stress of charting.

Anyway, AF has been regular like clockwork for six months. Hubby and I had sex on the 12th of this month and I kept myself in an elevated position for about 10 minutes and then fell asleep (I was really tired, LOL). I'm pretty sure I ovulated on the 14th (Valentine's Day!) so I thought maybe we had a decent chance.

Around DPO 2, I ended up at the doc's with a bad respiratory infection and a temperature of 102. I was put on antibiotics. Ever since I had a fever, my temperature has been around 100.0 degrees! Sometimes it's at 100.5, sometimes it's at 99.8. I don't know if any of this is relevant. I'm no longer sick but I continue to have a fever. I've read that a higher temp could indicate pregnancy but I don't know. I know the thermometer is working because DD's temp is around 97 and DH is around 98 every time I test them.

Between DPO 5-11, I pretty much just felt really tired. I was nauseous a few times but nothing major. My temps were just high. On DPO 11, I took a cheapy Kroger test at night and it came back negative. Breasts have felt full and heavy but haven't hurt.

DPO 14 and AF is no where to be found. I've been having AF-like cramps off and on. Usually when AF is around the corner, I cramp pretty bad. My lower back has a dull ache and I want to fall asleep 24/7. This of course could be because of my high-demand job. I took a Walgreens cheapy test and it came up negative. Not first-morning urine though.

So basically, AF has come on DPO 14 each month like clockwork. As I type this, I'm an hour into DPO 15. I'm not sure what to think. Breasts are just now starting to ache on the sides, but it could be AF.

I'm going to test again in the morning...

Anyone else in the same boat??

EDIT: I know it's not recommended per se, but I did it anyway.... on 13DPO, I used a cotton swab and rubbed it against my cervix gently. I think it's called the "q-tip" test. I've never done anything like that before. Apparently, if AF is around the corner, you will get a spot of brown or red on your q-tip. If she's not coming for a minute, it's clear. It was clear the two times I did it. I don't know if that means anything.

#2 of 6 Old 03-01-2013, 12:00 AM

Hi tattoedmama, since you don't chart, I'm curious why do you think that you ovulated on CD14? I maybe mistaken but the only way you can know for sure (at home) that you ovulated is by observing a consistent temperature shift. Even a positive OPK does not mean 100% ovulation. Could it be that you ovulated later?  28-day-cycles don't necessarily mean ovulation on CD14. Perhaps you can chart for a couple of periods but I know, with a 6-month-old that's quite that challenge. Best of luck to you!

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

#3 of 6 Old 03-01-2013, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter

Each month on the 14th day, I have a sharp pinch-like feeling on one or the other side of my lower abdomen. Sometimes it's a little painful and I have to step aside. Before having my daughter and experiencing periods, I never noticed this feeling. I think it's because I wasn't ovulating. When I have this feeling, I notice tons of watery EWCM and I'm really "in the mood". I've read online that some women experience this and it's ovulation pain. You're right, I won't know for sure unless I temp... but I wouldn't even know where to start with that, LOL. I would need a basal body thermometer, right? Can I buy one of those at a drug store?

As of right now, my period's 2 days late.

#4 of 6 Old 03-04-2013, 02:35 AM

Any updates?

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

#5 of 6 Old 03-04-2013, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Not really. On DPO 16 (or approximate), I tested three different times with Answer Brand tests. Within the 3-minute window, they were all negative but they all three turned positive shortly after ten minutes.  I *KNOW* they're supposed to be invalid but I've read very conflicting information online. Some women say this indicated a true positive for them, others say it means nothing. And even others say that it's an evap line online if it's clear/gray. These lines were all bold pink.

Then last night, I tested with a FRER. I got a very light positive that was visible only under a bright light. Hubby saw it too. However, it disappeared after about an hour. I still have all three pregnancy tests I took with my daughter and they're all still positive! :( so now there's no line there, just a gray shadow. I was like "what the hell"....

THEN, this morning, I took another FRER with FMU and got a negative that turned positive after the wait limit. This is all really grating my nerves.

I made a doctor's appointment to determine pregnancy or whatever the hell is going on with my body.

#6 of 6 Old 03-18-2013, 10:49 AM

Hey, I was reading your post and it sounds to me you could be pregnant. Any luck?

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page