March TWW Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-08-2013, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Amy I think FF is right. Eeek! Sometimes it seems you're more likely to get pg when not trying! FX for you!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeonyogamama View Post

Ugh, so frustrated with DH tonight. We're trying to do an every other day BD during my fertile window and tonight he takes a sleeping pill. I'm so over this. And BTW, how does anyone conceive with a co-sleeping 2 year old in the house?

I can not tell you how much I can relate to this statement. My DH seems oblivious to my "cues". I am kind of modest so it is hard for me to be real straight forward about initiating anything. I am totally with u on how frustrating it is. What is bad is I wake up mad at him and he has no idea what he did wrong.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Livnkades and Writeonyogamama I found bathroom quickies (sometimes in the morning) to help things along. DH was usually into the idea and (a little embarrassed to admit, but) PBS Kids kept DD occupied long enough! Not always ideal, but effective. Have you tried lingerie? That's also always a big clue to my DH that , oh, she's in the mood! But that only works if it makes you feel sexy. I totally hear you both though, husbands completely DO NOT get it!! Very frustrating. That is a huge factor in why it took us 10 cycles before success. Only getting 1 or 2 BD in during the fertile window was apparently not enough in 9 cycles prior to success!

And Primaljoy, I think it was you that asked about charting Vs. OPKs a while back. I had been using OPKs for 8 cycles, BD timed per + OPK. No success. I temped for 2 cycles (also using OPKs) and got pregnant the second cycle. It was really interesting to see how the OPK +s compared to when I actually O'd, and how I got different results from different brands of OPKs. This last cycle I used Wondfo OPKs and FRER OPKs. Based on temping, I got a + OPK 2 full days before O with Wondfos. With FRER, not until the day before. And the Wondfos stayed positive for 2 days. The FRER was only + once. But based on my Pre-O temp dip (which I noted the first month of temping) we managed to BD each of the 3 days before O and the day after O. I am convinced those early days (-3 and -2) were the key.

Thinking of you all and continuing to send lots of good vibes goodvibes.gif

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Old 03-08-2013, 04:03 PM

Congrats Vaquitita, jjh5351, ultrafighter

Renaissance, good to hear from you and good luck! Hope you get a sticky bean this month. 

NSusan, hope your situation works out! 

Anyone heard from Larski

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

Old 03-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Livnkades- your post made me smile with recognition. I can get so angry at DH's peaceful sleeping when I want sex!!! We have not managed more than twice in the fertile window yet!! I got some great advice on here last month to let it go and let it happen. It's totally true. And not very easy!!

Yoga mama- hope he was cooperative!! ;-)
Old 03-08-2013, 05:01 PM

Oh girls, just wait until you DO get pregnant and he wants sex and you're just exhausted... Then you can really stick it to him lol! DH did that to me two nights ago and I was just not having it! He even complained... I told him it was his fault smile.gif
Old 03-08-2013, 06:17 PM

LOL, jjh. Definitely true! It's quite a jolt from them from TTCing sex to pregnant lady lack thereof! 

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Old 03-08-2013, 06:47 PM

Hi, Serenyd and everyone else--I'm still here.  Just going a little crazy.  Took a little break because I kept POASing and getting a super super faint line past the wait time.  So I thought it would be best to just sit back and wait and see if AF would come today. Well, so far no AF, so I went and bought a FRER and... the same very very faint pink line (I believe it came up around five minutes or see--not the three they say to wait for).  So, I dunno.  I think I am probably pregnant, but would really like a little bit more certainty before I break out the Martinelli's.  Hopefully waiting a few more days (or getting AF) will answer this definitively one way or the other.  Eeee.

Any new updates, mamaBlue?  Oxford?  CLS?

Welcome to the newcomers!  And CONGRATS, ultrafighter!  Fingers crossed to everyone else!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:50 PM

How many DPO, Larski? FX!

Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 PM

15!

Old 03-08-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larski View Post

15!

Well that's promising!!! biggrinbounce.gif

Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I'm 13dpo. I had a BFN on a FRER this morning, so I'm pretty sure I'm out for this cycle. :( I still don't know what the day of weird prickly cramps was about from 10dpo, and I guess I never will. It was the weirdest sensation, but I guess it wasn't a baby. I'm going to take my last progesterone on Sunday night, the do one last POAS Monday morning (16dpo), and then it's onto the next cycle. Silly me, I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. 

There is a silver lining though, I'm still not spotting, so my progesterone is working. Next cycle, I'll add temping to the mix in addition to the OPK and cervical position stuff I've already been doing. I hate temping, it makes me a little nutty, but I really should check that I'm actually ovulating. I had my PPAF in April 2012, and with exception of the two first cycles, I've had a consistent 29 or 27 day cycle since then with what feels like O cramps mid-cycle. We pretty much have sex EOD and sometimes daily, so something's up. I thought the past two months of OPK's and progesterone would have been enough to catch an egg, but I guess not. I'm giving it one more cycle, and then I'm thinking that I'll call my RE to see if we can figure out what's going on. I was really hoping to get knocked up the old-fashioned (and free) way, but considering my history, I should probably make the call sooner than later. Plus, I had an MRI three weeks ago, so my deductible had already been met. I guess I should see what kind of IF coverage I have, if any. I was trying to avoid that rodeo. 

So... When CD1 arrives, I'm going to get a pedicure and then I'm making one of my famous margaritas. :) AF isn't going to get me down.

(Typo fix: Edited PPAF year to 2012.)

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:21 AM

Mentioned: 363 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Mama blue - I hope you're wrong... That sux a lot, I'm thinking maybe sushi to go with the margaritas! if its not going to be out of pocket expensive - I think you're idea of getting checked out is very smart... Who knows it could be something relatively simple, fx for that anyway!
I'm with you this month, I have no solid expectations anymore... I'm only 8dpo and had cramping today, lol but my digestive tract has been sore so??? AF is due in 4-5 days... Oh I poas this morning, a perfect negative! Anyway - hopefully we both have a shot 😄 instead of into the circus again!
Hi everyone xxx

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
Old 03-09-2013, 02:32 AM

Mamablue- good news about the progesterone, I agree about getting checked out- I have my fingers crossed for you. I hope AF doesn't find you, but if she does I vote for chuord's sushi.. and two margaritas!

Chuord- you still have a shot. If that witch AF does visit, it clears the board for the next round. This roller Coaster is tough isn't it?

Larski- I'm very excited for you! That sounds very promising. Is AF normally quite regular? To be late and getting a faint positive is toe curling!!!! Keep us posted.

Katie and jjh- your posts made me laugh! That is another reason to look forward to the BFP!! How are you both feeling? I hope the LO is growing in a nice way and not causing you too much discomfort.

For me- I am 12 dpo today. After getting my bfn yesterday, I am sure I am out. It's strange, apart from that one day when I convinced myself that PMS was actually pregnancy, u haven't felt pregnant at all this tww. I'm now looking forward to entertaining AF on Monday and then when she leaves, another month.
I'm going to crack out the lingerie and try to get enough BD to see if we have a problem. Us 5 months TTC a long time? I am 35 so I'm realistic.

Good luck to all still BDing or patiently waiting!
Old 03-09-2013, 02:34 AM

Should have said- is 5 months TTC a long time?

Tough typing on a phone!!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:28 AM

Hello chuord are you experience with temping? Can you please take a look at my chart & tell me if I'm out this month
I'm very cconfused my temps keep going crazy up down. Last week I had what I thought was a dip in my temp that
followed by cramping to both ovaries & I had spotting that very same day, lasted for 1 hour & ever since then thru
Wednesday I was still having cramping. And now I'm so confused to see my temps going nuts. Thanks in advance...
Old 03-09-2013, 04:03 AM

Oxford - sorry you are out this month! I'm on 4 months ttc, lol and age 38 so I get you! Here's to it working next month!
777star - I'm a newbie to charting, but from what I understand it doesn't seem to matter if the temp fluctuates a bit - as long as it stays above the cover line you are in with a chance... When is AF due? Have you done a cheap test? As you are at 12 dpo I'd do a test... I hope that helps a bit

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
Old 03-09-2013, 05:02 AM

Chuord- Af is due on monday. I haven't done one yet because I didn't
want to get my hopes up high & get disappointed lol I've been trying
ttc for 5months as well & every month I think I'm pregnant
silly me. But this month was different for me because when had my
dip 5dpo I had spotting & my husband & I didn't bed the night before
& I was having horrible cramps, that I didn't have in the previous months
Old 03-09-2013, 05:42 AM

Chuord and oxford I hear you with wondering if 4 or 5 months is a long time ttc. Everything I read says no it's not. But in real life if doesn't feel that way. I conceived my son on the first try with just 1 bd. Now almost 3 years later I'm on my 4th try ttc #2, which is unnerving.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:52 AM

Oxford- I'm feeling pretty much normal except some mild morning nausea and I am sooo exhausted! Oh and I've been dying of thirst smile.gif
Just patiently stalking all of you to see some more BFPs smile.gif
Old 03-09-2013, 05:54 AM

Here's something I put together for my blog the first time I was TTC. Chuord and oxford, maybe this will help you stay positive.

The risk of infertility is real, but fertility statistics are on our side.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:10 AM

Thanks writeon 😄 it's always great to get positive stats! I'm quite sure it will happen for us, but sometimes you just stop and think - oops how did it get so 'late' before I'm starting lol...
Jjh - glad you're not having too many bad pg symptoms! Great to have you, Katie, dahlia, sparkle and a few other grads keeping an eye on us 😊 we are trying to catch up lol
777star - without getting too excited yet it could well be that you are pg this time, only time or a test will tell - fx and patience for you 😃

Old 03-09-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford View Post

Livnkades- your post made me smile with recognition. I can get so angry at DH's peaceful sleeping when I want sex!!! We have not managed more than twice in the fertile window yet!! I got some great advice on here last month to let it go and let it happen. It's totally true. And not very easy!!

Yoga mama- hope he was cooperative!! ;-)

I know...isn't it great to know we have people that can relate to what we are going through? I don't know about you, but there isn't really anyone I have IRL that I can vent these type frustrations too! 😉 This is like a little family!!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:06 AM

The TWW feels like it's dragging by, 6DPO today! No signs/symptoms to obsess over right now. I can't find the post but someone else recently said it was their 2nd month TTC and if they dont get pregnant this cycle they are waiting till summer, we are in the same boat.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 03-09-2013, 08:48 AM

Livnkades I totally get it mama. I don't really have anyone IRL to talk with about this either. I am so very grateful for all of you!! Please don't misunderstand my previous post, I was often really angry and frustrated with DH. He too was completely like, whatever, it might happen. . . And I was completely focused and obsessed, tick, tock, hello? After about 6 months of not pushing, trying to just let it go and let it happen, I took matters into my own hands and became a lot more assertive and initiated more frequently. It was not always because I was that interested in the moment but rather interested in the outcome. That's just being honest. And truthfully, it wasn't terribly effective until this last cycle. Big hug.gif mama!! Fx that you catch that egg fingersx.gif

Lyterae Sending you lots of good vibes!! goodvibes.gif

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Sparkle -- Thank you for the reply. I may try temping in a couple of months if this cycle doesn't work for us. We're going to take a couple of months off if we're not pregnant now because of travel we have planned. I seem to be really regular with my ovulation, so I have been planning intercourse for the 2-3 days before as well as on the day of, so I think my strategy has been similar to what you were doing with temping, assuming, of course, that my OPKs are accurate. They seem to indicate CD11 every month for me.

AFM -- I am not a rock star. I decided last night that I would test this morning. I am 9 DPO now, and figured it was worth a shot. I had some tests from the research study I'm in, and thought they might be more sensitive than the $ store tests I have stocked up for when I'm closer to when AF is due. Well, I woke up this morning, really needed to pee, and COULD NOT FIND the study tests. I looked everywhere. I'm pretty sure they were thrown away accidentally. We also have an 18 month old, so who knows? They could be in the dryer. Anyway, I ended up taking a $ store test instead, and no surprise, it was a BFN. So, I will return to my plan to test on Monday morning. I really am okay with it going either way this month. 

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenyd View Post

Congrats Vaquitita, jjh5351, ultrafighter

Renaissance, good to hear from you and good luck! Hope you get a sticky bean this month. 

NSusan, hope your situation works out! 

Anyone heard from Larski

Thank you!

Old 03-09-2013, 01:51 PM

Primal I'm the same dpo lol, same thoughts it 645am here - do I poas... Hmm I have some cheapies that are meant to be 10 sensitive - more importantly I have a lot lol, so wasting one wouldn't hurt right? 😝
Fx for everyone in the tww...
Afm - temp dip yesterday and a rise today hmmm that'll give me something to obsess over all day! I agree thank goodness for this place and you wonderful supportive gals! Dh has no idea how obsessive I am over this lol
My chart if anyone is bored..

Old 03-09-2013, 05:35 PM

Yes, I love this place too :-)

Quick question... For those who chart on fertility friend, Di you use the "advanced" method or "fam"? I had advice to use fam as the temps are moste accurate, but it changes my o date by 2 days and that doesn't feel right to have been later. Anyone got any experience?

Sparkle- so glad it's still going well for you. :-)
Old 03-09-2013, 06:38 PM

Sorry Oxford - I didn't know there were options like that... Am now looking forward to an answer too 😀

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List