March TWW Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 631 Old 03-12-2013, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrafighter View Post

We've got these cute little announcements all designed, and last night DH had to gently remind me that one of the couples I was going to send one to has been TTC for the last several years (and may never be able to) so maybe we should find another way to let them know.  I would have just steamrolled all over them in my excitement if it hadn't been for DH.  For some reason, I really feel the need to apologize to all of you ladies who are having difficulties.  I know you know that they (hopefully) don't mean anything by it, but I'm still sorry for how things go down sometimes.  greensad.gif

Don't be sorry ultra. When I was struggling TTC my DD2, my SIL found out she was pregnant with her first. The day before she made the official announcement, she called us to let us know. It was really kind, and it gave me a day to privately sort my feelings out so I could smile along with the rest of the family. I followed her example when I was pregnant.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 631 Old 03-12-2013, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liv made - hugs on your late loss, somehow brain to finger didn't actually type it last time.. You're so strong and positive on here for us all, and here's this deep mourning we didn't know was there 😞 hopefully you are blessed again really soon.
Kelsey lol you're funny! I'm just glad someone on here is at least as crazy as me... I don't want to raise any false hopes etc. lol but can't believe you didn't think of that while symptom spotting 😝 hopefully all of us close to it will find out soon.
Btw ff has my cycle ending in a weeks time (O was wrong in my first chart month) but I know I'm a 31-32 day girl lol...

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***
36***40
#303 of 631 Old 03-12-2013, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Larksi, so sorry to hear about your early loss.  Like Dahlia, I got my BFP the very next cycle.  Fx you do too.

Liv, my heart goes out to you.  Losing a baby at 24 weeks must have been devastating for you.  I lost my niece to full-term stillbirth and she is missed greatly.

AFM, I'm still lurking, hoping to celebrate more BFPs with all of you :-)  My beta last Friday was 2858 so I'm definitely pregnant and the all day nausea and extremely painful nursing has kicked in.  I'm 6 weeks now and I'll be having an early u/s near the end of the month.

Congratulations to those of you who got BFPs!!!  Wishing everyone loads of baby dust and uber sticky baby vibes!!!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#304 of 631 Old 03-12-2013, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies,
I am so sorry I haven't been able to docs proper catch up post. It has been totally crazy around here. Sickness and no sleep.

12dpo and still a BFN with light spotting today. I am pretty sure I am out this cycle but will keep testing till the fat AF lady sings.

Ladies with losses, I am so sorry!!!! I can't even imagine how very hard it must be.

Everyone else, I will be KMFX for you!!!!
#305 of 631 Old 03-12-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnkadesmom View Post

Kelsey- no judgment here! It is hard not to become consumed with TTC. During the TWW EVERYTHING is a symptom. You are definitely in the right place! 😃

I couldn't believe it was time O again so soon! And then TTW draaaaaggggs. I got lower back pain a couple hours ago and I'm hoping it sticks til I get my BFP, then it can go away. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post

Kelsey lol you're funny! I'm just glad someone on here is at least as crazy as me... I don't want to raise any false hopes etc. lol but can't believe you didn't think of that while symptom spotting 😝 hopefully all of us close to it will find out soon.

Everything is a false hope with symptom spotting, at least it makes the TTW tolerable. :) So I don't mind any encouraging. I can't believe I didn't think of implantation either! As soon as I read that I was like "oh, duh". I guess I was so thrown off about the EWCM and my cervix being so high and blended in that I completely ignored the more obvious explanation. OOOPS. :P Yes, FX for all! I still got a ways til I can test though. I keep telling myself; half way through, half way through.

belly.gif Nova born on 12/15/11 
belly.gifCapri expected 1/26/14

#306 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 07:18 AM

I will not pee on a stick, I will not pee on a stick...
AF due Friday and I promised myself to wait til Saturday to POAS.
I forgot how much the TWW drags on...
#307 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 08:01 AM

Okay...no temp rise like expected this morning. Thinking O is delayed. If it comes today that will mean I probably missed the boat since no BDing has occured since early Sat morning. UGH! My DH is completely oblivious to my sutle signs! I told him so this morning and he was clueless...bless his heart. Oh well!
#308 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 08:45 AM

Symptom spotting has begun for me. I'm tired despite 8 hrs of sleep and every time I get upset about something I get nauseous. Only 4 DPO for me. And my temps are low, which is worrying. They aren't below my cover line, but still. Way too soon to start obsessing. Sigh...
#309 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 08:52 AM

Oh! Looks like I am out! The usual pre-period spotting has begun! Now to decide if we want to TTC for a Christmas time baby or not...
#310 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

So, 13 DPO and pretty sure I'm going to be out this cycle. BFN this morning. No AF yet, but I had some cramping last night. No other AF symptoms, but I'm predictably unpredictable that way.

Ranting for a moment...

So, insomnia is a thing for me. I was taking Ambien on and off (mostly on) for almost five years. I cut it out a few months ago, which was extremely difficult. I managed to transition to a protocol of neurontin, melatonin, and ibuprofen (lowers body temp, signalling sleep). It was a huge effort, and I was really glad I did. Sleep wasn't always great, but it was better than being dependent on taking a mind-altering drug every night, battling with tolerance, doing weird things while I was medicated, etc. It took weeks of poor sleep, nighttime anxiety, and more will power than I thought I had, but I managed.

And now we've been TTC for three months with no luck, and I'm worried that it's because of the melatonin. I already cut out the ibuprofen while TTC because of the risk of MC. Without the melatonin, I often can't sleep until 3 or 4 in the morning, and my alarm goes off for work at 6. I couldn't sleep last night, finally broke down and took it at 1:30 a.m., was asleep by 2 (so I could get up 4 hours later).

So, I'm at a loss. Do I continue the melatonin and hope we can eventually conceive anyhow? Can I deal with months and months of trying when the fix could be so simple? Do I go back to Ambien instead, when I had so much trouble stopping before? Do I deal with being dead tired all of the time until I lose my job and my kids disown me? I want to believe that I could take the Ambien until the pregnancy was established and then discontinue and go back to the melatonin, but I don't know if that's naiive. I just know that getting knocked up on Ambien was not a problem for me (it might even help, since one of the weird things I do on it is want the sex, a lot).

I talked to DH about some of this, and he just doesn't get it. He said, "You just need to relax. Trying to get pregnant is supposed to be fun!" No, babe, getting pregnant is fun. TRYING to get pregnant is miserable. He doesn't get it, because his part of it is just having nightly sex for a few days out of each month. He doesn't deal with the vitamins and testing and planning and waiting and disappointment. Then he was like, "You didn't want to be pregnant in the dead of summer anyhow." And I got upset and said, "Well, I'm not going to be!"

So, there you go. AF is due tomorrow, I have a long work/school day today, I'm tired from my poor night's sleep, and I'm just entirely OVER this whole TTC thing.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#311 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 AM

Hi ladies, I am on my TWW so I thought I would come in and say hello. For the past month I have been seeing a fertility doctor so all the guessing of when I ovulate and stressing has gone out the window. (well I am still stressing) but the guessing part is gone..lol. This cycle my doctor has put me on femara and I took an injection called ovidril. So now I am just waiting. I believe I am 2 days dpo...soooo I still got another 12 days to go. I am just hoping for the best. My DH and I have been trying 10 months for baby number 2 and I am getting tied of seeing BFN's. Has anyone taken those two medications and got great success in the first cycle?

I wish everyone a dark BFP!!!!...GOOD LUCK!

#312 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello! I will write properly later.
Wick update- AF has moved in lock stock and barrel. I have cramps and feel rubbish. A definite out.

Still, everything us reset and the game begins again for another month. To all you ladies joining me in another round, lets hope for baby dust. To those still patiently waiting good luck xxx
#313 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 11:41 AM

Primal- This may be a stupid question, but have you tweaked your diet to try to help with the insomnia? I have several friends who struggled with insomnia their entire lives until they went lower carb (100-150/day) and no carbs at all in the evening. Insomnia sounds awful though, hope you can find a solution soon to being able to sleep AND get pregnant!

Welcome lisab82! Is the femara and ovridil to stimulate ovulation? Fx for you this month!

AFM, I'm 11dpo and having the longest cycle I've had since having DS (cd30 today). Hooray! I took tests yesterday and today and BFN, so trying not to get my hopes up. Just trying to stay happy for a more normal-ish cycle!

Crunchy, paleo mama to DS (05/11) and #2 & #3 (!) on the way, due Feb 2014!
#314 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 11:48 AM

Hi Amy, yes the femara is to get me to ovulate sooner because I have long cycles and the ovidril is to release the egg during ovulation. I am also on Metformin to help me ovulate. OOO the joys of trying to get pregnant. My doctor told me if I do not concieve in 3 cycles then we will have to do a different procedure.

#315 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 11:53 AM

Owlhowl: we are in the same boat trying to decide if we want a Christmas baby or not.
Writeon: symptoms sound good, hopefully the temps come up.
Livn: I find for me the direct approach work well sometimes also. Might be tmi but I will look at DH and say" wanna go upstairs with me wink wink" it usually work for me. Good luck
Angelkissed: that a good beta, congrats.
Primal: how are things this morning?
Choirs: how about you? How's it going?

Sorry, if I missed people.

The fat lady started singing early this morning. AF showed her face so we are out this cycle. greensad.gif trying to accept that fact and process that if we to get pg next cycle we will have a Christmas baby
#316 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 12:12 PM

Primal: sorry, I should have refreshed my page before I replied. I am so sorry about the insomnia. Have you tried valerian or calms forte? I am not sure how they would affect ttc but it might be something to look into. I know the dr told me I could take calms while breast feeding. Hope that helps
#317 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Amy -- I have not; diet and weight are something that has been a struggle as well, so it would be pretty remarkable for me to get on and stay on a low carb diet. I do try to get regular exercise, and that helps. I've been taking baby steps  toward improving my overall diet, but don't think I can manage any large changes just now. Thank you for the information, though. It's definitely worth further consideration and research!

It sounds like a lot of people are pretty frustrated this cycle. Or is that every cycle?

Yeah, I'm definitely over this TTC thing. I suspect, though, that there is a gambler's mentality in play here, and next month as O approaches I'll be ready to take another shot.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#318 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 02:00 PM

It looks like a lot of frustration and disapointment today. I am 10DPO today and had a temp drop, still above coverline but it was a drop. I am in between being positive we are out for this cycle and wishing we are pregnant...  AF is expected on Saturday, testing is planned for Sunday if she doesn't show up. 

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#319 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 02:02 PM

Primal I think it's every cycle... Haha
#320 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 02:08 PM

I have a charting question...lurkers feel free to chime in. I took my temp as soon as my alarm went off this morning. Since I was expecting an increase and didn't see one I took it again to make sure it was accurate. It was a tenth degree higher the second time. Which temp should I use on my chart? Also, my other fertility signs seem off. My CM has been less the past few days...even to the point I thought I was dry a couple days ago. Plus my cervix seems low and hard. I am just confused! Really thought I would see a temp rise today. If I knew how to link my chart from my phone I would so u all could take a look. Any ideas?
#321 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalJoy View Post

So, 13 DPO and pretty sure I'm going to be out this cycle. BFN this morning. No AF yet, but I had some cramping last night. No other AF symptoms, but I'm predictably unpredictable that way.

Ranting for a moment...

So, insomnia is a thing for me. I was taking Ambien on and off (mostly on) for almost five years. I cut it out a few months ago, which was extremely difficult. I managed to transition to a protocol of neurontin, melatonin, and ibuprofen (lowers body temp, signalling sleep). It was a huge effort, and I was really glad I did. Sleep wasn't always great, but it was better than being dependent on taking a mind-altering drug every night, battling with tolerance, doing weird things while I was medicated, etc. It took weeks of poor sleep, nighttime anxiety, and more will power than I thought I had, but I managed.

And now we've been TTC for three months with no luck, and I'm worried that it's because of the melatonin. I already cut out the ibuprofen while TTC because of the risk of MC. Without the melatonin, I often can't sleep until 3 or 4 in the morning, and my alarm goes off for work at 6. I couldn't sleep last night, finally broke down and took it at 1:30 a.m., was asleep by 2 (so I could get up 4 hours later).

So, I'm at a loss. Do I continue the melatonin and hope we can eventually conceive anyhow? Can I deal with months and months of trying when the fix could be so simple? Do I go back to Ambien instead, when I had so much trouble stopping before? Do I deal with being dead tired all of the time until I lose my job and my kids disown me? I want to believe that I could take the Ambien until the pregnancy was established and then discontinue and go back to the melatonin, but I don't know if that's naiive. I just know that getting knocked up on Ambien was not a problem for me (it might even help, since one of the weird things I do on it is want the sex, a lot).

I talked to DH about some of this, and he just doesn't get it. He said, "You just need to relax. Trying to get pregnant is supposed to be fun!" No, babe, getting pregnant is fun. TRYING to get pregnant is miserable. He doesn't get it, because his part of it is just having nightly sex for a few days out of each month. He doesn't deal with the vitamins and testing and planning and waiting and disappointment. Then he was like, "You didn't want to be pregnant in the dead of summer anyhow." And I got upset and said, "Well, I'm not going to be!"

So, there you go. AF is due tomorrow, I have a long work/school day today, I'm tired from my poor night's sleep, and I'm just entirely OVER this whole TTC thing.
I'm so sorry greensad.gif I know nothing about all of this but that sounds so horribly difficult and draining greensad.gif I hope something works out for you very soon! Thinking about you, dear!
#322 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnkadesmom View Post

I have a charting question...lurkers feel free to chime in. I took my temp as soon as my alarm went this morning. Sine I was expecting an increase and didn't see one I took it again to make sure it was accurate. It was a tenth degree higher the second time. Which temp should I use on my chart? Also, my other fertility signs seem off. My CM has been less the past few

I always stick with the first one, I would make a note though so you have the information. A tenth of a degree shouldn't greatly affect your chart.

Do you have a chart to share? Anything major going on this past cycle?

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#323 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 02:36 PM

Livnkadesmom: I would use the first temp also. I agree make a note with the second temp but chart the first.
#324 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 03:26 PM

Livn - if you have ff on your mobile - go to the button that says 'more' in there is an option to 'share/email your chart' then use the top button about 'creating a home page' then it will give you a link you can copy and paste😃 - I worked it out a few days ago... I agree though use the lower and note the others... I've been doing that the last 2 days (temp drop but not to cover line)... If no O rise yet, doesn't that give you a bd opportunity tonight 😉

Primal - sorry about the insomnia, my only other thought would be to try some natural therapy - either naturopath or some therapy like acupuncture, kinergetics etc
Akk - huge hcg #!
Owl howl, akcowgirl - hugs, let us know what you decide re December babies...
Lisa - welcome!
Lyterae - I'm like you 13dpo today and a temp drop yesterday and today... Still above the cover line just!
Jjh - how are you going?
Cls - are you well into the next cycle yet?
Writeon yoga - symptom spot away, it adds an interesting flair to this post (lol and distracts me from my own spotting 😳)
Kelsey - any news today?

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
36***40
#325 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 03:42 PM

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/1046ae

Not sure but maybe this link will work. Also, I started B comes this cycle...would that mess things up?
#326 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 03:45 PM

It works! Looking now

36***40
#327 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 03:45 PM

Also...I only keep up with bd during fertile times and you will notice lack there of due to a busy weekend, sick child and DH cluelessness...slightly embarrassing ☺

Yes Chuord...maybe he will get the hint tonight...however I really feel like we missed it.
#328 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 03:48 PM

Sorry Livn, I'm not that experienced at charts - I can see why you are confused... Temps are all over the place when compared to ewcm... Did you try an opk? Hopefully there's a seasoned charter lurking...

36***40
#329 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 03:50 PM

Livn - I fully sympathize, that was last month for me, we were neither really in the mood and I couldn't get around to convincing him... Pathetic right lol

36***40
#330 of 631 Old 03-13-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post

Livn - if you have ff on your mobile - go to the button that says 'more' in there is an option to 'share/email your chart' then use the top button about 'creating a home page' then it will give you a link you can copy and paste😃 - I worked it out a few days ago... I agree though use the lower and note the others... I've been doing that the last 2 days (temp drop but not to cover line)... If no O rise yet, doesn't that give you a bd opportunity tonight 😉

Primal - sorry about the insomnia, my only other thought would be to try some natural therapy - either naturopath or some therapy like acupuncture, kinergetics etc
Akk - huge hcg #!
Owl howl, akcowgirl - hugs, let us know what you decide re December babies...
Lisa - welcome!
Lyterae - I'm like you 13dpo today and a temp drop yesterday and today... Still above the cover line just!
Jjh - how are you going?
Cls - are you well into the next cycle yet?
Writeon yoga - symptom spot away, it adds an interesting flair to this post (lol and distracts me from my own spotting 😳)
Kelsey - any news today?
I'm doing well smile.gif I have my first appointment April 1 so I am looking forward to that! Otherwise, slight nausea but mostly I am starving constantly! How's the TWW?

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page