New to forums - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-01-2013, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! Dh and I have been TTC for 12 months now and I am starting to have a hard time with it. I posted twice in other forums and got some pretty mean responses. Right now, I am 15 dpo with a temp drop two days in a row though not below the cover line, and no AF. I am anticipating AF probably tomorrow which means I will keep my WTF appt on 5/9. I have a few questions:

1. Have any of you done counseling if you are having a tough time ttc?
2. What can I expect from the wtf appointment? All I know is that the gyn brushed off my concern at 6 mo and said, "see you and your husband back in 6 mo if you're not pregnant" (I am seeing a different doc 5/9)
3. Do your friends know that you are ttc or trouble ttc? (only a few do for us)

Me (29) & DH (29) 9.5 years together, 2 years married, TTC since 4/2012.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

#2 of 3 Old 05-02-2013, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
TTC can be pretty tough when things are taking a while. I started seeing a psychologist specializing in infertility around the 12-month mark of TTC and I don't know how I would have survived without her! I'm still seeing her today (2 years later).

Usually the first appointment after you pass the 12-month mark your doctor will prescribe you and your DH a whole series of tests to try and figure out if you have any of the common fertility issues. Also they may give you Clomid which is the first medication everyone tries. I would recommend going straight to an RE or fertility clinic at this point because regular gynecologists aren't as well equipped to deal with fertility issues (my gynecologist was completely useless).

I'm not a very secretive person so I told lots of people about our TTC! The further I got into fertility treatments, the more people I told and I've never regretted talking about it. Everyone has a different comfort level though, you should go with your gut on this one.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#3 of 3 Old 05-07-2013, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1. Have any of you done counseling if you are having a tough time ttc?

No, I did not see a counselor but I did go through some very dark days and a good therapist might have helped. I basically relied on DH for support (which was hard because I know he was hurting too).

2. What can I expect from the wtf appointment? All I know is that the gyn brushed off my concern at 6 mo and said, "see you and your husband back in 6 mo if you're not pregnant" (I am seeing a different doc 5/9)

Depending on your age, it's not uncommon for doctors to want to wait until the 12 month mark. My first infertility apps (I went to an RE) consisted of blood tests for myself and DH, spermanalysis, and after, an HSG (this was after several failed IUIs).

3. Do your friends know that you are ttc or trouble ttc? (only a few do for us)

I was pretty reserved about the whole thing. However, the longer it took, the more I opened up. I tended to open up more around other women who had difficulty. It was just annoying talking about it with women who conceived easily because they just couldn't get what I was going through and would often say something insensitive (albeit, unintentionally). Eventually, all my friends knew. When it takes as long as we took and they already know we've been trying, it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

&

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page