DS 21mos
100%mom
LO 11mos

Destiny33

DD 6mos TTC#2 Due Sept 28

SweetKidsofMine
DD 10mos

Please put all changes in bold!

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#2 of 74 Old 03-01-2013, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Would anyone object to me only listing the most recent 2 Months that got BFP's ?

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#3 of 74 Old 03-01-2013, 12:08 PM

Thank you so much for hosting the thread SoCaliMommy! I have no prob with shortening the list of BFPs. Not much to report here. Starting work Monday. It will be part time for march, gearing up to full time in April. Maybe the change in nursing will bring back AF? I definitely have been feeling a bit different the last 3 weeks or so but who knows if its hormones gearing up or what. Maybe I'm just stressed about starting back at work.
#4 of 74 Old 03-01-2013, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Christina ~ Yeah maybe the change will bring back AF.

#5 of 74 Old 03-01-2013, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hey socalimommy - Looking at the intro post, it looks like our DS's are the same age! This is our month to to get pregnant if we want to have babies two years apart. No pressure or anything, haha! It's not too likely for me, though. I think I'm going to be here for the long haul.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#6 of 74 Old 03-01-2013, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

MamaBlue~  It would be fun to have another November baby. Yeah i am also doubtful i will get lucky when i had such a hard time getting pregnant with him.

#7 of 74 Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 PM

Isn't this the month to get pregnant with a December baby? Unless it happens in the next week or so. 

I'm glad it's March! I spent all February thinking it was March for some reason and now I'll finally be correct. 

We are not officially trying yet, but apparently also can't be bothered to use protection, so I guess we're "not trying, not preventing" right now. I wouldn't mind waiting but the idea of getting on with it and getting the first trimester over with is appealing as well. Last Sunday we both had a twenty-four-hour stomach bug and I was lying there feeling totally drained of all energy and thinking "If I get pregnant again, I'll feel like this for months." Anybody else not particularly looking forward to the being-pregnant part of having another kid?

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#8 of 74 Old 03-02-2013, 07:51 AM

My first cycle of TTC #2 was terrifying. But now that I'm on cycle #4 of TTC I would welcome the prego woes!
#9 of 74 Old 03-02-2013, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

If someone had gotten pregnant last month and sometime in this month i'm pretty sure it'd still be some of November. With my son i found out around now that i was pregnant and was due November 12th so.

#10 of 74 Old 03-02-2013, 02:27 PM

I think I have sufficiently forgotten pregnancy woes. My first trimester was during summer "break" so mate it made it seem easier?

Could I be added to the list of trying to catch the first egg? DS was born 4/12.

I'm considering trying to jump start AF by stopping pumping for two weeks, using my freezer supply in the meantime. I have about a 9 month window to get pregnant or I have to wait another two years. I'm feeling the pressure.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#11 of 74 Old 03-02-2013, 07:37 PM

Hi everyone, I'm still hanging around despite a BFP last week.  My betas are low but doubling really well (latest was only 100) so I'm not yet ready to declare myself a success, especially after last month's chemical loss.  I'm sure I'll feel more confident once my #s rise or I see that tiny flickering heartbeat on an early u/s.  My nursling turns 2 later this month and is still avidly BFing.  Wishing everyone lots and lots of baby dust!!!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#12 of 74 Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 AM

goodvibes.gifgoodvibes.gifAKK!!! goodvibes.gifgoodvibes.gif

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#13 of 74 Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome RosieL

AngelKissedKids~ fingersx.gif that your #'s keep going up.

#14 of 74 Old 03-05-2013, 01:12 PM

Hi there. SoCali, I changed my user name, so if you could switch out me for jenny vangy, that would be great. 

I'm still wondering where the heck AF is. DS has been night weaned for over a month.  With my other two, that was all it took to get my first ppaf, but they were both 15 months, not ten months, so I don't know, maybe it had nothing to do with that. I'd love to say we were DTD enough to feasibly catch the first egg, but I've been sick. sick. sick, so if we do, it will be a real miracle.  DS is still nursing during the day almost exclusively, but we've been working out some food allergies the last month with NAET therapy, and he's already been showing more interest in foods that would make him oh so sick before. Anyway, plugging along hoping to either see AF, or catch that elusive first egg. 

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#15 of 74 Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 AM

Good to see you piratemere! Good luck with the first egg. May we both find and catch it soon. smile.gif

#16 of 74 Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 PM

Hi Rosie!

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#17 of 74 Old 03-07-2013, 05:14 PM

I'm achy in my hips, been slightly nauseous, and a crabbypants. DH and I are both excitedly thinking "woohoo, maybe it's my cycle!" I'd love to catch the first egg but getting My PPAF would e really reassuring.

#18 of 74 Old 03-09-2013, 07:33 PM

I love that this thread exists. I have been feeling like the only person in the world that can't wait to get her period. So I'm not alone after all. Does anyone take some kind of supplement or anything?

guitar.giffly-by-nursing1.gifMy little frequent feeder was born 12/30/11 and I've never been so happy.

#19 of 74 Old 03-10-2013, 03:49 PM

Hi Ladies
I have a question. We are ttc our second child. Our DD just turned 2 and is still nursing morning, bedtime and about twice at night. I have had my AF back since she was 4 months old. This month for the first time since we started ttc again every time she nurse I start having crampy feelings. Should I try to wean her? If I am pg is this crampy feeling dangerous to the new baby? For what it's worth I am 10dpo.
Thanks in advance!!!
#20 of 74 Old 03-10-2013, 05:45 PM

Ak: Oh man, if I was in your shoes I would be peeing on every stick in the house! I don't know the answer, but y guess would be that it's perfectly fine. Fingers crossed for you!

CrystalR: I feel the same way. Bring on AF!!!

All that crazy achiness and cramping must have been unrelated...no AF here.

I have the cheap wondfo amazon hcg tests and was planning on just regularly taking them every week. Crazily enough, I forgot to do so this weekend. I guess I'm more relaxed about this than I thought.

#21 of 74 Old 03-11-2013, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

akcowgirl~ I would take a hpt. I don't think the crampy feeling is dangerous to the baby if your pregnant. I personally wouldn't wean because of it.

CrystalR~ I'm not ready for af to come back just yet. I would never do anything to try and bring it back sooner either.

#22 of 74 Old 03-12-2013, 05:50 AM

akcowgirl I felt crampy every time DS nursed, too. It was very subtle and not painful. I nudged DS to wean about 3 weeks ago as he was already down to 1 - 2 times per day. I did it because it has taken me longer to conceive than I expected and I'm feeling time crunched by my age if I want to TTC #2. DS is 2. I'm almost 33. DH and I have been TTC 4 cycles. We conceived DS on our first try with only 1 bd.
#23 of 74 Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 PM

Well, I'm finally feeling confident enough to be moved to the success category :-)  I had a beta of 2858 last Friday so I'm definitely pregnant; all day nausea and it's extremely painful to nurse now.  Thankfully DD is about turn 2 and seems to be accepting me postponing nursing a lot more often.  She's also sleeping better through the night (maybe it's b/c there is less milk already?); she even had a dry diaper 2 nights in a row.

Success Story

February

DD 23mos, 6PPAF, 5mosTTC

Wishing you all BFPs, long boring pregnancies, and happy healthy new nurslings very soon!!!

RosieL likes this.

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#24 of 74 Old 03-13-2013, 12:32 PM

Thanks for the advice ladies. AF showed up early this morning so we are out this cycle. I am not planning on weaning dd right away. It seems that she is growing less interested in bf as she grows so I will probably start trying to redirect her some and see if that helps. As it is now she is nursing in the evening and 2-3 times a night. Hear to hoping for next cycle.
#25 of 74 Old 03-13-2013, 06:58 PM

AngelKissedKids, CONGRATS!!! So excited for you!

DS night weaned well over a month ago, and AF is nowhere to be seen.  Well, I say that, but I'm actually going to go get some dollar store tests in the morning because my milk supply has dropped noticeably, and I could eat pounds of chocolate every day, which I'm only like when I'm pregnant.  I don't actually think I am pregnant, I think I'm just psyching myself out and analyzing every little feeling I have. On the other hand, I could just be ramping up for AF to come.  Has anyone else experienced a drop in milk supply when AF comes back?  I don't remember that with my other boys.

#26 of 74 Old 03-14-2013, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Congratulations on all the newly pregnant mothers! :) 

So envious! 

Our dd is 21 months old, and I really want to start trying for #2. Absolutely no signs of AF yet, though. I've started to push dd to start nursing less during the day, as her intake of solid food has greatly increased in the last couple of weeks. But I don't want to wean 100% if I can help it. 

Anything I can do to increase my chances of becoming fertile again? I saw my TCM doctor recently, and he told me it would be difficult for me to get pregnant while nursing based on the state of my health. I was pretty bummed to hear that. 

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#27 of 74 Old 03-14-2013, 10:53 AM

Huge congrats angelkissedkids!!!
#28 of 74 Old 03-14-2013, 11:23 AM

Hooray angelkissedkids! Here's to (I guess it's 8 now?) months of an easy pregnancy. :)

I haven't been charting or really "trying" but not preventing either. So this month we had one shot and it wasn't at a really opportune time, but since I wasn't charting, I'm not sure how inopportune the time was. If my period doesn't show in a week I'm going to take a test. I have had some strange cramping but nothing else out of the ordinary. *shrug*. We'll see how it goes. Also I have cut DD back with breastfeeding to 4x a day (man, she hates that) so maybe that'll help my fertility when we do decide to start trying in earnest instead of half-@$$ing it.

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#29 of 74 Old 03-14-2013, 11:38 AM

Congrats Angelkissed kids.

Girlspn - DS is 23 mo and still no AF either.  I did have some fertile mucus over the weekend though.  that is the first time this happened so I hope she is coming back soon.  I stopped pumping last month (it was only at lunchtime) and DS is dropping the after daycare nursing because now that it is warming up and all the kids are outside again he would rather join in playing with them than nurse.  He still nurses after daycare on any day we have to go inside when we get home, but it is a start.  Other than that he is first thing in the am, bedtime, and 1-2x during the night. I just need to get him back to sleeping long stretches again he got a cold which threw him into a bad pattern which is hard to break.

DS 4/11

#30 of 74 Old 03-14-2013, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I was hoping this thread existed!! DS is 28months, born 11/10, still nursing lots day and night.

AF only just returned in December (yay!), but no luck yet. I'm in my third cycle now, the first two were both 42 days long, and my luteal phase was only 6 days!!! Boooo!

I'm not too savvy in this whole TTC business, but I assume it's the nursing that's keeping my luteal phase short and preventing anything from sticking...? I'm 99.9% sure I'm ovulating (EWCM and mittelschmertz).

Deciding now how patient I want to be - just wait a while longer or start trying some supplements or herbs to lengthen my luteal phase.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page