Need help figuring out my cycle! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-12-2013, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, this is the first period I've had in 5 years due to pregnancy and mirena. I removed the mirena on March 12th, had 3 days of spotting a few days after, and then got my first period this month. I guess I need help figuring out what cycle day one is. I used t have extremely heavy AF that lastwed up to a week and lots of cramping. This cycle is different than any I've ever had before! It was heavy for a few days, but now it's ending (I am lightly spotting today, but don't need to wear a pad). So this is my schedule:

April 6th: CP was low, firm, open and had very minimal spotting around opening

April 7th: CP was low, firm, open and more spotting. Blood on speculum when removed

April 8th: Light spotting throughout day. Pantyliner was sufficient

April 9th: Heavy flow

April 10th: Heavy flow

April 11th: Heavy flow

April 12th (today): Light intermittent spotting. Pantyliner would be sufficient, but I'm just going without and putting my underwear in my pad bucket to wash later.

So would cycle day one be considered April 9th, or before that? I'm wondering if my body is regulating itself to a 28 day cycle. I'm honestly not sure how long my cycles used to be. I figure this month we will just BD every other day after my period ends (which seems to be today). 

I've been drinking green tea, taking folic acid, eating lots of garlic and raw foods to hopefully aide in conception. I decided not to temp this month or use OPK's because I think it was stressing me out. I think the BD often approach will be just as good. 

So, any thoughts on my cycle would be great. I want to be able to keep track of when things are happening! Thank you!

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

#2 of 3 Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 PM

For that cycle, for myself, I would consider the 8th to be cycle day one.

Are you starting to chart your cycles now?

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#3 of 3 Old 04-13-2013, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phathui5 View Post

For that cycle, for myself, I would consider the 8th to be cycle day one.

Are you starting to chart your cycles now?

Yeah, I'm starting to chart them now. 

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page