April Showers of Bajingo Juice - TTC #1 in our 30s April 2013 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 04-29-2013, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I'd love to join. I'm 31 and DH is almost 33 (together 9 years in May) and this will be our first cycle trying to conceive. Every year we say we're going to start and every year we chicken out or something comes up but I'm about 2 or 3 days to ovulation and so far we're still gonna go for it! Lol

I'm charting but otherwise I'm not doing anything else this first cycle and we'll probably only BD once so I'm not really expecting a result, just trying to get my toes wet, per se.

I'm so nervous! I keep thinking of things I wanted to do before we had children and how things might change... But then other times I think of all the cool new experiences we will have. Anyone else nervous before TTC?
#62 of 65 Old 04-30-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJJ View Post

Hi, I'd love to join. I'm 31 and DH is almost 33 (together 9 years in May) and this will be our first cycle trying to conceive. Every year we say we're going to start and every year we chicken out or something comes up but I'm about 2 or 3 days to ovulation and so far we're still gonna go for it! Lol

I'm charting but otherwise I'm not doing anything else this first cycle and we'll probably only BD once so I'm not really expecting a result, just trying to get my toes wet, per se.

I'm so nervous! I keep thinking of things I wanted to do before we had children and how things might change... But then other times I think of all the cool new experiences we will have. Anyone else nervous before TTC?

Terrified. :)  We got married almost a year ago (may 19) and haven't used BC since then. We're in our 8th cycle of TTC actively now. There are still days when I think, "what are we doing? We can't have a baby!!!!" but yeah, we still want one (or three or four). I've wanted a baby since my best friend's little girl was born (she's 6.5 now). There were so many things I wanted to do before kids and I did some but I know some may be experiences we share with our children and maybe some of them weren't that important after all. I did the career before kids thing and now part of me wishes I'd started earlier. But I only met DH 2.5 years ago.

So, welcome! Hope your stay here is short (as in, you get knocked up and move on)!

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#63 of 65 Old 04-30-2013, 08:51 AM

I'm glad I'm not alone library girl! Thanks so much!
#64 of 65 Old 05-01-2013, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

MrsJJ, I know the terrified feeling at TTC and wondering what will pregnancy be like. Especially since so many of my friends had their first babies years ago.  I kind of feel like I am playing catch up.  Since I have just passed over to the other side in April, there are a whole new sets of anxieties and fears.  I think as women we want to grow and protect little ones.  The miracle of pregnancy and birth prepare us to take that first step into parenthood.  I hope your stay in the Bajingo TTC thread is short and you get your BFP soon. Waiting is hard and there is just more of it once your pregnant :)

Librarygirl, I am going to send you the code so you can create the May thread and the instructions for thread keeping.  I thought I sent it last night but obviously I didn't click send like I thought I did. Thanks for carrying on the torch and hopefully a few more ladies will get involved as spring/summer is a great time to start thinking TTC.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#65 of 65 Old 05-01-2013, 06:28 AM

New thread is up! Come visit!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1382643/bajingo-juice-brings-forth-may-flowers-and-bfps-ttc-1-in-our-30s

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page