Please school me on BBT and CM to predict ovulation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just got my BBT thermometer in the mail (and they sent a cute little bag of baby dust with it, aw!) today and I have really no understanding of this stuff because I've never actually TTC before. DS was a happy accident, so there was no planning involved. I also have some ovulation strips and pregnancy tests coming in the mail.

I have an iPad app called pink pad and I can chart my BBT there, I also keep track of spotting and when we are intimate. I want to start tracking CM, but I also have no idea about that either.

We DTD last night because I had CM on my underwear that looked like it was almost the egg white kind. No chunks, just slippery/watery/stretchy looking. I looked up some photos of the different stages of CM and what they are, so I was going by that.

But if someone could give me a quick rundown, I would really appreciate it!

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

#2 of 5 Old 03-20-2013, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

BBT usually can't help you predict when you will O.  Some women have a little temp dip right before but you won't be able to see that until you have a few months of charts to compare.  You should take your temp every morning at about the same time when you wake up before you move or get out of bed.  I kept mine on my nightstand and stuck it in my mouth when the alarm went off.  BBT can tell you that you have O'd by a sustained temperature rise.  It confirms, and that is helpful too.

EWCM should not be chunky.  It should be slippery and stretchy like you said.  CM tends to dry up after O.  Fertility Friend has an e-book you can buy for a few dollars that helps you with charting that's pretty helpful.  A lot of women also read Taking Charge of Your Fertility.  FF and TCOYF both have websites and charting apps that are helpful.  With a few months info it will predict when it thinks you will O.  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 5 Old 03-22-2013, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info! I think I've already ovulated. I finally got my ovulation and pregnancy strips in the mail. I'll have to wait a couple weeks to take a pregnancy test, but the ovulation test said negative. So we'll see if we did the baby dance at the right time. If not there's always next month. I'm getting married on May 26th, soI'd totally be ok with it happening now, because I probably wouldn't be showing much by then, but I'll be ok if I have to wait a little bit too. I just want to be pregnant so bad! My body feels ready, I feel ready, my fiance feels ready, and I've been getting my DS ready for the idea of a sibling.

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

#4 of 5 Old 03-22-2013, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyAC View Post

BBT usually can't help you predict when you will O.  Some women have a little temp dip right before but you won't be able to see that until you have a few months of charts to compare.  You should take your temp every morning at about the same time when you wake up before you move or get out of bed.  I kept mine on my nightstand and stuck it in my mouth when the alarm went off.  BBT can tell you that you have O'd by a sustained temperature rise.  It confirms, and that is helpful too.

EWCM should not be chunky.  It should be slippery and stretchy like you said.  CM tends to dry up after O.  Fertility Friend has an e-book you can buy for a few dollars that helps you with charting that's pretty helpful.  A lot of women also read Taking Charge of Your Fertility.  FF and TCOYF both have websites and charting apps that are helpful.  With a few months info it will predict when it thinks you will O.  Good luck!

Also, I just want to say congrats on your soon to be bundle of joy after a year of TTC!! So wonderful! <3

#5 of 5 Old 03-22-2013, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Thanks!  And Congratulations on your wedding!  joy.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page