Trying to Conceive Soon - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Hey there! I'm a 31 year old proud mommy of a 4 year old boy and soon to be married woman in 2 months. My fiancee and I want a sibling soon for our son and I was wondering when I should stop taking birth control pills and how we should prep to conceive? We are getting married in June and want to start immediately on another baby. 

Help!

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#2 of 5 Old 03-22-2013, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would suggest that you can stop taking it ASAP so this way it would be out of your system and to get your body back to normal so this way you can track when you ovulating..

Lost my angel on 11/22/12.. got my BFP on 3/29/13...Expecting the love of my life <3 on 12/13

#3 of 5 Old 03-22-2013, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Thanks Angelbaby. I was thinking of finishing my last packet next month so that when May starts we will be all set to go.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#4 of 5 Old 03-25-2013, 03:06 PM

Hey mama, I'm in the same boat a you! We're like twins! ROTFLMAO.gifI am getting married in 2 months, have an almost 4 year old and we are currently TTC.

I had the IUD and I took it out about 3 weeks ago and I have been doing the OPK tests and temping (even though you apparently need to do it for more than just one cycle to understand your temps). I have also been checking my cervix and I'm pretty sure I ovulated today. We did the BD today, yesterday, and the day before, and we'll probably do it the next couple days just to be sure.

I haven't actually had a period in 5 years, so I have no idea what my body is doing.

Good luck to you though. Maybe we'll both get lucky and BFP quickly!

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

#5 of 5 Old 03-25-2013, 03:07 PM

Also, I see that you are a new member. I posted on these forums through my last pregnancy and postpartum and they are the BEST! Everyone is so supportive here.

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page