Nursing Mamas TTC April - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 72 Old 04-29-2013, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hahahaha... to be entirely fair, they probably don't recruit separate lingerie models for the nursing bras as for the regular bras. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 72 Old 04-29-2013, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I also like http://www.you-lingerie.com/ for nice nursing bras. They even use prego models smile.gif
#63 of 72 Old 04-30-2013, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

Newbie here!  Please can you add me to the hoping the catch the first pp egg list?  DS is now 9 months old and still nursing day & night - too much for my periods to start up just yet - and although I have absolutely no intention of forcing him to wean (I plan to bf him to term), I am returning to work next week so think the extended separation 3 days a week might have an impact and jump start my cycle.... pretty please God!  Don't want to return to work yet and leave my little man, even part time, but sadly its a financial necessity; the only positive I can take from it is that it might start me ovulating again.

Good luck to all you lovely ladies - I love to hear of others' successes so fingers crosses for everyone x

Married to Mr. Crunchy June 2008 ~ welcomed our beautiful boy August 2012 ~ another beautiful boy arrived September 2014 ~ breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth bumming. I love my boys
#64 of 72 Old 04-30-2013, 12:18 PM

Continuing my literature review I conclude that I absolutely should not be losing any weight if I want my period back and I'm still nursing. I do not know if these results hold for higher bodyfat%, but if you're relatively lean and losing even a little bit a weight, getting AF back is unlikely.

*If anyone is a counter example to this conclusion please let me know!!!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#65 of 72 Old 04-30-2013, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieL View Post

Continuing my literature review I conclude that I absolutely should not be losing any weight if I want my period back and I'm still nursing. I do not know if these results hold for higher bodyfat%, but if you're relatively lean and losing even a little bit a weight, getting AF back is unlikely.

*If anyone is a counter example to this conclusion please let me know!!!

I've been thinking these days that this may have something to do with it.

I'm at 18-20% body fat, average or slightly under weight for my height (but small frame). I'm not losing weight but not gaining either. No signs of AF at all. DD is almost 23 months... 

Would love to know if there's any foods that can help. 

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#66 of 72 Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 PM

I have had a small amount of spotting today. I think I am somewhere like 6 or 7 DPO but I have a hard time remembering that far back because I haven't been bothering to chart. I am not sure what to make of this. Oh, sure, I hope it's implantation spotting, but I don't want to get my hopes up. 

#67 of 72 Old 04-30-2013, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RosieL how lean does your research indicate? I have been trying to lose weight since DDs birth. I'm still 6 pounds over PP weight but I think one could still call me lean. I'm trying to lose weight now, I wonder if I'm hurting the cause?

Girlspn I think I remember reading that good animal fats are good for fertility, like good pastured butter, beef, eggs, liver, etc.

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#68 of 72 Old 05-01-2013, 06:09 AM

Just to throw something new into the mix here...

I'm also 6lbs over my pp weight but I actually lost weight to conceive.  I had an ectopic pregnancy followed by 5 miscarriages before we got our boy because I had an undiagnosed partial septum in my uterus.  I had an operation to fix it 3 months before I got pregnant with DS but had put on about 20lbs throughout all the miscarriages as I comfort ate through them all.  Anyway, my ob/gyn was quite blunt with me after he'd operated and basically said that now my uterus was fixed, the only thing stopping me getting pregnant and carrying full term would be the extra weight I'd gained blush.gif.  I was mortified but I'm forever grateful to him.  I immediately went vegan for three months (it was the only way I could be strict enough with myself not to have 'just a taste' of chocolate, cheese and all my other dairy-based downfalls) and lost 30lbs in that time.  A week later I got pregnant.  So, no animal fats and a rapid weight loss is exactly what got me pregnant in the first place, although I was obviously overweight to start.  I read something Dr. Atkins wrote a few years ago saying that a diet radically different from your usual diet could jump start hormonal processes (he was mainly referring to weight loss though), so if your usual diet is high fat high protein, vegan is the way to go and vice versa.  I'm back eating normally again now but I wouldn't hesitate to go vegan again if we were struggling to get pregnant once my periods had returned.

Married to Mr. Crunchy June 2008 ~ welcomed our beautiful boy August 2012 ~ another beautiful boy arrived September 2014 ~ breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth bumming. I love my boys
#69 of 72 Old 05-01-2013, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Well, I guess all that crazy cramping really was ovulation! It was waaaay intense! af came last night. And the one annoyance about having nice long lactation amenorrhea is I can never find my Diva cup! I actually had it in a safe place but I had some very light spotting last summer right before leaving on a vacation so I packed it just in case, but never needed it. I know I didn't leave it there since it never left the suitcase, but it sure didn't get unpacked back to where it belongs!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#70 of 72 Old 05-02-2013, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

New Thread is Up ----- http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1382714/nursing-mamas-ttc-may

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#71 of 72 Old 05-22-2013, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Momma Michael~

Just want to say that your post was so encouraging to me! Thanks for sharing.

It took so long (2+ years with herbal protocols) to get AF back with my other two LO's. It's nice to think that maybe with DS2 it could be different.:)

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#72 of 72 Old 05-23-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by element2012 View Post

RosieL how lean does your research indicate? I have been trying to lose weight since DDs birth. I'm still 6 pounds over PP weight but I think one could still call me lean. I'm trying to lose weight now, I wonder if I'm hurting the cause?

That's the $64illion dollar question, it seems. I just wrote another email to this professor: http://www.biosci.ohiou.edu/faculty/loucks/research.html

I am not "lean." I'm 26% body fat. But with my lifting routine and lactation, I am probably at the cusp of energy balance (eating same number of calories as I expend) at 2350 calories. But then I read further...it looks like not just energy availability, but specifically carbohydrates, that are necessary. If you're dieting by severely reducing carbs, that could really impact your hormone levels. What I don't understand is how LH pulsatility affects ability to conceive. I have asked Prof Loucks that question. 

http://www.biosci.ohiou.edu/faculty/loucks/research.html

Quote:
This experiment also contributed new knowledge about leptin (Hilton & Loucks, 2000). Others had hypothesized leptin to be the long-sought chemical messenger by which body fat stores regulate reproductive function. We found that disruptions of LH pulsatility by low energy availability were, indeed, associated with 70% declines in leptin levels, but that body weight declined only 3%. Thus, if leptin is involved in the control of LH pulsatility, leptin is more likely driven by changes in daily energy availability than by changes in fat stores. In this experiment, we also saw evidence that LH pulsatility may depend not on the availability of energy in general, but rather on the availability carbohydrates, which is the preferred metabolic fuel of the brain.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List