17 DPO Very Faint Pos -- chemical, early MC or the real deal? Help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-23-2013, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Ladies -- So I tested 12 DPO and got BFN, figured I was out so went about my business until 16 DPO when AF still hadn't shown up. This is my first cycle on clomid 50 mg so figured it was just the medication elongating my LP as I know it can. Decided to test before going to a dinner party just in case bc otherwise I was going to drink a bunch of vino and voila a very faint BFP on an Internet cheapie at about 7 pm. Not convinced at all think it might be an evap so test again this a.m. 17 DPO and same deal -- faint pos on Internet cheapie. Take a FRER with third MU and a line definitely pops up in about a minute but again it's faint! Shouldn't my lines be waaay darker by 17 DPO?? I confirmed O with temp shift so I know for a fact I'm at 17. I really do not want to get my hopes up yet bc I feel like there's something not right with this. We've been trying for 7 cycles and I've had nary a shadow of a line the whole time so at least this is proof I can get prego but something tells me this bean will not be sticky. Thoughts!?!?

I've already scheduled a blood test for tomorrow but this is driving me nuts in the interim. I don't even want to tell DH until I'm sure. Thanks for your help ladies.

Me(29) + DH(29) married 8.2010 | MC 4.2013 | Expecting #1 2.2014

#2 of 6 Old 03-23-2013, 05:10 AM

That's what my positive looked like!

How long did it take for the positive to show up? As I progressively peed on sticks, the line didn't ever get as dark as the control line, it just started showing up quicker.

I think pregnant. Congratulations!!!
oasis84 likes this.

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

#3 of 6 Old 03-23-2013, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Don't worry about the test line not being as dark as the control line. The control line is basically some stuff that turns pink when it gets wet. I wouldn't worry about the faint positive line either. Dye concentration in tests can really vary. The positive is the line, not the color intensity.

Also, the first time I was pregnant, I tested negative at 17dpo. Then I left the country for two weeks, came home, and got about the kind of positive you did. The pregnancy was totally normal, and the baby just turned six.

What I would do in your shoes though? Tell your husband. You should not have to go through these early pregnancy worries alone, and if, heaven forfend, you did miscarry, you should not have to fill him in on the whole thing all at once in order to get his support. Sharing what's going on gives him the best opportunity to be the best partner he can. It may also mean that you're both tied on emotional knots. My thinking is, better you're at least not lonely emotional knots.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope these worries are just a blip in a healthy and happy nine months.
oasis84 likes this.
#4 of 6 Old 03-23-2013, 05:29 AM

As long as its showing up before ten minutes then you are good and pregnant. With my last pg, I only got faint positives. Congratulations!
oasis84 likes this.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#5 of 6 Old 03-23-2013, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, ladies! Line showed up on FRER almost immediately....This makes me feel way better.

And you're right Meepy time to tell DH. I've held off thus far because I had a very convincing evap line a couple of cycles ago and debated about telling him and then was ultimately glad I hadn't when it turned out to be nothing.

Me(29) + DH(29) married 8.2010 | MC 4.2013 | Expecting #1 2.2014

#6 of 6 Old 03-23-2013, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hooray!  I was going to write that those lines were not even squint worthy.  Those are BFP for sure!

oasis84 likes this.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page