Bajingo Juice brings forth May Flowers and BFPs! TTC #1 in our 30s - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 05-31-2013, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone,

LibraryGirl--I love your upbeat attitude and you sold me on the PreSeed. I just got some yesterday and look forward to trying it out. Have you ever tried Robitussin/Mucinex for EWCM? I've noticed I don't have a lot and was thinking about trying it. That's great that the Vitex is working for you. I've given up on it since my last two cycles I ovulates on D27 and D31. From what I've read, it seems to work differently for different women. And yay for the anniversary O!

As an aside, since we were on the topic of orgasm timing, the sobadora I was seeing told me that if the woman climaxes first, then you'll have a boy, and if it's the man, then you will have a girl.

Viddy--It sounds like you have been doing lots of positive things to create a wonderful foundation for baby and/or foster child. I so admire people who foster children. There are so many children in our communities in need of stable, loving homes. Someday I would like to do this as well, but I see it as being a ways off for us. I completely empathize with your feelings of failure. There's this horrible sad overwhelming feeling of being a failure as a woman or having a fruitless marriage that sometimes really gets me down. If it's any consolation, I think our feelings are very normal at this stage.

RosieL--I love that you are bringing the peer-reviewed research to the forum and making sure to get credible information. There's so much hearsay floating around.

So, on my end the main thing is that I saw a reproductive endocrinologist for the first time yesterday. But, I think my hopes were a little high. I thought he would be able to provide me with some insight into why my cycles are so irregular and help me to treat the cause rather than the symptom (naive, perhaps). He was perfectly nice and very understanding, but in the end all he really did was another vaginal ultrasound and write me a prescription for Clomid. It's frustrating to not have a diagnosis. My lab work has all been pretty normal, so I don't appear to have PCOS, but my ovaries are all lumpy and "PCOS-like," so two doctors have told me I may have "slight PCOS." I DO seem to be ovulating, but it's rather unpredictable. The other piece of the puzzle is stress, and the RE said that one of my hormone levels was indicative of stress--and if that is what is delaying ovulation, the Clomid probably won't work. I don't know why, but I feel reluctant to start the Clomid. It also gets expensive since I guess I have to come in for an ultrasound after taking the Clomid to make sure I'm not on track to have triplets or something, and my student health insurance won't cover that. I sent an email to a naturopathic midwife and am thinking about consulting with her first. Has anyone here taken Clomid? Am I being too much of a stubborn hippie here?

NTNA March 2011 to June 2012

6 wk M/C June 2012

Actively TTC since October 2012

#62 of 66 Old 05-31-2013, 11:15 AM

Hello Baileymarie!

I have been TTC#1 since 6/2011.   I used 50mg of clomid in July 2012 and was successful but had a m/c at 8 weeks.  I used clomid for 2 more months after that and had BFN.  I waited about a year and we are now trying it again.  I am 7 dpo and can't wait to take a test.  I didn't experience any side effects from the clomid.  My insurance does not cover any infertility either so we have to pay out of pocket.  I was never called in for an ultrasound only blood work on cd21. 

#63 of 66 Old 05-31-2013, 12:15 PM

Bailey- Just popping in to give you some reassurance....I have suspect ovaries too even though technically I don't have pcos. I still had cysts every month but thankfully they didn't get in the way of the process. I completely identify with how you felt at your RE. Its a big shock when you bring in all your hard efforts of charting and concerns and they dismiss everything as if it had no value! My RE didn't even look at my charts- just said well we'll see what the blood works says. Uh, well it said nothing. I got the lovely "unexplained" diagnosis that basically makes all pro-active health women nuts.

I was ovulating too. What clomid does is to strengthen the power of the ovulation so hopefully your body kicks into gear with the other hormones to support a pregnancy. Clomid and progesterone ended up working for me. I responded extremely well to clomid, although I had some uncomfortable side effects. My RE did 2 ultrasounds a month while on clomid. The first one is to check the lining of the uterus after your period and monitor any cyst activity. The second was to check again on the cysts and to see if clomid is working by counting how many follicles were produced.

It is a financial commitment for sure. It kinda nickles and dimes you to death. In the end it was all worth it for me to get my bfp. Are you being stubborn- no I don't think so. Its a HUGE undertaking and if you don't like over monitoring (I don't) it can really upset your balance and lead to more stress. You know how it goes- once you start it seems to lead to more and more interventions. Remember you are still in charge and make the ultimate decisions on your body. If its to much for you stop! You can always start again when you are in a better mental space.Good luck to you in whatever you choose!

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#64 of 66 Old 05-31-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileymarie View Post

RosieL--I love that you are bringing the peer-reviewed research to the forum and making sure to get credible information. There's so much hearsay floating around.

So, on my end the main thing is that I saw a reproductive endocrinologist for the first time yesterday. But, I think my hopes were a little high. I thought he would be able to provide me with some insight into why my cycles are so irregular and help me to treat the cause rather than the symptom (naive, perhaps). He was perfectly nice and very understanding, but in the end all he really did was another vaginal ultrasound and write me a prescription for Clomid. It's frustrating to not have a diagnosis. My lab work has all been pretty normal, so I don't appear to have PCOS, but my ovaries are all lumpy and "PCOS-like," so two doctors have told me I may have "slight PCOS." I DO seem to be ovulating, but it's rather unpredictable. The other piece of the puzzle is stress, and the RE said that one of my hormone levels was indicative of stress--and if that is what is delaying ovulation, the Clomid probably won't work. I don't know why, but I feel reluctant to start the Clomid. It also gets expensive since I guess I have to come in for an ultrasound after taking the Clomid to make sure I'm not on track to have triplets or something, and my student health insurance won't cover that. I sent an email to a naturopathic midwife and am thinking about consulting with her first. Has anyone here taken Clomid? Am I being too much of a stubborn hippie here?

Thanks! Did the RE happen to mention which hormone was indicative of high stress levels? 

I am ridiculously ignorant about how clomid acts on the body and how all the hormones interact. But if I were in the seventh month of actively TTC with irregular ovulation after a couple years of NTNP...I would probably be willing to give it a go. My mom TTCd me for two years, use clomid for three months, took a break and got pregnant on the first non-clomid post-clomid cycle. She did the exact same thing two years later to conceive my brother. But that's just me!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#65 of 66 Old 06-01-2013, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Here's the new thread! I'm still working on adding and graduating people. I'm not sure how to do that with the links so please be patient. Skim the list, please and let me know if I need to change anything.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1384410/bajingo-juice-brings-june-bugs-and-bfps-ttc-1-in-our-30s

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#66 of 66 Old 06-03-2013, 01:31 PM

Hello Everyone!

May I join?  I am 30 years old and we have been ttc for 2 years.  In June 2012 I did get pregnant but I had a m/c.  We gave up trying for about 6 months and have just decided to really start trying again.  This is my first month on clomid and I am hopeful that we'll be successful.  I am currently on CD21 and have not yet tested. 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page