Mothering Forum banner

A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon

7K views 247 replies 13 participants last post by  prescottchels 
#1 ·
AKA the sprouting grass moon and THE EGG MOON
love.gif
that sounds like just the kind of good ju-ju we all need
thumb.gif

Happy Full moon ladies! I may be a day late, but I'd like to think I'm not a dollar short
winky.gif

Hello all and welcome!

The original "Sane 2ww" thread was started by zenquaker. This is a continuation of the "Sane 2ww" thread and we felt "A Saner TTC" was a natural evolution. We will start a new thread each new moon and name it for the upcoming full moon.

Here's the gist of the original thread: this is a space to re-conceive the 2ww as a time of waiting and contemplation. Although we don't judge those who wish to poas frequently, symptom-spot, or do chart analysis, this a space set apart from that activity. We share our thoughts about other ways to approach the 2ww and all parts of our cycles. We encourage each other to feel our feelings fully and to greet all possible outcomes with openness.

We hope you'll join us.

Hi everybody!!
wave.gif
Feels so good to have a clear enough head to start our new thread & jump back in here.

FaithRising-Congrats on the house. That is SO awesome!!
joy.gif
and I'm not sure what to make of your ummmm interesting symptoms...it might just be one of those wait and see kinds of things...
headscratch.gif

Mamacat-OMG those brownies look AmAzInG!!! I will make it my duty to figure out how to make them GF. I already have a super awesome fudgey brownie recipe that I make to sell, and I have an amazing GF choc chip recipe so steps 1 & 2 of my evil plan are complete...

Sooooo...the twists & turns in this path never cease to amaze me...last you all heard I thought it was over w/DP and I was super not excited to be contemplating donors again. Wednesday night after a full day of work I was home and really missing DP. I had been thinking about him all day & really just wanting to connect with him, so I texted him which made me melt down all over again. So I was sitting here crying my eyes out IMing w/my best friend and experiencing this huge internal tug of war over what to do when she asked me, "what does your heart want?" To which I replied, "I really just want to go over there and snuggle and connect w/him". (but he hadn't texted me back and there was no way I was going to drive 30 minutes & show up unannounced-not good things have happened in the past when I've done that w/other lovers...) So I sat here willing him to reply
Sheepish.gif
which he finally did and of course wanted me to come over-cuz he's wonderful like that. So long story short we had a really great time reconnecting and just kind of reveling in our deep heart connection and even though we don't really know how the issue at hand is going to work out. I think we're back on track, cuz we're both seeing that our hearts can't really go without one another's now that we've finally found each other & been through a couple days of thinking that connection was gone. Whew! So sorry to drag you all along on my crazy roller coaster ride this week. Hopefully that will be the last ride for that one...

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmmm, there's many a woman that certainly has very pronounced breast changes before getting a BFP faithrising soooooo, could be something
fingersx.gif
or could just be happening to drive you out of your mind with the "Am I?!" Is it possible these things have occurred before but now b/c you're TTC they're really catching your attention? I wouldn't think too much of the left breast pain just yet also.

Thanks so much for the new thread prescott! Love the theme
love.gif
. Oh I'm so happy you and DP found your way back to each other
happytears.gif
. Whatever happens at least ya'll can ride the crazy together. And pleeeeeeease, work some eveels on those brownies!
drool.gif
B/c I'm going to seriously hurt myself when I get around to making these
eat.gif

#3 ·
Thanks so much for the new thread prescottchels! I have to admit that I got goosebumps when I saw the title. I'm feeling very lucky....

mamacatsbaby - slutty brownies are one of my favorite things. When my best friend and I get together, they are always on the menu. What's really fun is replacing the oreos with nutter butters. OMG, so good.

AFM - feeling very zen right now. I have a time frame, I can (to a certain extent) control what happens in that time frame... all in all, I'm feeling good. My best friend is coming to visit for the weekend, life is pretty darn good. We are finally getting some sunshine and lord knows I couldn't be happier about that!
coolshine.gif
All in all, I feel like I'm in a really good place.

#4 ·
Thank u for starting new thread. I have come up with an idea for this cycle. Starting today since I just got off period two days ago in starting my cycle today. I think me and hubby are gonna do it on the even days which is every other day startling today lol. We are just gonna go with it and relax and I'm not testing til I miss a period which won't be til end of may cuz the last two months I have been irregular which aint normal for me so I don't know when I ovulate or when my actual period will be I'm jus gonna go with it cuz I really wanna have my next baby be born in the spring to early summer
smile.gif
my so was born in dec lol so I wanna be pregnant big time in the winter time so it ain't so hot lol

#6 ·
Mamacats - living the 'signs' that are around you this month! Fx they are for real!
Faithrising - congrats on the house! That is so exciting!!! Also on the changes to the nipples (what a thing to say lol)... Seriously though mamacats is right it ain't over till she sings... One lady on here had a 4ww and then a bfp - totally traumatic wait... But I hang onto the fact that AF delayed is all you need!
Re the house stuff, we bought 4 years ago, just a modern estate detached 4br townhouse... And the mortgage we've been patting is around what we would have paid in rent (a few hundred more is all) and Interest rates are still around 6% here! It's nice to be able to do stuff, even maintenance... Fx that you get one soon mamacats!
More later - off to view a house...

#7 ·
Prescott--that's good news!! I hope it's smooth sailing! And thanks for the new thread.
smile.gif

Matt's mom, have fun with your friend!! Soak up some sun for this Ohioan
smile.gif

Scjp--sounds like a good, stress-free (and fun) plan.

In response to those who responded, yep--weird symptoms, def. not sure-signs, and I don't really know what's normal for me--my body has been shifting. Last month my breasts were sore for the whole cycle. I won't call anything till AF decides to come or stay home!

Goodnight all!

#8 ·
Mamacats I agree re the brownies - they look awesome! Dh offered to cook them... But since I would be the one eating them I said no... Too many sweets here already!
Gf brownies sound awesome Prescottchels!
Btw when I read about you and dp I got all teary... (Just caught up now) I'm so glad you worked out what your heart needed, and that you both feel that way - all the technical stuff will fall how it falls... But the fact you guys feel empty with out each other is soo adorable!!! It's also a special thing, so fx you get to keep enjoying it!
Faithrising - fx for you! Lol I have to say that your name makes me think of the Buffy the vampire slayer - the other slayer faith... Rising from the whatever.. Sorry I know it has a lovely meaning for you - just keep getting the mental connection.
Scjp - fx for you and a very zen month!
Matt's mom - I hope it is a good omen for you... Loads of pink!
Afm - I'm a little bummed, dh has a suppoena (however you spell it) to give medical evidence... He got an emails today with flights and accommodation... So he will be away for 2 nights... He gets back around 2 days prior to o... So not too bad, but still frustrating!

#9 ·
Chuord--Hah--that's great! I forgot about that show
smile.gif
nice throwback!
That's a bummer about dh leaving, but awesome that he comes back when he does! Plus, distance makes the heart grow fonder
smile.gif

Afm: today is 14dpo. My cycle would usually land me w/ AF tomorrow, but I'm not sure what dpo I usually start... So we'll see. I've got the cramps today so who knows.

#10 ·
Ah... She's here. I think I knew that would happen.

On the bright side, going to a baby shower today, so that means I can all the coffee and all kinds of sweet treats that i could want. Maybe sushi and beer with the hubs tonight
orngbiggrin.gif

Also, in a way I'm glad I have a canon of sorts that I can measure up against so I can recognize when we ARE preggers.

Fx for everyone still in the running!!

#11 ·
Hugs faithrising! Love your outlook on AF... Enjoy your party and the sushi!
Mamacats- so I've been stalking your chart 10dpo? Seems like your month has gone soo fast! How are you traveling?
Hugs all!
Prescottchels - still happy for you ? I'm such a sad romantic!

#12 ·
Halo ladies! Will BBL to catch up with you all. I've got some truly wicked PMS going on, or not
lol.gif
. Guess all will be revealed in a day or three
eyesroll.gif
. Hope you're doing well lovelies
blowkiss.gif

#13 ·
Matt's Mom: Or adding nut butters in addition to the Oreos (or equally tasty Oreo-type substitution; those Back to Nature, yeah right lol, chocolate sandwich cookies were so yummy when we used to get those)
faint.gif
. I can't believe I'm just now getting wind of these. I am a chocolate fiend and therefore don't tend to keep it in the house on the regular
lol.gif
. Glad you guys are getting some sun in (it's gray, rainy, and cloudy here
irked.gif
) and that you're feeling good about where you are. Keep it up!
flowersforyou.gif

Good luck scjp!
dust.gif

chuord: I hear you on the sweets! I so pink sparkly heart looooove a good dessert
drool.gif
. I cannot keep stuff like cookies and danishes and so on in the house or game over
lol.gif
(especially if it's gluteny). When I get to wanting something on the sweet side I buy the ingredients and make it for the family. Dang, that definitely sounds frustrating with your DH getting subpoenaed so close to O. Well they're certainly cutting it close now aren't they
duh.gif
. Hope he gets back earlier than expected so you guys can have at least one more day as a cushion. B/c who doesn't like a cushion?
lol.gif

Sorry she got you faithrisiing
hug.gif
. If I get got again this time I'm definitely treating myself to some sushi and a blackberry lager or two
yummy.gif
. There's this place near us that I haven't tried yet that looks yummy
eat.gif

So, AFM, here I sit, waiting lol. I hate this point in the game. I've got two or three more days until I know for sure what's going on. Reeeeally hoping this PMS turns out to be bebe related 'cause then I can deal a lot better
lol.gif
. If it's not preggy related at least AF will bring relief to the end of the cycle emotional onslaught that my body seems to like to manufacture each and every month
disappointed.gif
. Alrighty, time to put my boys in the car and run some errands. Hope you're all feeling wonderful!
kiss.gif

#14 ·
Hi All!

Bummer about AF, faithrising... But good luck to you mamacats -- hope the PMS is indeed bebe-related. I wasn't really able to distinguish between my BFP cycle and all of my BFN cycles as far as symptoms went. The only reason I knew was bc I didn't get AF and at about 13ish DPO the sides of my boobs starting hurting instead of all around like they sometimes do during PMS...

Prescott -- so happy to hear you and DP are in a better place for the time being :) I'm sure the tumult has been stressful but hopefully you're finding a way to remain calm and zen at least about TTC... I think sometimes the way you know it's meant to be (at least in the near term) is that despite all the challenges and all the reasons to break it off -- you somehow just don't. It's kind of like a gravitational pull the surmounts all other obstacles. That's how I always felt with DH and I anyway -- esp since he's in the military and trust me there have been plenty of chances, reasons and opportunities to break it off! If it's meant to be, it will be. That's what I always tell my friends :)

Speaking of chocolate and for those who are GF (and even for those who aren't), I'm always trying out coconut flour cookie recipes and most of the time they end up dry and just not as good as I expected. Well the other day I managed to make the absolute best batch of cookies I've ever had (gluten-free or not!) -- double chocolate coconut. They were ah-mazing. And super moist. They key? Way less coconut flour than I would have thought -- something like 4 tbsp. I based my recipes off this one with a few modifications and added shaved coconut: http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/07/gluten-free-double-chocolate-cookies-with-coconut-flour/

AFM, definitely did not O like I thought I had over the weekend. I had one negative followed by two positive OPKs but a crazy low temp this a.m. dashed my hopes in that department. On the bright side -- my temps seem to be leveling out and getting back down to their normal pre-pregnancy and pre-miscarriage lows. So I'm hoping O comes along sometime in the next week. In the meantime I've been occupying myself with the new pup and planning out our trips for the summer and fall -- right now I'm thinking Greece and Egypt. I think DH probs can't wait for me to get knocked up again so I stop planning expensive holidays -- although then I'll likely just try to turn them into babymoons :) We really should go back to the States for a visit at some point but although I miss my family, traveling and exploring this part of the world while we are here is just too tempting! That and I'm over trying to plan travel around the fact that I may or may not be pregnant in the next year. May will mark the month I crazily "planned" on delivering when we first started TTC in August of last year, before realizing the absurd extent of my naiveté. I've had to re-rack plans so many times now I've realized it's just not worth it to plan with that in mind. It's been a humbling experience, to say the least, and I'm starting to realize, looking back, that maybe not being pregnant over the past nine months was the best thing for DH and I. We've certainly had more fun than I think two 29-year-olds are entitled to ;)

Hope everyone has a great week!

#15 ·
Oasis - loved your chat, I totally agree re the planning... I also found that for the first month or two ttc I was totally emotionally invested - and then disappointed... It's definitely a much saner way to plan and live life as normal and hope the bfp surprises you (albeit with careful timing!) the travel sounds awesome! We need more of that too!

Reactions: oasis84
#16 ·
Mamacat-I just sent my best friend the link to slutty brownies and she asked me to make them for our girls day out in Phoenix, not this Friday, but next. So I shall have news to report on them in 2 weeks
winky.gif
I can't believe this is the first I've heard of them!

As for the TWW....
dust.gif

Matt's Mom-Hallelujah for feelin' good!! That's awesome. I hope it can stick with ya for a while! and Spread around here to whomever needs it
love.gif

Scjp-
goodvibes.gif
good vibes comin your way for your new TTC plan!!

Chuord-
fingersx.gif
fingers crossed for you girl! I think you have a chance especially if you BD several times before DH leaves!

Faithrising-Ah good attitude Re: AF! Did you get your splurge on?
lol.gif
That's what I always do...I end up asking myself, "hmmmm what's my consolation prize this month?!"
winky.gif

Oasis-I found myself planning future events around conceiving and being preggers too, I guess I still do a bit, but not like in the very beginning. I think I've gotten to a place now where I know I'll be ok if I don't get pregnant, where as before & as far back as I can remember not getting pregnant was.not.an.option.period.

So now I can get pregnant, no pressure, right Universe?!
winky.gif
shy.gif

Yeah DP & I definitely have some sort of "gravitational pull" happening lol We talked a little about it tonight and he's still sorting out his confusion about everything and the whirlwind of emotions, etc, but less stressed, is sleeping better and feels me reaching out to him and being wanted...so... awwwww poor sweet guy... I think we'll get thru it.

Thanks everyone for the support. It means a lot to me that I can "talk" about it here with you all
luxlove.gif

It's CD 9 so not a whole lot happening yet. Kinda just planning to BD as close to every other day as it works out and doing OPK's just so I have something of a landmark to go by. And I have to say if you're wondering if you should take Maca or not. Do it. Holy Kamoly. It might be a good thing DP & I live separately or I might not be able to keep myself under control
Sheepish.gif

I got my new glasses today. So exciting!! Regular ones and scrip sunglasses, which I haven't had in a couple years
kewl.gif
I got them from http://www.zennioptical.com/ in case any of you need glasses...the deals really can't be beat and the quality is really pretty good despite the super low prices. I got both pairs of mine (& I have a super strong scrip, which costs more) for under $100 total.

#17 ·
Thanks for the support ladies! Guess what the trial got moved back to the end of may 😀 so I have my man all week!! Woohoo lol

#18 ·
Yay chuord enjoy :)

I hear you on the glasses, prescott. Our insurance is pretty good as far as what it covers (basically everything) but contacts are the one thing that it doesn't. DH and I (who are both myopic) are contemplating getting laser eye surgery. Seems worth it for what would hopefully be a lifetime of no more contacts or glasses. Although I'll admit sometimes I'm in the mood to throw on glasses and play up the sexy secretary look :)

AFM, about to start a four-day weekend. It's the local labor day holiday plus Jordan celebrates Easter on the Orthodox calendar so we've got Sunday off too (work week here is Sunday - Thursday). The best part about living abroad is getting double the holidays -- local AND American!

#19 ·
Yay for holidays oasis - enjoy! Re eye surgery, I suggested it to dh - but he's concerned if it doesn't work... (He operates for a living and would like to see lol)

#20 ·
Hiya ladies! I swear I'm going to check in here
lol.gif
. Completely swamped and exhausted, whew! A little on the late side for me right now but hoping I can catch up tomorrow
blowkiss.gif

#21 ·
Chuord-that is awesome news!!

Oasis-I made the "mistake" of watching a real laser eye surgery on tv and now I don't know that I could bring myself to do it lol It kinda creeped me out. But anyhooooo that's just me
shy.gif
I've had glasses since first grade so that makes it something like 30 years of having something attached to my face except in the shower and in bed so I'd really feel like part of me was missing lol

So you know how I said it was only CD 9 yesterday so it was kinda early for anything to be going on? Well, surprise!!! Got a positive OPK this morn along w/EWCM so I invited DP over for a romantic interlude this afternoon between our respective late afternoon appointments
winky.gif
Crazy crazy bodies we have....you just never know what they're gonna do...I feel like we have pretty good coverage if you will, since we BD'd 2 days ago, and 2 days before that and probably will tomorrow too
Sheepish.gif

So I have a burning question that I keep forgetting to ask...On my OPK's it says ovulation happens w/in 24-48 hrs after a positive test. So what day do you count as O day? The day you get the pos? Or the day or 2 after?

JustJenny-been thinking about you the past few days. Sending love your way
blowkiss.gif

flowersforyou.gif
and hi to everyone else too!!

#22 ·
Hey all, I'm lurking. The mobile site stopped working so it's hard to type on my phone
smile.gif
my splurge has been extra caffeine
orngbiggrin.gif
we're trying to buy a house, so nothing too extravagant. And the house thing...ick, the bank we're buying from only gave verbal confirmation. We're still waiting on the papers, THEN, inspections and a long period of waiting (more).

Chuord, enjoy!! How convenient is that?

Fx mamacat!

Prescott--new glasses are one of my favorite things!! Makes every outfit feel a little beer IMHO
smile.gif

Oasis, have fun relaxing!!!! Do something exotic for us Americans to experience vicariously
wink1.gif

#23 ·
faith best of luck with the house. When we bought right after we got married I was floored by how complicated and drawn out the whole process was. Luckily DH is a whiz with real estate and finances -- I don't know if I would have been able to do it on my own -- it's so intimidating!

prescott -- as with so many things in TTC, I really find that the positive-OPK-to-O-date relationship is different for everyone (just what you wanted to hear, I'm sure!). I've gotten positives 48 hours before O and also not gotten positives until the day of O (I confirm with BBT bc it drives me bananas not knowing for sure down to the day). I've also read and heard of women who get positives 72 hours before O. So I think really anything within a 3-day range is fair game. Personally I go with 48 hours just to cover all my bases and make sure we BD up until two days after the positive. Not to throw another wrench in the machine but I'm also an erratic ovulater (apparently "ovulater" isn't a word, haha) so have been known to get very positive OPKs and then not O. My body "gears up" to O and then for whatever reason doesn't release an egg (which is what happened to me this cycle -- not surprising since it's my first post-miscarriage). It's mega annoying and another reason why I've come to rely on BBT so much. But if you're fairly regular that shouldn't be an issue for you! Good luck catching the egg...

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis84 View Post

Hi All!

Bummer about AF, faithrising... But good luck to you mamacats -- hope the PMS is indeed bebe-related. I wasn't really able to distinguish between my BFP cycle and all of my BFN cycles as far as symptoms went. The only reason I knew was bc I didn't get AF and at about 13ish DPO the sides of my boobs starting hurting instead of all around like they sometimes do during PMS...

Prescott -- so happy to hear you and DP are in a better place for the time being
smile.gif
I'm sure the tumult has been stressful but hopefully you're finding a way to remain calm and zen at least about TTC... I think sometimes the way you know it's meant to be (at least in the near term) is that despite all the challenges and all the reasons to break it off -- you somehow just don't. It's kind of like a gravitational pull the surmounts all other obstacles. That's how I always felt with DH and I anyway -- esp since he's in the military and trust me there have been plenty of chances, reasons and opportunities to break it off! If it's meant to be, it will be. That's what I always tell my friends
smile.gif

Speaking of chocolate and for those who are GF (and even for those who aren't), I'm always trying out coconut flour cookie recipes and most of the time they end up dry and just not as good as I expected. Well the other day I managed to make the absolute best batch of cookies I've ever had (gluten-free or not!) -- double chocolate coconut. They were ah-mazing. And super moist. They key? Way less coconut flour than I would have thought -- something like 4 tbsp. I based my recipes off this one with a few modifications and added shaved coconut: http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/07/gluten-free-double-chocolate-cookies-with-coconut-flour/

AFM, definitely did not O like I thought I had over the weekend. I had one negative followed by two positive OPKs but a crazy low temp this a.m. dashed my hopes in that department. On the bright side -- my temps seem to be leveling out and getting back down to their normal pre-pregnancy and pre-miscarriage lows. So I'm hoping O comes along sometime in the next week. In the meantime I've been occupying myself with the new pup and planning out our trips for the summer and fall -- right now I'm thinking Greece and Egypt. I think DH probs can't wait for me to get knocked up again so I stop planning expensive holidays -- although then I'll likely just try to turn them into babymoons
smile.gif
We really should go back to the States for a visit at some point but although I miss my family, traveling and exploring this part of the world while we are here is just too tempting! That and I'm over trying to plan travel around the fact that I may or may not be pregnant in the next year. May will mark the month I crazily "planned" on delivering when we first started TTC in August of last year, before realizing the absurd extent of my naiveté. I've had to re-rack plans so many times now I've realized it's just not worth it to plan with that in mind. It's been a humbling experience, to say the least, and I'm starting to realize, looking back, that maybe not being pregnant over the past nine months was the best thing for DH and I. We've certainly had more fun than I think two 29-year-olds are entitled to
wink1.gif

Hope everyone has a great week!
Yeah, with each of my pregnancies I've felt like AF was coming. Distracting myself with a lot of child-rearing, reading, and TV
lol.gif
. I watched all of Hemlock Grove on Netflix in a matter of days (can't sleep!) and despite myself am completely addicted
bag.gif
. Starting on Fringe tonight
shine.gif
. Reading Isaac Asimov's Foundation series. So good already! On the cookies, those look yummy and I'll have to try them out. I've got a pretty yummy one myself for coconut flour chocolate chip cookies that I play with and I love it. We've always wanted to travel, enjoy all you can! For us stuck state-side give us some
photosmile3.gif
. Good for you guys for taking the fun and running with it
orngbiggrin.gif
. I definitely miss that innocent, naïve thinking I had with my boys that BFP = baby. Intense path to walk the loss one is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottchels View Post

Mamacat-I just sent my best friend the link to slutty brownies and she asked me to make them for our girls day out in Phoenix, not this Friday, but next. So I shall have news to report on them in 2 weeks
winky.gif

I can't believe this is the first I've heard of them!
As for the TWW....
dust.gif

Matt's Mom-Hallelujah for feelin' good!! That's awesome. I hope it can stick with ya for a while! and Spread around here to whomever needs it
love.gif

Scjp-
goodvibes.gif

good vibes comin your way for your new TTC plan!!

Chuord-
fingersx.gif

fingers crossed for you girl! I think you have a chance especially if you BD several times before DH leaves!

Faithrising-Ah good attitude Re: AF! Did you get your splurge on?
lol.gif

That's what I always do...I end up asking myself, "hmmmm what's my consolation prize this month?!"
winky.gif

Oasis-I found myself planning future events around conceiving and being preggers too, I guess I still do a bit, but not like in the very beginning. I think I've gotten to a place now where I know I'll be ok if I don't get pregnant, where as before & as far back as I can remember not getting pregnant was.not.an.option.period.
So now I can get pregnant, no pressure, right Universe?!
winky.gif

shy.gif

Yeah DP & I definitely have some sort of "gravitational pull" happening lol We talked a little about it tonight and he's still sorting out his confusion about everything and the whirlwind of emotions, etc, but less stressed, is sleeping better and feels me reaching out to him and being wanted...so... awwwww poor sweet guy... I think we'll get thru it.
Thanks everyone for the support. It means a lot to me that I can "talk" about it here with you all
luxlove.gif

It's CD 9 so not a whole lot happening yet. Kinda just planning to BD as close to every other day as it works out and doing OPK's just so I have something of a landmark to go by. And I have to say if you're wondering if you should take Maca or not. Do it. Holy Kamoly. It might be a good thing DP & I live separately or I might not be able to keep myself under control
Sheepish.gif

I got my new glasses today. So exciting!! Regular ones and scrip sunglasses, which I haven't had in a couple years
kewl.gif

I got them from http://www.zennioptical.com/
in case any of you need glasses...the deals really can't be beat and the quality is really pretty good despite the super low prices. I got both pairs of mine (& I have a super strong scrip, which costs more) for under $100 total.
I'll be waiting for your report Prescott!
eat.gif
And yeah, I love zenni
love.gif
. Used them the last two times I've needed to order glasses and I recommend them to everybody. I'm planning to order some sunglasses from them in a few weeks
privateeyes.gif
. I always love their stuff. The brick 'n mortar places get really annoyed it seems to me when you just want your scrip and PD and not their uber expensive eyewear
lol.gif
. And it's just so sweet about you and DP
heartbeat.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post

Thanks for the support ladies! Guess what the trial got moved back to the end of may ? so I have my man all week!! Woohoo lol
Woohoo!!! Let the games begin! So to speak
lol.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis84 View Post

Yay chuord enjoy
smile.gif

I hear you on the glasses, prescott. Our insurance is pretty good as far as what it covers (basically everything) but contacts are the one thing that it doesn't. DH and I (who are both myopic) are contemplating getting laser eye surgery. Seems worth it for what would hopefully be a lifetime of no more contacts or glasses. Although I'll admit sometimes I'm in the mood to throw on glasses and play up the sexy secretary look
smile.gif

AFM, about to start a four-day weekend. It's the local labor day holiday plus Jordan celebrates Easter on the Orthodox calendar so we've got Sunday off too (work week here is Sunday - Thursday). The best part about living abroad is getting double the holidays -- local AND American!
Enjoy the four-day! We're hoping to get one in soon. We need it, bad
hang.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottchels View Post

Chuord-that is awesome news!!

Oasis-I made the "mistake" of watching a real laser eye surgery on tv and now I don't know that I could bring myself to do it lol It kinda creeped me out. But anyhooooo that's just me
shy.gif

I've had glasses since first grade so that makes it something like 30 years of having something attached to my face except in the shower and in bed so I'd really feel like part of me was missing lol

So you know how I said it was only CD 9 yesterday so it was kinda early for anything to be going on? Well, surprise!!! Got a positive OPK this morn along w/EWCM so I invited DP over for a romantic interlude this afternoon between our respective late afternoon appointments
winky.gif

Crazy crazy bodies we have....you just never know what they're gonna do...I feel like we have pretty good coverage if you will, since we BD'd 2 days ago, and 2 days before that and probably will tomorrow too
Sheepish.gif

So I have a burning question that I keep forgetting to ask...On my OPK's it says ovulation happens w/in 24-48 hrs after a positive test. So what day do you count as O day? The day you get the pos? Or the day or 2 after?

JustJenny-been thinking about you the past few days. Sending love your way
blowkiss.gif

flowersforyou.gif
and hi to everyone else too!!
I'm not an OPK user so I can't help you much there with personal experience but I'd probably think about marking O as around that 24 -72 hours after I got the positive OPK that coincided with my secondary signs suggesting O happened (fertile CF dried up, CP closed, etc.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithrising View Post

Hey all, I'm lurking. The mobile site stopped working so it's hard to type on my phone
smile.gif
my splurge has been extra caffeine
orngbiggrin.gif
we're trying to buy a house, so nothing too extravagant. And the house thing...ick, the bank we're buying from only gave verbal confirmation. We're still waiting on the papers, THEN, inspections and a long period of waiting (more).

Chuord, enjoy!! How convenient is that?

Fx mamacat!

Prescott--new glasses are one of my favorite things!! Makes every outfit feel a little beer IMHO
smile.gif

Oasis, have fun relaxing!!!! Do something exotic for us Americans to experience vicariously
wink1.gif
Beer-feeling outfits?! Where can I get some of those!
lol.gif
winky.gif
I hope the house stuff doesn't take too much longer for you guys. Yeah, that's a lot of paperwork to roll through for sure! Since your DH is so good with realty stuff did you guys just go in on your own or did you hire a realtor? Oh! And it was you talking about the beer and sushi if this cycle ends up BFN right? Well I tried that place I was talking about the other day and blah, terrible food IMO. Just, bland. I got the Pad Thai and what was supposed to be a spicy salmon role and meh. The hot stuff was bland and congealed and just not good; the sushi, not even a hint of spice
eyesroll.gif
and like I said, bland.

Ya'll know what I had the other day? Some cheddar Pirate Booty, just in-freaking-haled this entire little $1 bag of it that I got at Kroger
lol.gif
. Sooooo glad I can get a cheese puff fix sometimes w/o needing a medical degree to read the ingredients, ha! We're not "low-carb" by any stretch of the imagination but I am craving them so badly right now. I talk about food a lot b/c I cook a lot and love to eat
orngbiggrin.gif
. Sorry about the super long post! I was trying to keep straight what I wanted to stay and most likely still forgot something lol . Be wonderful to yourselves ladies!
flowersforyou.gif

#25 ·
Oasis-I really have no idea if I O regularly
lol.gif
headscratch.gif
(I guess I should read up on that, again) I just have always assumed I do. Perhaps that's a mistake, or just that I have all the signs & stopped wondering... I did have what I thought was O pain last night...

It seems like my body has thrown yet another curve ball...this morn's OPK looked like a pos that I would get leading up to O. Usually leading up to O I get a lighter test line w/the darker control line, then for O they're both the same darkness then the next day it's just the one control line-which I should've had today, but didn't. So who knows, maybe yesterday's "positive" was just a flukey test OR maybe today's test was lol OR OR OR....who knows... So I'm definitely still taking OPKs and I will for sure keep BDing regularly maybe all month, just cuz it increases the chances somehow from what I've read.

I've been feeling so optimistic about this cycle that I can feel the obsession creeping in already. Haven't had that in a while...but the next 3 weeks I'm completely slammed w/work so hopefully that will keep my mind from going too bonkers plus one of my very good friends is getting married at the end of those very crazy 3 weeks (so she doesn't get deported-yes it's just like the movies
lol.gif
) So we've got a wedding to prepare for too!

#26 ·
prescott- I use opk's with charting. Typically you would pinpoint O after you've had at least 3 days of temperature rise. For me I start out with weak positives usually about 2 days before I get the blaring positive. When I get the blaring positive I ovulate very soon afterwards-within 24 hrs for sure. Perhaps your surge wasn't has strong this time? Hard to tell if you are having hormonal issues without charting
smile.gif

Hi everyone-
wave.gif
Wishing you all lots of bfp's during our new moon!
dust.gif

Me- I'm 11dpo today. I was going to test this morning but when I went to the potty I didn't feel like it, lol. So I'll probably test tomorrow. Once again I don't feel pregnant. Just dealing with all the supplemented progesterone side effects. SO sleepy! Hopefully I'm wrong....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.