What does everyone think of Wondfo PG test strips? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-15-2013, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a horrible past with FRER so I bought some Wondfo strips from EarlyPregnancyTests.com.

I used a few the first cycle I got them and they were def neg, despite FRER being positive. I was not pregnant and I was able to get all the money I spent on FRER back from Church and Dwight.

how early can you get a positive with them? any personal experiences to share would be super.

I am 8 DPO today and I took one this morning and I want some opinions on them before I take any more.

#2 of 6 Old 04-15-2013, 12:09 PM

I love them because  they are cheap, thus can support my testing habit. In the grand scheme of things, even when I was absolutely frantic about testing as early as I could, no other test could beat the value.

Here's a good resource: http://www.peeonastick.com/hpts.html

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#3 of 6 Old 04-15-2013, 01:24 PM

I got my first positive with a Wondfos at 9dpo, but it was so faint that DH thought I was nuts. Confirmed the next day with a darker wondfo as well as aFRER. Then since I had so many wondfos on hand I continued to take them day by day to watch the little line get darker. I taped that progression of tests into my pregnancy journal, because I'm kinda nuts. smile.gif

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#4 of 6 Old 04-15-2013, 04:24 PM

I got a positive with a Wondfo at 9 dpo. I had a blood test the next morning and my beta was only 18. That morning my FRER was also positive so it's good to know both picked things up really early. When I had my chemical pregnancy it was positive at 14 dpo and when I got a beta the next morning my hcg was only 10 but it might have been on the way down. That night it was negative again.

I like them. They're cheap. I have gotten evap lines so be careful to only read the results within the time frame. I have had a very clear false positive with FRER so I don't like to take them unless it's just to confirm a positive Wondfo.

Edit: I was 9 dpo not 8 dpo. Had to go back to FF and check ;-)

#5 of 6 Old 04-15-2013, 04:31 PM

This is the morning of 10 dpo....a pretty clear positive for 10 dpo in my opinion, especially considering these tests don't get very dark. This was before the digitals were coming up positive.

#6 of 6 Old 04-16-2013, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I found wondfos on Amazon for super cheap. I haven't gotten preggers yet so I can't speak to their effectiveness, but it sounds like (from this thread & others I've read) they work well. Mine dollared out to about 32 or 33 cents ea, which is a great price to pay if ya wanna pee on a stick a lot, and like kitteh I would want to save the progression of positives cuz I'm sentimental like that (at least w/the first one) winky.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page