A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 248 Old 05-04-2013, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Sorry justjenny - as soon as you mentioned the progesterone I remembered your protocol... (Bit of a la la brain today lol) ... Here's hoping tomorrow is a bfp...

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#62 of 248 Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Chuord you must've sent me some powerful luck!!!

Today at 15dpo I got a very faint BFP!  I'm still in shock....I will call the Dr. tomorrow to request a blood test. Please don't graduate me yet. I need all your great sticky vibes sent my way!

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#63 of 248 Old 05-05-2013, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJenny View Post

Chuord you must've sent me some powerful luck!!!

Today at 15dpo I got a very faint BFP!  I'm still in shock....I will call the Dr. tomorrow to request a blood test. Please don't graduate me yet. I need all your great sticky vibes sent my way!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! JustJenny!!!!!!!!!!! joy.gifcarrot.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gif Sending soooooo much sticky, healthy, baby dust.gif your way darlin'!!! Wooooooohooooooooooo!!!!! energy.gif

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#64 of 248 Old 05-05-2013, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I just had the very same reaction as Mamacat lol.gif

OMG JustJenny!! I'm SOOOOOOOO excited for you!!! joy.gif  

Here's all the good sticky baby ju-ju you can handle love.gif  goodvibes.gif   dust.gif   sticky.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#65 of 248 Old 05-05-2013, 02:51 PM

That's so exciting justjenny!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif I'm so happy for u girl!!!!! smile.gif

Well y'all can count me out for April, af showed this morning greensad.gif oh well...going to be drinking some Vegas bombs crown royal an some Jack this weekend with hubby an friends;) an having a fish fry! Just some more fun to have next time.
#66 of 248 Old 05-05-2013, 03:06 PM

Justjenny - wooohooooo!!!!! That is soo incredibly awesome... So glad you held on for that extra day!!! Sending you heaps of love and sticky baby vibes - man that's the news I love first thing in the morning! Fx crossed it keeps going for you, and please stay with us as long as you like!

Sandra - hugs! But I love your plan to indulge - its truly the best way

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#67 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 08:53 AM

This af seems to b a lot heavier. Its like blood clots when your having a miscarriage. I'm just not getting the pains.
#68 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Sandra-hormone fluctuations/imbalances can cause extra clotting. I used to get that a lot when I was younger. 

Scjp-you've been popping into my head the last few days...are you still here? What's goin on?

I lost my zen. Where oh where did it go?!? I'm kinda grumpy which is unusual for me...It's CD 16, so it's about 5 dpo. This limbo time is driving me nuts...my libido fell into a dark hole so I don't really feel like BDing and it's too early to POAS, and I'm tired as heck, which is fairly normal but it's making me nuts. irked.gif

Thankfully I have a bodywork session in about an hour so hopefully that will straighten me out lol.gif

I hope ya'll are having a happy day grouphug.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#69 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 10:50 AM

Sorry AF is doin' a number on you Sandra. Hopefully things mellow out soon.

prescott: How much maca did you start with? I wanted to get the actual veggie but my farmer's market didn't have it the last few times I checked. Could have sworn they had some before. Anyway, I've been reading some about people taking too much too soon and having side effects. Have you ever noticed anything awry while taking maca? I just picked some up yesterday and thus far have taken about 250 mg last night, and about 250 mg this morning (two capsules = 1,000 mg). I've read to take it during your FP and either cut down or stop during your LP. As long as I don't notice any ill effects I will increase my dosage every three days or so until I reach the two capsule/day serving. Thoughts?

How are things going with you dear chuord?

Still just beaming for you JustJenny!

Matt's Mom, oasis, and anyone else I'm blanking on nut.gif , hiya! hola.gif Hope things are well with you!

So me, I'm concentrating on trying to fix my hormonal issues. Until that's taken care of I don't think I'm going to get anything to implant properly in there greensad.gif . I've got a few things I'm throwing into the mix this cycle. When I get a comprehensive list ready I'll post and see what you ladies think.

Watched Avatar last night. Interesting movie! Quite a bit going on there. Can't wait to see the latest Start Trek and Iron Man 3. Plus I need to finish Lost (been waiting on DH but just can't do it anymore lol.gif ) before I get too deep into Fringe, which is all kinds of awesome! Why yes I am watching a lot of tv/movies since I haven't gotten to do much of that in the last seven years lol.gif . Plus, it takes the TTC edge off and who among us doesn't need that? winky.gif Hope life is showing you ladies amazing things today! blowkiss.gif

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#70 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 10:51 AM

x-posted with you prescott lol.

#71 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 11:06 AM

Mamacatsbaby--so sorry it didn't work out this month. I hope you're feeling better a couple days in, and that this cycle is the one!

Chuord--I know that frustration. Ugh.

JustJenny--CONGRATS!

Sorry, I'm really bad at keeping up with personals.

AFM, just waiting for testing time. I don't feel pregnant, but of course that means nothing. Part of me would be a little relieved if I'm not, because we're going to our college reunion in a couple of weeks and it would be nice to be able to party it up just a *little*--DD is staying with her grandmother, and we will be in one of the dorms--our first night EVER away from her. My daughter is still nursing and I"m a little worried it may be affecting my luteal phase, which was already short, but I guess I'll see. I have a rough idea of when I ovulated. I'll test this Friday if AF doesn't arrive.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#72 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mamacat-I started w/2 caps of maca right from the get go and never had an ill effects. Though I think headache can be one of the downfalls w/too much. Also if you take it too late in the day, say after 3p some people have trouble falling asleep cuz they have so much energy. I've never read anything about taking it during certain phases of the cycle. I take it all the time since it's supposedly so good for overall fertility and health. Also I failed to mention in previous posts that it is super fantastic for men to take too!! DP thought his days of "feeling like a virile man" were over winky.gif but since he's been taking maca...well let's just say it's been really good for him Sheepish.gif (he's 39). I think he started w/4 a day and did that for a couple months and now is taking 2/day.

I Iooooooved Avatar!! and I too am looking forward to Iron Man 3!

#73 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 11:44 AM

Hi All!

Congratulations JustJenny!!!! Amazing news smile.gif Sending lots of sticky vibes.... And so sorry to all those who got AF. Enjoy the beer and sushi ladies -- I know I enjoyed both in copious amounts this weekend but then I'm not exactly great at self control smile.gif

mamacats I also can't wait for Star Trek. I'm not into sci-fi at all but was totally inexplicably obsessed with the first Star Trek movie. Maybe it has something to do with Chris Pine? Amazingly I've never seen a single Iron Man movie haha. DH and I are knee deep in season three of Game of Thrones right now. That is one crazy show.

I've been MIA bc it was such a busy weekend (all four days of it!) and amazingly I hardly spent any time on the Internet. The weather here right now is perfect so I spent most of the time laying out poolside. It felt amazing to soak up all that vitamin D. Between the parties and traveling though I basically stopped temping so have no idea if I O'd or not. I had another positive OPK so I'm really hoping I did but tomorrow's temp will tell for sure.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Me(29) + DH(29) married 8.2010 | MC 4.2013 | Expecting #1 2.2014

#74 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 01:49 PM

Blanca: Keep us posted! A chance to party it up sounds pretty dang good if you in fact don't get that BFP. GL and baby dust.gif yet and still though!

notes.gif Thanks for all the tips on maca prescott thumb.gif . How many mg's were you taking per two capsules? Mine have 1,000/two capsules. I've been thinking and I will probably be fine if I go ahead and up it to one cap then two over the next couple of days. I'm fairly certain that estrogen is out of her damn mind with me shake.gif and I need to get her to calm the hell down nut.gif . Yeah, I've read that it's fantastic for men. I will not be giving it to my DH though 'cause I can't keep up with him as it is ROTFLMAO.gif .

oasis: I'm a total sci-fi/fantasy nerd lol.gif . Now, I'm not one of those folks that will shout you down in a Next Generation vs Classic Star Trek argument or anything lol, but we do geek it up 'round here blueman.gif . Ooooh, I'm so jealous that you're getting all that poolside sun! Soak some up for me girly! It's been gray, rainy, and cloudy for something like a week and a half here *sob*. Not cool irked.gif .

#75 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 02:41 PM

hug2.gifchuord. Sometimes guys are just so thick eyesroll.gif . I'm sorry things got all funky for you and DH around your best times. I think men just really don't process all of this the way we do and their priorities can get all muddled up. Or they just freak out. I hope everything goes a lot more nicely next go 'round.

#76 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 03:23 PM

Thanks Blanca and mamacats.... Emotionally we are as tight as ever... I've just been wondering how to ramp up the sex life... Then all this talk re maca 😜 I think I might be evil and try it on dh... I got him 'performance' multi's that he said did nothing to his energy levels... Of I have to share, I was being paranoid and insecure and asked him if he ever got bored and wanted to leave would he please tell me (pathetic I know) he looked me right in the eye and said 'yes' then after a pause 'but I never will tell you that' such a romantic at heart lol
So Prescott thanks for the macca advice - ladies is there any particular type I should order?
Re the movies, I liked avatar - but not desperate to see it again... How to train your dragon I watched twice back to back - loved it! We watched iron man 3 last night, but no spoilers from me till you've all seen it... Mamacats oasis we are totally hanging out for the new Star Trek movie, watched a 9 min preview/chat with jj Abrams yesterday too... For all you scifi lovers have you tried dr who? The new ones are awesome.
Oh yeah baby stuff lol Hang in there everyone in the tww - good bd to those starting a new cycle... Baby dust to us all!

#77 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 04:09 PM

RE- Maca- Loved it and will resume taking it at some point. I started off slowly because I know my system is super sensitive. I took one pill and then when I felt I had adjusted to that dose I moved up. Eventually I took 3 pills a day. I had some stomach burning/ discomfort at first even though I took the gelatinized form.  I personally didn't have a increase in "desire" but it sent my energy through the roof! I took all my pills at once in the AM otherwise- as prescott pointed out I couldn't sleep. I also took them all month long without a break. I went 3 months on and 1 month off.  

Got my beta blood test today and it was 125! For 4 weeks that's very good.  I have a ultrasound next tuesday to see how many sacs are in there joy.gif  Thank you all for your well wishes and support. It has been a very long 2 years ttc and you all have been the best! I still can't believe it! I don't feel anything other than the sore boobs and tiredness that have become the norm with the progesterone over the last 6 months. The only symptom I can pinpoint is a salt craving- its been very unusual for me wanting potato chips at 10 am. I'm such the sugar freak! Anyhow I'll keep you updated....

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#78 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 04:17 PM

Great news on the beta justjenny! So happy for you that this is working out - fx for the ultrasound... We will need a pic of course 😜

#79 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mamacat & Chuord-my maca is 750 mg or 1000mg/2 caps depending on which brand is a good price when I need to re-stock winky.gif  Lifetime & Gaia seem to be good brands, solaray not so much. I typically pay $10-$14/bottle here. I go back & forth between the vitamin store and the health food store for it. 

JustJenny-so glad to hear your beta levels are good thumb.gif Yippppppeeeeee!!! joy.gif  And Happy Cinco de Mayo to you! winky.gif

#80 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 06:15 PM

chuord that is so sweet what your DH said happytears.gif . It feels so good to have that kind of closeness with someone love.gif . Ok, now I'm jogging the old memory lol.gif . Your DH works a lot, just finished his residency not to long ago and is working on building his practice right? Energy levels sounds about right where he needs to focus then like you were saying. Hope the maca does the trick! I am definitely hoping it works some magics on me that's for sure lol. I absolutely need more energy, whew! The brand I have is Fruitrients, going to see how I like it. Yeah, I used to love the old Dr. Who as a kid, haven't checked out the new stuff yet. I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix so I'll look for it orngbiggrin.gif .

Thanks for your input on the maca JustJenny. My body is super crazy sensitive as well (which is why I'm in hormonal hell right now shake.gif ). Hoping I tolerate one well and can quickly move to two as I'm ready to get back on track! Reading about it sure has me excited. Mmmm, salty, salty potato chips, with extra salt yummy.gif . I've certainly had that pregnancy craving, bad lol. We'll definitely be looking for your updates biggrinbounce.gif .

Thanks for the recs prescott. I'm super excited to start on the maca road. There's a few different brands at the HFS I shop at so thinking I'm going to try and make the rounds, ha, and see which ones I like. I saw the Gaia powder the other day I do believe.

Man, I'm soooo exhausted! Maybe I should go ahead and pop one of these maca pills 'cause I do NOT want to go to sleep right now. Kids aren't even asleep yet. I refuse to pass out before my kids lol.gif .

#81 of 248 Old 05-06-2013, 11:05 PM

chuord so glad your DH gave you a shot in the arm :) It's definitely a challenge balancing ttc with your relationship and sex life. At least it has been for me. While it's freeing and in a way romantic to do it whenever without regard to BC after worrying about that aspect of it for so many years, I also hate the fact that it now lacks spontaneity and becomes a chore. And since I ovulate irregularly there's always a lot of pressure on DH in particular to perform on command and for extended periods since I'll think O has happened only to find out it hasn't and we can't stop BDing. Defo exhausting and I really can't wait to just have sex because we want to and we love each other. It was actually nice right after the MC to do it without thinking about ttc for the first time in a long time. 

JustJenny that beta is great!! Crossing my fingers you have an excellent doubling time and it's smooth sailing for you :)

mamacats best of luck with the maca -- here's hoping it's the magic ingredient that does the trick for you.

AFM my chart is looking like a hot mess this month bc I've been bad about temping and have also been waking up a lot in the night to deal with the puppy. Oh and just generally over-indulging in everything, not getting enough sleep haha. I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about it but I think at least I O'd. Yay! So I'm anywhere from DPO 1 to 4. I've settled on 2 for mental sanity purposes :)

My Ovulation Chart

#82 of 248 Old 05-07-2013, 01:00 AM

JustJenny - Congratulations! joy.gifjoy.gifgoodvibes.gifsticky.gifjoy.gif

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

#83 of 248 Old 05-07-2013, 01:44 AM

Oasis - I checked out your chart... Man you really do have to keep at it for ages... Hugs on the long wait and yay for what looks like o!

#84 of 248 Old 05-07-2013, 06:33 AM

Haha thanks chuord. Normally I O somewhere between CD 16 and 25 -- so this is unusually long bc of the miscarriage but yeah the suspense gets a little old.

#85 of 248 Old 05-07-2013, 11:35 AM

My af is really weird this month. Usually I start off spotting but it was full force with huge blood clots (stringy) now its just spotting. Usually hubby an I don't have sex during mother nature but we did an he didn't have blood on him nor did I like we have before, an I wasn't due till the 7th an she came on the 5th. Usually last 5 to 6 days but I'm just spotting yesterday an today. I don't.know what to think lol
#86 of 248 Old 05-07-2013, 04:23 PM

Really it could be anything at all sandra. Better to move it along! lol

#87 of 248 Old 05-07-2013, 05:29 PM

Here's a x-post from another thread I post in. What do you guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby 
Ok ladies, here's what I'm throwing into my hormone balancing cocktail:

- a daily pinch of cinnamon mixed with a little honey, either rubbed directly onto gums or mixed in a little lemony water (cinnamon improves circulation to pelvis)

- lemony water and lots of it (detoxifying)

- maca; starting out with 500 mg/day and will increase to 1,000mg (hormone balancer, energizer, mental clarifier)

- T of ground flax daily in a smoothie or "milkshake" (high fiber and lignans in flax seem to remove excess estrogen)

I've also got a list of things to try if AF gets me again and I'm still bleeding excessively which I will share another time when I've got a bit more to spare lol. So what do you guys think? Anything I should think about adding? I'm thinking of keeping it relatively simple to start out so I can better tell how things may be affecting me. Hope all is well for you guys!

#88 of 248 Old 05-07-2013, 08:11 PM

It looks good to me mamacats! I've been having lemon juice in warm water too recently... I'll ask my guru when I see her, in case... But it won't be for a week or two

#89 of 248 Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 PM

mamacats I do cinnamon and lemon water daily, too. Can't exactly say it's resulted in any conception miracles for me but it definitely doesn't hurt and is also yum. One thing I would recommend adding if you're not already doing it is a high-quality prenatal. I do Vitamin Code Garden of Life but New Chapter Perfect Prenatal is also good. This is one thing I've done the research on and it really is worth the extra expense. Bonne chance smile.gif

I've also tried Royal Jelly in the past but really didn't keep up with it long enough to notice a change (you're supposed to take it for 3 months) bc I was anxious that it was delaying O for me even more.

#90 of 248 Old 05-08-2013, 06:17 AM

Thanks for your input ladies! I drink tons of water and use fresh lemon and lemon juice to make all kinds of salad dressings and such. I don't usually put lemon in my water (though I have on occasion smile.gif ) unless I'm making lemonade yummy.gif but that's mostly b/c I just really like plain water lol.gif. I have done oj/lemon/water detox before and that's awesome stuff, highly recommend that if you've got a day to stay at home. I also use Bragg's organic raw ACV in salad dressings and for other dishes but thinking I might add a shot of that a day.

oasis: I already take RL prenatals, a methyl folate supp, liquid iron w/ trace minerals, and a liquid cal/mag/d3 supp. I was looking at a blow-by-blow of RL, GOL, and NC prenatals and in the end RL came out nicely. I'll see if I can find where I was reading that at. Why do you like the other two over RL? And what was the controversy about GOL and/or NC? I can't remember but there was some thing that happened that had folks kinda backing off of one or both of those. Bought out by a company folks don't agree with? Dang, wish I could remember. I never looked further into it 'cause I've always just gone with RL to try and cover my bases. I'm sure they're owned by some nefarious entity too lol.gif .

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page