1. Have any of you done counseling if you are having a tough time ttc?
2. What can I expect from the wtf appointment? All I know is that the gyn brushed off my concern at 6 mo and said, "see you and your husband back in 6 mo if you're not pregnant" (I am seeing a different doc 5/9)
3. Do your friends know that you are ttc or trouble ttc? (only a few do for us)
Me (29) & DH (29) 9.5 years together, 2 years married, TTC since 4/2012.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
Hello marcyse and Welcome to Mothering! I'm sorry you had mean responses to your questions in the past. That kind of response doesn't make sense to me. TTC is tough and compassion is the best response.
1) We did see a counselor once while TTC. She worked specifically with the fertility department through my health care provider. I have heard other women attend support groups and found that to be helpful.
2) What is a WTF appointment? Is that like, "WTF is going on? Why am I not pregnant yet?" If you are under 35, it is normal for your doctor to not look too deeply until you have been TTC for a year. Are you under 35? Is this new doctor a fertility specialist or just a regular OBGYN? At my first appointment with the specialist, she reviewed a bunch of blood tests I had had in preparation for the appointment. She recommended an HSG test (sorry, I don't feel like trying to spell that right now.) to make sure my tubes were clear. Then she discussed trying Clomid and monitoring cycles.
3) We told close friends and family that we were TTC but we weren't too specific because we didn't want to be answering a lot of questions like, 'Are you pregnant yet"? Luckily, people were very respectful and didn't bug us about it. When we had trouble we only told a few close people. It's nothing to be ashamed of, it's so much more common than one might think, but I am a very private person and this is what felt more comfortable for me.
I hope you get some answers soon!
Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!
Check out our User Agreement.
|Trying To Conceive|