Nursing Mamas TTC May - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 87 Old 05-22-2013, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think our journey of breastfeeding has come to an end. My daughter is 3 1/2 and I got my BFP last week. This is our second day of no nursing. She's fussed a little but nothing like I thought she would. I think it's harder on her than me. I'd love to keep nursing her, but with my loss in March and then being diagnosed with hypothyroidism I don't think I can risk continuing to stress by body by bf'ing through another pregnancy. I even wonder if breastfeeding through my last pregnancy and then tandem breastfeeding didn't help push my thyroid into failure. I'm been bf'ing and/or pregnant for over 6 yrs. Didn't want it to end this way, but I want to do everything I can to be healthy and keep this new little one healthy. 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#62 of 87 Old 05-22-2013, 07:35 PM

Serenyd. Thinking of you during this time. You have to take care of you so that you can continue nurturing those around you... A big challenge certainly for most of us.
Serenyd likes this.
#63 of 87 Old 05-22-2013, 07:35 PM

Serenyd. Thinking of you during this time. You have to take care of you so that you can continue nurturing those around you... A big challenge certainly for most of us.
#64 of 87 Old 05-22-2013, 10:24 PM

Hello!  I'm new here and looking to feel a little less alone...  AF returned when DS was 12.5 months old.  We were hoping to catch the first egg, but didn't.  I've been charting and it seems that my luteal phase has been a little short since AF returned, so I've been trying to cut out a nursing with each cycle.  We are down to nursing two times per day, and I am in my fifth pp cycle.  I'm hoping that DS won't have to completely wean for me to be able to get pregnant, but I'm starting to think that's what has to happen. Expecting to O any day now and keeping my fingers crossed that the fifth time's the charm!

#65 of 87 Old 05-23-2013, 02:57 AM

Fingers crossed for you jaxz! I have a 13 mo, and am at two nursings a day too, hoping the same thing.

Nursing him right now actually. The little snoozer slept 45 min later than usual for his AM feed. smile.gif

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#66 of 87 Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 AM

It's so crazy how everyone is so different with AF and nursing. I nurse ALL THE TIME, and a few times a night, and I've had AF this time since 3m PP! I've nursed through 2 pregnancies and tandemed those 2x as well. I will probably do the same this time too, if LO keeps on. I always have to night wean when PG though. 

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#67 of 87 Old 05-23-2013, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here 

Congrats Serenyd joy.gif

Welcome jaxz

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#68 of 87 Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 PM

Hi SoCaliMommy. After 35 days my AF returned post first cycle postpartum so I guess I go back under waiting to ovulate. So weird though my terrible cramping started days before I get AF both times and not during. .. never was like this before. Babydust to all.
#69 of 87 Old 05-26-2013, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone! Can you add me to waiting to catch first pp egg .

I have a 8 month old & I have always wanted my first 2 close in age. Dh has been bringing up that we should start trying & I was excited but nervouse about how long it might take. I havent had a period yet. I had a short 3 days of bleeding around 3 months but nothing since. DD nurses 5-6 times a day, I was pumping once a day but now Im off work for the summer so I stopped pumping 4 days ago(yay!). At night just last week we figured things out(for now) and she feeds 3-4 times at night. Id really like to cut back at night. Ha!

Does anyone have any tips on helping to bring O back besides decreasing nursing & not loosing weight(from last month thread greensad.gif )?
#70 of 87 Old 05-26-2013, 12:49 PM

I got a BFP on Friday! I calculate my due date as February 2nd... Groundhog Day. I want to tell everybody, but it's still so early. Husband didn't believe it at first. He is not used to looking at faint positives--I only figured out I might be pregnant with DD about 23 DPO and it was a very strong test. 

So far no symptoms really. I feel like I might be peeing more, but I also might be drinking more water at work--I don't usually drink as much at home. 

We joked that we should name the baby Phil if it's a boy and born on his due date, but it doesn't go well with our last name so we wouldn't really. 

Still not feeling entirely real about the whole thing. 

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#71 of 87 Old 05-26-2013, 09:00 PM

Yay Momma Erigeron! Congrats!
#72 of 87 Old 05-27-2013, 08:55 AM

Congrats Erigeron

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#73 of 87 Old 05-28-2013, 05:59 PM

Congrats erigeron!!! I'm so happy for you! smile.gif

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#74 of 87 Old 05-28-2013, 08:22 PM

Congrats Erigeron!!

Nothing really interesting to report here...crampy & zitty...tadaaaaa

#75 of 87 Old 05-29-2013, 01:36 PM

Still no AF for me yet.  Congrats to the ladies with BFPs though!  DS has dropped a night feed this week (athough he has a stinking cold and can't breathe well when he feeds so this may not be a permanent thing) so we'll see how June goes I guess wink1.gif

Married to Mr. Crunchy June 2008 partners.gif ~ welcomed our beautiful boy August 2012 babyf.gif ~ TTC another bundle of joy whilst breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth bumming and raging against the routine. I love my unvaxxed boy novaxnocirc.gif
#76 of 87 Old 05-31-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here 

Congrats  Erigeron!joy.gif

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#77 of 87 Old 05-31-2013, 03:30 PM

Ready to be moved to 2WW!  I've had a few positive OPKs in the past few days and my first high temp this morning, so I think I've finally ovulated (a little later than I expected this month)...

Congrats, erigeron!

#78 of 87 Old 06-01-2013, 08:12 PM

Maybe I am getting somewhere - lots of EWCM the past two days, and a possible positive OPK earlier today.  I may have taken it too early to truly be reliable, so we will see what tonight's OPK says.  I noticed tonight that my nipples seemed sore while nursing - it almost felt like he was scraping his teeth against them (but he has no teeth yet, ha).  For those of you that have ovulated, do you get sore nipples around ovulation?  

#79 of 87 Old 06-01-2013, 09:02 PM

^^^^Crossing fingers that is actual ovulation. Have you been temping at all? 

Thanks for the congratulation. I still feel totally normal so I'm just kind of sitting around going "Well, I started to feel like crap pretty early on with DD, so how much longer until that starts?"

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#80 of 87 Old 06-01-2013, 09:31 PM

fishywishy - Yes!!  My nipples get very sore around ovulation sometimes; that's part of how I knew I was ovulating again before AF returned (that and a positive OPK).  There have been a few times I thought maybe we had thrush again.  They seemed to get less sore after a few cycles, but it seems to be back with a vengeance this cycle... they've been sore for the past five days!  And DS is teething and just wants to suckle forever when I nurse him before bed... sometimes I just have to take him off because it hurts so much (I'm guessing that's what I'll be facing once I get pregnant?), but I feel so bad.

#81 of 87 Old 06-02-2013, 08:38 AM

erigeron - LOL!  I remember wishing I felt like crap when I was pregnant with my younger son.  Then it hit. Like a ton of bricks.  Then I whined, "Whyyyyyy did I wish to feel like this?" Hoping you feel preggo soon (but not feel real bad, just enough to notice!).  

Oh gosh jaxz!  I didn't realize it could be that sore - sounds like "learning to nurse" soreness again!  Eww.  They're still sore today, even more so that yesterday.  How long until you can test??

I am guessing it was ovulation.  I may have missed the first positive OPK though.  I tested on Thursday and it was negative.  I didn't bother testing on Friday (although I had some EWCM that afternoon), we BD friday night. Then, I had copious amounts of EWCM on Sat morning (I don't *think* it was left over semen - didn't dissolve in water, didn't absorb in tissue) and the OPK was possibly positive.  I say "possibly" because only one side of the test line was as dark as the control - I tested that morning and around noon, both were the same.  I tested again last night and it was negative.  It could have been my body gearing up to ovulate...but would I still have the sore nipples and EWCM dry up if ovulation didn't happen?  I wish I had tested on Friday, maybe that would have been a dark positive.  I wish I had been temping!!  :)    

#82 of 87 Old 06-02-2013, 11:19 AM

Mine usually get sore the day before I get my first positive OPK.  I get positive OPKs for two or three days (I get obsessive about it and test three time a day around ovulation), but I know everyone is different.  Sounds like you might have missed a dark positive on Friday...

#83 of 87 Old 06-02-2013, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

If anyone wanted to start the June Thread they can you just have to copy and past. If not i'll get the new thread up later tonight when I am able to get on the computer.

#84 of 87 Old 06-02-2013, 05:06 PM

Hopefully I did it correctly...here's the thread for June:

Nursing Mamas TTC June

#85 of 87 Old 06-07-2013, 08:28 PM

Hi all. Unfortunately, the pregnancy didn't stick. I've been feeling pretty blue about it, especially after the nurse practitioner I saw was so discouraging. She said it was possible the nursing disrupted my hormones enough to contribute to the mc, or else my age (39) means that I have insufficient hormones to support a pregnancy.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I've done some internet research, and most sources say that no link has ever been shown. Some sources do suggest that after a certain, there's a greater likelihood that nursing could contribute.

#86 of 87 Old 06-07-2013, 08:29 PM

I'm so sorry. :(

#87 of 87 Old 06-10-2013, 06:26 PM

So sorry for your loss, morningtide.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page