Charting temp help? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-20-2013, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think I want to start charting my temperature to figure out when I'm ovulating, but I'm not sure where to even start.

Could someone give me some help on how to chart and how to interpret the readings? Also can you use just a normal thermometer or do you have to buy a special one?

Blessings,

Krista

Blessings,

Krista

Quote:
Don't overlook the obvious here, friends. With God, one day is as good as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. God isn't late with his promise as some measure lateness. He is restraining himself on account of you...He's giving everyone space and time to change. -...

#2 of 2 Old 03-20-2013, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

I would recommend buying a specific BBT.  You can get one for about $10.  If it's digital, it should have memory so you can recall the temp after you get out of bed.  BBT won't predict O, but it will confirm it when you have a sustained temp rise.  You should take your temp first thing every morning when you wake up, around the same time, before you move or get out of bed.  I kept my thermometer on my nightshtand and stuck it in my mouth when the alarm went off.

Fertility Friend has a website with free charting that's pretty easy to use and they also have info on how to chart.  If you prefer to use paper, you can find a chart online and just print it out.  After a few months, you will begin to see patterns that can help show you when you are ovulating and how long your follicular and luteul phases are.  It can help you predict when you will O.  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page