A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-18-2013, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Chuord-neither DP or I have insurance so going to a regular doc is out of the question, but my friend/bodyworker/healer keeps assuring me I'm fine; though perhaps DP's swimmers need some extra tlc, not sure...

ETA: and to top it all off DP's sister, who's the same age as me w/a 3 yr old, has announced to the family that she & her DH are starting to try for #2 and I have to admit to someone that I was seriously relieved when she said that she started her period-so try #1 was a no go for them, not that I wouldn't love to see her have another...in fact I'd love to be pg together, but she better not get pg before me-just sayin... redface.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2013, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 357 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Lol Prescottchels - I so agree... There should be a queue for babies... Even better you have to be on it to get one lol - stopping IF and unwanted in one hit! Fx you get there first!
Btw I understand... One great thing here is public health, although we have insurance - it's good to know people can get helped

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:42 PM

Double post 😡

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
Old 05-18-2013, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post
Justjenny -  How are you going? What week are you up to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottchels View Post

I'm out irked.gif AF arrived yesterday. Onward & upward, right? Cycle #7 here we come. sigh... I don't know how you did this for 2 yrs JustJenny... bow.gif  I'm just about ready to start looking into adoption, again, just so I feel like I have more control or something to do toward becoming a mama. Not that we'd stop trying per se...just be less focused on it...? I dunno... I keep hearing more and more stories about gals becoming pregnant easily at ages much more advanced than my 36, which is supposed to make me feel hopeful I guess, but it doesn't really. It just makes me feel sad that I'm still trying and that I have to "try" at all. And DP is gonna be on a river trip during prime BD days this cycle greensad.gif

I'm doing pretty good so far. I'm 5 weeks 3 days by the Dr's dates but he based that on a 28 day cycle. So I'm actually 6 weeks today by my dates smile.gif Nausea has started to pick up in the last few days as well as dizziness. Driving in a car is pretty difficult at the moment. Cars passing by me are making me dizzy.gif. No puking yet tho!!  At this point I'm welcoming all the symptoms although I have a feeling I will change my mind on that soon! lol.gif

Prescott- the truth is I don't know how I did it. Or how I'll do it again in the future with 2nd babe. The last year was especially difficult and I feel like I am now returning to my former self. Of course the excitement automatically lends itself to positivity, but I truly feel lighter. Ttc conceive was a deep emotional burden. No sugar coating that. However, You are way ahead of the game with emotional stuff so I'm not worried about ya! Just a thought- Paying with cash can get you lower rates with RE's and OB's. A lot of them will work with you for self pay- they did for me.  If you can swing it get the HSG done. That way you know you have no blockages and can focus on other aspects like ovulation/hormonal issues. Its not cheap but they can set up payments and reduced rates. The Sperm analysis was only $60 at my clinic- maybe your dp would be willing to do that?

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
Old 05-19-2013, 05:00 AM

prescott I second the recommendation about getting DP a SA if he's willing. The absolute most that should be is about 100 bucks. If it is in fact an issue, there are some relatively easy and cheap fixes, too. A lot of the up-to-date advice I read on TTC recommends getting the guy checked out before the girl, in some cases even before you start trying, bc the issues are easier to diagnose and many times cheaper and less complicated to fix. My DH's SA was pretty good but the RE put him on 800 mg of vitamin E daily to give him a boost. Bonus: It's made his hair thicker too :)  If nothing else visiting a doc and taking action helped me to feel like some small part of this process was in my control. I just couldn't stand not knowing if there was a problem or not (in my case I had irregular cycles so I had more reason to suspect that there was). In any case, a consultation has got to be cheaper than adoption fees :) Have you read The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant? I recommend it! Some of the stuff is redundant if you've already been at it for awhile (like all the advice about pinpointing ovulation) but it's a comforting and funny read. 

scjp so sorry about AF and the false hopes. I've gotten evaps before (on wondfos) so I know how annoying that can be. Your story is one more cautionary tale about never using blue dye tests. I just had some in my amazon shopping cart -- I never tried them but thought hey, what the heck. After reading your story I deleted them and replaced it with my standby cheap pink dyes. 

chuord what's kinergetics??? Has it helped you with ttc at all or is it more for general health and well-being? 

JustJenny  -- six weeks so exciting :) I remember thinking when I got my BFP how fast it all went -- mostly because the first month you're pregnant you don't even know it! 

hello to mamacats, oxford and everyone else!

AFM AF showed up today. I started spotting last night so I knew it was coming and I was super happy to just get on with it. Although I temp so I knew I O'd it was still comforting to have her show up since this was my first cycle after the MC -- like affirmation that everything is still working the way it should. For now I'm feeling positive about this cycle. It will be my second on clomid and the first resulted in a BFP, so I'm hoping the same happens again, this time with a sticky bean. 

Me(29) + DH(29) married 8.2010 | MC 4.2013 | Expecting #1 2.2014

Old 05-19-2013, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That's good. I am never using ten ever again. I'm going digital or pink lol. I have had this bad sharp burning pain in my right lower side like near my ovaries I think. It started as soon as I started bleeding yesterday morning. And it hurts to walk and move a certain way and hurts period it has not gone away. What could this be?? I'm worried. Could it be a ruptured cyst or would I def know? I was in years last night and this mornin when I got up. I had to miss work today cuz I can't bend down without it hurting way to bad. I have never had this before
Old 05-19-2013, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

chuord - What kind of design do you do? I was imagining architecture or engineering and then realized that there are all types of design!duh.gif

scjp1109 - I would just monitor the pain and if it gets to the point of vomiting or passing out then go to the ER. I had an ectopic that was a lot of sharp pain on my right side. If your shoulder starts to hurt too that could be a sign of internal bleeding. hug2.gif

prescottchels - I saw that you mentioned possibly looking into adoption and I was wondering if you had tried foster parenting. I have a friend who did that and she really enjoyed it. Also, yeah, Texas is humid. It's worse than it is in GA! There is huge difference between the dry heat of the high desert and the sticky humid heat. Will you be able to get medical insurance once the Obamacare goes into effect this October? My brother and sister-in-law are self employed and they are waiting to TTC for after that kicks in and they can get maternity cover.

JustJenny - Congrats again on your BFP! I second your medical advice to prescottchelsthumb.gif.

oasis84 - I am glad that your body is back on track after your miscarriage. I really welcomed AF both after my losses and after quitting hormonal BC.

mamacatsbaby - wave.gif

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Old 05-19-2013, 09:39 AM

It hasn't started hurting yet I just been getting some sharp pains that run In to my v everyone in a while but mostly just a sore sharp burning pain in side near my pelvis. It's just weird it started as soon as I started bleeding and no cramps I have had some weird feelings tho it sounds really weird but this is what they remind me of is Braxton hicks lol. It don't tighten up but I get that sensation. I know sounds weird lol smile.gif only thing I can think of that they are similar lol
Old 05-19-2013, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
scjp: Hmm, I have no idea really what that could be. I know when I get AF all my junk goes nut.gif and the pain can get pretty bad. pattimomma has some sound advice there. I hope it's nothing and it goes away soon! hug.gif

chuord: And your mom has every right to spoil you rotten lol.gif , you're her baby love.gif .

prescott: Aw man, big hug2.gifhug.gifhug2.gif . I'm sorry AF blew in irked.gif . Ugh, I really hate the illusion that getting pg is easy-peasy, just get your sexay on! Riiiiiiiight eyesroll.gif . I wonder about fertility data now compared to various times in the past. It is indeed so difficult not to focus on it when the itch/tick is deafening. Man, that's just no good that DP will be away during the best times this cycle, blah. Will you at least be in it with a chance if you guys get some time in right before he leaves you think? And yeah man, I'm aaaaallllll about AZ lol.gif but DH is concerned about not having much shade and stuff (he burns faster than any human being should be allowed to hat.gif ) and not having anything in the surrounding areas but desert. I say we don't know much of anything about the area just yet and can't go making any rash decisions lol. I am not down with more humidity, at all, so I'll mention that about TX to him. I just love the way Prescott looks like it feels in pictures lol. Oh, and I think when it doesn't happen right away we all get to feeling like that when it seems like it's happening super easily for others. I mean, I know I don't know what it took for other women to get the children they have but still, doesn't stop the emotions from coming.

JustJenny: Shoot, I can't wait 'til you get to pukin' lol.gif . You're going to love it and curse it's very existence all at the same time lol. So fun that battle will be orngbiggrin.gif . And I'm with prescott, it blows my mind how you've been able to keep going and to end up with such a sweet climax! When you announced your BFP I quite literally squealed with happy ROTFLMAO.gif . I was feeling so utterly just, some kind of way, that day and knowing only a fraction of the emotional and physical maelstrom you've worked through the last two years, seeing you get your BFP just made my day. If I can convince DH that we really do need a fourth after this lol.gif we would definitely stop preventing waaaay sooner.

oasis: I'm glad AF showing is a positive for you. It's definitely disconcerting to feel like our bodies are out of wack (says the chick with the crazy hormones dizzy.gif ). fingersx.gif for you this cycle!

pattimomma: Worse than GA? Worse than GA?! What exactly do you mean by worse than??? lol.gif Gah! Yeeeeeah, that's just not going to work for me. I can't handle these freaking bugs anymore man!

So DH and the kids are hanging with GM for the day (his mom) and I'm getting in some well deserved sit and do nothin' time, yeah baby, not one...freaking...thing, at least for a few hours then I gotta make dinner before they come back. Boooooo!!!! Oh, I found this the other day:

http://everything2.com/title/Why+don%2527t+people+wear+pajamas+all+the+time%253F

and thought it was pretty damn funny lol.gif . It makes sense don't it! Aaaaand, since music and I have been lifelong soulmates heartbeat.gif I feel my Twilight time has not been all for naught. I discovered these two songs while watching the series thus far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PesPwXfP5T8&feature=share&list=PL796E8BF93BBF9480

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7nz6-UVrmU&feature=share&list=PL796E8BF93BBF9480

That UNKLE song is stuck dead center in my skull and I can't...get...it...out! Not that I want to b/c I lurves it faint.gif . Years ago this girl I knew tried to turn me on to UNKLE and I didn't care much for it but now I'll give them another go since this is one of those songs that just gets that spot in you, ya know?

And here's some more videos just for good measure since we hardly ever start a day w/o having some good music playing orngbiggrin.gif :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5paJp4BUDA&feature=share&list=PL796E8BF93BBF9480

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEj9QZakbxU&feature=share&list=PL796E8BF93BBF9480

Music is like a drug man, I neeeeeeeeeeeed it! lol.gif

Anyway, I'm off to do more nothing lol.gif . Hope you guys are enjoying your days! blowkiss.gif

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Old 05-19-2013, 11:13 AM

Holy crap! There's a mad thunderstorm that's been going on all morning here and a crack of thunder and lightening just hit that made car alarms go off and the building shake! Nice!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

Old 05-19-2013, 11:27 AM

What worries me is with that test I had then I started bleeding if maybe a miscarry or something. Just so worried never had pain like this never. It's bad
Old 05-19-2013, 11:30 AM

scjp - I don't want to be alarmist but I'm a little concerned too. Its most likely you have a cyst and its nothing, but I think it wouldn't hurt to call your OB to rule out miscarriage. What if it was a ectopic and you need care? 

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
Old 05-19-2013, 11:47 AM

I have been reading bout ectopic and it has me concerned. Cuz it's so bad pain and I feel like my uterus is contracting its so weird
Old 05-19-2013, 11:51 AM

Also my boobs are so sore they started hurting awful yesterday also and they never hurt during my period
Old 05-19-2013, 11:58 AM

If you're feeling freaked out scjp you need to trust that, whether things end up fine or not. I've never had an ectopic but from what I know about them they're nothing to mess around with. You may want to think about going in to the ER if the pain is as bad as it sounds.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:14 PM

I prob will. I'm gonna see if a hit bath will help.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:09 PM

mamacatsbaby - Thanks for the music! Now I want everyone to post songs so I can add more variety to what I've been listening to lately pinktongue.gif and yes the humidity in TX sucks! The mosquitoes there are as big as Texas!

scjp1109 - When I had my ectopic, I didn't even know I was pregnant. My AF wasn't due for another six days but I started having pain on my right side and brown bleeding, no cramping. The pain was so bad that I started vomiting and passing out (this was way worse than any natural childbirth pain I had experienced). I went to the ER and they did a pregnancy test and an ultrasound. I needed emergency surgery. By the time the surgeon got there the pain in my girl parts was gone and I just had a pain in my right shoulder. My fallopian tube had ruptured, which relived that pressure and the shoulder pain indicated internal bleeding. I bled a pint internally. 2/3 of my right tube was removed. If the pain continues, I would suggest getting checked out. Better safe than sorry!

PS I hope the bath helps. It didn't help me. I passed out and vomited in the shower when I was trying to get relief from the pain that way.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Old 05-19-2013, 01:20 PM

Well it hasn't helped but u talked to my mom and she has been a nurse for 20 yrs she said that it could be something with my Fallopian tube releasing the egg and might even released two and that my uterus is contracting trying to release the blood idk but I feel like Im having Braxton hicks over and over again like when I was pregnant but I'm just gonna see if the aleve will help cuz pain is bearable just really sore and sharp
Old 05-19-2013, 03:31 PM

Scjp - it's your choice, and I can see that you're not listening to the wisdom of the ladies on here... But pattimomma is trying to tell you that if it is an ectopic it could be life threatening... If its as bad as you say, I think you would be better off getting it checked out - the same advice everyone else has given you.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Prescottshels- it sounds like the TTC roller coaster is giving you a rough ride at the moment. I think being out of our control is the worst part. Normally if I want something I work hard to get it, it's normally within my gift to really go after something. Then you hit the baby train and there is nothing to focus on, apart from baby dancing!!! Have you had any tests? It might give you some piece of mind.

Mama cats- thanks for your kind words. You made me smile! Did you enjoy the cooking? I hope the rain has dried up :-)

Chuord- your mum sounds amazing. I was really touched to hear about her giving lunch to a chil with stale food. Wouldn't we all want such a teacher to be caring for our children. Bless her.
Durham is lovely, I am originally from Yorkshire, so I love the north of England. In answer to your question, I am a talent manager. I identify, develop and promote talented people in a global company. It's a bug chess board if moving people around. I love my job but there are not many jobs in my field, so it gives me pause before I refuse to commute and need to find another job! The part time option would be awesome. I spoke to my boss about it on Friday and she is considering it. I will keep you posted!
Chuord- what is kinergetics? That sounds interesting.

Justjenny- thanks for your advice about the wondfos. I have started using them, but it has been negative everydy, which is weird as I am expecting O any day now.

Lovely to have you ladies to chat with. TTC is so difficult, it's great to share your journey and hear all the news :-)
Old 05-19-2013, 03:56 PM

Justjenny- wow 6 weeks already! I agree it seems like time is going so fast! I didn't realize it had been 2 years for you - that makes it even more exciting like mamacats says! Fx for it being an easy journey from here on xx
Oasis - kinergetics is a form of kinesiology... So it's muscle testing based... On my profile page there's a web link to 'bayside kinesiology' which explains it better. I was doing it for general health, but in the process of working through my issues we've done a fair bit of work on reproduction. Dh had a block that we cleared, I had to clear the trauma of a termination (sorry to mention it ladies), also my ovary hormone levels were out and got balanced... Heaps of other things helped too - there were various minerals I wasn't absorbing, which now I am... Lol imagine me as a 38 yr old car that's only had oil changes all that time, I went in and had several detailed overhauls... I'm one of those people that absorbs emotions, everyone's, and tries to help where possible... Man that was a lot of used baggage. As a 4 year old my mum lost her mum to cancer, she was distraught - I learnt from that and subconsciously put a perpetual cycle of pain in me so I would never forget the feeling, the idea was then it couldn't surprise me lol... I cleared that two years ago. Normally you wouldn't have as much muck as that lol... But I just wanted to give an idea of the variety of stuff that comes up - hope it helps, and I'd recommend anyone to have a session, at the least for a mineral balance 😄
Pattimomma - you were right I do/did interior design (the interior architecture version)... It is fun I love designing fit outs walls, kitchens, lighting, power, etc. and of course we do the cushion scattering stuff too.
Mamacats - thanks! ☺ Also I can't wait to listen to the tunes, but maybe after I'm out of bed and dh is awake 😳... I'm so enjoying this conversation about locations for you to move to... (Insert popcorn) hmm I wonder what will be the end result 😄😜😝
Prescottchels - hope you don't think we're pushing you... Just offering ideas as you seem to be so low about it this month... I'm with you it's not so much fun when it's not a magic first ttc success... I think this time around we started at the same time? (November?) although in my head I tell myself the first 2 months were casual... You'll know what's right for you...
Oxford - how are you going? Fun weekend? Lol don't stop bd to answer but 😝😝😝😝

Afm - day 34 (typical 32 day cycle) still no AF or bfp... However it's the first cycle I've had without almost daily asprin for my migraines... So I'm assuming AF is on her way just delayed by everything re calibrating lol... With a tiny dash of hope... Temp was still up this morning too.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:25 PM

Chuord- thank you for your candid honesty in mentioning the termination. I had one too, quite a few years ago. It was a bad situation with the wrong man and I felt I had no choice. I still regret it though and it certainly lives with me, it's painful. I don't talk about it though, so thank you for sharing. It's a big deal now TTC is taking so long. I really want to do it all right this time.

I have all my fingers crossed for you - actually being late!! Are you going to test? I am cheering you on from this side of the world. :-)
Old 05-19-2013, 04:59 PM

Thanks Oxford I appreciate it, and totally understand... I did test this morning bfn... So no huge expectations - and scary I'm still quite zen 😄

Old 05-19-2013, 05:22 PM

pattimomma: I'm always happy to share my music obsessions lol.gif .

oxford: Meh, cooking was ok lol. I do so much of it that I'm over it haha (and I used to love cooking!) The kids really enjoyed the dinner though (did a sauteed carrots, broccoli, onions, and raisins, mixed with some jasmine rice with toasted pumpkin seeds added). Spiced things up with some cinnamon, coriander, cardamom, nutmeg, and cloves. Pretty yummy!

chuord: Keep that zen rollin' right along! dust.gif Got all my crossables crossed for you! and yeah, hopefully we can come to a decision that makes us all happy but I don't see how that can occur lol.gif .

And big hugs to you oxford and chuord. My gf's that have made the decision to terminate all tell me the same thing: that it was extremely heartbreaking for them but they felt like it was the best decision they could make at the time. Even after years and other children all of their emotions surrounding it are still just below the surface. Such difficult stuff this life has to challenge us.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:00 PM

Hugs mamacats!!! Huge huge hugs xxx

Old 05-19-2013, 11:50 PM

Ok, I a back with the stupid questions!
My new OPKs... Does the test line literally have to be the same darkness as the control line? Today I have z test line but its fainter than the control! My O is late this month grrr. Impatient!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:24 AM

It has to be as dark or darker, anything less is either a lead up or for me I get a faint one the day after (sometimes) the thing is you have to test at the right time of day to get the full on positive... So I tend to use best guess am- if it starts getting lighter again you've already O'd even without a positive... Although someone (memory fails me) kept getting almost there and then it would stop and start again a week later..

Old 05-20-2013, 03:16 AM

Thanks chuord, that's really helpful, I will compare tomorrow. Is fmu the strongest? I know someone said they tested twice a day, so I might try again tonight. Thank you :-)
Old 05-20-2013, 05:37 AM

Gnu for hcg I think... Around early lunch time for LH... Apparently it releases after you're up.. Good luck

Old 05-20-2013, 08:53 AM

chuord - Sorry about the BFN but I am glad that you are taking it in stride! om.gif

oxford - chuord is right on about the OPKs. I take mine in the afternoon. I hate the line comparison so I use digital OPK.

chuord and oxford - I have had a termination too. Once because I was with the wrong man - we had a six month old together and he wasn't really helping take care of the baby when I turned up pregnant again. And a second termination for birth defects. I was misdiagnosed with a miscarriage and given drugs that are known to cause severe and profound birth defects. When it turned out that I was not miscarrying but the baby had been exposed at the worst possible time, DH and I made the painful decision to terminate. grouphug.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List